Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should Wrestlemania have been postponed?
This poll is closed.
Yes. 44 28.76%
Yes. 109 71.24%
Total: 120 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Wrestlemania shouldn't have gone ahead.

It did anyway.

I watched it

It wasn't that bad.

Boneyard match and Firefly Funhouse ruled, everything else....meh. Rollins/Owens was good, The triple threat ladder match was decent and I didn't hate Ripley/Flair other than Flair winning (because of course Charlotte loving Flair won.)

Everything else felt like a TV match, and the less said about Edge/Orton the better, although it was quite funny to hear Orton's cries of pain, he sounded like a toddler who's fallen over and scraped their knee.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Dell_Zincht posted:

Wrestlemania shouldn't have gone ahead.

It did anyway.

I watched it

It wasn't that bad.

Boneyard match and Firefly Funhouse ruled, everything else....meh. Rollins/Owens was good, The triple threat ladder match was decent and I didn't hate Ripley/Flair other than Flair winning (because of course Charlotte loving Flair won.)

I agree with all of this exactly.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

If Ripley had won it would have been a good match imo

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
I thought it was really fuckin dumb that Lashley no sold Black's finisher immediately after the three count, guess Vince isn't as big into Black as Heyman is.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Incessant Excess posted:

I thought it was really fuckin dumb that Lashley no sold Black's finisher immediately after the three count, guess Vince isn't as big into Black as Heyman is.

I mean, Lashley had the match cleanly and fairly easily won and only lost because Lana yelled at him, so.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

thepokey posted:

As much as moments in the Funhouse and Bone Zone match made me laugh, I think the biggest laugh I got just because it was unexpected was when Bayley and Sasha almost get pinned and roll out of the ring. Cole yells "Bayley and Sasha almost got pinned at that same time!" to which Bayley just yells back at Cole "No we didn't!!"

It made me realise up to that point, so many of these matches would have had the wrestlers hearing commentary the whole way through, that must have been strange.

I thought this as well when they showed a replay where you could hear Cole screaming his commentary in the background.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

OFFICER LIGER posted:

i worked way too long on this

The best

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

OFFICER LIGER posted:

i worked way too long on this

aaaamazing

Also I have the urge to watch Raw tonight given the Raw-after-Wrestlemania instinct but literally nothing's gonna happen, huh

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Braun is gonna drop the title to Gronk

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

CarlCX posted:

Also I have the urge to watch Raw tonight given the Raw-after-Wrestlemania instinct but literally nothing's gonna happen, huh

That was my saddest realization wrestling-wise. Nobody being forced to say poo poo like "they cheer who they normally boo, and boo who they normally cheer!"

Wendell
May 11, 2003

I am half way through the first episode of The Big Show Show and Big Show’s surprisingly decent acting is the only even slightly good thing in it.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Blaise330 posted:

How tf you gonna convince Goldberg he isn't the greatest wrestler in existence and that he didn't earn every opportunity he got? Dude is such a mark for himself that he actually took Gillberg seriously. He's so immune to funhouse stuff.

drat I pictured a Jeff Hardy funhouse and just got depressed. That doesn't even sound remotely fun.

Matt Hardy would have been fun, because as it went on, it would start referencing stuff that never happened.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
In a bubble, this wrestlemania was the end of Goldberg, Lesner, and John Cena (But Undertaker still beat Cena)

If Undertaker only does Boneyard matches from now on I'm 200% on board with that, and if Wyatt does FIrefly Funhouse matches semi regularly, I'm down with that too. I'm just afraid that they're going to tunnel into those two things and make them overstay their welcome or Vince gets too involved and makes them bad.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
I think the best way WWE could be trusted to get firefly funhouse matches right would be to have one every three years or so.

Instead I'm expecting one for summerslam. We'll see.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

reignofevil posted:

I think the best way WWE could be trusted to get firefly funhouse matches right would be to have one every three years or so.

Instead I'm expecting one for summerslam. We'll see.

Get ready for an annual PPV where the gimmick is all cinematic matches

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
If everytime WWE does a good thing you think "How will they gently caress this up/run it into the ground?" you'll be miserable.

You won't be incorrect necessarily but you'll be miserable.

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:

Dango Bango posted:

I thought this as well when they showed a replay where you could hear Cole screaming his commentary in the background.

hahah yes both those "spots" loving owned.

I still think I prefer the Bone Zone to the Cena Zone; which is odd because I loving loathe The Undertaker, and love me some Cena. Both were absolutely amazing, it's hard to pick which one was better. (whoever makes the RAW thread, make a poll with which was better, so we get can the proper goonpinion)

When the bone zone first started, I was dreading the long rear end intro thinking it was Undertaker's usual 30min walk to the ring, and when AJ popped out of the coffin, I was totally loving floored and totally on board for the rest of the ride.

I think Cena Zone will age better/be remembered better, but in that moment of first airing, The Bone Zone was like nothing we've ever seen before.

