Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

Deadbeat Dad posted:

You missed D1 when he claimed? Weren't you around?

1 shot BP/bodyguard

Also why did you track me over dmboogie, just curious not that there is a good or bad choice

So RF rolecopped a role claimed d1? Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Im good with RF for this day

I would vote but I don't wanna put him at -1

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Toalpaz posted:

So RF rolecopped a role claimed d1? Lol

Yep!

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
~However~ if Castle-Aligned is an actual team, it does sort of disturb me that Sandwolf did not mention Hum at all (with any casings or real opinions) despite being on the chopping block next to him. I think it's a very low probability two Castle aligned players (if it exists) were up to be lunched D1 but it's a thing to note.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Deadbeat Dad posted:

You missed D1 when he claimed? Weren't you around?

1 shot BP/bodyguard

Also why did you track me over dmboogie, just curious not that there is a good or bad choice

Quoting for new page, I'm also very interested in Toalpaz's reasoning here

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I didn’t really agree with the switch to Hum :/ I thought at the time it felt really scummy, all of a sudden people who have been barely posting drop by to vote for someone who’s been relatively quiet all day? I wanted to survive but I felt Hum’s frustration, so I wasn’t gonna step on his head to escape

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?
One thing that did bother me about Sandwolf earlier is that they claimed the BP as well. it's such an easy explanation as to why they're not dead yet, and also makes the "RF attacked Sandwolf" theory seem a bit unlikely.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Slightly given pause by Toal and Moat seeming to be pushing for RF right now

But I just really don’t think RF actually rolecopped me

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I have no EVIDENCE that RF didn’t visit me though

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Sandwolf posted:

I didn’t really agree with the switch to Hum :/ I thought at the time it felt really scummy, all of a sudden people who have been barely posting drop by to vote for someone who’s been relatively quiet all day? I wanted to survive but I felt Hum’s frustration, so I wasn’t gonna step on his head to escape

Weren't gonna step on a lurker's head? When you're sitting there as a presumably town power role?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Yami Fenrir posted:

One thing that did bother me about Sandwolf earlier is that they claimed the BP as well. it's such an easy explanation as to why they're not dead yet, and also makes the "RF attacked Sandwolf" theory seem a bit unlikely.

Luckily, you get to make the same conclusions as I do about there being only 1 kill last night.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

I chose you dbd because I didn't have a good read on you and I figured dmboogie is scummy and it would be easy to kill dmboogie anyways.

I know that people will not like the way I make decisions but this is legitimately the best way I think to use investigative roles, to clear or catch unknowns rather than people you have opinions on already.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Sandwolf posted:

Luckily, you get to make the same conclusions as I do about there being only 1 kill last night.

Well, there are several conclusions. Why do you default to this one?

a) you got attacked.
b) your target got attacked (did you ever claim who you targeted? No need to claim if you didn't)
c) the ninja did in fact try to kill kashuno.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Sandwolf posted:

This is completely fair but also keep in mind the reason Hum got lynched in the first place was defending those sorts of votes on you and me and his back and forth that made him look super defensive and throwing weird cases out of thin air.

Like, I get the reasoning why you would not really mention him or vote him because of that feeling, but he did defend votes on you and if I'm in your shoes I can see how you defending him back would look kinda bad with both of you explicitly defending votes on each other

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Bifauxnen posted:

Weren't gonna step on a lurker's head? When you're sitting there as a presumably town power role?

bodyguard is a pretty lameass protective role imo, and the BP part is made irrelevant as soon as it’s mentioned. Hum seemed legit pissed off and was I really gonna come in and throw gasoline all over Hum just so I can continue to deal with suspicion for the rest of the game

like I’m making a not-game related point, it was meant to be a jokey point about Hum seeming sensitive at EOD

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Yami Fenrir posted:

Well, there are several conclusions. Why do you default to this one?

a) you got attacked.
b) your target got attacked (did you ever claim who you targeted? No need to claim if you didn't)
c) the ninja did in fact try to kill kashuno.

D) there’s only 1 NK
E) one group withheld (power roles?)

