Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kimcicle
Feb 23, 2003

PastaBakeWizard posted:

Also apparently there's a glitch where Omen can teleport out of the map on Split and shoot people through walls from OOB and they need to fix that loving immediately.

Jett can do it as well. Last night I was playing a game, it was 5v1 and we went to plant A. Bomb carrier gets killed planting A, more people go to investigate, and they in turn get killed by a Jett that is OOB and can't be wallbanged. I know there's a patch coming soon but it can't come soon enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
On the other hand once you know they're doing that, just go to the other half of the map and engage 5v4

Parachute
May 18, 2003
played my first game yesterday. i was brimstone but i really wouldnt matter because i think i used my smoke ability maybe twice and thats it. never ulted or used the fire one. i did somehow go ~2/1 kdr and ended up on top of the scoreboard + winning in the very last round.

also this game runs like a dream (on lowest settings ofc) on my 6 year old computer and my voice sounded good enough to not get yelled at by my teammates like in apex.

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance

Parachute posted:

also this game runs like a dream (on lowest settings ofc) on my 6 year old computer and my voice sounded good enough to not get yelled at by my teammates like in apex.

Yeah I've been having issues with my computer but this game runs perfectly with whatever the default settings were, I didn't have to touch anything except mouse sensitivity. The voice codec is also really good. This kind of stuff goes a long way.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

RYYSZLA posted:

Where does one go about finding other people's stats?

Or even their own?

Oh he just sent me a screenshot of his last five games and i counted.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Parachute posted:

played my first game yesterday. i was brimstone but i really wouldnt matter because i think i used my smoke ability maybe twice and thats it. never ulted or used the fire one. i did somehow go ~2/1 kdr and ended up on top of the scoreboard + winning in the very last round.

So, i'm a genre newbie, so take it with a grain of salt.

But typically i just use smokes so that my team only has to cover one angle when walking into a room.

Parachute
May 18, 2003

dogstile posted:

So, i'm a genre newbie, so take it with a grain of salt.

But typically i just use smokes so that my team only has to cover one angle when walking into a room.

i only used them when my teammate was pinned down so he could escape to the other site. the other time when i was testing out how to mentally adjust from switching to the weird overhead map mode and back.

i still need to learn everyone's abilities though because i just see like "big green blob on the bombsite" and rush in to shoot whoever. maybe there are consequences? it doesnt matter if the other person is riddled with bullets

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
https://youtu.be/_Cu97mr7zcM

While some people do not like Riot for very valid reasons (farting on employees etc.), I appreciate how open they are being with Valorant and hope they are able to keep up the consistent open communication.

Also, I have no idea what they’re saying in this video but apparently it’s good?

kimcicle
Feb 23, 2003

jimmydalad posted:

https://youtu.be/_Cu97mr7zcM

While some people do not like Riot for very valid reasons (farting on employees etc.), I appreciate how open they are being with Valorant and hope they are able to keep up the consistent open communication.

Also, I have no idea what they’re saying in this video but apparently it’s good?

It shows how much the Valorant devs care about the gaming experience. CS:GO can run at 128 but still cap the official matchmaking servers to 64. I think CoD and Overwatch only run at 30-ish? Having a high tick rate really helps with making sure that what you see on your screen is as close as possible to the in-world state that exists on the server. Downside is that it requires beefier hardware for the game servers.

Also enjoy this chat log:

tildes
Nov 16, 2018

Parachute posted:

played my first game yesterday. i was brimstone but i really wouldnt matter because i think i used my smoke ability maybe twice and thats it.

I'd recommend using the smoke when you are doing the initial site take. You can cut off a lot of defenders and then take isolated fights instead of having to fight them all at once. It's a lot easier than having to just take a bunch of aim duels.

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
What's the best way to use smokes on defense? I usually just smoke off the entry points so they have to run through it

tildes
Nov 16, 2018

prom candy posted:

What's the best way to use smokes on defense? I usually just smoke off the entry points so they have to run through it

This would be the most common way to use them at least in CS. They basically buy you a certain amount of time where defenders are going to be at a big disadvantage if they push. So you can delay initial pushes, or throw right when you hear ppl coming to give others time to rotate and help you, or drop late round if they haven’t executed yet to make more time run out on them. Beyond that it can also be situationally good in tons of cases - e.g. cutting off angles when you’re retaking a site after spike is planted— but just consistently using smokes is a good step!

(This is all basically from counter strike, idk how it will develop in valorant long term)

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

kimcicle posted:

It shows how much the Valorant devs care about the gaming experience. CS:GO can run at 128 but still cap the official matchmaking servers to 64. I think CoD and Overwatch only run at 30-ish? Having a high tick rate really helps with making sure that what you see on your screen is as close as possible to the in-world state that exists on the server. Downside is that it requires beefier hardware for the game servers.

