Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

ilmucche posted:

They say can be bad so it sounds like they're not sure, or trying to avoid having people get marked. I'd assume that there are pros/cons for both sides rather than it being solely a town or scum mechanic

That’s why I didn’t vote circl yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Votecount for Day 2

Retro Futurist (4): Bifauxnen, Deadbeat Dad, Kashuno, Hal Incandenza
Infinitum (2): Moatillata, Yami Fenrir, dmboogie, Retro Futurist, dmboogie, Retro Futurist
Moatillata (2): Infinitum, dmboogie, Sandwolf, Infinitum, Infinitum, dmboogie
Bifauxnen (0): Kashuno, Kashuno
Sandwolf (0): Moatillata, Moatillata
Toalpaz (0): Moatillata, Moatillata
Kashuno (0): Yami Fenrir, Yami Fenrir

Not Voting (5): CirclMastr, dmboogie, ilmucche, Retro Futurist, Toalpaz

With 13 alive, it's 7 votes to execute. The current deadline is April 12th, 2020 at 7 p.m. CDT -- that's in about 17 hours, 41 minutes.

Deadbeat Dad was MARKED day one!

dmboogie was MARKED day one!

Retro Futurist was MARKED night one and day two! Retro Futurist has two marks.

oh no you all are close to deadline what is going to happen idk let's find out

ps everyone is fine on postcounts today bc i forgot to track them from end of d1 moving forward but you better freaking watch out i'll cut you

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

wtf Inf, you couldn't check in again at least once all day

Welp I'll be awake again well before deadline, see y'all then

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Bifauxnen posted:

wtf Inf, you couldn't check in again at least once all day

Welp I'll be awake again well before deadline, see y'all then

Yeah, that is not cool when you are the center of a thing...

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I'm here and compiling answers.

Sorry was at my Brothers all day for Easter.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Editing some quotes for brevity

Kashuno posted:

Day is early you should’ve let sandwolf take the bait

I felt that a Sandwolf claim would be superfluous, plus I was pissed off, as there is a Ninja flip so the claimed Watcher wouldn't have seen them anyway.

Yami Fenrir posted:

Mind telling me the logic behind targeting Kash, especially since you posted this earlier:

You claim to have docced a person you are unsure about.

Did anything change between n1 and now?

The target of the NK is likely to be a middle of the pack poster D1, as there's nothing to go on.
I protected Kashuno because it's a crapshoot, and I haven't played in a game with him for a while and figured he might be the NK target.

As stated he was being brusque so I figured scum would potentially like to get rid of him.

The reason I did not reveal having 'strong feelings re:town or scum' on Kashuno, is I was trying to blend in with the crowd and not reveal my info.
Moat was blatantly fishing for a response, which would indicate if I were a cop or doc.

As an aside there is every indication there are multiple scum/3P teams in play.
So me indicating alignment on Kash means nothing, as he could still be part of the 2nd team.

Had the same situation happened D3 or 4 I would likely to be a bit more inclined to have 'stronger feelings' when indicating alignments upon questioning after we had more info on the board.

Moatillata posted:

Why the hell would he claim doc with no pressure and without sandwolf posting?

Why would he doc someone he didn't have a solid town read on

You revealed info that, if you were town, should have been kept to yourself; as there was enough info on the board to show that more info was needed before revealing night actions.

You, as claimed Watcher, upon seeing a Ninja flip should have kept schtum.
I will circle back to this shortly in a second post.

Moatillata posted:

This doesn't make sense. If I thought you were actually the doc I would never have claimed and outted you

Your line of questioning was leading, I had no reason to reveal I was 'feeling p good about Kash' as it would indicate I had a night action.

Bifauxnen posted:

Uhhhhh mate?

Would you lynch a claimed protective role D1? I've played plenty of games with multiple protective roles. It means we're looking at things like Juggernauts being in play.

Nothing about Sandwolf D1 felt like he was scum, as opposed to Humalong who was being needlessly combative and not taking the end of the day seriously.

Yami Fenrir posted:

I also felt like Inf accepted the bodyguard claim too easily if they really are doctor.

And the whole "unsure" about kash, backpedalled into "Why would I reveal my super town read on kash???"

First part answered above.

Again coming out with a "I am 100% feeling super great about Player X being Town guys" would publicly indicate I had information about their alignment, or the NK.
Info I was unwilling to reveal D2, until Moat kept fishing for info and forced the claim.

I actually mulled over claiming much earlier in my confession doc on discord, because I saw where it was leading to.

