Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Gamerofthegame posted:

I keep saying to drop the mechanic stuff!!!

it's a night action chief

Immediately only talks about mechanics

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Dragonatrix posted:

At this point, everyone's claimed what they did except Infi. I went back through to see if I could make sense of everything. Who knows, could be useful. Putting this in alphabetical order (by player name) for convenience;

• Amni - rolecopped AA;
  • AA - actioned Hum and got a 66 result on Steak?;
  • bonus - actioned flerp and got a 404;
  • Bif - rolecopped Amni - results corroborated by YPM;
  • Dragon - rolecopped Bif - results corroborated by Solus;
  • ETR - rolecopped flerp;
  • flerp - actioned Gotg - failed due to no night action;
  • Gotg - rolecopped Infi;
  • Infi - currently unclaimed;
  • Hum - rolecopped Steak;
  • Steak - rolecopped Sandwolf - failed due to being blocked;
  • Sandwolf - actioned YPM - failed due to no night action;
  • Solus - rolecopped Bif - results corroborated by Dragon;
  • siv - actioned YPM;
  • YPM - rolecopped Amni - results corroborated by Bif

I'm admittedly least clear on AA's results, since he claimed the 66 result first, then asked Steak if anything happened to him, then claimed to have targeted Hum which made it harder to follow than it probably needed to be.

This feels like scum trying to be helpful by just reposting what other people have already said. Collating. I get the same feeling from SiV.

ETR/Dragon/SiV/??? scum team? It would explain taking out Dancer imo, they all seem like players that would act in the interest of the game

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Also are we sure we don’t want to freekill Solus?

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Why did the scum team kill Dancer and not Solus? Dancer is the one with the meta case against them

I know, WIFOM or whatever

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Bifauxnen posted:

I finally signed up for that Naked Wines poo poo after getting those vouchers all the time

Oh no Bif don’t ever sign up for mail order wine programs even us dumb dumb Americans know that!!!

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
##vote etr would also vote dragonatrix for reasons Humalong just described.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

b-minus1 posted:

##vote etr would also vote dragonatrix for reasons Humalong just described.

Binus can you give me a gut check read list of Steak, Solus, and AA?

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Gamerofthegame posted:

for the record, I copped you and you do not have a dayvig

I shouldn't tell you what you have either, tho.

Can you elaborate on this in any way? Is it pro-town or alignment neutral? Should it be used on people Inf reads as town or as scum?

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

Mr. Humalong posted:

Why did the scum team kill Dancer and not Solus? Dancer is the one with the meta case against them

I know, WIFOM or whatever

why would scum kill the person who didn't post at all, actually

why wouldn't they kill you/bif/ypm and just let the modkill happen

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Mr. Humalong posted:

Can you elaborate on this in any way? Is it pro-town or alignment neutral? Should it be used on people Inf reads as town or as scum?

doesn't matter, I guess scum

nominally it's actually a pretty trash ability

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Gamerofthegame posted:

why would scum kill the person who didn't post at all, actually

why wouldn't they kill you/bif/ypm and just let the modkill happen

Scum killing off town lurkers is not as powerful as killing off active town that are leading discussion, true, but it helps the game and it’s usually a safe target choice because who is going to watch/doc/bodyguard a lurker? And the flip gives town almost no info

Except here we had two lurkers and scum chose one. Why one over the other?

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

They probably didn’t kill me specifically because

A) I called it in thread and they’re not smooth-brained enough to take the bait
B) several people still read me as scummy including Bif meaning I present a great opportunity for them to let town kill off its own members the next day
C) they’re insanely frightened of my scum hunting abilities but also have fear boners about it and want to ride out that strange feeling of ecstasy
D) they all have secret mafia crushes on me and are too nervous to target me

Pick one or two

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
Steak is wrong and if you do a lumpenlist, you must put yourself on it or you get modkilled

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Mr. Humalong posted:

