Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
Ugh I didn't even get any meat on my trip. It wasn't on the list but should have been. The selection at the little grocery store was awful.

I did pick up spring bulbs when I was there and planted them all today. You really get your money's worth from them, about halfway through was enough and the whole bag is going to make those spaces huge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
All Costco’s are different but I’m sure there’s plenty of some meat left

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

there’s always more money meat in the banana Costco stand

Hooks
Aug 26, 2007

He'll save children, but not the British children
Fun Shoe
Gas is 98 cents a gallon here at my Detroit Costco. PBUC

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Was there 4 or 5 days ago, and still no chicken breasts, thighs, or boneless/skinless thighs.

Dammit.

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"
Those red packaged spiral cut hams are amazing and insane cheap, the only problem is that it's too much meat and I'm not prepared.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Hooks posted:

I'd never have guessed that gas under a dollar a gallon again would be the big surprise of 2020 but here we are

AF
Oct 8, 2007
hi

Hooks posted:

Jesus Christ lmao

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

I'm going to buy an empty oil tanker truck from a bankrupt oil company for pennies on the dollar and just fill it up with gasoline while it's cheap

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

poverty goat posted:

I'm going to buy an empty oil tanker truck from a bankrupt oil company for pennies on the dollar and just fill it up with gasoline while it's cheap

I'm gonna be the wild card!

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

poverty goat posted:

Diesel keeps longer especially with biocides etc

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Costco is a full $0.50 cheaper than every place else around here. Probably because they are selling gas they've bought cheaper while other stations with slower Dale's are still selling more expensive gas they bought weeks ago.

Anton Chigurh
Mar 18, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Hooks posted:

Dayum, Costco gas is still $2.29/gal. where I live, but our state gas tax is also 41.4¢/gal. here, 4th highest in the U.S.

So, it's unlikely ever to get close to a dollar.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Went to Costco 30 minutes before opening. Stood in line but it moved so quickly we were in before normal opening time. TP was an easy get, which is good cause I was legit running low. Checkout had a long rear end line too, but that moved fast. There were people in the bottle neck areas reminding everyone about social distancing. Honestly it was kinda nice, I hope Costco keeps these policies in the future!

In line outside someone coughed really hard a few people behind me. The teenager in front of me started laughing and the woman who coughed yelled "don't laugh at me!" and it was kind of a surreal movie scene from a virus apocalyptic movie.

Also saw a 80 year old couple buying Kirkland garbage bags and was like drat, that's the last garbage bags those people will ever buy. They last decades!

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Estate sales in the quarantine gonna have the best poo poo

JMurder
Mar 3, 2006

I don't need no instructions to know how to ROCK!!!
Costco gas is awesome. The savings on premium gas more than pays for the membership every year.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I helped Lowtax become a cyborg and all I got was this lousy avatar

take me you ANIMAL posted:

Just wanted to say that scott 1000 stuff is terrible. They bought it to stock since the store was out of KS. Stuff rubbed my rear end raw after a week of work poopin, had to start bringing my own kirkland from home.

Had some inspectors come by today for my 1 year inspection, first people we've had in the house in a month. They saw the pack of clorox wipes we had and were amazed and said they couldn't find them anywhere, so we gave them a package when they left. My wife has been giving people at her work packs of TP if they said they were running out and couldn't find anything. We all gotta help each other out as much as we can right now, even little things like that can make someones day. I gotta go to work every day, so grabbing something like that is no problem, but keeping someone from making a trip out they don't have to make helps.

Off topic, but what are you getting inspected after a year? Something building related?

EVG
Dec 17, 2005

If I Saw It, Here's How It Happened.
I just got my chest freezer and want to stock up on: good Costco meat. When’s the best time to find things stocked? Sunday sounds scary. Maybe Monday morning?

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Washout posted:

Those red packaged spiral cut hams are amazing and insane cheap, the only problem is that it's too much meat and I'm not prepared.

An amazing deal, and so easy, but only for gatherings.

Although I once hosted a birthday party where we ate an entire one, down to the stub. Hungry crowd.

poverty goat posted:

From 1986:

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

EVG posted:

I just got my chest freezer and want to stock up on: good Costco meat. When’s the best time to find things stocked? Sunday sounds scary. Maybe Monday morning?

Whatever they have. It’s still hit and miss in my area.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

SirPablo posted:

Costco is a full $0.50 cheaper than every place else around here. Probably because they are selling gas they've bought cheaper while other stations with slower Dale's are still selling more expensive gas they bought weeks ago.

I just checked, my Costco gas is only about 5 cents less than the local 76 station. Probably cheaper to get gas from the grocery store when I have rewards saved up :/

FCKGW fucked around with this message at 07:25 on Apr 5, 2020

fischtick
Jul 9, 2001

CORGO, THE DESTROYER

Fun Shoe

Washout posted:

I don't know how they're priced, but the smaller "carvery" hams are just about perfect. They warm up fast without drying out. Carving is a breeze on account they lay flat and don't have a bone. Feeds a hungry 4 for dinner, with maybe 2 days worth of ham sammiches and some diced ham in your eggs.

