Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Applied to goon squad as fastestgun, 1072032626

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

MarcusSA posted:

So these do 2 or more chain attacks requirement quests are dumb AF.

Is there one character who will do it on their own? I’ve seen the AI mobs do it to me so there has to be someone I can throw out there that can do it back.

All it takes is hitting the same target with the same element/type of attack before the target takes its next turn. Two sword slashes, two fire spells, a single Pummel from a Monk (it hits twice, counting as a chain on its own), etc.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Schubalts posted:

All it takes is hitting the same target with the same element/type of attack before the target takes its next turn. Two sword slashes, two fire spells, a single Pummel from a Monk (it hits twice, counting as a chain on its own), etc.

Two hits is only 1 chain. Gotta hit them again.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!

Schubalts posted:

You need to hit 3 times. So pummel + something else would work. If you have Macherie her limit break also hits twice, so just bring another light element unit. Also, chains count even if you hit your own people. I just use Macherie’s limit break on my own guys followed by Robb’s ranged attack.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Or just skip them until you can complete them all with Shadowlynx.

Hi
Oct 10, 2003

:wrong: :coffeepal:
Game seems fun

I managed to get that top tier (according to OP) UR tank and Gilgamesh so I guess Im set and no need to reroll..

For now Im just kinda facerolling my way thru story.

Is there anything I should try and get asap ? I see theres a lot of limited time stuff that ends in a couple days

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Hi posted:

Game seems fun

I managed to get that top tier (according to OP) UR tank and Gilgamesh so I guess Im set and no need to reroll..

For now Im just kinda facerolling my way thru story.

Is there anything I should try and get asap ? I see theres a lot of limited time stuff that ends in a couple days

You should be able to finish Y’Sh before the event ends. I’d definitely work on getting as much of her as you can.

Hi
Oct 10, 2003

I literally downloaded this morning before work and have played maybe 30 minutes so far so break it down for me, what exactly is Y'shtola exclusive and going away in a few days?

Just her little character tokens right? I bought the 5x pack and all three of the 40x packs with coins from the market... is there more I should do?

Cause I am def an avid Y'shtola fan and would like to have a max one

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Hi posted:

I literally downloaded this morning before work and have played maybe 30 minutes so far so break it down for me, what exactly is Y'shtola exclusive and going away in a few days?

Just her little character tokens right? I bought the 5x pack and all three of the 40x packs with coins from the market... is there more I should do?

Do the FF14 stuff and you'll get more tokens of hers. grab the FF14 tickets in the mog shop and such.

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015

Hi posted:

You use character shards to "limit break" characters and increase their level cap, up to 5 times per character. The cost starts at 20 shards and goes up each time. I think you need 500 total Y'shtola shards to be able to fully limit break her.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
I’ve never played a gacha or a Japanese mobile game before. Is it common for them all to be so inefficiently designed? Specifically having a separate pop up for each log in bonus, each with its own animation. Yes I want to click four different times and then go actually claim them in a separate menu, also complete with an animation. Or not being able to level up/customize characters in the formation menu, only in the character menu.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

FastestGunAlive posted:

I’ve never played a gacha or a Japanese mobile game before. Is it common for them all to be so inefficiently designed? Specifically having a separate pop up for each log in bonus, each with its own animation. Yes I want to click four different times and then go actually claim them in a separate menu, also complete with an animation. Or not being able to level up/customize characters in the formation menu, only in the character menu.

This one is the worst I’ve played in a long time for that.

Mugaaz
Mar 1, 2008

WHY IS THERE ALWAYS SOME JUSTICE WARRIOR ON EVERY FORUM
:qq::qq::qq:

MarcusSA posted:

It really is bad lol.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!

MarcusSA posted:

Saw you in the 7DS thread but this is also a huge complaint of mine. 7DS doesn’t have this issue right?

For something related to this game I applied for goon squad as player 3355219468. Hope the first guild opens up soon though cause it seems to be a chore to rank up these statues.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

FastestGunAlive posted:

I don’t know why they did this, but you can force touch the character icon in the formation window to bring up that unit’s enhance/awakening/ability panels. Then when you hit the back button you get dropped back to the formation window. This saves you like 20 different loading screens.

Why is it force touch/long press? I have no idea.

Where does it say this in the game? It either doesn’t or it’s hidden below 100 menu options.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Boris Galerkin posted:

Saw you in the 7DS thread but this is also a huge complaint of mine. 7DS doesn’t have this issue right?

For something related to this game I applied for goon squad as player 3355219468. Hope the first guild opens up soon though cause it seems to be a chore to rank up these statues.

