Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I hope putting muppet Pat into games becomes a trend

https://twitter.com/LoochMcGooch/status/1253510068588417026?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wallrod
Sep 27, 2004
Stupid Baby Picture
That looks far too competent and tall for flappy face PS1 edition pat, but i will happily welcome this as a trend

Also yeah, it's not too surprising that pat got the most 'YOU HAVE TO HATE THE SAME THINGS I HATE, I'M NEVER WRONG' type of following but he's probably also best suited to dealing with them. It's fun sometimes to watch people knowingly have insane opinions and try to defend or justify them but i'm sure it's also attracted not-knowingly-insane people too. I bet there's [blank]'s law about that, the same thing about how 4chan was more about being an ironic shithole at first but slowly just became a regular shithole

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Wallrod posted:

Also yeah, it's not too surprising that pat got the most 'YOU HAVE TO HATE THE SAME THINGS I HATE, I'M NEVER WRONG' type of following but he's probably also best suited to dealing with them. It's fun sometimes to watch people knowingly have insane opinions and try to defend or justify them but i'm sure it's also attracted not-knowingly-insane people too. I bet there's [blank]'s law about that, the same thing about how 4chan was more about being an ironic shithole at first but slowly just became a regular shithole

While it's certainly not unique to the remake, what's weird is nobody ever uses valid criticisms when they talk about not liking it. And 'I just didn't like it' is valid! Especially with Pat whom they have literally sat and watched play through the entire whole game.

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008
I've been listening to older podcasts as a sleep aid and I was listening to their conversation about Catherine Full Body's potentially transphobic ending and they actually had to stop and address chat begging them to "stop talking about" the biggest news that week. Despite themselves, they have a very chuddy audience who they're unable to unilaterally tell to gently caress off because it's a sizeable chunk.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

That's been another thing I've always loved Matt for, he's pretty much always been the most ready of them to go "No, gently caress off" to bigots.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Szmitten posted:

I've been listening to older podcasts as a sleep aid and I was listening to their conversation about Catherine Full Body's potentially transphobic ending and they actually had to stop and address chat begging them to "stop talking about" the biggest news that week. Despite themselves, they have a very chuddy audience who they're unable to unilaterally tell to gently caress off because it's a sizeable chunk.

That's sadly the rule not the exception. I struggle to think of a videogame personality-related fanbase that isn't full of chuds. Giant Bomb, yovideogames, easy allies, Jim Sterling (who use his videos to find out who it's "okay" to harass). Heck, loving Voidburger of all people has chud fans.

Kay Kessler fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Apr 25, 2020

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Szmitten posted:

Considering Woolie and Pat have CHRONIC Foot In Mouth disease (hell, the LP of Catherine itself had Woolie repeatedly advancing insane racial stereotypes about Japanese people) I would be FASCINATED to hear their doubtlessly well informed take on Atlus being awful again. What podcast was this?

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

Patware posted:

man anyone who complains about pat being blind doesn't watch NEARLY enough woolie

like pat's blindness is generally 'pans past something too fast, misses a pickup, gets yelled at, wheels back around'

i don't think i can ever forgive woolie for the start of the black mesa lp

EDIT: i started episode 2 right after posting this and it starts with woolie talking about not knowing the map and following lighting prompts as best he can while ignoring the bright white thing you have to plug into the wall that's attached to it by a cable with a spotlight glaring directly down on it

I have a theory that they both have wrong sized TVs for where they're positioned. Woolie can't see in general or read worth a drat unless the text is pretty big, his tv has been stated to be 47 inches if I remember correctly and seems to be a decent 8 feet or more from the couch, also he might need glasses. His biggest problem is still navigation though. Meanwhile Pat seems to be constantly missing stuff near the edge of the screen and has a really large TV, like 70~75 inches that seems possibly closer to him than woolie is to his smaller tv. Pat could also just get tunnel vision when playing a game in general.

It's just a suspicion, one that's probably partially wrong and the real answer is just LP-tax or what have you, I'd have to see the full setups to be more certain.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Brightman posted:

I have a theory that they both have wrong sized TVs for where they're positioned. Woolie can't see in general or read worth a drat unless the text is pretty big, his tv has been stated to be 47 inches if I remember correctly and seems to be a decent 8 feet or more from the couch, also he might need glasses. His biggest problem is still navigation though. Meanwhile Pat seems to be constantly missing stuff near the edge of the screen and has a really large TV, like 70~75 inches that seems possibly closer to him than woolie is to his smaller tv. Pat could also just get tunnel vision when playing a game in general.

It's just a suspicion, one that's probably partially wrong and the real answer is just LP-tax or what have you, I'd have to see the full setups to be more certain.

i 100% guarantee that your guesses are accurate

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
woolie also plays games with all the lights on like a crazy person

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Rody One Half posted:

Considering Woolie and Pat have CHRONIC Foot In Mouth disease (hell, the LP of Catherine itself had Woolie repeatedly advancing insane racial stereotypes about Japanese people) I would be FASCINATED to hear their doubtlessly well informed take on Atlus being awful again. What podcast was this?

