Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/TODAYonline/status/1252771874989203457

Let the culling of celebrities begin, sorry we had to start here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
https://www.instagram.com/p/B_Y8WIhgEN3/?igshid=1jc6j6gskup40

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

facetoucher cat posted:

lmao at the future (which is now :vince:)

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

facetoucher cat posted:

I like how they left out "try" or "attempt" in that headline

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

weather changes moods

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
There's a little Tom Hanks in all of us :gbsmith:

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

wow tom hanks saved america time 2 go to golden corral and stick my hands in all the food like normal thank u captain phillips

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

the fake laws dont protect u anymore soros i know my rights thank you mr hank

seattle plague rat
Apr 6, 2020
goddam ccelebrities cutting good hardworking americans out of the used blood market

my antibodies can compete same as any but no hanks is at the front of the line

well fine, gently caress em ill sell it on etsy

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
The lack of accurate numbers and tests really sucks but it's a fundamentally political problem and the countries/regions with better testing regimes have provided us priceless data on the way this disease moves through a population. The numbers will never be perfect but they can be improved to a point where they are much more useful, and right now this is being deliberately suppressed in much of the US lol.

A lot of the virgin/chad or 'goes brrrr' memes are designed to make 'doing nothing' seem like the optimal response to tough situations and I think this serves some p reactionary causes well bc gently caress genx 'lol nothing matters' ennui imo

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

please president xi save us

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

shovelbum posted:

The lack of accurate numbers and tests really sucks but it's a fundamentally political problem and the countries/regions with better testing regimes have provided us priceless data on the way this disease moves through a population. The numbers will never be perfect but they can be improved to a point where they are much more useful, and right now this is being deliberately suppressed in much of the US lol.

A lot of the virgin/chad or 'goes brrrr' memes are designed to make 'doing nothing' seem like the optimal response to tough situations and I think this serves some p reactionary causes well bc gently caress genx 'lol nothing matters' ennui imo

i heard we had accurate numbers but they were stolen by feral cats

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

facetoucher cat posted:

This is a cover for them trying get Epstein's DNA inside all of us

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
In February I had to go to the ER because my BP was 182/120 and I was semi-delirious.

For context, I'm a healthy, active 6'5" 39 year old. I'm on Lisinopril because I just have poo poo blood pressure as most people my size do. As part of my health regimen I've avoided salt and don't eat sodium-loaded packaged food. For a few weeks before my hospital trip I was getting cramps so I was pounding bananas and oranges and raisins and all kinds of potassium-rich food.

So the ER runs my blood panels, and I'm expecting to hear I eat too much salt and my liver is dying and I have kidney failure, etc.

My nurse comes in and asks about my diet, I run her through all that, waiting for the bomb to drop.

She tells me I'm healthy as a horse but my sodium level is catastrophically low. That's it. So she gives me an IV of wide open normal saline and I get a doctor's advice to start putting salt on my food.

I leave feeling pretty good and go home and just loving annihilate some leftover taco meat with a heaping spoon of salt and I feel like a million bucks.

Absolutely wild. And that's why I owe the ER $2,000. Salt paranoia.

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

i eat trash and i love it, dominos pizza every day

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

saints gambit posted:

Tell us more about your hot vet.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

trump trying to stop the deep state

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Iron Crowned posted:

you looking at a mirror: "Look at me: I am the Tom Hanks now"

corn haver
Mar 28, 2020

facetoucher cat posted:

tom, thanks

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

Spinz posted:

When I finally went to a doctor after 20 yrs my BP was 180 over 110 all the time no poo poo
It's 135 over 85 rn no meds and I'm 50.
You can do this and it's shockingly simple. Quit smoking this second. (I did cold effing turkey) Cut salt way the gently caress down and start eating a poo poo ton of roasted veggies. Can you get boxes delivered by chance, or just load the gently caress up when you shop, fresh and frozen because the point is to lose weight and eat healthy.