Yeah 7DS isn't nearly as busy. It does have some minor issues but for the most part everything makes sense. They fixed a few things with the last patch so things are a lot easier to get to now.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Boris Galerkin posted:

I don’t know why they did this, but you can force touch the character icon in the formation window to bring up that unit’s enhance/awakening/ability panels. Then when you hit the back button you get dropped back to the formation window. This saves you like 20 different loading screens.

Why is it force touch/long press? I have no idea.

Where does it say this in the game? It either doesn’t or it’s hidden below 100 menu options.

It’s a long press because a regular press is to change the character out.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

jabro posted:

It’s a long press because a regular press is to change the character out.

They could just put another button on the screen.

thuly
Jun 19, 2005

Transcending history, and the world, a tale of MS Paint and animes, endlessly retold.

Boris Galerkin posted:

A 2nd pass on the menu UI for the entire game would do wonders. Only 98.99!

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Boris Galerkin posted:

If they are going to add another button it better be a home button.

thuly
Jun 19, 2005

Transcending history, and the world, a tale of MS Paint and animes, endlessly retold.

jabro posted:

If they are going to add another button it better be a home button.

If you click the menu button in the top right a home button appears in the top left. It's tiny and dark red.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

thuly posted:

If you click the menu button in the top right a home button appears in the top left. It's tiny and dark red.

Holy crap, thanks for this. It's still one more press than needed but I'll take it. Thanks again!

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

thuly posted:

Charge him, charge him

notanewfag
May 13, 2008
When I created the Goon Squad guild there was no other guilds with this name. Now there are 3 Goon Squads. My guild is lead by Tyrista. We are going with the Blue banner.

Hi
Oct 10, 2003

I applied to guild as Xire

edit: what guild is everyone actually in? I couldnt find any of the suggested names in the first page of the thread so I applied to Goon Squad

Hi fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Apr 6, 2020

notanewfag
May 13, 2008

Hi posted:

I applied to guild as Xire

edit: what guild is everyone actually in? I couldnt find any of the suggested names in the first page of the thread so I applied to Goon Squad

Warofthevisa is full and queued up. Goon Squad is open and accepting.

Hi
Oct 10, 2003

I guess it didnt show in search cause its full

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

And make sure you join the right Goon Squad. See the posts above.

FYI here’s what you should do everyday re: guild:

- Donate to statues 3 times. Would be better if we all pooled into the same one probably.

- Put your physical damage dealers and tanks in the barracks and replenish supplies when you log in and when you stop playing. You can still use them while they are there so you won’t lose access to them. From what I’ve read you don’t want magic based units in there because you don’t want them to lose Faith but for physical units Bravery is better. The people in your barracks will gain a massive amount of JP. On my screen it says 63/hour and I have enough provisions to last 4 hours for 2 people. I just buy the 10,000 gold food.

- Send Gifts ffs. It costs you nothing and we need it for statues and such. On a related note, send gifts to friends too. It costs you nothing so there’s no reason not to.

- Every so often go to Gifts -> Gift Settings to see if there’s a limited time option. Normally you will receive 1 medal from people, but right now for example there’s an option to receive 3 medals instead. Set it to that. (And Just to hammer the point across, it costs you nothing! It doesn’t deduct 3 medals from you when you send them to people. They just appear out of thin air.) I don’t think it’s worth it to choose the Hard Candy option because food is just so cheap. The buns give you 3000 supplies for 10k.

Hi
Oct 10, 2003

So what is the difference between Awakening and Limit Breaking?

Both seem to raise max level... but limit break also raises job level?

Awaken also unlocks the other jobs, but what does that do? I dont see it changing the abilities board at all?

Hi fucked around with this message at 13:24 on Apr 7, 2020

notanewfag
May 13, 2008
From the OP
Awakenings

Up there in the middle there's an option for "Awakenings". Awakenings allow you to increase a single character's star limit which in turn allows you to raise the level cap for that unit. Awakenings also unlock a character's second job at the second star level, and their 3rd job at the 4th star level.

Awakenings require specific prisms based on the element of the character. So a fire character needs fire prisms, fragments of thoughts, etc. A water character needs water items instead. There are rainbow items that will fill in but you'll want to save those for special characters you really need to get levelled up as they're incredibly valuable.

Limit breaks

Limit breaks *also* allow you to raise the level cap of a unit. They also increase the maximum job level for a character. They ALSO allow you to unlock a character's second and third equipment slots. These are tied to the typical character shard system where you need 20 shards, then 40 shards, then 80 etc.

These are equally important and will be yet another roadblock in building an effective character.

Limit Break Unlock
1st Max Level+5, Max JobLv+3
2nd Max Level+5, 2nd Equipment Slot
3rd Max Level+5, Max JobLv+3
4th Max Level+10, 3rd Equipment Slot
5th Max Level+10, Max JobLv+3

Hi
Oct 10, 2003

So you need both its not a one or the other deal I take it.