I er, don't think posting that is going to get the reaction you want

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

kimcicle posted:

wow that kimcicle guy is an rear end in a top hat

Tommu
Aug 4, 2019

O vanity of Sleep, Hope, Dream, endless Desire,
The Horses of Disaster plunge in the heavy clay
Agree with kimcicle tbh

Professorjuggalo
Oct 22, 2019

by Cyrano4747
Going 2:1 kdr on league of legend support players isn’t impressive my dear goons

kimcicle
Feb 23, 2003

hobbesmaster posted:

wow that kimcicle guy is an rear end in a top hat

I mean, what am I supposed to do? Let them win a few rounds so their feelings don't get hurt?

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 10 days!
lol u suck

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

kimcicle posted:

I mean, what am I supposed to do? Let them win a few rounds so their feelings don't get hurt?
nah see, you're right in the second half, people who complain about "sweats" are embarrassing, but saying "sorry but I'm not gonna trust the opinion of someone who's 2-11" makes you look like an rear end in a top hat

like maybe sometimes you do decide not to do what someone says because they don't seem very good/knowledgeable but keep it to yourself tbh

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
I'm fully agreeing with kimcicle here. You're not there to let the other guy win, if they're calling you sweaty they're mad as gently caress, have fun with that.

I'd forgotten how addicting it was to pop off in game and have your team go "ooooooooohhhhhhhhhhh" while you do it. This was a really, really hard fought game against a guy who was absolutely making GBS threads on us (he went like 44-something) but we managed to win via smart teamplay and the occasional operator pop off

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
no one is saying you're there to make sure the other team has fun

kimcicle
Feb 23, 2003

IronicDongz posted:

nah see, you're right in the second half, people who complain about "sweats" are embarrassing, but saying "sorry but I'm not gonna trust the opinion of someone who's 2-11" makes you look like an rear end in a top hat

like maybe sometimes you do decide not to do what someone says because they don't seem very good/knowledgeable but keep it to yourself tbh

Fair enough. I'm missing the part of the chat logs where he was calling our team trash ("that's not how you play jett") and cheaters at the same time higher up. I'll own up to being an rear end in a top hat for calling him out on his k:d though.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

does the valorant website eventually confirm that my twitch account is connected properly? twitch says it's connected but the valorant website still lists a "link accounts" button

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule
it's Sea of THIEVES VALORANT, you see, not Sea of FRIENDS

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 10 days!

kimcicle posted:

Fair enough. I'm missing the part of the chat logs where he was calling our team trash ("that's not how you play jett") and cheaters at the same time higher up. I'll own up to being an rear end in a top hat for calling him out on his k:d though.

if he was legit doing that then "gloves off"

kimcicle
Feb 23, 2003

Lutha Mahtin posted:

does the valorant website eventually confirm that my twitch account is connected properly? twitch says it's connected but the valorant website still lists a "link accounts" button

It should have the "link accounts" step grayed out on the playvalorant website.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

TIL context is important in determining the extent of assholitude.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
so wait do i need to watch streams or am i in the lottery if ive watched for two hours? how does this work?

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

so wait do i need to watch streams or am i in the lottery if ive watched for two hours? how does this work?

You're in the lottery if you've watched more than 2 hours.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

https://www.twitch.tv/teamliquid

In case anyone cares, Team Liquid’s CS team is playing against a bunch of prominent Valorant players like Shroud, Mendo and Aceu.

CS team is winning.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 10 days!
shouldve sent them against the devs instead

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

jimmydalad posted:

https://www.twitch.tv/teamliquid

In case anyone cares, Team Liquid’s CS team is playing against a bunch of prominent Valorant players like Shroud, Mendo and Aceu.

CS team is winning.

If you're throwing random streamers onto a team of course the organized team is going to win. You could probably put an OWL or even LCS team in there and have it be competitive.

Treser
Sep 2, 2013

It's not supposed to be safe

hobbesmaster posted:

If you're throwing random streamers onto a team of course the organized team is going to win. You could probably put an OWL or even LCS team in there and have it be competitive.

They're scrambling teams now for another game. Should at least be interesting.

Nevermind.

Treser fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Apr 14, 2020

Big McHuge
Feb 5, 2014

You wait for the war to happen like vultures.
If you want to help, prevent the war.
Don't save the remnants.

Save them all.
The good news is that I got in, the bad news is that my ancient CS skills are non-existent.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I am in Indiana but keep getting put on EUW servers. Any idea what is going on?

I had a super old League account before they went regionless. My account says that I am in North America, but I am skeptical.

edit: In case anyone runs into this issue. In game, go to the upper left tab > about > game shard. If it is wrong, submit a ticket to Riot Support. Some guy on reddit had luck tweeting Riot Support. I'll report back when mine is fixed to let you know what works.

merk fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Apr 14, 2020

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

kimcicle posted:

It should have the "link accounts" step grayed out on the playvalorant website.

yeah, that ain't happening for me. i submitted a ticket but lmao at the idea that riot cares about an account that last gave them money during the first half of the obama administration

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
My friend has been watching streams for like 5 days now and still no key, some people must just be on the poo poo list. I got mine after 36 hours.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Hey, does uninstalling Valorant get rid of all the anti-cheat stuff?

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

Studio posted:

Hey, does uninstalling Valorant get rid of all the anti-cheat stuff?

No you have to manually do that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

interrodactyl posted:

No you have to manually do that.

Extremely gross. That's just Riot Vanguard right?