Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
This is a town slapfight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Yami Fenrir posted:

Also, you can double mark somebody, huh.

Kind of tempted to mark RF again just to see if he explodes from having too many marks on him or something but jokes aside, I will hold off for now.

Man you can't tease an idea this funny and then not do it, imo

Retro Futurist posted:

And nobody should feel very good about the hum kill. Just because the last minute change worked this time doesn't mean it's not stupid as hell. I have years of documented rants about this

I feel extremely good thank you very much, fleveryone floating along doing nothing all day and then BAM, Hum sounds defensive as poo poo while calling DBD the defensive one, so gut tone read time and woo it was right.

Last minute swerves are awesome, you strip away so much posturing and it comes down to loving do or die on who's actually gonna move where when the chips are down.

Kashuno posted:

this post really reads to me as someone who is sure of things they shouldn't be sure of based on the state of the game at this time and is really pinging me a lot. Bif was a gut scum read for me yesterday although I had nothing to really back it up so I didn't talk about it, but this post just feels like it's a big post to say nothing, while also putting forth a bit too much info as solid when it isn't and I'm gonna ##vote Bif for now.

Uh huh

Would you mind clearing up for me which parts you think are too much solid info? It's real hard to tell what you mean when you also accuse the whole post of saying nothing, you see.

Infinitum posted:

I am literally the doctor you dumb loving idiot.

Whee time to reread Inf and see if his reaction to Sandwolf made any sense

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Infinitum posted:

Why would I reveal that I had strong feelings on Kash being town, showing that I had protected him last night?
And likely stopped the kill on him?

This doesn't make sense. If I thought you were actually the doc I would never have claimed and outted you

If I were scum I would have kept all this info to myself and then murdered you tonight

If you had said even "I feel p good about Kash" I would have backed off and assumed you were a pro town PR

Instead you , as scum, had to now what I knew because you figured I was some kind of PR

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
That’s the weirdest part of the post Bif. It felt like you were positive on multiple scum groupings but didn’t feel confident enough to make any reads. So it was a lot of posting and game mechanics chat but nothing of real value idk

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Moatillata posted:

This doesn't make sense. If I thought you were actually the doc I would never have claimed and outted you

If I were scum I would have kept all this info to myself and then murdered you tonight

If you had said even "I feel p good about Kash" I would have backed off and assumed you were a pro town PR

Instead you , as scum, had to now what I knew because you figured I was some kind of PR

Otoh literally nothing happened to me last night so I think you outed a town PR for no gain

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Well that was quick

Infinitum posted:

Unlikely to vote a claimed protective role D1

Uhhhhh mate?

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?
What bothers me the most about this is that I honestly just can't see kash being the NK target, given day 1. Now, rolecop on the other hand...?

I also felt like Inf accepted the bodyguard claim too easily if they really are doctor.

And the whole "unsure" about kash, backpedalled into "Why would I reveal my super town read on kash???"

Why would you mention it at all then?!

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Moat's point about not having to reveal this info if they were a scum watcher is also a good point, imo.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Kashuno posted:

Otoh literally nothing happened to me last night so I think you outed a town PR for no gain

Nah im p sure I caught scum

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Yami Fenrir posted:

What bothers me the most about this is that I honestly just can't see kash being the NK target, given day 1. Now, rolecop on the other hand...?

I also felt like Inf accepted the bodyguard claim too easily if they really are doctor.

And the whole "unsure" about kash, backpedalled into "Why would I reveal my super town read on kash???"

Why would you mention it at all then?!

To be fair part of the reason I watched Kash was bc I thought he might be the nk

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Moatillata posted:

To be fair part of the reason I watched Kash was bc I thought he might be the nk

Why'd that be? I don't see it.

