Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
I don't like how sandwolf is moving his vote around... Kinda feels anyone but xopods.

Anyways time to confirm xopod's alignment.

##vote xopods

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MisterJed
May 9, 2004

Can we let xopods claim and bminus post their thoughts before hammering

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

MisterJed posted:

Can we let xopods claim and bminus post their thoughts before hammering

we'd have to wait until the heat death of the universe for binus' reads

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Sandwolf posted:

we'd have to wait until the heat death of the universe for binus' reads

Funny because it's true

MisterJed
May 9, 2004

b-minus1 posted:

Hey guys sorry I haven’t been engaged. I’ll have more time this afternoon/evening

He’ll be around this afternoon and evening. We gave him a pass earlier for what was a very sincere looking town claim, but I would really like to get their thoughts so we can better evaluate him once we see the flip

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

MisterJed posted:

He’ll be around this afternoon and evening. We gave him a pass earlier for what was a very sincere looking town claim, but I would really like to get their thoughts so we can better evaluate him once we see the flip

oh you sweet summer child

xopods
Oct 26, 2010

Tommu posted:

You should probs go read what i actually said at the time.

Yes, I understand now, I just misread because I was going quickly and misremembered that post as having been about me. I was just about to close the thread and get to work when I saw Sand suggest you as Scum and just did a quick skim cause I didn't remember having noticed you much either way.

xopods
Oct 26, 2010

This is so stupid. At least half the votes on me have no stated justification at all. Now we have Toal getting on because he thinks it's suspicious that Sandwolf is moving his vote around too much?

Have you noticed that the people who don't want to lunch me are mostly the people actually putting effort into the game? I've been lunched by a lot of lazy Towns, but this is literally the laziest I've ever seen.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

xopods posted:

This is so stupid. At least half the votes on me have no stated justification at all. Now we have Toal getting on because he thinks it's suspicious that Sandwolf is moving his vote around too much?

Have you noticed that the people who don't want to lunch me are mostly the people actually putting effort into the game? I've been lunched by a lot of lazy Towns, but this is literally the laziest I've ever seen.

The word is chill xopods, not lazy, chill.

xopods
Oct 26, 2010

I'm not going to claim. I have a power, but I don't think you're really going to lunch me and it's more useful if I don't reveal it. And probably not so good that it will save me from getting hammered by anyone stupid enough to think this is a good lunch.

I think the Scum plan here is just to leave me close to lunch until I claim, then some of the lazy votes are going to move off me, we'll lunch someone else, but Scum got some free information out of me. Dunno if Toal's part of that or just an idiot.

If you do lunch me, don't forget what I said about MisterJed being coached. Look at his posting. Nobody is ever as reasonable as he is their first game. Either he's been reading tons of games before signing up for one, or he's some kind of Mafia prodigy, or he's being coached. I just gave him a pass today cause that's what we do with newbies D1.

Other scum are Jump and either Toal or YPM.

xopods
Oct 26, 2010

Like Grandi, I also have a D&D game tonight, starting in a few minutes and running for at least two hours. Deadline is crazy late for me so I won't be around that long, but I'll be back in about two hours to see if I'm dead and if not, where we're at.

I prefer a Jump lunch but I'll move to YPM when I get back if that seems like the way we're going. I'm just uncomfortable about it cause I think it's what Scump wants, but like I said before, it doesn't necessarily make YPM town.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Lol

Also my pronouns are they and them.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
Whoa a lot has happened in the last few hours

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

xopods posted:

I'm not going to claim. I have a power, but I don't think you're really going to lunch me and it's more useful if I don't reveal it. And probably not so good that it will save me from getting hammered by anyone stupid enough to think this is a good lunch.

I think the Scum plan here is just to leave me close to lunch until I claim, then some of the lazy votes are going to move off me, we'll lunch someone else, but Scum got some free information out of me. Dunno if Toal's part of that or just an idiot.

If you do lunch me, don't forget what I said about MisterJed being coached. Look at his posting. Nobody is ever as reasonable as he is their first game. Either he's been reading tons of games before signing up for one, or he's some kind of Mafia prodigy, or he's being coached. I just gave him a pass today cause that's what we do with newbies D1.

If you’re really town, why wouldn’t you claim at this point?

I’ll take a look at jed

MisterJed
May 9, 2004

b-minus1 posted:

If you’re really town, why wouldn’t you claim at this point?

I’ll take a look at jed

Feel free to look at my posts but also other posts, thanks!

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

MisterJed posted:

Me saying “thanks” twice in the same post is a scumtell isn’t it

Yes it is.

MisterJed posted:

Which of you is the mafia

It’s you.