Yami Fenrir posted:

Honestly I don't like ANY of the SK/2 scum teams talk.

Why not? It's pretty obvious there's some combo of 3P/scum teams in play. Castle and Slaughter alignments

I would suggest that the JOAT role by itself isn't a great stand-alone role, so I'm assuming at the minimum Hum has 1 other partner.
Slaughter, with a Ninja flip, would indicate that's the scum team flavour.

Yami Fenrir posted:

This is BLATANTLY walking back on the earlier opinion. If I had a strong town read on kash, I would either say when asked, or not mention it at all. There is no reason to "mask" your town read on people like this.

Again answered previously. But I did indicate I felt they were town, I just didn't strongly suggest it D2; as it would paint a target on my back (Guess who's self doc'in tonight?)

Sandwolf posted:

But I am also very suss about how inf handled their own claim, just feels very desperate under pressure.

Did you protect Kashuno last night?

dmboogie posted:

Infinitum does your role interact with marks in any way like Kash is saying

No. I am a traditional doctor, and protect a target at night.
Marking has no impact on my ability, and nothing is mentioned in the flavour text.

Retro Futurist posted:

Where did inf claim doctor? I'm not seeing it

.... I know I am not putting as much time into this game as I should be, but wtf is this post.

RF is clearly not reading the thread.

Kashuno posted:

##vote RF I don’t buy someone who believes there are two scum teams not believing there could be multiple town protective roles

This is excellent reasoning, and I agree with it.

Toalpaz posted:

I'm down for infi and RF just to see how this shakes out. For what it's worth I think marking the same people over and over is dumb.

I just want to quote Toalpaz, as they're being fairly lurky this game. Please keep an eye on them.

Sandwolf posted:

this is extremely suss, if we flip one protective role you want to flip the other? Baaad look

Agreed,

Retro Futurist posted:

##unvote ugh yeah I guess it kind if works if Sandwolf is technically one shot. I guess I was thinking about the BP differently

'technically'? He claimed very clearly that he was one shot.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

OK. Mate wants to play some Tabletop Simulator. I will be back shortly.

I am pushing for a Moat lynch today, but would also be happy with RF who is clearly not reading the thread.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I did the "show only posts by inf" thing and it didn't seem to show up on mobile 🤷‍♂️

Not that this will help but I'm town role cop.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?
I don't agree with lunching a proven watcher this early. Especially when we've got 2 non-town dead. They'll already be under greater scrutiny and have to deal with being a tempting NK target.

What I mean with the 3p/scum talk is that I'm seeing a lot of 3 scum/1 sk or 2/2 scum speculations. Without reads added to them.

Like, I am okay with "This read makes me believe they are on team grandicap" or whatever.Just speculating on team sizes adds nothing.

I do like this response a bit more than previous ones. I'm still not entirely sold on you, but for now I think it's worth looking some other folks first, especially with the doc claim.

##unvote

Not quite done rereading but toal's day 1 seems pretty selfconscious, which I believe to be fairly normal for Toal, but it also seems pretty drat hedgy. There was the bizarre interaction with hum early on. With grandicap having flipped non-town, something about this exchange feels off to me, as well.

Grandicap posted:

Don't like this post. And not just because it is unvoting the person I am voting. Being nice is not a town tell. Unvoting a nice person is a scum tell of someone who feels bad about being scum. You know that Hum is a town so you are unvoting him.

Are you a scum again Toalp?

##vote Toalp

Toalpaz posted:

by that logic scum wouldn't ever vote. :)

The hammervote on hum feels especially weird to me.

Toalpaz posted:

##vote hum

Toals day 2 is pretty much just all setup spec or other stuff that isn't scumhunting.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Retro Futurist posted:

I did the "show only posts by inf" thing and it didn't seem to show up on mobile 🤷‍♂️

town role cop in a game with a killer joat and a ninja?

But let's humor the claim for a second, who did you target, then?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Retro Futurist posted:

:psyduck:

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

note that I don't want to know what their role is, unless it's obviously incriminating, I just want to know who you targeted and why.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
I still think inf is scum

Also what the hell opop

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
I have a been a town rolecop before in one of pods shine games

Guys I really don't buy infs claim , also flavor wise why would a doc be able to protect someone "marked as suspicious"

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Moatillata posted:

Guys I really don't buy infs claim , also flavor wise why would a doc be able to protect someone "marked as suspicious"

wtf does this even mean.

I operate normally. Marks have no impact on my action.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Yeah well that's why I said it wouldn't help much.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Lol not sure now this is the RF scum game

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Ok that'll sure do for a checkin, thanks JoBro

Moatillata posted:

Infinitum posted:

wtf does this even mean.