They probably didn’t kill me specifically because

A) I called it in thread and they’re not smooth-brained enough to take the bait
B) several people still read me as scummy including Bif meaning I present a great opportunity for them to let town kill off its own members the next day
C) they’re insanely frightened of my scum hunting abilities but also have fear boners about it and want to ride out that strange feeling of ecstasy
D) they all have secret mafia crushes on me and are too nervous to target me

Pick one or two

not to entirely argue against you but I find the whole "ha ha I called it if people NK'd me then they'd be watched/doctored/etc" doesn't work in a hidden role game

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Gamerofthegame posted:

not to entirely argue against you but I find the whole "ha ha I called it if people NK'd me then they'd be watched/doctored/etc" doesn't work in a hidden role game

That’s not what I meant.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Also AA did allegedly target me so if he had been watcher instead of whatever he is scum would have been caught out.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.

Mr. Humalong posted:

Also AA did allegedly target me so if he had been watcher instead of whatever he is scum would have been caught out.

AA did not target you.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

I actioned you instead.

Oh?

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Blegh sorry. I thought he targetted steak, my bad ><

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

I realize I'm tunneling, but

Mr. Humalong posted:

LumpenLists are awful.

ETR is probably scum for using his roleblock on the person with a tentatively good action.

Mr. Humalong posted:

This feels like scum trying to be helpful by just reposting what other people have already said. Collating. I get the same feeling from SiV.

ETR/Dragon/SiV/??? scum team? It would explain taking out Dancer imo, they all seem like players that would act in the interest of the game

Mr. Humalong posted:

I'm here and would be ok swapping to one of the 4 names people are listing (Dancer, ETR, Merk, Solus)

Mr. Humalong posted:

I guess it's a good thing I've said I'd be willing to vote AA, ETR, Toal, and Dragon in that order then

4 people isn't even half the number we need to lunch someone

other then AA, who you seemed to have quietly dropped (they're in reverse-ish order) the only people you're suspicious of are a bunch of lurkers, with your wish wash D1 being between toal and etr for whatever reason.

do you have opinions on anyone decidedly active, or are you going to coast by this entire game doing noncommittal cases on people not around to whitenoise to look like you're contributing while remaining above the post limit?

gang I think hum is scum okay!!

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
yeah im for an etr vote

the day 1 back and forth on etr votes makes me feel weird. his posting about my role is rly vague and weird esp because i have like no idea what my role can possibly do. other than that, his posting in general just shows him being self concisious and weird without wanting to find scum

i wont vote him tho since it'll put him to -2 and we still have a day left

i also find AA pretty scummy too and it was looking like solus was gonna do more and then just didnt??? but im not sure if that makes them scum. i also think bee minus is scummy too but i remember him being like that in every game

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
I’m fine with ETR.

Also, in case I get brutally murdered and before I forget, I got soon on Sandwolf for my day action

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

flerp posted:

yeah im for an etr vote

the day 1 back and forth on etr votes makes me feel weird. his posting about my role is rly vague and weird esp because i have like no idea what my role can possibly do. other than that, his posting in general just shows him being self concisious and weird without wanting to find scum

I know in my case if I outright tell Infi about their role it more or less removes it from the game after doing a onetime thing

your role might be the same

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

boy when I saw 70 posts - nope, just missed Australian drink time

I'm kind of uneasy how quickly this ETR lunch formed, especially since it seemed to happen yesterday too and I didn't like it then either. Both times it feels like it has sprouted from desperation. Someone even justified a vote on them based on meta, which just, they've played maybe 3-4 games.

These posts seem to indicate there is no case? This feels like an apathetic lunch so people can figure out more night action stuff.

Mr. Humalong posted:

LumpenLists are awful.

ETR is probably scum for using his roleblock on the person with a tentatively good action.

Mr. Steak posted:

last time etr posted about being drunk, he was scum.

youre too predictable ##vote etr

Amnistar posted:

ETR, who do you think is scum, and why is it me?

##vote ETR]

Every other vote on him is p. much "Yeah I'd vote there, sure"

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Id like flerp to describe how im scummy?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

SolusLunes posted:

having read day 1 I've found a posting pattern that I think is scummy:

"could be scum or could be town"

"this scummy thing is too dumb to be scum"

"this scummy vote on solus is too dumb to be scum"

"this scummy vote on dragon is too dumb to be scum"

sure is a lot of knowing what's dumb for scum

##vote gotg

Solus makes this post almost immediately on D2 after being absent all D1, and then after this post, totally drops the case, never pushes it or even reminds anyone of it.

Something about flerp is also irking me, the posting feels constantly like it's paying attention while also trying to play dumb, not so much feigned confusion like I'm being accused of, but more like they're talking very carefully.

flerp posted:

i actioned gamer and got a result of g back and idk what that means

flerp posted:

i guess to respond to cases, bif feels like classic bif

toal feels weird esp w/ the amni stuff that rly makes it seem less like they want to convince people and just want an opinion out there

AA does look weird, would like to see him and the other lurker crew (merk, dancer) post more. i dont remember merk being this bad of a lurker, dancer i do vaguely recall can do that tho

also where the gently caress is solus? vienna? even etr popping in w/ a nothing post. lots of people that are theyre to skip out on d1

flerp posted:

yeah im for an etr vote

i wont vote him tho since it'll put him to -2 and we still have a day left

i also find AA pretty scummy too and it was looking like solus was gonna do more and then just didnt??? but im not sure if that makes them scum. i also think bee minus is scummy too but i remember him being like that in every game

these just feel like the bare-minimum "present." The post above on why he wants to lunch ETR is kindof flimsy, there's a bundle of reasons he could be cagey about your role, especially since it's passive (probably).

I do tend to think scummily of flerp, I just feel like he's coasting here

I think Solus is scummier for vacating D1, starting D2 like they're ready to go and find scum, posts a flimsy case, totally backs off of it for the rest of the day to react to other things. I don't think he even buys his own case at all and just needed something to look good.

##vote Solus

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

if someone can give me a cognizant case on ETR though I'm all ears, just hard to watch the newbie get lunched in the first two days over and over again

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

My vote is to indicate that I think it is scummy that ETR used their roleblock on me with no previous casing on me

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Gamerofthegame posted:

I realize I'm tunneling, but

other then AA, who you seemed to have quietly dropped (they're in reverse-ish order) the only people you're suspicious of are a bunch of lurkers, with your wish wash D1 being between toal and etr for whatever reason.

do you have opinions on anyone decidedly active, or are you going to coast by this entire game doing noncommittal cases on people not around to whitenoise to look like you're contributing while remaining above the post limit?

gang I think hum is scum okay!!

Those last two quotes were when the entire game was discussing killing a lurker day 1...? I also said I think Bif is town, Binus is town, I still think AA is scummy, said I have no real read on Amni or YPM (and still don't, the night action stuff is null for me)

Like if you're going to tunnel do it right and don't pick and choose.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Amnistar posted:

My vote is to indicate that I think it is scummy that ETR used their roleblock on me with no previous casing on me

for fear of being accused of faking confusion, how do you know they knew what they were doing?

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

Sandwolf posted:

Something about flerp is also irking me, the posting feels constantly like it's paying attention while also trying to play dumb, not so much feigned confusion like I'm being accused of, but more like they're talking very carefully.

these just feel like the bare-minimum "present." The post above on why he wants to lunch ETR is kindof flimsy, there's a bundle of reasons he could be cagey about your role, especially since it's passive (probably).

not sure how im feigning confusion when im literally confused but ok

ive been trying to stay caught up as best as i can but a lot of this game has been rly over my head

it's less about ETR being cagey about my role but just the general "well he can probably guess his own role" like what no i cant i have no info. im passive but that can mean any number of things in this game. and tbh thats not rly the whole case, his d1 and d2 posting havent felt like disinterested town because he wants to be alive but not do anything which is like textbook lurker scum.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Id like flerp to describe how im scummy?

youve pulled names out of a hat to call people scum but havent actually done anything to try and find scum or give any reasoning

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Sandwolf posted:

for fear of being accused of faking confusion, how do you know they knew what they were doing?