But anyway, if you thought kash might be the NK, why were you so pushy about inf visiting them, when kash is still alive?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Kashuno posted:

That’s the weirdest part of the post Bif. It felt like you were positive on multiple scum groupings but didn’t feel confident enough to make any reads. So it was a lot of posting and game mechanics chat but nothing of real value idk

I think the SK theory is decent, but I definitely don't want to assume that and it wasn't my first thought when I saw either flip. Seeing as this whole thing takes place in the castle and the Countess seems pretty drat important, also just the gist of the flavour and how it goes well with the narrator viewpoint, I assumed Hum was just classic regular scum.

Seeing a different alignment pop up, with a ninja instead of specifically SK or something else 3P-sounding, sure sounds like an extra scum team.

If Hum was solo compared to Grandi being the actual scum team, that's great but it sounds like way too much wishful thinking. For instance, I figured during N1 that you must be town based on your crucial help getting Hum to actually get the momentum needed to lunch him. Now, it's pretty certain you couldn't have been teamed with Hum, but maybe the reasons I originally suspected you are still valid, hey

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Yami Fenrir posted:

Why'd that be? I don't see it.

But anyway, if you thought kash might be the NK, why were you so pushy about inf visiting them, when kash is still alive?

Because I assumed that the nk was grandi

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Not sure why you immediately assumed scum rolecop for inf tbh

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Honestly I don't like ANY of the SK/2 scum teams talk.

Hum's role was "Killer Joat" whereas Grandi was a "House Slaughter-Aligned Ninja"

Both sound anti-town, that's all that matters to me. Weither they're 3p or scum is irrelevant, they are pretty clearly anti-town.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Kashuno posted:

I didn't assume this at first. It was a possibility. Thats why I was asking him about you first I already explained how it could have turned out differently if he had reacted differently

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Anyway, we probably won't get any reactions from Inf for a while cause it's currently 3:30am in Australia. But Inf when you do get back, why didn't you want to vote a claimed protective role?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I do support putting the third mark on me to see if I ascend to godhood or explode.

Also moat is town. No scum would have done something this bone headed and outed two power roles for no reason whatsoever

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Yami Fenrir posted:

Honestly I don't like ANY of the SK/2 scum teams talk.

Hum's role was "Killer Joat" whereas Grandi was a "House Slaughter-Aligned Ninja"

Both sound anti-town, that's all that matters to me. Weither they're 3p or scum is irrelevant, they are pretty clearly anti-town.

Castle-aligned killer joat

I dunno I was pretty sure about the whole serial killer And now I'm rereading the flavor and feeling less secure

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Retro Futurist posted:

I do support putting the third mark on me to see if I ascend to godhood or explode.

Also moat is town. No scum would have done something this bone headed and outed two power roles for no reason whatsoever

It’s this

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Kashuno posted:

Because of your day 1 posturing about how your role gives you mechanical reasons to be suspicious of people that mark people.

I certainly would like to know what's up with that and why I should maybe hold off on it but you aren't sharing.

Rolecopping you would give scum the information while denying town that information by leaving you alive, also making both claimed Marker roles suspicious at the same time.

Additionally, as mentioned previously I have several doubts on both you being a doc target, as well as inf's fishiness around why they visited you and the earlier post that I still see as backpedaling on their read on you.

Essentially, Inf currently reads to me as a rolecop that got caught visiting you and backpedaling their "unsure" read on you into a "town" read so they can claim doctor:

Infinitum posted:

I am currently of 2 minds on Kash, but if asked on a position I would be leaning town slightly.

Slight town read. When Moat asks again, he reinforces this.

[quote="Infinitum" post="504033612"]
Same answer. Nothing in his 3 posts D2 has persuaded me otherwise.

But then later posts this:

Infinitum posted:

Why would I reveal that I had strong feelings on Kash being town, showing that I had protected him last night?
And likely stopped the kill on him?