I operate normally. Marks have no impact on my action.

Mine either, this mark poo poo has just been confusing me.

I do not like Moat's responses at all here. Ideally we shouldn't prod for Moat to reveal if his watch action can't work on anyone marked, but Moat's response heavily implies that already. I'm going to go reread Moat rn cause I have a very strong feeling like his D1 posting did not match up with this mindset of knowing all along that marks could hobble his super useful ability.

I agree though that lunching a watcher with a proven result isn't a thing to be done lightly, especially when we can just lunch RF today instead to give it some more time.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I'm going to tl;dr this

- There are 2 non-town aligned scum/3P teams. Castle+Slaughter.
- We have a scum team Ninja flip, and a JOAT flip.
- Moat, as claimed Watcher, has no valid reason to reveal they saw me visit Kashuno last night; as there are too many unknown night variables.
- Here is Moat fishing for info on my actions
- Here is Moat fishing for info about Sandwolf's flavour, after he has already full claimed
- Here is Moat saying I can't be a cop or doc, there are a gamut of other town alignedroles that would require a visit. :siren: He is searching for a Cop or Doc claim :siren:

Here is Moat suggesting the existence of a Town Rolecop

Moatillata posted:

I have a been a town rolecop before in one of pods shine games

Here is Moat suggesting I am Scum Rolecop.

Moatillata posted:

I think you are a scum rolecop or some similar role and I caught you doing bad

Moatillata posted:

Im guessing he rolecopped you

:siren:Moat is caught in 2 contradictory statements. :siren:
- Before I claimed he suggested I was Scum Rolecop
- After I claimed Doc, it's somehow OK for RF to be Town Rolecop?

They are scum aligned, blatantly fishing for information, and are the correct vote today.

For emphasis
##vote Moat

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Bifauxnen posted:

I agree though that lunching a watcher with a proven result isn't a thing to be done lightly, especially when we can just lunch RF today instead to give it some more time.

I mean you could kill scum instead

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I'm going to bed soon and will likely miss deadline. It's 3am here in Aus.

Retro Futurist posted:

I mean you could kill scum instead

Is your rolecop result worth revealing?

If you rolecop'd either myself or Moat, or would ask that info be revealed.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Infinitum posted:

If you rolecop'd either myself or Moat, I would ask that info be revealed.

Maf edit

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Actually if you rcop'd Sandwolf I'd like to know that as well.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Yeah I pretty obviously copped sandwolf

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

And?

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Infinitum posted:

I'm going to tl;dr this

- There are 2 non-town aligned scum/3P teams. Castle+Slaughter.
- We have a scum team Ninja flip, and a JOAT flip.
- Moat, as claimed Watcher, has no valid reason to reveal they saw me visit Kashuno last night; as there are too many unknown night variables.
- Here is Moat fishing for info on my actions
- Here is Moat fishing for info about Sandwolf's flavour, after he has already full claimed
- Here is Moat saying I can't be a cop or doc, there are a gamut of other town alignedroles that would require a visit. :siren: He is searching for a Cop or Doc claim :siren:

Here is Moat suggesting the existence of a Town Rolecop

Here is Moat suggesting I am Scum Rolecop.

:siren:Moat is caught in 2 contradictory statements. :siren:
- Before I claimed he suggested I was Scum Rolecop
- After I claimed Doc, it's somehow OK for RF to be Town Rolecop?

They are scum aligned, blatantly fishing for information, and are the correct vote today.

For emphasis
##vote Moat

This is an incredibly dumb gotcha

I am a town watcher and I have explained over and over why I suspected you

I'm p much done with it. I think you are playing a gambit with your claim but I am shouting into the void on this one

it feels like nobody cares and/or agrees with me

I would like some new people to weigh in and or vote or jus post something

RF can you respond to inf?

