Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should Gaj make his own thread
This poll is closed.
Yes, make a new thread 6 54.55%
No, keep things just how they are 5 45.45%
Total: 11 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

BalloonFish posted:

It was Terry Gilliam who, as an American, was using his fork the zig-zag way. Which so enraged hotelier Donald Sinclair that he slapped the fork out of Gilliam's hand and (IIRC) snarled at him "We don't eat that way here!". Sinclair also threw Eric Idle's suitcase out of an upstairs window declaring it could be a bomb, and when questioned about who would want to bomb a mediocre English seaside hotel told the Pythons that he'd "had a lot of staff problems".

This sounds right. I thought I had some details fuzzed. Thanks for correcting me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

Panfilo posted:

I guess I'm an outlier because I didn't mind participation trophies as a kid. I don't think they are necessarily a good or bad thing. But I agree boomers themselves are hipocrities for both insisting they get handed out then attacking anyone that received them.

The issue with participation trophies and Boomers runs deeper than a little bauble though. Boomers think a lot of things are participation trophies in their world; universal health care for example, humanities degrees, collective bargaining, and virtually anything that establishes a baseline for access or survival. Because it seems like the way boomers establish a hierarchy where they are on top is to find a way to push everyone else down. They want to be the sole arbiters of what has value but they are so goddamn inconsistent about it.

Boomers attacking humanities degrees is an odd one and it used to bother me until realised that boomers have this weird protestant streak where they believe labour must be suffering. Anyone deriving any joy from their work or studies makes them insanely jealous.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

"Underwater basket weaving"

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Boomers only had opinions about what is and isn't a worthwhile college degree AFTER they demanded their kids go to college and study whatever, just get a degree.

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

Pretty good posted:

"Underwater basket weaving"

I wish this was a real thing to make boomers boil in rage at all the people qualified in it now working in offshore exploration while having a neat Etsy sideline.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

twistedmentat posted:

Yea I'm in Canada and basically any "real" job (that is office work that pays you enough to actually live off) requires so much education it's not funny. I spent my 20s going to job fairs and they all had these great jobs that required more education than you can imagine. They are full of those "entry level" jobs that require 5+ years of experience and 10 years of education.

Why do you need to have an MBA to work as a Bank teller? Seriously.

I honestly think that the Boomers that run most companies these days do this so they can safely not hire anyone, overload their current workforce and when people ask why they don't hire more people they say "We can't find any qualified candidates".

Let’s not forget “overqualified for the job.”

Like, wouldn’t you want to hire someone that knew exactly what they were doing?

Oh, right. poo poo like that scares the Boomer(s) that should have retired fifteen years ago from the company and are scared that once you’re hired, you’re there to take their cushy job and force them out, so it comes back around to your example. It always comes back around to goddamn Boomers.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

You Are A Elf posted:

Oh, right. poo poo like that scares the Boomer(s) that should have retired fifteen years ago from the company and are scared that once you’re hired, you’re there to take their cushy job and force them out, so it comes back around to your example. It always comes back around to goddamn Boomers.

just try getting a job in a library with a masters degree in library science

1) entry level library jobs require a 1 year collage course
2) the next step up requires 5+ years experience and a masters degree

will they hire someone with the masters degree for the entry level job, so they can get their 5+ years experience? hahahaha nope, you are over qualified! will they hire someone with the masters degree for the supervisor jobs? hahaha nope you are under qualified.:suicide:

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

You Are A Elf posted:

Because they plan to treat that someone like poo poo and underpay them, and know that a person with actual options won't stick around for that.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Dienes posted:

Because they plan to treat that someone like poo poo and underpay them, and know that a person with actual options won't stick around for that.

That's just an unwritten rule about every job ever though

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Several pages back but I don't read GBS on weekends

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Expecting a major national newspaper to publish your random screed about this is pretty drat boomer, not gonna lie.

I mean, submitting an op-ed IS a boomer thing to do, but they encourage it

Op-eds are random screeds by nature and they've published worse in extremely recent memory, I've seen it

At any rate if you think I was taking myself seriously in the post part of that post you missed a joke

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Boomers only had opinions about what is and isn't a worthwhile college degree AFTER they demanded their kids go to college and study whatever, just get a degree.

100%

They needed a justification for how people could do all of the things you're Supposed To Do and end up still unemployed and in debt

clearly you just went to college wrong or it'd have worked, and clearly you're also just lazy or you'd have paid off your student loans by now just with a part-time job

I think it was Bill O'Reilly who told a story about how he paid his tuition in full by painting houses during the summer when he was in college, and the fact that that doesn't seem to work anymore is, of course, proof that millennials are lazy

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Outrail posted:

I figured Carman was a terminally unlikable shithead and the whole point of his character was 'This is Carman, nobody likes him or his shtick. Kids, seriously, don't be Cartman'.

I don’t think that’s what they were going for, if so they spectacularly failed. Remember there are episodes where Cartman is literally Hitler and suffers no real consequences for his actions, not even the loss of a friend who’s actually Jewish and whom he relentlessly antagonizes with antisemitism.

Even if it’s what they were going for, it’s been pretty well established forever that this never works in popular media, the piece of poo poo character is still seen as a hero and worth emulating (Tony Montana from Scarface is a very popular example of a huge segment of the population missing the point).

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Rutibex posted:

just try getting a job in a library with a masters degree in library science

1) entry level library jobs require a 1 year collage course
2) the next step up requires 5+ years experience and a masters degree

will they hire someone with the masters degree for the entry level job, so they can get their 5+ years experience? hahahaha nope, you are over qualified! will they hire someone with the masters degree for the supervisor jobs? hahaha nope you are under qualified.:suicide:

Everything I hear about library science seems to indicate it's a broken "insider's" club that only exists that way to filter out every kid who thinks "I like reading, I should be a librarian :downs:"

You Are A Elf posted:

That was how it started. Now it's just part of the general mercenary economy where all that matters is increasing the appearance of quarterly performance for bosses/shareholders, and nothing decreases profit margins like paying labor what it is worth.

The real Boomer way is to start a small business fiefdom where they are continuously just shocked at how no one wants to stay employed under their dead-end umbrella for very long working for table scraps while they pull down six figures, then when it comes time to discuss the 0.1% paying their fair share they expect you to cry tears over how "they'll be the ones to really suffer because we can't afford legal loopholes to get out of higher taxes." Yes this is a real state of affairs I've run into multiple times.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I also had my mom forbid me to watch The Simpsons when it was culturally relevant, and I can confidently say having rewatched those episodes as an adult that I have no goddamn clue what was even supposed to be so subversive about it

Like, South Park was trying to piss people off on purpose; it makes sense people would object. The Simpsons is wholesome as gently caress.

Moral panics are a weird thing

mind the walrus posted:

That was how it started. Now it's just part of the general mercenary economy where all that matters is increasing the appearance of quarterly performance for bosses/shareholders, and nothing decreases profit margins like paying labor what it is worth.

The real Boomer way is to start a small business fiefdom where they are continuously just shocked at how no one wants to stay employed under their dead-end umbrella for very long working for table scraps while they pull down six figures, then when it comes time to discuss the 0.1% paying their fair share they expect you to cry tears over how "they'll be the ones to really suffer because we can't afford legal loopholes to get out of higher taxes." Yes this is a real state of affairs I've run into multiple times.

