Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
https://twitter.com/metalinjection/status/1253324503335047177

Rational Clown Posse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Imagine if a political party cared about even just their own voters as much as ICP do their fans.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/emilybell/status/1253461592286650368

This is going to end in a breakup, part 2.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

I didn’t understand Dethklok until 2016. Nathan Explosion is an awesome version of Drumpf.

brutal

Flint_Paper
Jun 7, 2004

This isn't cool at all Looshkin! These are dark forces you're titting about with!

I think this guy is a goon. He does a bunch of gaming podcasts, and I really appreciate that like 30% of the time is spent saying "do not tweet us about this". Dude knows how audience.

Shut up Meg
Jan 8, 2019

You're safe here.

Inceltown posted:

Imagine if a political party cared about even just their own voters as much as ICP do their fans.

It bothers me that these literal clowns are more scientifically rational, intelligent and morally correct than the political leaders of at least four countries at the moment.

and that's not even a 'hot take', it's objectively correct.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Shut up Meg posted:

It bothers me that these literal clowns are more scientifically rational, intelligent and morally correct than the political leaders of at least four countries at the moment.

Their first corona video was literally a how to on eating dirty snow to build your immune system. That's not a joke btw. Yet they are still objectively better at understanding how to stop the virus than the government.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

It pains me to say after all these years, but ICP owns like hell.

Shut up Meg
Jan 8, 2019

You're safe here.

Inceltown posted:

Their first corona video was literally a how to on eating dirty snow to build your immune system. That's not a joke btw. Yet they are still objectively better at understanding how to stop the virus than the government.

Kenning posted:

This is what hurts my head. They are literal clowns and they have a long reputation as dumbfucks and yet they are still the Sane Choice

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Kenning posted:

Unironically this, they spread goodwill and their fans are weirdos but appearantly friendly as hell and there's nothing more important imho.

OrthoTrot
Dec 10, 2006
Its either Trotsky or its Notsky

Hartlepool has a mascot called Hangus the monkey, named after the time a monkey washed ashore in a shipwreck and the townspeople hanged it as a French spy. They had never seen a French person before.

Anyway, the guy in the suit was quite well known in Hartlepool. In 2002 he became the first elected mayor of the town, running on a platform of free bananas for all schoolchildren.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Shut up Meg posted:

This is what hurts my head. They are literal clowns and they have a long reputation as dumbfucks and yet they are still the Sane Choice

They're still incredibly dumb and there are still other people in the world. We're not actually forced to choose between Donald Trump and Violent J. When it comes to whose advice we should listen to or whose behaviour we should emulate, the answer here is neither. In the unlikely scenario that you find yourself in conversation with a Trump-supporting ICP fan who's not sure which of them to listen to, then you can recommend Violent J. But that's about the only time the choice should ever come up.

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

I'm loving dying thinking about Gritty point-blanking someone with a t-shirt cannon.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
https://twitter.com/AlbertBurneko/status/1253675924123508737

time travel is possible. will explain later

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
https://twitter.com/monsterreese/status/1253487074759581697

https://twitter.com/mattyglesias/status/1253630186400202752

Dick Trauma has a new favorite as of 15:10 on Apr 24, 2020

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I mean, usually at The Gathering a few juggalos die before the first band even take the stage.

mds2
Apr 8, 2004

Australia: 131114
Canada: 18662773553
Germany: 08001810771
India: 8888817666
Japan: 810352869090
Russia: 0078202577577
UK: 08457909090
US: 1-800-273-8255

Popcorn price is pretty on par.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

https://mobile.twitter.com/bransonreese/status/1253145071135920128

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Tiggum posted:

They're still incredibly dumb and there are still other people in the world. We're not actually forced to choose between Donald Trump and Violent J. When it comes to whose advice we should listen to or whose behaviour we should emulate, the answer here is neither. In the unlikely scenario that you find yourself in conversation with a Trump-supporting ICP fan who's not sure which of them to listen to, then you can recommend Violent J. But that's about the only time the choice should ever come up.

Violent J may be an idiot, but he's far from a malicious idiot.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
It’s not just Trump Biden also said gathers were fine as long as you vote for him

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Tiggum posted:

Violent J's behavior of being a good father should emulated

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
It's OK, it's Tiggum, there's literally no possible way to be less humorous than them.