Just 10 POUNDS will noticeably help your BP.

Probably should get on losartan not Lisinopril but that's up to your doctor. The idea is to get off meds after you've done all this -- I was able to and again I'm 50 and smoked for 30 YEARS with untreated high BP for 20 of it.

Start exercising if you aren't. I dropped 35 lbs just walking fast and gorging on veggies. The beauty of salads and veggies is you can eat a fuckton and still lose weight.

If you are an alcoholic or do coke or meth then it's way harder obviously. Pm me if you want to talk about any of this. BP CAN be fixed in the great majority of cases hooray.

I have normal blood pressure but a medication I take is for high blood pressure and I have to take it before bed because once it starts kicking in whoo boy it’s a loving ride into oblivion. Gotta get in a prone position before the inescapable sinking sensation takes over or I’m in for a real bad time. Just felt like sharing because it’s scary.

Amazing cloning work!

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

You owe the ER $2000 because we have a lovely profit-motive healthcare system

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

Alan Smithee posted:

you looking at a mirror: "Look at me: I am the Tom Hanks now"

Sure that's the start, but the more you think about that the more the Hanks blood gains in strength until you become linked into the Hanksweb. Soon we shall all be of the Hanks.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Mons Hubris posted:

tbh I’m getting a little depressed at all the no immunity news the past few days

no evidence of immunity is not the same as evidence of no immunity

seattle plague rat
Apr 6, 2020

In February I had to go to the ER because my BP was 182/120 and I was semi-delirious.

For context, I'm a healthy, active 6'5" 39 year old. I'm on Lisinopril because I just have poo poo blood pressure as most people my size do. As part of my health regimen I've avoided salt and don't eat sodium-loaded packaged food. For a few weeks before my hospital trip I was getting cramps so I was pounding bananas and oranges and raisins and all kinds of potassium-rich food.

So the ER runs my blood panels, and I'm expecting to hear I eat too much salt and my liver is dying and I have kidney failure, etc.

My nurse comes in and asks about my diet, I run her through all that, waiting for the bomb to drop.

She tells me I'm healthy as a horse but my sodium level is catastrophically low. That's it. So she gives me an IV of wide open normal saline and I get a doctor's advice to start putting salt on my food.

I leave feeling pretty good and go home and just loving annihilate some leftover taco meat with a heaping spoon of salt and I feel like a million bucks.

lol u got prescribed a salt lick

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

Barkley Shut Up and Jam Gaiden sequel looking good

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
Before I could check the day's news I sat there refreshing until the number said this, refusing to read any of the thread beforehand

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

Iron Crowned posted:

argggh gotta pee real baaaad

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

seattle plague rat posted:

healthy as a horse

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Fun Shoe

Renaissance Spam posted:

Sure that's the start, but the more you think about that the more the Hanks blood gains in strength until you become linked into the Hanksweb. Soon we shall all be of the Hanks.

dopey Emma Watson voice] where do all the antibodies go?

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

hanx for the memories (of antibody production)

Reverend Dr
Feb 9, 2005

Thanks Reverend

facetoucher cat posted:

Our celebrity worship culture takes a dark turn as society has to start consuming its celebrities to continue to exist.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

an ounce of prevention is worth 239 lb of cure

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

did they run any bloodwork because you were probably hyperkalemic

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

wow someone hide that manhorse from mike pence

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Chinatown, Ace Ventura, and Roger Rabbit are all the same movie

it's actually amazing that rodger rabbit wasn't somehow insanely transphobic

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth
Ahahaha, all these idiots desperate to reopen and go out today are basically loving over their Memorial Day weekend. Good job once again, America.

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

no evidence of immunity is not the same as evidence of no immunity

We’re gonna find out you gotta get roni ten times before you’re immune and we’ll be issued punch cards that can be turned in for a free sub.

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

eric ciaramella posted:

healthy as a horse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Steve Yun posted: