Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a mutie?
Yes
Yes, but it's a secret.
View Results

CatDoc
Apr 6, 2006

Scoop daily. Clumping clay. One more box than cats.
Just installed discord, never used it before. Adorable, no? Gotta figure that crap out.

I AM GOON has 24/24.

CatDoc fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Apr 5, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
How do you beat a Hydra team now? They all seem to have taunt and Red Skull brings back anyone who dies instantly.

Oh boy AIM teams with Graviton are also stupidly difficult to deal with too.

twistedmentat fucked around with this message at 08:18 on Apr 7, 2020

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

Hydra is almost game breaking on war defense now. Worse than Asguardians

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

twistedmentat posted:

How do you beat a Hydra team now? They all seem to have taunt and Red Skull brings back anyone who dies instantly.

I believe the current thinking is you hit em with either Inhumans or a team with high sustain like Minnardians or AIMtron that can power through all the rezzes. And as long as you chip even a sliver of red skull's health away he won't have charges the next time somebody fights them.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

howe_sam posted:

I believe the current thinking is you hit em with either Inhumans or a team with high sustain like Minnardians or AIMtron that can power through all the rezzes. And as long as you chip even a sliver of red skull's health away he won't have charges the next time somebody fights them.

The chip damage is the most important piece if you’re going to lose.

They’re a two-punch team right now unless you got Inhumans.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Welp, that means they're completely unbeatable by me, as I have a decent guardians and brotherhood team, and an okay Avengers team, and that's about it.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Go in there with minerva, ult (which damages red skull) then time out. Don't take turns because he might heal up.

I haven't actually tried this yet but I'm probably gonna pull her off defense for it.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
You have to either get inhumans, hit them twice, or wait for Ironheart. Red Skull will take damage when he has defense down, regardless of minions. Problem is he has 10,000% resistance to defense down and bleed on War Defense. However, Ironheart applies defense down with 100,000% focus in War, meaning Falcon, War Machine, and Iron Man can all hit him with their ults to kill him (War Machine and Falcon go first, so would no taunt that might make Iron Man not target him).

The other way is a Kree team with Ultimus, Cap Marvel, Minnerva, Korath and choice of minion. That team can sustain well enough as well as eliminate the minions fairly quickly using up his charges. Theoretically, and I have only seen this once in my alliance, a really good Black Panther on Wakandans can punch down, the idea being that Black Panther killing just keeps him going on and on.

The other idea I had was to take a Maruaders team in, with a Hydra Minion as the 5th character (if you have a Red Skull team then whoever is left over, otherwise Armored Guard is probably best) and clone Red Skull, then you have your own reviving ability, but not as effective. It would be a long battle, so could even clone again, another minion. Haven't tested this yet, but in blitz it worked out ok according to one friend, but only done once. If you don't have Red Skull yet, then I would be curious to see how this works with Mr. Sinister and 4 Hydra minions.

Lastly, if you are sending in a second team to do clean up, I have had good success with Ant-Man, Wasp with some Avengers. Ability block can be applied to Red Skull and works well, plus Wasp's AoE and stun once Scientist is gone.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Yea i have none of those characters even remotely to the point to do anything.

That is the most frustrating thing about this game, you need really specific characters to progress, and its super stingy on all the materials needed to level characters. It's almost like it is trying to get people to whale to have any success

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Been a little bit worse lately but the whale bait has been pretty mild up to this point.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Invalid Validation posted:

Been a little bit worse lately but the whale bait has been pretty mild up to this point.

Yeah, the new Thanos is a killer though, because you need a Legendary to get his final piece, Maw. So to get an Empowered Thanos, you need 4 members of the black order, one of which is a Legendary, that requires a Legendary to get meaning you need 5 5* Asgardians (Loki and Thor should be there if you have been playing a year or so, fine) and then 4 other 5* Inhumans (again, Ms. Marvel and Quake should be there, but the others...ouch).

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
yea, everything i was working towards, Guardians and Brotherhood was a grind but such much of one I felt like it was out of reach. But now, what the hell? I guess I should start getting shards for Sif and heimdall from the stores.

a big fat bunny
Oct 4, 2002

woo look at 'em gonk

swickles posted:

However, Ironheart applies defense down with 100,000% focus in War, meaning Falcon, War Machine, and Iron Man can all hit him with their ults to kill him (War Machine and Falcon go first, so would no taunt that might make Iron Man not target him).

Just a reminder that the wording for the 100k% focus bonus in War was removed from the skill's description with the latest patch. Don't know what the official word is, but it's probably something to be aware of.

Acinonyx
Oct 21, 2005
Is there a goon group for a level 52 newbie to this game? I've been playing a few weeks and the starter alliance I'm in is not fun or helpful. Is there something I should look for in a next step up?

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Get in discord and one of the alliances will get you when a spot opens up. Usually doesn’t take too long.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Acinonyx posted:

Is there a goon group for a level 52 newbie to this game? I've been playing a few weeks and the starter alliance I'm in is not fun or helpful. Is there something I should look for in a next step up?

Yes! As Invalid said, discord up. Super friendly goon community and we will help you and answer anything ya want. Come on down!

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy
Sitting at around tier 7ish with my team after a couple weeks in the game and starting to slow down. Where do I go from here? My current top people are spider-man, punisher, ms. marvel, crossbones, luke cage and thanos. