Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Goons Are Gifts)

SelenicMartian

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Oh, no, the spaceship has taken me to the lair of the The Florsheim Kawasaki Branch :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FluffieDuckie

oh there's more than one anime about alien frogs.

i meant this dude

but yours looks fun too

Zetsubou-san

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

Dash Rendar posted:

:five:

(this thread needs two more votes to get a rating--come on, goons!)

Dangerous Person

Not dead yet

biosterous posted:

hello adtrw! what is your favourite modern machine-aided boxing anime and why is it megalo box?

I like Megalo Box a lot

The Flying Twybil

So what? You can't prove I posted that.

Hello, Land of the Anime! Diplomat TFT from the Let's Play planet is here!

I have unpacked all my .Net paints and ready to work on documenting our time in this new culture- I hope you don't mind! I am familiar with these "animations" in the more interactive form from our home planet, yet I haven't seen much of this kind on the TV set. Looking forward to see what I've been missing out on!

Heather Papps posted:

>find goose statue

Dip Viscous posted:

You can't see any such thing.

Ah, no! It seems we have misplaced a precious goose statue in the midst of transfer!

Surely there must be one in this new land! Should we go look for it in not only a quest, but an anime quest?

Wark Say

by Fluffdaddy

FluffieDuckie posted:

i meant this dude

but yours looks fun too
Oh, Sgt. Frog! Yeah, gotchu. :3:

Zetsubou-san

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
the goose theme gives me an excuse to post this

take the moon

by sebmojo
i like lain

e: i <3 lain

e2: find the goose (who is loose)

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Agronox

Julias

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
>Gotta find a new goose

Julias

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
"Finally a worthy opponent!"

BlankSystemDaemon

owlhawk911

come chill with me, in byob

i'm a little nervous on this planet guys. watch out for tentacles

nine-gear crow

owlhawk911 posted:

i'm a little nervous on this planet guys. watch out for tentacles

Not all anime is gross and bad. I’ll have you know that this year Digimon is back, just like it was in 1999, only there’s a : in the title. There’s also an anime about about a raccoon girl who wants to be Michael Jordan with the power of synthwave.

What a time to be alive.

Wark Say

by Fluffdaddy

Julias posted:

>Gotta find a new goose
Can I offer you a duck in these trying times?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbeqjWBFtzo

Goons Are Gifts

The Flying Twybil posted:

Hello, Land of the Anime! Diplomat TFT from the Let's Play planet is here!

I have unpacked all my .Net paints and ready to work on documenting our time in this new culture- I hope you don't mind! I am familiar with these "animations" in the more interactive form from our home planet, yet I haven't seen much of this kind on the TV set. Looking forward to see what I've been missing out on!

Ah, no! It seems we have misplaced a precious goose statue in the midst of transfer!

Surely there must be one in this new land! Should we go look for it in not only a quest, but an anime quest?
I love these

Goons Are Gifts

Question for you experts, does my sig av (made by the amazing GSJG) count as manga??

biosterous

Julias posted:

There's also a somewhat new one on Netflix called Levius.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apV1Sy9L-s4

If you're craving something to tide you over until Megalobox 2 comes out you might enjoy this.

hell yeah hell yeah hell yeah! gonna watch this, gonna have a fun time!

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

BlankSystemDaemon

Goons Are Great posted:

Question for you experts, does my sig av (made by the amazing GSJG) count as manga??
There's all sorts of weird definitions for what count as anime/manga, so I don't think there's any sort of way to say that for sure it isn't, at least according to some.

I feel like there's something to be said for the idea that it's the intended audience that dictates if it's anime/manga, just like the intended audience dictates the broad genres that things fall into; ie. whether it's for women (josei), men (seinen), young women (shoujo), or young men (shounen) - although it's far from unusual for people of all different creeds to watch/read all sorts of things that fall nominally outside of their group; which is how it should be.
Applied to the art-forms as a whole, this means - to me at least - that it is a question of the target audience being Japanese that dictates whether or not it is anime/manga, although I certainly recognize that that's not something everyone will agree with.

Also, if anyone wants a suggestion for something to watch, may I suggest either REDLINE or Saint Young Men?
The first is a really awesomely animated movie that was released on the internet and subsequently on bluray about a cannon-ball like illegal race that takes place in the far future, and the second is a straight-to-DVD two-part movie (and a follow-up movie, a year later) about Jesus and Buddha taking a leap-year away from their duties and just living their best day-to-day lives in Japan.

The Flying Twybil

Update 4: In the Land of the Kawaii

take the moon posted:

e2: find the goose (who is loose)

Julias posted:

>Gotta find a new goose

But since you're in new lands, it might help to make a change of style first. Hopefully you fit in!

Personally, you think it turned out pretty well! Shucks, it sure is great being able grow your hair that fast.

Let's go find us a goose!

...But, uh, where to? There's a pretty large field in front of you, but there's also a path behind you. You could also just go wandering in some random direction. Who knows what you'll find?

Well, at least the cherry blossoms are pretty this time of year.

I'll be trying to update about once or twice a day! That is, next .net Paint update will be out tomorrow.

