Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
icr hasn't done anything yet but has been around to comment on stuff, i will assign them two(2) scumbo points for this. three more and he can redeem them at the prize counter for a free lunch.

i'm thinkin' about hal. his frustration feels genuine, but that could really go either way at this point. im kind of weirded out by the last couple interactions we have bc i don't really understand why a townie would make them. like, comment on the tracker thing, don't just ask me to clarify my point right? i feel like throwing out questions like that is a good way to generate content as scum. i feel kinda bad but i think i'm comfortable leaving my vote on hal for now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Somberbrero posted:

Normally a question like that has more of a point is all! I don't know what more you want me to say besides 'bleh it sucks! bleh!' If you want me to vote murmur here, i need a little more spice on that meatball.

Well there isn't much yet and I don't think it's more compelling than vimes, just think she's someone to keep an eye on.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Somberbrero posted:

icr hasn't done anything yet but has been around to comment on stuff, i will assign them two(2) scumbo points for this. three more and he can redeem them at the prize counter for a free lunch.

i'm thinkin' about hal. his frustration feels genuine, but that could really go either way at this point. im kind of weirded out by the last couple interactions we have bc i don't really understand why a townie would make them. like, comment on the tracker thing, don't just ask me to clarify my point right? i feel like throwing out questions like that is a good way to generate content as scum. i feel kinda bad but i think i'm comfortable leaving my vote on hal for now.

I did comment on it right after, but it's such a meh claim that there isn't much to say about it. Which is exactly why I asked you because you phrased it as if something about the claim was inherently scummy and I wanted you to explain that better.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

my take was very similar to somberbrero's, that it was a claim that doesn't really ring as Definitely Town

Hal Incandenza posted:

I guess it's just the way you worded it, like the claim itself didn't sound townie to you because of something he said

but i can see how hal gets to this point

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Hal Incandenza posted:

How do you feel about MMT now that she posted more? I didn't really like the GK case, it felt very generic like a mafia case template with some buzzwords thrown in and names filled into the blanks

something about this post bugs me, i think it's the "posted more" in reaction to a single post

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Captain Foo posted:

something about this post bugs me, i think it's the "posted more" in reaction to a single post

Well the original callout on her (which admittedly was by KB and not somber) was when she had only posted once. She did post a few other things this morning before the GK case later today.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Murmur Twin posted:

##vote GK

He doesn't read like someone who doesn't know Grandi's alignment. He claims to have a town read there (why?), and then when he points out something scummy, he frames it as "town but bad" without making a case.

Beyond that, I feel like his reads on other people are very surface-level: his vote is on SSV for a "manufactured" post, and then he basically comments on a bunch of posts without really following up on anything.

ah, i was reading it more as an immediate reaction to this post

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Captain Foo posted:

ah, i was reading it more as an immediate reaction to this post

Well that IS what called my attention to it, but she had also made a pretty meh grandi case earlier and tossed some driveby suspicion on me to add on to the earlier stuff from KB/somber that was pretty weak coming after the original callout by KB

Really I should be pressing KB more on this since he didn't mention her again today even though she had more content and specifically defended him but somber was around so that's why I asked him.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Somberbrero posted:

I'm really curious what you mean by this Bif. I've definitely been goofing off more than usual because i'm having fun, but I don't understand the point you're making re: sizzle. Can you provide some examples and connect them to your point?

Was there more to that? I felt like there was more to that earlier, but that might have just been a result of reading on mobile.

The beans and rice post was an example. Just how you're getting in a lot of quirky tone in a lot of your posts that seems to stand out more than your content itself at times.

Having a fun tone to your posts doesn't hurt on its own which is why I only had super vague feelings about it at first, but when you bothered to say Steak was all about the sizzle I thought it was funny cause it summed you up way better.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Ok that was my like 10 minutes of lunch break just for that farewell

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Bifauxnen posted:

The beans and rice post was an example. Just how you're getting in a lot of quirky tone in a lot of your posts that seems to stand out more than your content itself at times.

Having a fun tone to your posts doesn't hurt on its own which is why I only had super vague feelings about it at first, but when you bothered to say Steak was all about the sizzle I thought it was funny cause it summed you up way better.

Thank you I am very funny and I'm sorry that I'm so clever and nice that it's distracting from my good casework 😊

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

WRT Vime's claim. Doesn't everyone have a shine power? Tracker is not indicative of alignment at all? If they are scum, they can just track a person that isn't going to do the kill, report the results and ride town cred because town love claimed power roles, whether or not they are indicative of alignment at all.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

I like Murmur's case on GK. I like it less than the SSV case, but GK rockets up my scumspects. Hal slips to 3, foo is 4.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Grandicap posted:

WRT Vime's claim. Doesn't everyone have a shine power? Tracker is not indicative of alignment at all? If they are scum, they can just track a person that isn't going to do the kill, report the results and ride town cred because town love claimed power roles, whether or not they are indicative of alignment at all.

i mean, do you really think it's impossible that we dunk ssv tomorrow?