Oh, and they taste great. Sometimes I make a brown sugar and mustard glaze, but you really don't need one.

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee

FilthyImp posted:

Costco does really well with bulk roast cuts. And I've been really happy with the price of their pork shoulder.

Made some of this pork shoulder for dinner today. Overnight sous vide with a dry rub and finished in the oven. Tastes great, low effort, and cheap.

RJWaters2
Dec 16, 2011

It was not not not so great

fischtick posted:

I don't know how they're priced, but the smaller "carvery" hams are just about perfect. They warm up fast without drying out. Carving is a breeze on account they lay flat and don't have a bone. Feeds a hungry 4 for dinner, with maybe 2 days worth of ham sammiches and some diced ham in your eggs.

Oh, and they taste great. Sometimes I make a brown sugar and mustard glaze, but you really don't need one.

Agree with Master Carve Ham and I'm not usually a ham guy.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

EVG posted:

Whole pig and whole lamb from Costco Business Center.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

poverty goat posted:

This is a thing that can be done (or, at least used to be).

I remember about a decade ago when gas was around $3 per gallon. Peeps had bought.... gasoline futures? when gas was still $1.50. They buy like 5000 gallons at $1.50, but they can use it some time later. They were on the news getting their $1.50/gallon gas when the rest of us were paying $3.50.

I don't remember the actual name of this. "Futures" may not be correct.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
There's always an It's Always Sunny pic.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes

GORDON posted:

This is a thing that can be done (or, at least used to be).

I remember about a decade ago when gas was around $3 per gallon. Peeps had bought.... gasoline futures? when gas was still $1.50. They buy like 5000 gallons at $1.50, but they can use it some time later. They were on the news getting their $1.50/gallon gas when the rest of us were paying $3.50.

I don't remember the actual name of this. "Futures" may not be correct.

Commodity Futures is a thing, but it's generally more complex than that and not typically done for gasoline, but for crude oil by institutional buyers.

It is used by regular people for heating oil though, since you know how much oil you need to heat your home, you can commit to buying it in the summer when prices are low with a delivery date during the winter when you need it.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Bucnasti posted:

Commodity Futures is a thing, but it's generally more complex than that and not typically done for gasoline, but for crude oil by institutional buyers.

It is used by regular people for heating oil though, since you know how much oil you need to heat your home, you can commit to buying it in the summer when prices are low with a delivery date during the winter when you need it.

It may have been a single local company doing it, but I definitely saw it on TV news. People were picking up their gas they purchased years before at lower prices.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

GORDON posted:

It may have been a single local company doing it, but I definitely saw it on TV news. People were picking up their gas they purchased years before at lower prices.

I remember this too, does this look right?

https://www.firstfuelbank.com

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

Are all the Costco locations out of Kirkland diapers? Or just my local Costco? The online site shows sold out as well. We have enough for another couple of weeks, but when the entire diaper section is cleaned out, it is a little worrying.

Alarbus
Mar 31, 2010

Orvin posted:

Are all the Costco locations out of Kirkland diapers? Or just my local Costco? The online site shows sold out as well. We have enough for another couple of weeks, but when the entire diaper section is cleaned out, it is a little worrying.

Diaper section at mine outside Philly was full 3 days ago.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

Not costco related but grocery store adjacent and I have to vent.

I want to slap someone at my local grocery store. I was there a few days ago and the TP was totally out. OK, fine, whatever, I found a few at the Aldi just down the street. No worries.

But I noticed a suspicious number of people walking around with packages of napkins. Well, people are idiots. It's not good for the sewers to wipe and flush with those but, again, idiots.

Then I got to the TP aisle and noticed that right in front of the empty TP shelves they'd put four loving pallets of napkins. It's not like there was a sign or anything telling people to wipe with those, but I've never seen so many napkins out at once and I've certainly never seen them parked right in front of the TP shelves.

loving city sewer should send them the bill for the inevitable repairs.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Orvin posted:

Plenty of diapers at mine but still no baby wipes. I think a bunch of dumb people think that they're disinfecting or sanitary.

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

FogHelmut posted:

Plenty of diapers at mine but still no baby wipes. I think a bunch of dumb people think that they're disinfecting or sanitary.

Worse, they’re using them in place of toilet paper and flushing them.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Can I flush diapers?

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

SirPablo posted:

Can I flush diapers?

Ya Once.

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

a sexual elk posted:

SirPablo posted:

Can I flush diapers?

Ya Once.

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5qtxeu?start=155
(Dailymotion because I can't find a better quality clip of this on youtube)

BeastOfExmoor
Aug 19, 2003

I will be gone, but not forever.
Went to Costco (Everett, WA) this morning. They were out of some of the usual stuff, but did have paper towels. Produce was in overabundance, to the point where they're starting to mark down some stuff like Apples. The vast majority of people were shopping alone and with masks and nobody even talks to each other.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hoshi
Jan 20, 2013

:wrongcity:

GORDON posted:

I think the term you're looking for is a forward, where you agree to buy/sell a good at a certain price at a certain time.