About 50% of small business owners are petty tyrants

Like, when it comes to giving their employees good benefits, big business is actually better a lot of the time, because they have consultants and HR people around to charge them millions of dollars to "do the research" and bring them the unbelievable discovery that treating your employees well is actually beneficial in the long run. A lot of small business owners are just chuds who are in it to Get Rich and see every dollar they give you for your healthcare as one less dollar they can put toward remodeling their kitchen to impress their in-laws

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Anyway I had my first major-ish trading of blows with my dad yesterday. Nowhere near as bad as what many go through daily, mind you, but he had this really deep-set notion that you should be working 60+ hours a week on 40 hours’ pay due to loving your work and proving yourself. I doubt I got through to him that all that does now is show you as a patsy who’ll work for free and not get you a promotion or even your job saved if the shares go down 0.25% ever. And also that despite having a “good job” I’m making less than minimum wage when he was growing up. His employment history is also textbook “all of my advice worked great for me”, like he was a professor with no union contract and quit 30 years ago and they apparently still pay for his health care benefits, apparently out of the goodness of their hearts.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

RE Simpsons/South Park: I heard an interview with Mike Reiss once where he credited South Park with taking a lot of the "heat" off of the Simpsons w/r/t being a scapegoat for every cultural issue in America, because once THAT poo poo was around nobody bothered getting as mad about the Simpsons

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

univbee posted:

Anyway I had my first major-ish trading of blows with my dad yesterday. Nowhere near as bad as what many go through daily, mind you, but he had this really deep-set notion that you should be working 60+ hours a week on 40 hours’ pay due to loving your work and proving yourself. I doubt I got through to him that all that does now is show you as a patsy who’ll work for free and not get you a promotion or even your job saved if the shares go down 0.25% ever. And also that despite having a “good job” I’m making less than minimum wage when he was growing up. His employment history is also textbook “all of my advice worked great for me”, like he was a professor with no union contract and quit 30 years ago and they apparently still pay for his health care benefits, apparently out of the goodness of their hearts.

Your dad can go gently caress himself.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

loquacius posted:

I also had my mom forbid me to watch The Simpsons when it was culturally relevant, and I can confidently say having rewatched those episodes as an adult that I have no goddamn clue what was even supposed to be so subversive about it

Like, South Park was trying to piss people off on purpose; it makes sense people would object. The Simpsons is wholesome as gently caress.

The episode that got The Simpsons banned from my household back then was S02E04, the three-eyed fish episode, and this seems to have been a very prevalent choice for mothers everywhere to clutch their pearls over. It starts with Bart being an absolute poo poo to a reporter (including Bart telling him "who the hell are you" and then when the reporter says kids didn't talk that way when he was growing up Bart immediately shoots back that it's not his day anymore), and, more importantly, near the end Bart tells a blasphemous grace ("Dear God, we had to pay for this food, so thanks for nothing.") This was the first time a major TV show deviated from super-wholesome friendliness when much of TV from its inception until the late 80s was the same outside of going from Black & White to Color. The Simpsons came out being open and honest about real family dynamics and subverting the TV tropes everyone knew were bullshit (e.g. when Bart asks Homer about being popular in the episode where he cuts off the Jebediah statue's head, and Homer instead of the cliche "just be yourself" response straight-up says being popular is the most important thing in the world and if he were unpopular he would literally kill himself) and that broke a ton of brains.

The irony in my household is that my mom changed her tune and unbanned the show when she realized there was more to it and it was actually a smart show. What changed her was the first Treehouse of Horror's "The Raven" sequence, which actually originally aired before the problematic episode in question, she just saw them out of order.

Solkanar512 posted:

Your dad can go gently caress himself.

Yeah, my family and I are shacking up with my parents for quarantine but at this point I'm pretty sure we'll be better off being at our actual home and juggling our housebound kid ourselves (he wasn't being well-coralled while we were working anyway).

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

loquacius posted:

As far as I can tell it tl;dr-ed to a few things:

1. Cartoons = for kids. It's very easy to take for granted now and we can "but actually" about Bashki and Heavy Metal and anime and other cult poo poo, and how Disney is "for all ages" all loving day, but the practical truth is until The Simpsons there was no such thing as a cartoon for adults in the minds of most Western audiences. Just being animated and PG-13 was breaking a rule and being subversive.

2. Marketing for Bart was aggressive and easily eclipsed the actual show. Nevermind that even as a small child I thought Bart's "rebelliousness" was tame as gently caress, that was the marketing perception and that equaled reality. He had strong opinions, didn't do what he was told, eschewed protocol, and was generally more of an individual, and there's a weird stripe of Boomers who really don't seem to think children should be well... people.

3. The Simpsons did help popularize a lot of swears for kids in the 90s-- drat, hell, rear end, "get bent," freakin', etc. I do remember learning them from the show and my parents making a big deal about it without really explaining the why other than "you're not supposed to," which just makes a kid go as deep as they can into the swearing until it loses an effect. I wonder if it's better/worse today now that standards have generally laxed for swearing on TV.

quote:

About 50% of small business owners are petty tyrants

Like, when it comes to giving their employees good benefits, big business is actually better a lot of the time, because they have consultants and HR people around to charge them millions of dollars to "do the research" and bring them the unbelievable discovery that treating your employees well is actually beneficial in the long run. A lot of small business owners are just chuds who are in it to Get Rich and see every dollar they give you for your healthcare as one less dollar they can put toward remodeling their kitchen to impress their in-laws
Even then it's a coin toss, because again mercenary mindset-- they don't care if the long run is good or bad for the business, they only intend to work there for 2-3 years at most, inflate the numbers, then jump ship to either higher pay and/or cash out, and a very quick way to artificially pump numbers is to slash labor benefits and wages to the bone.

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

univbee posted:

:sever:

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

univbee posted:

This was the first time a major TV show deviated from super-wholesome friendliness when much of TV from its inception until the late 80s was the same outside of going from Black & White to Color. The Simpsons came out being open and honest about real family dynamics and subverting the TV tropes everyone knew were bullshit (e.g. when Bart asks Homer about being popular in the episode where he cuts off the Jebediah statue's head, and Homer instead of the cliche "just be yourself" response straight-up says being popular is the most important thing in the world and if he were unpopular he would literally kill himself) and that broke a ton of brains.

Married with Children and Roseanne got there first.

They were huge hits, both bigger than The Simpsons ratings-wise, but animation was still a kids' medium back then, so The Simpsons was seen as more subversive.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

PostNouveau posted:

Married with Children and Roseanne got there first.

They were huge hits, both bigger than The Simpsons ratings-wise, but animation was still a kids' medium back then, so The Simpsons was seen as more subversive.

True. I remember my mom getting really mad about Roseanne and declaring it "worse than The Simpsons".

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

mind the walrus posted:

Everything I hear about library science seems to indicate it's a broken "insider's" club that only exists that way to filter out every kid who thinks "I like reading, I should be a librarian :downs:"

yup this is 100% the case. but luckily for me Covid-19 is being used as an excuse by every local government in Ontario to clean house and lay off all the librarians. i know its not nice to take satisfaction at other peoples misfortune, but i can't help but think my chances are a lot better now that all of the "insiders" have been fired at the same time :twisted:

https://www.sarniathisweek.com/news/local-news/layoffs-follow-decision-to-close-county-cultural-facilities-indefinitely

https://www.yorkregion.com/news-story/9939023--i-feel-terrible-aurora-public-library-blames-coronavirus-for-layoffs/

https://barrie.ctvnews.ca/layoffs-impact-45-staff-members-at-barrie-public-library-amid-pandemic-1.4888872

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

man, it is wild to me to think that back in the day a child being rude to an adult on television was enough to get a show banned from households, but I'd totally believe it

IIRC in the line where Bart is rude to the reporter he actually calls him "sir" in a non-sarcastic tone of voice which actually makes it funnier that everybody was horrified by it anyway

My mom knew fuckall about the show, she'd just heard it was Bad For Children and that was enough

BalloonFish
Jun 30, 2013

Fun Shoe

loquacius posted:

My mum has plenty of Boomer traits, but mostly of the 'annoying habits' type. The Simpsons was the only thing she really got moral-panic-y about. She refused to let me and my sister watch it and left strict instructions with our friends' parents to that effect. I dunno how she formed the opinion that this prime-time animated show with yellow people was going to morally corrupt her offspring and I'm pretty sure she hadn't even seen a single second of the show before coming to this conclusion. We only had standard terrestrial tv, so there was no way for us to actually see the show at home anyway. In fact, I'm pretty sure the first time I ever became aware of The Simpsons' existing was being told by mum that I wasn't allowed to watch it.