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Somberbrero posted:

i mean, do you really think it's impossible that we dunk ssv tomorrow?

Of course not, but I historically see town shy away from lunching claimed powerroles. Whether or not the claim has any bearing on their alignment. So it isn't impossible, and if there is a better target, point me at them, but that claim is not dissuading me in the slightest.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Hal Incandenza posted:

Well that IS what called my attention to it, but she had also made a pretty meh grandi case earlier and tossed some driveby suspicion on me to add on to the earlier stuff from KB/somber that was pretty weak coming after the original callout by KB

Really I should be pressing KB more on this since he didn't mention her again today even though she had more content and specifically defended him but somber was around so that's why I asked him.

I'm still assessing. She hasn't sold me yet. I'd rather not go after her if I don't have to since we sometimes fight in mafia games in an unproductive way.

When she makes posts, they are very MMT town seeming, but there is something I can't put my finger on that is throwing me off. It might be how they keep jumping around with no update on her previous opinions/reads? Like she continues to try to find the thing that people will jump onto?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I'm not sure I'm fully following the GK case.

Murmur Twin posted:

He doesn't read like someone who doesn't know Grandi's alignment. He claims to have a town read there (why?), and then when he points out something scummy, he frames it as "town but bad" without making a case.

Like, can you clarify here? Are you saying GK has a town read of Grandi that is unjustified? Can you quote where that is happening? I just spent some time going through his posts to try and see where this part is coming from and I just am not seeing it.

If I had to give you GK's alignment calls based on the last few posts he made, this is what it looks like to me:

He thinks SSV is scum.
He is lean scum on Steak(worried that his recent posts are coming from too town a perspective to be scum like he thought originally, but not fully convinced).
He is lean scum on Hal.
He is lean scum on Foo.
He is starting to lean scum on Grandi, where he was maybe null before.

Like I'm assuming, your quotes are supposed to be where it is happening, but I'm seeing something vastly different then you are, there. I can go through those posts with my own translation if you think it will be helpful.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

I don't want to undercut your questioning of MMT, but the way I read the case was that GK thought my steak stuff wasn't adding to scum hunting and was largely worthless. And then said I was bad town for it.
The part about me being town was a baseline for GK. The only way to come at it from that angle was that GK knew my alignment because he is a scum.

George Kansas posted:

Yeah I agree with this and I had largely the same reaction to that post that you did. I find the suspicion of you re: your reaction to steak's post weird! Though I'm not sure I find it scummy.

George Kansas posted:

he has made it clear he doesn't think steak is scum, which i think is very funny. i wasn't suspicious of grandi before but i don't think it's very town mindset to make such detailed effortposts about someone you don't think is scum

George Kansas posted:

page 73 of my treatise on why a player whomst i believe to be town, is bad

But no followup on actual suspicion of me for my not very town mindset. I can see it.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Grandicap posted:

I don't want to undercut your questioning of MMT, but the way I read the case was that GK thought my steak stuff wasn't adding to scum hunting and was largely worthless. And then said I was bad town for it.
The part about me being town was a baseline for GK. The only way to come at it from that angle was that GK knew my alignment because he is a scum.

But no followup on actual suspicion of me for my not very town mindset. I can see it.

No it's fine, you also agreed with the case, so I was also curious if this post would get you to comment.

Won't bother requoting since your post is still right there.

My interpretation of the first post you quoted: "I agreed with Grandi's initial reaction to Steak's post and found the reactions to Grandi's reaction weird, but not necessarily scummy" -- There is no alignment call here that I can see. If anything, it is Null, since GK doesn't think people going after Grandi for it are scummy.

second post you quoted: "Grandi has made it very clear he thinks Steak is town. This has led me to lean a bit scum on Grandi, since what town would spend this much effort calling out bad town?" -- Alignment call here is Grandi, lean scum.

Third post you quoted: "I'm now making fun of Grandi, to emphasize my point. This is what Grandi would say." -- Alignment call here is still Grandi, lean scum.

---

So we partly seem to agree on this read. In that we both think GK thinks you were bad for this. But where do you get that he thinks you are bad TOWN?

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

I guess it's the "not very town" mindset part. That's as negative as he gets. Initial post is "I'm not sure I find it scummy".
He is not calling me not town. It feels like he is giving me a wristslap for engaging in not town behavior, rather than not being town.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
The amount of effort posting itt sweet jesus

Murmur Twin posted:

Save it for endgame imo

But yeah Moat is pinging me, there's a whole bunch of posts in his history without any real content yet.