MisterJed posted:

Ya know who likes old friends from the old days? Members of the mafia
Haha oh man how about that mafia right guys

MisterJed posted:

This is the extent of your posting since the day began, what gives ##vote b-minus1
Nothing wrong with this vote. I haven’t contributed much today.

MisterJed posted:

I’m not a returning person, this is my first time playing mafia

Hey guys I’m new

b-minus1 posted:

##vote jed for that terrible Grandi vote
Lol I forgot I voted jed here

MisterJed posted:

So if it’s just a thing that bee posts uselessly during day one and everyone accepts it, ok, but I don’t see how it benefits town
Mafia is serious business guys we can’t afford to waste any time gotta find the scum

MisterJed posted:

I don’t get these xopods votes. There are other players who have more plainly avoided making reads, or doing much at all, so I don’t get why there’s pressure in xopods in particular. And then I see that two of the people I’m suspicious about (bminus and NLK) are either voting or considering voting for him, and things start hanging together

This looks like you are giving yourself an out if we lunch xopods and they flip town

I did this quickly. Definitely leaning scum on jed. I still think xopods should consider claiming however.

Tommu
Aug 4, 2019

O vanity of Sleep, Hope, Dream, endless Desire,
The Horses of Disaster plunge in the heavy clay

MisterJed posted:

Feel free to look at my posts but also other posts, thanks!

i love you jed

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

B- do not pick on Jed!

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
pick on jed, throw him through the ringer

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
*that simpson picture of the two monkeys where the two pictures are labelled jeb and bee minus and were all cheering for them*

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

flerp posted:

*that simpson picture of the two monkeys where the two monkeys are labelled jeb and bee minus and were all cheering for them*

important mafia edit

MisterJed
May 9, 2004

Pick on me all you want gang, but three of those are joke posts and the rest of the case is bad

MisterJed
May 9, 2004

b-minus1 posted:

Mafia is serious business guys we can’t afford to waste any time gotta find the scum

Like what are you even saying here

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
Jed owns

MisterJed
May 9, 2004

What does everyone think of the case on Jump King

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

MisterJed posted:

Ironically, I don't think it has legs.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

MisterJed posted:

I like it, and it actually made me look at it in a different way. I do however disagree with your point about JK panic voting me, there wasn’t really any pressure on him to do that. I suppose he could’ve realized that he was trapping himself with his internal logic, but I don’t think he would really actually be worried about that.

In the end, I think JK trying to make it between me and xopods is cause to vote for him, but I think xopod is the stronger case. Xopod misrepresented my posting history and hasn’t engaged with me when I tried to talk to him about JK, along with the earlier things I already talked about.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

MisterJed posted:

Your case? It ok, but why do you think JK couldn't vote xopods? I don't think someone like JK would panic vote YPM there. It looks more like JK really thought YPM was the scummier one.

I'd look at JK more tomorrow maybe but not really feeling it now. Keep making cases though!

MisterJed
May 9, 2004

Hal Incandenza posted:

Your case? It ok, but why do you think JK couldn't vote xopods? I don't think someone like JK would panic vote YPM there. It looks more like JK really thought YPM was the scummier one.

I'd look at JK more tomorrow maybe but not really feeling it now. Keep making cases though!

I meant the broader case, mine plus xopods.

JK would be reluctant to vote for xopods because it would look like retaliation, plus a YPM vote would more effectively take pressure off him.

MisterJed
May 9, 2004

Toalpaz posted:

Ironically, I don't think it has legs.

Love this!

Tommu
Aug 4, 2019

Shut UP JED

MisterJed
May 9, 2004

Tommu posted:

Shut UP JED

Ok. I’ll be awake for another hour or so to vote if needed

Tommu
Aug 4, 2019

Sorry that was unwarranted

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

MisterJed posted:

I meant the broader case, mine plus xopods.

JK would be reluctant to vote for xopods because it would look like retaliation, plus a YPM vote would more effectively take pressure off him.

Yeah same general idea. I didn't like when JK said it but their reaction after seemed fine. I think they fit in with YPM "at least it's informative"

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

Tommu posted:

Shut UP JED

yeah get him

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Still no claim..

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
oh i didnt notice but were back to -1

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I'm really trying to convince myself to vote xopods so the day will end, but I'm just having trouble doing it. Why would a scum xopods do what he's done so far basically?

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

xopods posted:

Should I claim? I feel like some of the votes on me weren't made with a whole lot of conviction, and I don't want to claim unnecessarily, but I also don't want to die without claiming.

Before anyone hammers please ensure that everyone currently voting actually intends to lunch me, and then signal your intent so that I can claim. For the good of the Town. Because I am Town, as always.

xopods posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Ok so he dangles the claim out initially when he's not at risk and then when he super is at risk and about to be away from the game for 2 hours he doesn't, just saying "it's actually better if i don't claim"