Then there was about year when the show came to the BBC when we were actively barred from watching it (although by this stage I'd already seen a lot of it at friends' houses...) and the crunch came in about 1997 when we went on holiday to a UK-owned resort in Turkey. There was a 'kid's lounge' where we'd all hang out under loose supervision in the evening and some Simpsons tapes made it up there and onto the TV. My mum was pissed when she found out but, credit to her, actually watched about 10 minutes of an episode (which, I'm pretty sure, was the Stonecutters one) before realising that this wasn't some morally degenerate and socially subversive cartoon and never gave a single gently caress about The Simpsons since then. I'd really love to know what she thought it was about, how/why she came that conclusion and why, if it was as awful as she thought, BBC2 would put it out at 6:30pm right after Neighbours.

I'm pretty sure that if I asked now she'd insist that she's always liked the Simpsons and never had a problem with it and I'm probably just misremembering some time when I wasn't allowed to watch it until I'd done my homework...

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
Some of the jobs with unreasonable hiring requirements were because while they were legally required to offer the job to the public, they primarily filled those positions internally and wanted to ensure anyone already working for them had a chance at it before anyone else.

In contrast, my union's contract bars my employer from pulling this bullshit on a lot of jobs. Most positions branch from one or two entry level positions that nearly everyone starts in, and those positions have reasonable entry requirements. Internal hiring is based on sane qualifications and seniority. The base job itself has decent pay+benefits, so a lot of people that initially planned to work their way up to widget machinist just stick with the entry level job and build up seniority there. We also have a few apprenticeship programs so that you don't need to go outside of the job and pay a lot of money to get required certifications.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

The Stonecutters episode had Homer's rear end in it IIRC, good thing your mom didn't see that part :v:

Come to think of it I think my mom did see about 5 minutes of an episode once and there was a joke implying that Homer and Marge (a married couple) wanted to have sex with each other and that was it

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

loquacius posted:

The Stonecutters episode had Homer's rear end in it IIRC, good thing your mom didn't see that part :v:

They apparently blur the asses on newer airings due to new regulations that are pretty absolute about that sort of thing.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
So I guess Pregnant Elsa finger family Spiderman is the Millennial equivalent of boomers getting worked up over Simpsons huh

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Which is especially funny because Marge/Homer largely just use that dumb euphemism "snuggling" throughout the golden years of the show.

By the time the Stonecutters episode aired my parents straight-up did not care.

My Boomer mom did have an absolute shitfit about my brothers and I seeing "The Matrix" though, because it was rated-R. Nevermind that "The Matrix" is tame af. In hindsight she was really just pissed off that her ex-husband was dictating the media standards for her kids and she wanted control.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

mind the walrus posted:

My Boomer mom did have an absolute shitfit about my brothers and I seeing "The Matrix" though, because it was rated-R. Nevermind that "The Matrix" is tame af. In hindsight she was really just pissed off that her ex-husband was dictating the media standards for her kids and she wanted control.

I always thought the moral panic with The Matrix was because the big action sequence at the end of the movie is the heroes killing dozens of police officers.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

loquacius posted:

I blame the huge backlash to the Simpsons and moral values handwringing on the Cosby Show and Different Strokes. America was so used to the idea of children in prime time sitcoms being cute and polite obedient members of the household, the idea of a 10 year old backtalking and mildly cursing caused Boomers to flip their poo poo.

Too bad The Cosby Show never did a very special episode where Theo got killed in a carjacking, maybe they could have gotten another 3 seasons.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

PostNouveau posted:

I always thought the moral panic with The Matrix was because the big action sequence at the end of the movie is the heroes killing dozens of police officers.
That and the "Columbine fashion" but my mom was and is genuinely unaware of that level of detail for... anything, really.

BalloonFish
Jun 30, 2013

Fun Shoe

loquacius posted:

Come to think of it I think my mom did see about 5 minutes of an episode once and there was a joke implying that Homer and Marge (a married couple) wanted to have sex with each other and that was it

Thing is, animated buttocks would not have bothered her at all. She was pretty liberal about things and I don't remember us being specifically banned from any other media that wasn't clearly simply not age-appropriate. Neither of my parents were or are given to moral panics or pearl-clutching. Mum must have seen or heard via some trusted grapevine source all the hysteria from the US about the Simpsons and assumed, in an early-90s UK context, that if a cartoon could be a threat to society it must be truely horrifying...but I can only assume she didn't realise that in the US context of the time 'threat to society' meant married couples snuggling together, kids not caring about school grades, public institutions being incompetent and/or corrupt and a non-realistic color palette.

Early-season Simpsons seems pretty twee at times compared to some of the TV norms we have now. It just shows how banal and insipid the stuff it was 'subverting' must have been.

ProperGanderPusher
Jan 13, 2012

Simpson’s was a weekly ritual growing up at home. The only friends I had who weren’t allowed to watch it, without exception, had exceptionally uptight, authoritarian parents, even by suburban standards. At least one of them is now a failson NEET. He fell apart after leaving for college and was no longer screamed at by mommy to wake up and get dressed and go to class everyday. They say the helicopter parent phenomenon is a gen x parent problem, but I really think boomer parents started it.

PeterCat
Apr 8, 2020

Believe women.

Another Boomerism:

Complaining endlessly that TV is terrible, but never actually going so far as to get rid of it and living life without the tube.

ST:TNG was right, TV is a fad that'll be dead by the end of the decade. We'll still have televisions, but traditional TV as we think of it will be dead.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Panfilo posted:

Some of the jobs with unreasonable hiring requirements were because while they were legally required to offer the job to the public, they primarily filled those positions internally and wanted to ensure anyone already working for them had a chance at it before anyone else.

In contrast, my union's contract bars my employer from pulling this bullshit on a lot of jobs. Most positions branch from one or two entry level positions that nearly everyone starts in, and those positions have reasonable entry requirements. Internal hiring is based on sane qualifications and seniority. The base job itself has decent pay+benefits, so a lot of people that initially planned to work their way up to widget machinist just stick with the entry level job and build up seniority there. We also have a few apprenticeship programs so that you don't need to go outside of the job and pay a lot of money to get required certifications.

And to think that a large percentage of American's think Unions are a bad thing.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

PeterCat posted:

Another Boomerism:

Complaining endlessly that TV is terrible, but never actually going so far as to get rid of it and living life without the tube.

ST:TNG was right, TV is a fad that'll be dead by the end of the decade. We'll still have televisions, but traditional TV as we think of it will be dead.

HBO was really playing chicken with destruction waiting so long to get HBO: GO set up lol

Hell, my parents are later boomers and they haven't had cable for like ten years

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

hawowanlawow posted:

Hell, my parents are later boomers and they haven't had cable for like ten years

My parents are the opposite, they have cable, and all of the streaming services (except Hulu somehow), and they can't seem to fathom that I don't need to spend $80 a month to get maybe two channels I'd watch regularly.

I also admit I"m lucky to be in an area where I can get two markets worth of over the air channels with an indoor antenna. If I had an outdoor, I could probably get channels from Columbus (I can on a very good day, as is)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PeterCat
Apr 8, 2020

Believe women.

I don't know where this puts me, but once broadcast TV made the switch to digital I never bothered buying a converter.