The Flying Twybil fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Apr 10, 2020

Everything Burrito

I Failed At Anime 2022

BlankSystemDaemon

DESU

owlhawk911

come chill with me, in byob

hell yeah

FluffieDuckie

Update 4: In the Land of the Kawaii

But since you're in new lands, it might help to make a change of style first. Hopefully you fit in!

Personally, you think it turned out pretty well! Shucks, it sure is great being able grow your hair that fast.

Let's go find us a goose!

...But, uh, where to? There's a pretty large field in front of you, but there's also a path behind you. You could also just go wandering in some random direction. Who knows what you'll find?

Well, at least the cherry blossoms are pretty this time of year.

I'll be trying to update about once or twice a day! That is, next .net Paint update will be out tomorrow.

you're a treasure :love:

Julias

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

...But, uh, where to? There's a pretty large field in front of you, but there's also a path behind you. You could also just go wandering in some random direction.

>climb up a sakura tree

Maybe you'll find a

Captain Invictus

Try reading some manga!

FluffieDuckie posted:

Hello anime friends! I like the anime with the alien frogs.

FluffieDuckie posted:

i meant this dude

but yours looks fun too
I fell down a deep, dark sgt frog hole in mid-2008 during one of the worst times of my life and binged the entire manga, anime, movies, whatever that was available to stave off despair

it's an exceedingly silly series and once bandai really got their mitts into it basically turned into a gunpla advertisement, but it was still great fun a lot of the time.

the movies and show had some great music, too. my gift to you, fellow sgt frog fan

Arienai Kurai Kiseki - I love this song so much you don't even know, it's so dang happy and makes me happy and dance whenever it comes onto my playlist
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BYnov2-3NQ&hd=1

KERORO DANCING!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0a7A6xteH4&hd=1

JAM PROJECT sgt frog intro!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wwe_kltRBrg&hd=1

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Apr 10, 2020

Heather Papps

hello friend

(sing to the tune of saturday nights all right for fighting)
anime, anime, anime!
anime, anime, anime!
anime, anime,
anime
boards all right!

Huzzah!

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
https://twitter.com/Killer7Friday/status/1248717390822510592

The Flying Twybil

I love makin' em!

FluffieDuckie posted:

you're a treasure :love:
Aw, thanks!

I'll have the next update out sometime tomorrow, for now I gotta go finish the next update on my other LP.

Heather Papps posted:

(sing to the tune of saturday nights all right for fighting)
anime, anime, anime!
anime, anime, anime!
anime, anime,
anime
boards all right!

this is stuck in my head now, and it's great

Oh, and on the terms of music, I got a fun two I can throw to the thread. Way back when, MOTHER (the game that would later be localized as Earthbound Beginnings when it was released out of Japan) had this track on its soundtrack that was actual lyrics sung to the tune of the game's main theme. It's called Pollyanna, and it's a really happy song. About a year or two back, I found this amazingly charming jazz cover of it and it's only more uplifting : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OebZ5HwdPs

Here's the original version as well:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDpowHy2QPI

That's all I've got, aside from a few J-Pop songs that are the opening theme for a few games I have.

Captain Invictus

Try reading some manga!

I always liked the Flying Man song from that album.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jT50gxC-dU

sb hermit

*boards the ship*

I got reincarnated into this world so I guess I'll just stowaway back to my home planet

Goons Are Gifts

Technically the hammock cat is very anime

nine-gear crow

Goons Are Great posted:

Technically the hammock cat is very anime

I mean the BYOB spaceship itself is just a repainted Arcadia from Captain Harlock which is like turbo anime. So the anime was inside BYOB the whole time.

Goons Are Gifts

It's the anime we made along the way

nut

I watched a lot more anime when I was younger and I liked mushishi. In my older age I read more manga than watch anime but I liked monster and billy bat and 20th century boys and I tried to like Pluto but I got even more confused than the previous ones this has been my presentation thank you arigatou

nut

nut posted:

I watched a lot more anime when I was younger and I liked mushishi. In my older age I read more manga than watch anime but I liked monster and billy bat and 20th century boys and I tried to like Pluto but I got even more confused than the previous ones this has been my presentation thank you arigatou

Actually if u have any conspiracy oriented manga akin to billy bat/20thcb I would love to know

Julias

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

nut posted:

Actually if u have any conspiracy oriented manga akin to billy bat/20thcb I would love to know

ACCA 13 is fairly short, but it fits the bill. It also has a complete anime adaptation with an awesome OP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pITNm95Sd1k

Robot Made of Meat

el dorito posted:

*boards the ship*

I got reincarnated into this world so I guess I'll just stowaway back to my home planet

Yay el dorito! Welcome to our quest . . . IN SPAAAACE!

Maxwell Adams

T E E F S
There was a fan-made Earthbound album a while back called Bound Together, it's got some good stuff on it. Especially this track:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkjPahn_vMI

You gotta listen to the whole thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sally

Don't post Small Dash!
Hey ADTRW, is Reboot anime? I've always had this feeling that Reboot is actually anime.

It feels like an anime.