Hirez fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Apr 6, 2020

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Re: other possible Funhouse matches, AJ would be a cool choice, but that would require acknowledging other companies. I could imagine a really neat one for Sting (no bumps required!). I actually think one for Roman exploring how everyone hates him no matter what he does or says and the only time people are happy with him is when he fails or is humiliated could be cool. I feel like one for Rollins could work but that one would be a lot harder because it would involve a lot more real life stuff and acknowledging that the company that hes loved and humiliated himself defending time and again is what failed him and sabotaged him. Undertaker could certainly work. OH, Kevin Owens I bet could have an amazing funhouse match to reconcile the greedy selfish Prize Fighter and the compassionate Family Man.

I actually think there are a lot of theoretically good Funhouse Match candidates in WWE really.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Blaise330 posted:

If everytime WWE does a good thing you think "How will they gently caress this up/run it into the ground?" you'll be miserable.

You won't be incorrect necessarily but you'll be miserable.

Good thing my happiness doesn’t depend on WWE being good and I find all of their fuckups to be funny

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Hirez posted:

The Bone Zone was like nothing we've ever seen before.

Uh... they did do an Ultimate Deletion. Which was good, aside from them airing a 20 minute video in the middle of Raw to a live crowd

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
really funny that Vince has been telling fans for years that they want movies instead of wrestling and now he's getting validation for it

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

JUNGLE BOY posted:

I would LOVE that tbh

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

JUNGLE BOY posted:

god I wish!

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:

Astro7x posted:

Uh... they did do an Ultimate Deletion. Which was good, aside from them airing a 20 minute video in the middle of Raw to a live crowd

ah, I wasn't around during that time, and not really a Matt Hardy fan; is it worth going back and watching?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Hirez posted:

ah, I wasn't around during that time, and not really a Matt Hardy fan; is it worth going back and watching?

I mean it's only 20 mins

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Get ready for an annual PPV Fox Special where the gimmick is all cinematic matches

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Good Firefly Funhouse matches:
AJ Styles, escaping from literal death
Seth Rollins, exposing his fragile ego in thinking he's the best
Triple H, exposing his fragile ego and thinking he's the best for business
Kofi Kingston, rehabbing his career and giving him one final push into retirement
Roman Reigns, overcoming his faults as the top guy despite Vince and Triple H's insistence on him being the top

Good Boneyard matches:
BRAUN constantly smashing through buildings after Undertaker thinks he's won screaming I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU YET like Mr X/Nemesis
Sting, in just a giant meta mindfuck of a match where Undertaker finally buries him in the dream match we always wanted
Brock Lesner, showing that Brock isn't the immortal beast he always thought he was throughout his career and is finally starting to show his age
Dexter Lumis, I know this guy sucks but put someone over I guess
Aliester Black putting up the best pure fight against Undertaker he's had his career

That's five matches each in that setting that can be done over the next 3-5 years and be the bookend for people's careers or put someone over. As long as they're done as well as what we saw over the weekend and done less frequently, they can be used as massive tools to put new people over

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

I just want to say that I totally bought the boneyard match = Punjab prison match with bones instead of bamboo.

I am so glad that I was wrong.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

If WWE was only cinematic matches it'd actually be worth watching

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I would LOVE that tbh

You will eat your words after Corbin, Ziggler, and Charlotte all get their own versions of the match that get creatively filtered through Vince and start getting commentary added in.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Get ready for the Lacey Evans Sweet Tea Brewing Challenge Match. I love these kinds of weird and unique matches Maggle!

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
I'm gonna close my eyes and lay down in bed, then open them, get up, and pretend my day just started just so I can pretend my day didn't involve reading someone saying to put Dexter Lumis in a boneyard match. I thought me suggesting Hogan and Stephanie for firefly matches was bad.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Isn't Dexter Lumis the "dive out of the ring onto your hands and then punch a man" guy? Who is that.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

projecthalaxy posted:

Isn't Dexter Lumis the "dive out of the ring onto your hands and then punch a man" guy? Who is that.

Yes

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

projecthalaxy posted:

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Yeah lets give this guy 30 minutes on ppv sure why not

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
If I was a new wrestler and a promoter told me to do a serial killer gimmick in a PG environment I'd just say "Can I do the Alex Wright dance instead?"

It'd boost my chances of getting over from 1% to 10ish

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I couldn't think of anyone else spoopy to put in the match besides the literal serial killer gimmick that Undertaker would just squash

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Blaise330 posted:

If I was a new wrestler and a promoter told me to do a serial killer gimmick in a PG environment I'd just say "Can I do the Alex Wright dance instead?"

It'd boost my chances of getting over from 1% to 10ish

His dream is be TV Serial Killer Dexter, he's done it every where he's been.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

It'd be great if we finally got Sting vs. Taker, even years and years too late so long as it was in the Bone Zone