I don't remember what episode it is but I'll spoil it for you and tell you their take boils down to "if this is true it loving sucks"

a_gelatinous_cube
Feb 13, 2005

Nuns with Guns posted:

Plague hates every soulsborne game post DS1 and even DS1 is "on notice" because he liked the slow plodding pace of combat and exploration in Demon's Souls, but the FromSoft of our timeline realized fast, aggressive combat was more fun.

I'm with Plague on this one. Souls games were better as slow clunky fighters. From bought into the "Dark souls is hard!" narrative too much and now the series is just morphing into an action game.

Ailumao
Nov 4, 2004

Zyklon B Zombie posted:

I'm with Plague on this one. Souls games were better as slow clunky fighters. From bought into the "Dark souls is hard!" narrative too much and now the series is just morphing into an action game.

bloodborne and sekiro are way more fun to play than any dark souls games so this is good, imo.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Bloodborne is okay but Sekiro sucks. In terms of pure mechanics Scholar and DS3 are the best playing Souls games.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Rody One Half posted:

Bloodborne is okay but Sekiro sucks. In terms of pure mechanics Scholar and DS3 are the best playing Souls games.

die

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Sekirowns

a_gelatinous_cube
Feb 13, 2005

The first Surge game was the 3rd best souls game.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Sekiro rules

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
I've never played Sekiro, but the franchise absolutely peaked with Bloodborne.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Zyklon B Zombie posted:

The first Surge game was the 3rd best souls game.

I'll always be pretty pleasantly surprised by how good The Surge was when I went into it expecting very little as a PS+ game.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Oxyclean posted:

I just thought the Xbox version would be a bit much. :v: But Yeah, I kinda feel like vanilla would be the way to go for anyone fresh to the series. MMOD straight up does some weird stuff right? Like you can pull the tau off the buggy?

There's plenty of moments in Black Mesa that distort the original, and I have no idea if Woolie realizes that (like I want to say he commented on the segment where you manually load the TOW rocket as being an "old game thing" and I wasn't sure if he means Source Engine old or HL1 old. Not that it matters a ton?) I feel like MMOD would kinda be a needless distortion.

He also thinks the TOW is a mortar. Remember he thought WW 1 involved muskets.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
How was Surge 2?

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Zyklon B Zombie posted:

It's weird that people think From went too far into "Dark Souls is hard", when BB and DS3 are regarded by most big fans of the series as the two easiest games of the series (Sulyvahn not withstanding)

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Yardbomb posted:

I'll always be pretty pleasantly surprised by how good The Surge was when I went into it expecting very little as a PS+ game.

Eh, The Surge felt janky to me. I liked it, but at some point, I was just rushing to beat it at the end.

Nioh is the best non-FromSoft Souls-like.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

when BB and DS3 are regarded by most big fans of the series as the two easiest games of the series (Sulyvahn not withstanding)

citation needed

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

People that think that bloodborne and DS3 are easier than demons, dark, or DS2 are actually crazy, and a strict minority

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Shinji2015 posted:

Nioh is the best non-FromSoft Souls-like.

Absolutely on this, Nioh 1 and 2 are both great, I loved both of them anyway.

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

Rody One Half posted:

CSB 007 No Nipples Podcast. Thank god for the weird names I can remember half of and Google the rest. It might have been halfway through.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Regarde Aduck posted:

I'm starting to wonder about the Canadian school system.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Dawgstar posted:

I'm starting to wonder about the Canadian school system.

I can confirm it's pretty poo poo.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Regarde Aduck posted:

Iunno, this feels like it's bordering on some "called a magazine a clip" Like War Shooters are extremely not Woolie's genre. Can't say I'm bothered he called the "tube that shoots explosives" the wrong thing.

At least not as bothered as I am when he starts blaming the game because his gun is firing non-stop when in all likelyhood it's his jank-rear end setup. :v:

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Oxyclean posted:

Iunno, this feels like it's bordering on some "called a magazine a clip"

I mean they're completely different things in this case and not name pedantry, one is an angled pipe firing shells up and over at hopefully close to what you want suppressed or dead, the other is a guided missile.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Man literally cant tell basic left/right

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Yardbomb posted:

I mean they're completely different things in this case and not name pedantry, one is an angled pipe firing shells up and over at hopefully close to what you want suppressed or dead, the other is a guided missile.
I mean, I'm still not going to fault Woolie for not knowing what a TOW launcher is because that's still pretty specific military hardware knowledge that most people only pick up from military shooters?

Though I'd probably call it a rocket launcher or rocket turret lacking another name, I guess.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Tae posted:

Man literally cant tell basic left/right

Neither can I but I still know what a musket is

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
i mean a tow launcher pointing up looks a hella lot like a mortar

only bad people know more about guns than "pistol, shotgun, assault rifle, sniper rifle, minigun, bazooka" anyway

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Also I'm playing through The Surge 2 right now and it's exceedingly forgettable

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

arguing about the minutae of various rocket launcher things really buries the lede of the musket nonsense

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Patware posted:

arguing about the minutae of various rocket launcher things really buries the lede of the musket nonsense

Which Woolie clearly knew!! :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Woolie Will Figure It Out. (Being pre-colonial African countries.)