Can anyone toss me some friend invites? 1439499198

overseer07
Mar 30, 2003
Pillbug
Yeah, you need both to eventually max out your character. Awakenings allow you to open the other jobs. Some skills on the skill board require a certain job level, some require a certain level of awakenings.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I felt a stupid itch to roll the gacha. Rolled 10 blues. The last one broke into Mediena, now that's the FFBE bullshit I remember.

I'm currently in a pubby guild but about to leave it, gonna hit up Goon Squad assuming WotVisa is full and handling a waiting line.
My URs are Englebert, Xiza, and Mediena. I got a level 50 Y'shtola and Mont's almost there too(47 at the moment). Also building a Rairyuu. Kinda neglecting Wind/Thunder/Water element units right now though.

Friend code is 2736397983.

Can someone say what to do with equipment at the current stage of the game? Just level it to 10 and forget about it? This whole equipment crafting event has a good gun I've put to use on Rairyuu.

Also really big thank you to mentioning the Vow of Love vision card. I did not understand that "+5 Hate" would make so many more enemies actually attack Englebert instead of my squishier units.

HGH fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Apr 8, 2020

Arto Gand
Apr 7, 2009
I applied as Arto to Goon Squad.
Also my friend code is 1567229840

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business

HGH posted:

Can someone say what to do with equipment at the current stage of the game? Just level it to 10 and forget about it? This whole equipment crafting event has a good gun I've put to use on Rairyuu.

The general consensus is to grab "N rarity" gear from the shop for gold, since it starts out with level 30 cap and requires no awakening materials. Once you have a bunch of level 30 N gear for every slot you need, it will be good enough for you to use while you start saving and crafting +5 gear, which is actually a longer term project than getting a UR unit to 99, considering the resources involved as well as a hefty amount of RNG.

Of course you CAN put together some decent +2s right now and get them to 20 to progressively make +5 gear, but depending on the BIS item even that may take a while for someone starting out since you will need to farm and most people have too much to farm as it is in the beginning. Also, I believe gear contribution to stats, compared to levels, jobs, skills, and the like is relatively small, so it's not something people prioritize until later.

There are streamers and jp players outright telling people NOT to bother with +5 gear at all, due to their experiences with the system, so there's also that. There's minutae to back this up, like lack of datamining for which items are best at level 50, so youre really gambling even if you commit. The thing about gear in this game, all that matters is getting the item to MAX level, rather than relative level. So for example a max level 1, 1/1 item that cannot be leveled will give 100% of it's stats right away, making it better than a level 50 (you see max level 1 on TMRs which are premium items with their own slot,) which requires 5 awakenings, since there is so little investment. The UR item you get for free it max level 30, the max level 50 and 5 awakenings on MR/R items is actually a downside and does not necessarily guarantee better stats, since it just takes longer and costs more (NRG from grinding and books from arena.)

edit: I did want to add that there is a specific short list of items that you should build, like the Healing Staff and Faerie Ring, but again, don't go crazy trying to craft them into +5 because the costs are ludicrous.

Dr. Video Games 0112 fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Apr 8, 2020

Mugaaz
Mar 1, 2008

WHY IS THERE ALWAYS SOME JUSTICE WARRIOR ON EVERY FORUM
:qq::qq::qq:
Just use max level N gear at this stage of the game. No matter where you are in your progression, there is literally no one in global whose best use of NRG is farming ore and books. When literally everyone on your team is capped or almost capped on job level, and you have max level N gear in every slot, then consider it.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Not to mention crafting gear on global lacks the QoL changes that allow you to have customization when awakening your equipment.

notanewfag
May 13, 2008
With the team Affinity bonus it would be good to focus on one team and build them up when the opportunity opens up. The next update will X2 drops from the Story quests. X2 drop rates on Awakening Material change throughout the week. If you are F2P you can expect to "enjoy the journey" to is not about the destination.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Thank you for all the advice on gear, I was thinking about it way too much since gear was so important in FFBE.

Also I just spent 5000 Visiore on Ice Fragments cause I wasn't paying attention and I wanna die :)
Granted I have a Mediena so it's not a total waste but goddamnit. Always remember to filter new shops to Gil first.

EDIT: Is the drop rate of Job Memories from Story nodes really bad? How worth is it to use Energy and Skip tickets to try and farm them during this 2x event?

The devs made an announcement that implies future content releases are gonna slow down due to the Covid19 situation.

HGH fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Apr 8, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

HGH posted:

Always remember to filter new shops to Gil first.

You can do this? Are you ducking serious ugh.