Also it is not ok for RF to be a rolecop I was merely suggesting that town ones can exist.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Something that made him feel a lot better about sandwolf, isn't that enough at this point

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Nevermind I see that you did while I was posting

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Hal Incandenza posted:

Something that made him feel a lot better about sandwolf, isn't that enough at this point

I want him on record confirming or denying the Bodyguard claim.
I don't care about how many charges he may or may not have.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Inf sure does wanna know everyone's roles and results

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Votecount for Day 2

Retro Futurist (4): Bifauxnen, Deadbeat Dad, Kashuno, Hal Incandenza
Moatillata (2): Infinitum, dmboogie, Sandwolf, Infinitum, Infinitum, dmboogie, Infinitum, Infinitum
Infinitum (1): Moatillata, Yami Fenrir, dmboogie, Retro Futurist, dmboogie, Retro Futurist, Yami Fenrir
Bifauxnen (0): Kashuno, Kashuno
Sandwolf (0): Moatillata, Moatillata
Toalpaz (0): Moatillata, Moatillata
Kashuno (0): Yami Fenrir, Yami Fenrir

Not Voting (6): CirclMastr, dmboogie, ilmucche, Retro Futurist, Toalpaz, Yami Fenrir

With 13 alive, it's 7 votes to execute. The current deadline is April 12th, 2020 at 7 p.m. CDT -- that's in about 6 hours, 29 minutes.

Deadbeat Dad was MARKED day one!

dmboogie was MARKED day one!

Retro Futurist was MARKED night one and day two! Retro Futurist has two marks.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
I feel like the bottom has dropped out of this game

Way too many people feel absent

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Now who's not reading the game. Yeah, he came up a BP bodyguard

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Retro Futurist posted:

Now who's not reading the game. Yeah, he came up a BP bodyguard

Great! (Also you hadn't mentioned this previously)

Retro Futurist posted:

##unvote ugh yeah I guess it kind if works if Sandwolf is technically one shot. I guess I was thinking about the BP differently

Why would you need to publicly muse over the number of charges Sandwolf has if you've rolecopped them?
You would privately know this information.

I would be happy with an RF lynch today as well.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Ok this is Moat's first mention of anything to do with the marks, back when Circl was the only one who'd done it:

Moatillata posted:

Circl mechanic is giving me a stay on him for now

If Moat's watch said all along that marks make it not work, it seems weird that Moat would get less willing to lunch someone throwing marks out there.

But maybe he had conflicting feelings, cause later Moat directly responds to this Grandi post:

Grandicap posted:

He is pushing up the pro town aspects here. The DBD mark was not on his vote target, which was a joke vote on Moat. He does not follow up with a DBD vote even though he marks them. The whole thing seems calculated.
##vote CirclMastr

Moatillata posted:

This makes sense to me also I agree there are probably scum with the marking ability

Later on when there were two marks in play and a lot more discussion about it:

Kashuno posted:

I wanted to vote Circl because I currently believe marking may not be a net benefit for town. Yami also being able to mark has me feeling pretty sure it's not just a town thing so I feel reasonable in believing that there are scum markers.

Moatillata posted:

I think this is a lame reason to lynch circl

I think he went about with his thing in a less townie fashion than Yami but honestly how new is he? I can see him getting excited and using it

That's it before everyone gets busy with end of day scramble. I can see Moat not wanting to get too involved in the mark speculation to risk giving away that he's got a good role, but I'd expect him to at least back up Kash a little more at some point during that whole discussion. This really doesn't read like this is all coming from someone who knew all along that marks could be outright detrimental to valuable pro-town roles.

Of course, maybe I just read too much into Moat's remark in the first place:

Moatillata posted:

Maybe the marks never affected Moat's watch, but Moat does expect the doctor to be one of those roles so affected. But this still feels like an overreach to throw shade for a really shaky reason. Even the people who have marks claim to not understand their ability too well, and here's Moat all "why would a doc be able to do this" like it's obvious everyday known mafia wisdom.

I don't want to lunch Moat yet today but I want this on the record for later that I really really don't like his posts lately.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Bifauxnen posted:

I really really don't like his posts lately.

:(

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Awww don't make those sad puppy dog eyes at me Moat you know I just mean in terms of scum content

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Bif and Moat, what do you think of the contradiction I just pointed out above?

(It's now coming up on 4am and I'm super cereal going to bed soon)

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
Infinitum I don't see how moats statements on rolecops are contradictory. Moat quite obviously has his own read of your actions, independent of how he thinks rolecops should be played which is just setup spec, that he used to vote you.

He mentions that in his prodding questions, that you appeared scummy to him. That is the basis of his decision. Him saying scum or town rolecops are possible, or insisting that one or the other has to be in the game, would be setup spec and poor reasoning, and that isn't what he was doing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

Moatillata posted:

Simple if you're a pro town role you would figure it out and

If you copped him as town you would say you feel good about Kash

If you docced him then you obviously think he is townie and say as such

You were extremely guarded about it

Posts like these are actual reasoning for why infinitum as a rolecops would be scummy, not just rolecops in general. Which is why the contradiction you attempt to point out isn't really a contradiction.