This is BLATANTLY walking back on the earlier opinion. If I had a strong town read on kash, I would either say when asked, or not mention it at all. There is no reason to "mask" your town read on people like this.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Retro Futurist posted:

This argument is such crap, too scummy to be scum, his entire play has been bad as either town or scum so why are you crossing off the latter possibility? lovely reasons to give someone kramering into the thread to gently caress the town over leeway

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

##vote Infinitum

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

But I am also very suss about how inf handled their own claim, just feels very desperate under pressure.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Sandwolf posted:

This argument is such crap, too scummy to be scum, his entire play has been bad as either town or scum so why are you crossing off the latter possibility? lovely reasons to give someone kramering into the thread to gently caress the town over leeway

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Since people seriously can’t put basics together.

Reasons marking can be bad: you mark people you think are suspicious. As a result of this marking of suspicious people, there are abilities that are pro town that can no longer target them because they are now marked as suspicious

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Sandwolf posted:

But I am also very suss about how inf handled their own claim, just feels very desperate under pressure.

As scum he will claim doc to draw out a counter claim I believe that is what he is doing now

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Moatillata posted:

As scum he will claim doc to draw out a counter claim I believe that is what he is doing now

Well I mean, the "counter" claim kind of came first already. Although if we get another claim on top of a doc and BP bodyguard that'd be pretty hilarious

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Kashuno posted:

Reasons marking can be bad: you mark people you think are suspicious. As a result of this marking of suspicious people, there are abilities that are pro town that can no longer target them because they are now marked as suspicious

See, there is literally nothing in my role PM about this. This poo poo would have been good to know beforehand.

With a 1/day limit and a mention of "hey, put this on people you're suspicious of!" the obvious thing to do is to pick somebody each day so it can do whatever it does. Nowhere does it say that it also disables abilities.

In fact, neither claimed pro-town role mentioned this, which is a little odd.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Kashuno posted:

Hm, this does actually make your initial comments about Circle make a lot more sense finally. Not sure why you couldn't have said that in the first place when you were already basically saying you had some role affected by marks.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Because if scum know that they will just make sure to mark all the town

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Kashuno posted:

Because if scum know that they will just make sure to mark all the town

Uhh..

2 out of 3 marks are day abilities. Which people can see.

If they keep marking town like that, you question that poo poo.

This is really weak logic imo.

Anyhow, I'm off to boardgames, participation will be anywhere between spotty and nonexistent for a bit.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Hm fair enough. Wonder how getting triple-marked plays into this though :v:

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Kashuno posted:

We don't know anything about marking though, couldn't the inverse be true? Marking would close off pro scum abilities, or open up pro town or pro scum abilities. I'm all for marking RF a bunch and seeing nothing happen N2 just to confuse all of us.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Yami Fenrir posted:

Uhh..

Anyhow, I'm off to boardgames, participation will be anywhere between spotty and nonexistent for a bit.

Nah but then scum know who they can safely murder/gently caress with

It was safer that this was not known

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

##mark RF

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

I guess I don't get to do that

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

ilmucche posted:

##mark RF

This is not a valid day action.

Votecount for Day 2

Moatillata (3): Infinitum, dmboogie, Sandwolf, Infinitum, Infinitum
Infinitum (2): Moatillata, Yami Fenrir
Retro Futurist (2): Bifauxnen, Deadbeat Dad
Bifauxnen (1): Kashuno
Sandwolf (0): Moatillata, Moatillata
Toalpaz (0): Moatillata, Moatillata
Kashuno (0): Yami Fenrir, Yami Fenrir

Not Voting (5): CirclMastr, Hal Incandenza, ilmucche, Retro Futurist, Toalpaz

With 13 alive, it's 7 votes to execute. The current deadline is April 12th, 2020 at 7 p.m. CDT -- that's in about 1 day, 5 hours.

Deadbeat Dad was MARKED day one!

dmboogie was MARKED day one!

Retro Futurist was MARKED night one and day two! Retro Futurist has two marks.

Please don't fake day actions. Going forward I'll have to modkill.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Ah sorry. Didn't know if I could and wanted to try.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Yami Fenrir posted:

Uhh..

Town don’t know who town are hope this helps