Are you scum claiming here mmt? Trust that I haven't forgotten this game.

Also remember that I had your number in NOLA shine

Captain Foo posted:

i forgot MT was in this game entirely lmao

Baaaad post

I like the SSV case but his claim gives me pause. Ssv why did you claim with so much time left

Some :kingsley:hot takes:kingsley:

Foo is pinging me for scum

The king b and Hal exchange feels off to me. I think one of them is scum

I feel confident bif is town

That's it atm, but hell I'm here now and caught up ama

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Also let me throw a vote down for the record

##vote foo

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Grandicap posted:

I guess it's the "not very town" mindset part. That's as negative as he gets. Initial post is "I'm not sure I find it scummy".
He is not calling me not town. It feels like he is giving me a wristslap for engaging in not town behavior, rather than not being town.

Yeah, you know what, if the case is that GK is being very cautious about making it explicit what he thinks your actual alignment is, that is a case I could get behind. I read it as him throwing shade your way, but it was very light.

I'm curious what he has to say to all this.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Moatillata posted:

You are correct! It's Hal!

Moatillata posted:

Also let me throw a vote down for the record

##vote foo

Sell me on this. Was it just that one post?

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

King Burgundy posted:

You are correct! It's Hal!

Sell me on this. Was it just that one post?

More or less.

Also he just parked his vote on me feels like he's burying it

Additionally his posting just reads like sideline sniping to me

Not a whole that there tbh

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

I liked the KB Hal convo on both fronts, made me feel better about both actually.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Grandicap posted:

I liked the KB Hal convo on both fronts, made me feel better about both actually.

Well I'm happy for you then

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Moatillata posted:

Well I'm happy for you then

I'm happy that you're happy Moat. Makes me happy.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Moatillata posted:

The amount of effort posting itt sweet jesus

Are you scum claiming here mmt? Trust that I haven't forgotten this game.

Also remember that I had your number in NOLA shine

Baaaad post

I like the SSV case but his claim gives me pause. Ssv why did you claim with so much time left

Some :kingsley:hot takes:kingsley:

Foo is pinging me for scum

I feel confident bif is town

That's it atm, but hell I'm here now and caught up ama

Not a fan of throwing out takes without giving actual reasoning for doing so, just makes you look like you have opinions without any actual work or reading.

Also, acting all surprised about me claiming seems checks notes for the new meta "performative" seeing as it's pretty obvious that I claimed because I'm 4/7 of the way to a hang.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

SirSamVimes posted:

Not a fan of throwing out takes without giving actual reasoning for doing so, just makes you look like you have opinions without any actual work or reading.

Also, acting all surprised about me claiming seems checks notes for the new meta "performative" seeing as it's pretty obvious that I claimed because I'm 4/7 of the way to a hang.

With 19hrs left in the game my friend

it's d1 poo poo swings back and forth like crazy we all know this don't act like I'm being performative that's just disingenuous of you

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

I agree with Vimes here. It might have been like 1 vote too early for a claim, but it wasn't absurd. The problem is that the claim is not indicative of alignment. But the action of claiming made a whole lotta sense.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Actual from RIGHT NOW is 19hrs you had even more time

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Especially with the lights out rules, it incentivizes lunching early to get another one in.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

actually I had until three more people voted me, which could be a lot less than 19 hours very easily

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

SirSamVimes posted:

actually I had until three more people voted me, which could be a lot less than 19 hours very easily

Lol you have no idea

##force the SSV issue

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Moatillata posted:

Lol you have no idea

##force the SSV issue

Pardon?

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Now we wait for the day action to resolve.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

It all happens so fast, with unheard voices lending themselves to the already-building hue and cry. But the deed is done, and one of the nooses is filled. Three more await.

:cheers: SirSamVimes has been executed! :cheers:

:cheers: Day 4 continues. Votes have been reset. Deadline is 7 PM EDT, Thursday 16-APR. [~42 hours]
:cheers:

:siren: The execution method is LIMITED LIGHTS OUT. You may execute up to four three more times today, with the deadline extended by 24/12/6 hours with each of the first three next two executions respectively. Results of the execution(s) will be available at day's end. A majority ##vote no execute will end the day early. If you are executed, stop posting immediately - no exceptions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
:beerpal: Votecount for Day 4 :beerpal:

Not Voting (12): Bifauxnen, Captain Foo, George Kansas, Grandicap, Hal Incandenza, Iron Chef Ramen, King Burgundy, merk, Moatillata, Mr. Steak, Murmur Twin, Somberbrero :rubshands:

With 12 people still alive, it takes 7 votes to execute.
The current deadline is April 16th, 2020 at 7 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 day, 18 hours.