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

If blood be the price of admiralty,
Lord God, we ha' paid in full!

Son of Rodney posted:

Unironically this, they spread goodwill and their fans are weirdos but appearantly friendly as hell and there's nothing more important imho.

Listening To them talking poo poo to Sharon Osbourne on Howard Stern years ago was hilarious, In full clown make up

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
https://twitter.com/Lubchansky/status/1253692038471704577

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

https://twitter.com/DanWilbur/status/1253705434780893184

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://mobile.twitter.com/deathbybadger/status/1253333819169501185

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Is... is that part about sunlight even true? :psyduck:

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

I think that there is scientific evidence that warm weather impedes coronavirus spread, although I don't know if that's related to heat or sunlight (or if we even know, the coronavirus family is apparently very mysterious).

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

Frog puns are toadally awesome

Mak0rz posted:

Is... is that part about sunlight even true? :psyduck:

Yes, at least some studies have shown that COVID-19 detectability rapidly decreases with exposure to UV, with high heat and moisture also helping. Basically, viruses are not meant to exist outside of hosts for long, their evolution doesn't prepare them for that, so the virions become non-viable at a steady rate in those environments, and these same features were seen in SARS. The only thing though is that surface transmission has not been the main reason vector for spreading the virus, it's being close to other people who are shedding it in droplets and as an aerosol. Being outside impedes, but it doesn't mean you should get close to people because UV effects are not instantaneous. The risk is still going to be people with no symptoms super spreading it around to all their volleyball friends.

I do love the idea of shoving a UV light into someone and just watching their organs start to liquify, especially if it was a UVC light. OR you could get dialysis going and treat their blood with UV and destroy all the hemoglobin.

Beelzebufo has a new favorite as of 17:00 on Apr 24, 2020

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
He also said just very powerful light, so really you can just stand in front of a spotlight and get cured

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

He also said just very powerful light, so really you can just stand in front of a spotlight and get cured

Super Trouper beams are gonna cure me/
So I won't feel blue/
Like I always do/
'Cause COVID19 is through!

Shut up Meg
Jan 8, 2019

You're safe here.

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

The sun is powerful.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

The Little Death posted:

Yes, at least some studies have shown that COVID-19 detectability rapidly decreases with exposure to UV, with high heat and moisture also helping. Basically, viruses are not meant to exist outside of hosts for long, their evolution doesn't prepare them for that, so the virions become non-viable at a steady rate in those environments, and these same features were seen in SARS. The only thing though is that surface transmission has not been the main reason vector for spreading the virus, it's being close to other people who are shedding it in droplets and as an aerosol. Being outside impedes, but it doesn't mean you should get close to people because UV effects are not instantaneous. The risk is still going to be people with no symptoms super spreading it around to all their volleyball friends.

I do love the idea of shoving a UV light into someone and just watching their organs start to liquify, especially if it was a UVC light. OR you could get dialysis going and treat their blood with UV and destroy all the hemoglobin.

I think it's mostly part of a panoply of factors that make colds/flu much less widespread in the summer months. Even if you're talking about droplet/aerosol dispersion being outside is better, because dispersion of aerosols/clouds is much more rapid, and if you HAD to have a gathering of many people I'm sure the mean distance between persons would be larger outside rather than inside.

That being said it's a super dangerous statement since it could be interpreted as "You can't be infected if you're outside!"

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Shut up Meg posted:

https://twitter.com/CoronaCoreanici/status/1253414154578227200

Fanged Lawn Wormy
Jan 4, 2008

SQUEAK! SQUEAK! SQUEAK!
IIRC, the most of the useful 'disinfecting' types of UV are blocked by the atmosphere, so it really can't do much. But it does get you out of shared ventilation systems and theoretically distance you from others more.

Also, having messed around with UVC lamps for work, DO NOT gently caress AROUND with UVC.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Fanged Lawn Wormy posted:

Also, having messed around with UVC lamps for work, DO NOT gently caress AROUND with UVC.

Yeah, stick that poo poo right down your throat to kill the COVID, stop loving around.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Posted one month ago

https://twitter.com/TheOnion/status/1242899581924446212

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Elviscat posted:

"You can't be infected if you're outside!"

Thnak god we're saved!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

https://twitter.com/LolOverruled/status/1253532196993982464