Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

I have a DVD drive installed but not hooked up because I lost the plate for that slot.

E: Just realized that I need to dig out a floppy drive for the same reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Pham Nuwen posted:

Just looked at my Red Alert case, I've only got the Soviet disc.

I think I ended up with two copies of both tbh

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Dabir posted:

so this is a let's play now right

There is no other way to explain the "plot" of Generals!

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
More planes get shot down but the fight goes really well. Overlords and troop transports working in conjunction to spot the hidden mines and blow them up.

Well..... Mostly. That tank was expensive!

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Yet another dead overlord but between the oil field, the chinese hackers and the regular supply deliveries there is a neverending tide of overlords running over the city. By this point the GLA have been pushed from the southwest, pushed from the north and only the northwest remains.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Just tons and tons of overlords.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Finally they set their sights on the final target. The GLA command center and adjacent black market. Black markets cost something like 1700 dollars to build and generate 20 dollars per second they are hilariously inefficient and so most GLA players build a couple hundred of them.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Several overlords die because they are being driven directly into fortified bunkers filled with their hard counter, rocket soldiers, but as you can see victory is basically assured. The numbers are insurmountable.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

In a glorious combined strike, american air power and chinese artillery wipes the GLA command center from the face of the earth. The city is finally free, and only most of their buildings have been completely totaled. Well below projected estimates on how smashed it was going to be,

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
MISSION COMPLETE

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Goldmine

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell

Pick posted:

Goldmine

WE'RE NOT DONE YET PICK

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
I want the play through for Renegade too. :colbert:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Sir DonkeyPunch posted:

WE'RE NOT DONE YET PICK

I mean, in its time!!

Philman
Jan 20, 2004

reignofevil posted:

Several overlords die because they are being driven directly into fortified bunkers filled with their hard counter, rocket soldiers, but as you can see victory is basically assured. The numbers are insurmountable.

They died because they are a bunch of bitch rear end imposter Tonks. You aren't a mammoth tank and you never will be Overlord.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
The renegade playthrough will just be me playing whatever free renegade client is still out there in the year of our lord 2020 and bitching a bluestreak every time my ingenious plan of "be a stealthed soldier and sneak a nuke into the GDI base" doesn't work.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I lost track, did we get to Zero Hour yet?

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

We're still in the base game's china campaign and haven't even begun the usa or gla one's yet. If it were zero hour we would have the little reporter blurbs before missions.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
I said generals would be quick so now the way I've decided to do it will take a million years!

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

It's the only way to correctly convey just what the gently caress was happening.

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
Mark my words this will not go into any goldmines until the glory of marxism-leninism is unshackled from the restrictions of newton

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell

Up Circle posted:

Mark my words this will not go into any goldmines until the glory of marxism-leninism is unshackled from the restrictions of newton

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Up Circle posted:

Consider them marked! And I agree!

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

This thread has made me dig out my copy of C&C: The First Decade as i'd forgotten just how batshit insane the series is.

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

"Hello alien thoughtbeasts! We murder children!"
~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~
It's made me want to finish my LP https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3696752

"At least your mother tipped well"

Spookydonut fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Apr 30, 2020

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Spookydonut posted:

It's made me want to finish my LP https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3696752

"At least your mother tipped well"

Hell yeah!

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

11 year old me played C&C 1 at an Egghead Software and managed to convince my (nerd) dad to buy it for me. Even at 11, I realized the GDI cutscenes were corny as hell. The A-10 pilot was bad in the midst of a shitload of bad acting.

*change CDs*

Seth was a bro right up until he wasn’t. The cutscenes were...less corny on CD2? This probably means I was at risk for joining a cult but I didn’t so all good.

Best part of C&C 1 was tying up the phone line multiplayering against my buddies from school.

Thanks for reading this even if you should have spent this time better.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
I never really thought of this but Einstein is kinda a choad to he Graduate Student (?) in the opening video.

Not a good look...

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
He got erased from existence later if it makes you feel any better.

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
All I remember of Generals was building a poo poo ton of the "mob" unit and then getting the upgrade that gave them all AK-47's and just rolling through everything.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

dudeness posted:

All I remember of Generals was building a poo poo ton of the "mob" unit and then getting the upgrade that gave them all AK-47's and just rolling through everything.

An extremely good strategy. The competitive fan patch nerfs the crap out of mobs because they're just ludicrously money efficient.

Schadenboner posted:

I never really thought of this but Einstein is kinda a choad to he Graduate Student (?) in the opening video.

Not a good look...

Einstein isn't very popular in RA. He murders a random political activist and then invents a bunch of insane weapons while being a dick to everyone.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Tulip posted:

An extremely good strategy. The competitive fan patch nerfs the crap out of mobs because they're just ludicrously money efficient.

Einstein isn't very popular in RA. He murders a random political activist and then invents a bunch of insane weapons while being a dick to everyone.

I mean, by 1924 :godwinning: was already a right-wing anti-semitic rear end in a top hat being funded by the unholy collusion of German Military and Industrial oligarchs?

E: Like, if they had put a bullet in he hed back in the Vienna days, ok: maybe that's a dick move, but by 1924 he had already gone and chucked the dice across the Tiber Rhine?

Schadenboner fucked around with this message at 21:19 on May 1, 2020

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Schadenboner posted:

I mean, by 1924 :godwinning: was already a right-wing anti-semitic rear end in a top hat being funded by the unholy collusion of German Military and Industrial oligarchs?

E: Like, if they had put a bullet in he hed back in the Vienna days, ok: maybe that's a dick move, but by 1924 he had already gone and chucked the dice across the Tiber Rhine?

An unexplored consequence of the RA universe is that, given the moment and manner in which things got derailed, there's probably a lot more people in the present who have a neutral to positive opinion of Nazis.

Personally I do not want to explore this, but the far funnier "if Einstein's so great why'd he just kill some German guy and not Stalin/the next bad guy after you kill Stalin/the next bad guy after you kill that one"

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Tulip posted:

An unexplored consequence of the RA universe is that, given the moment and manner in which things got derailed, there's probably a lot more people in the present who have a neutral to positive opinion of Nazis.

Conversely you seem to be from a timeline other than The Bad One the rest of us are?

:confused:

Possibly inspired by this whole thing I just started re-listening to Fatherland which is a v.deece book, extremely difficult subject matter (obvs.) but I think quite well done?

WilWheaton
Oct 11, 2006

It'd be hard to get bored on this ship!
I can't stop thinking about what happened in command and conquer now

Philman
Jan 20, 2004

Is Micheal beihn in any non time travel franchises

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Tombstone is probably the only one.