Etc etc

I’m not saying you should come to any of these conclusions. I’m saying any mystery with my role (whether I’m still BP, whether I saved a kill last night, whether I was actually targeted, etc etc) are evident for everyone to consider.

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

good morning

im caught up and am going to think about my arguments today instead of posting literally the first thing that comes to mind maybe

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Sandwolf posted:

bodyguard is a pretty lameass protective role imo, and the BP part is made irrelevant as soon as it’s mentioned.

Then why did you mention it?!

Sandwolf posted:

D) there’s only 1 NK
E) one group withheld (power roles?)

Etc etc

I’m not saying you should come to any of these conclusions. I’m saying any mystery with my role (whether I’m still BP, whether I saved a kill last night, whether I was actually targeted, etc etc) are evident for everyone to consider.

Ah, my bad. I assumed you went with "you got attacked" because of the earlier post about RF.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I don’t buy that RF would rolecop me, I think he may be a rolecop, and he may have visited me last night, but I think scum are usually quick to deal with BP. Bodyguard w/o BP is just a NK redirector to the Bodyguard effectively.

I claimed it because I don’t know I’m not good at lying to town under those conditions? Y’all probably woulda lunched me without the BP part too. Maybe it forced scum to waste a NK last night

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

we should mark RF a third time instead of lunching him imo

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
My logic on RF still stands and I’m sticking to it I’m done caring about claims

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

dmboogie posted:

we should mark RF a third time instead of lunching him imo

I'm curious as to what multiple marking does and am still on a toalpaz lunch so I could go for this

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

ilmucche posted:

I'm curious as to what multiple marking does and am still on a toalpaz lunch so I could go for this

how do you feel about toal's claim

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Kashuno posted:

My logic on RF still stands and I’m sticking to it I’m done caring about claims

Yeah I'm getting mad scum vibes from Toal and would like to revisit that tomorrow, but for now I do think RF is still a great option. Just as he was before all the claims rolled in.

I'm here till deadline, so I'm only holding my revote for the last minute since we're finally getting a bit more interesting participation rn

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

yeah im def. not against voting RF but marking him a third time will probably be a unique opportunity for us

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

If you're going to mark RF again do it now so we can actually decide on another lunch if he actually does explode holy poo poo.

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

i cant mark people im asking someone else to mark him!!!!!

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

dmboogie posted:

how do you feel about toal's claim

It's an interesting claim. I'd like to see if deadbeat dad can confirm but I don't know if they would want to.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

##mark Retro Futurist

The only one I can come up with as a potential mark would be Kashuno anyway.

Partly because I'm starting to get suspicious of them because of all the pro-town roles that AREN'T negatively affected, partly because it'd be funny.

So let's just test if this actually does a thing.

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

ilmucche posted:

It's an interesting claim. I'd like to see if deadbeat dad can confirm but I don't know if they would want to.

they already did earlier in the thread

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Yami Fenrir posted:

##mark Retro Futurist

Partly because I'm starting to get suspicious of them because of all the pro-town roles that AREN'T negatively affected, partly because it'd be funny.

So let's just test if this actually does a thing.

okay cool

I'm a town vigilante that can only target people who have three or more marks. This is my only action and I have no other special properties. If we lunch someone else, I can shoot RF tonight.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

There is no way he is going to explode

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

dmboogie posted:

okay cool

I'm a town vigilante that can only target people who have three or more marks. This is my only action and I have no other special properties. If we lunch someone else, I can shoot RF tonight.

Ahhh yes this makes more sense

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Hal Incandenza posted:

There is no way he is going to explode

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

I'm still suspicious of toal because of their claim that they were hunting scum on day 1 but didn't actually say much during the day

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

dmboogie posted:

okay cool

oh poo poo lol

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

ilmucche posted:

I'm still suspicious of toal because of their claim that they were hunting scum on day 1 but didn't actually say much during the day

you dont have to say much to be right :)

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Yami Fenrir posted:

I think Kash would be a good person to mark

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Toalpaz posted:

you dont have to say much to be right :)

I mean you literally didn't say anything about hum after you withdrew your initial gut read.

A fact you are conveniently ignoring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

trying to decide how i feel about toal because they could easily be a scum rolecop