Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

atothesquiz
Aug 31, 2004
I'm making some thicc burgs tonight. Can't wait.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

His Divine Shadow posted:

That's a shitload of salt

It's really the correct amount to use, most people way under season stuff at home!!

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

I'm sick of waiting for company.

atothesquiz
Aug 31, 2004
5.5 ounce 80/20. S&P with low moisture mozz on a vienna roll, butterized and toastafied.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof
That is some very coarsely ground pepper.

Cheese melt and bun toast is loving pro tier tho.

atothesquiz
Aug 31, 2004
Most times I use fresh ground pep but today I used my beef ribs rub / almost 2 to 1 course ground to kosher salt mix.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

I want this in me, right now.

THE MACHO MAN
Nov 15, 2007

...Carey...

draw me like one of your French Canadian girls

His Divine Shadow posted:

That's a shitload of salt

maybe it is just me but I put a ton of s&p on my burgers. That is the last meal I care to pay attention to nutritional guidelines

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

THE MACHO MAN posted:

maybe it is just me but I put a ton of s&p on my burgers. That is the last meal I care to pay attention to nutritional guidelines

Pepper at least isn't a problem I think?

atothesquiz
Aug 31, 2004

THE MACHO MAN posted:

It's also a S&P mixture. So while there is a lot of salt going on there, it's not completely salt.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

That's why you throw lettuce and some tomato on it to make it healthy.

qutius
Apr 2, 2003
NO PARTIES
I made some pimento cheese burgers

Third pound, simple salt + pepper, toasted onion rolls, bomb rear end pimento cheese

qutius fucked around with this message at 06:29 on Mar 30, 2020

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

What this sausage party needs is a big dollop of ketchup! Too bad I didn't make any. :(

Aw yeah. Onion roll and pimento is a 10/10 move.

charliebravo77
Jun 11, 2003

Humble double cheeseburg of toasted brioche buns, Costco frozen sirloin patties, Kraft singles, dill pickles and homemade burg sauce.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

That is a delicious-looking burger!
What's in your home-made burgsauce?

Dr. Krieger
Apr 9, 2010

Back to basics: double smashed burg + bacon with homemade bun and Americanized cheddar cheese :patriot: next I think I need to try grinding my own beef and making some bacon because so far making things from scratch has been well worth it

charliebravo77
Jun 11, 2003

D. Ebdrup posted:

That is a delicious-looking burger!
What's in your home-made burgsauce?

Just 2 parts mayo, 1 part ketchup, 1 part yellow mustard, salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, paprika and either MSG powder or a splash of Worcester sauce.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

charliebravo77 posted:

Just 2 parts mayo, 1 part ketchup, 1 part yellow mustard, salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, paprika and either MSG powder or a splash of Worcester sauce.
That's some good burgsauce!

qutius
Apr 2, 2003
NO PARTIES

Hypnolobster posted:

Aw yeah. Onion roll and pimento is a 10/10 move.

They were good burgs!

charliebravo77 posted:

that sounds real nice, thanks for sharing the berg sauce

Dr. Krieger posted:

Back to basics: double smashed burg + bacon with homemade bun and Americanized cheddar cheese :patriot: next I think I need to try grinding my own beef and making some bacon because so far making things from scratch has been well worth it

oh gently caress yeah

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Got a link to that bun recipe?

Dr. Krieger
Apr 9, 2010

Colostomy Bag posted:

Got a link to that bun recipe?

NYT brioche buns, if its paywalled here's an image

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Didn’t get the size of the patties right for the bun but here’s a triple habanero guacamole hot bbq bacon cheeseburger all homemade. It was delish, patties cooked just right

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Some drat good burgs posted here lately. I am gonna hope the store has the ground beef on Monday and make this week have some burger action in my mouth damnit!!

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Gatts posted:

Didn’t get the size of the patties right for the bun but here’s a triple habanero guacamole hot bbq bacon cheeseburger all homemade. It was delish, patties cooked just right

Want

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

Gatts posted:

Bah, the patty size is fine with all the stuff you've got in there

Do you deliver these? I'll take 10

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
Sometimes all you need is just a basic as gently caress supermarket burger.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Dr. Krieger posted:

NYT brioche buns, if its paywalled here's an image

Thank you.

qutius
Apr 2, 2003
NO PARTIES

Two 4oz patties, not quite smashed as I normally like them, medium cheddar.

Toasted bun, dressed with mayo and dijon, along with veggies and coleslaw on the side.

qutius
Apr 2, 2003
NO PARTIES
edit isn't quote

qutius fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Apr 9, 2020

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

qutius posted:

Toasted bun, dressed with mayo and dijon, along with veggies and coleslaw on the side.

Yes

Lincoln
May 12, 2007

Ladies.
So I'm like what's the deal with smashed burgers, doesn't that let the fat and juices out?" And then I read this:

https://aht.seriouseats.com/2012/09/the-burger-lab-smashed-burgers-vs-smashing-burgers.html

And the upshot is: smash your burger early and firmly, and be sure to retain the crust that would otherwise stick to the cooking surface. This should be done on a griddle and not a grill. Do that, and you're fine. I think this is a valuable public service, and worth posting in this thread.

beerinator
Feb 21, 2003

Lincoln posted:

And the upshot is: smash your burger early and firmly, and be sure to retain the crust that would otherwise stick to the cooking surface. This should be done on a griddle and not a grill. Do that, and you're fine. I think this is a valuable public service, and worth posting in this thread.

Yeah the point at which you're smashing is before you can actually smash juices out.

Here's a recent point of view video from the same author as the link you posted where he shows how they make smashed burgers at his restaurant.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wwgn5k_TzKM

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.
The other two points are that your meat needs to be at least 80/20 if not even fattier and under 40 degrees when it hits the cooking surface.

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT

qutius posted:

This is perfect.

qutius
Apr 2, 2003
NO PARTIES
Sorry for berg spamming, but I did a better one today Look at that sear! And I wanted to show that you can indeed do smashed bergs on the grill, if you have the correct surface

Plus, grilled broccolini is bomb.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

With my absolute lack of authority, I give you permission to post things like this. drat, that's a good-looking burger!

Whahappen
Mar 27, 2010
Hey Burg' thread, I have been watching, learning, for a while now. I think I have this down for the most part. Lucky me, I found some 75/25 at the store earlier this week and knew what I had to do...

Flip to that crustiness...

And done, with the proper accompaniments

Meals have been somewhat meager during the quarantine, so this was a good change of pace.

atothesquiz
Aug 31, 2004

Nice burg! I worry that any attempt at moving the plate will compromise it and the burg will be on the floor!

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Nailed it perfect this time. Formed party right and cooked perfectly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
I am so proud of the way that in this trying time, we are all coming together, as one nation, under burg.