In my case I quoted the bit where ETR was told.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Eat The Rich posted:

Yeesh I totally forgot I was playing.

If you're scum, please raise your hand

These "hey if ur scum u gotta tell me" posts are always pretty annoying to me but this one bugs me even more because he said it at the same time as telling us he forgot he was playing in this game less than 24 hours after his last post in this game.

Eat The Rich posted:

I wrote a big ol post about this yesterday and ended up deleting the whole thing when I realized that scum also have separate actions. I was gonna vote merk for not using his action. If it's the same then the only difference is that scum have to vote to use their rolecop.

Claims to have written a giant effort post but instead of posting it talks about scum mechanics from the previous game??? This post is weird, am I crazy for thinking this?

Eat The Rich posted:

The starter on my car died yesterday and I'm about to spend the rest of the day putting a new one in. I'm gonna drop a vote on the lurker and talk to y'all on day 2.

##vote Solus

just lol

Eat The Rich posted:

Technically still behind by one post

Oh wait

Gets called out for lurking to his 10 posts and comes back to say this

Eat The Rich posted:

Yay it was just a dead battery.

We should vote toal instead of replacing merk.

##vote Toal

Votes Toal without explaining why, really doesn't want merk to replace out for some reason

Eat The Rich posted:

Yeah. You're right. I initially thought they were pretty suspicious for posting that they were gonna analyze posts and then disappeared. Now that they've made more posts I'm not so sure about that read.

##unvote

Eight minutes later does a 180 on Toal

Eat The Rich posted:

Is there a case on toal aside from him being a jerk?

Comes back 13 minutes later looking for an excuse to vote Toal again

Throws a vote on merk eight minutes before deadline to try and stop the rapid push onto himself

Eat The Rich posted:

I would vote Toal to prevent a no-lunch as well

Suddenly has become ok with voting Toal after expressing hesitance to do so just an hour before!

It reads like a player unsure of their reads and hedging their bets. Is ETR new? yes

Is ETR incapable of taking firm stances on players? I don't think so.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
I want to lunch solus ##vote Solus

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

flerp posted:

not sure how im feigning confusion when im literally confused but ok

ive been trying to stay caught up as best as i can but a lot of this game has been rly over my head

it's less about ETR being cagey about my role but just the general "well he can probably guess his own role" like what no i cant i have no info. im passive but that can mean any number of things in this game. and tbh thats not rly the whole case, his d1 and d2 posting havent felt like disinterested town because he wants to be alive but not do anything which is like textbook lurker scum.

I mean, if you're sincere I won't pursue the confusion part because I legitimately am too and so I can obviously understand why.

I just don't see why him saying that about your role is scummy? The last sentence:

"his d1 and d2 posting havent felt like disinterested town because he wants to be alive but not do anything which is like textbook lurker scum."

this is actually somewhat convincing, I need to go back and check for that tone. I'd vote there for that.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Mr. Humalong posted:

It reads like a player unsure of their reads and hedging their bets. Is ETR new? yes

Is ETR incapable of taking firm stances on players? I don't think so.

See I find this less convincing, no offense. All the posts you quoted I agree are crap, but I don't find them alignment telling? Like you admit he's new, the votes on Toal seem like self-preservation which isn't exclusively scummy, but it's when it gets into flerp's point about ETR wanting to be alive, but not actually provide anything, I find that scummy.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Hum what do you think about Solus? Ignoring the WIFOM 'why didn't scum kill him' part which is probably fruitless.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
Also the further away I get from it the less I like Bif’s reaction to Sand’s explanation of Sand’s confusion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Sandwolf posted:

Hum what do you think about Solus? Ignoring the WIFOM 'why didn't scum kill him' part which is probably fruitless.

Not posting for almost 72 hours takes almost a concerted effort, imo. The excuse of "it was the weekend" doesn't really fly with me.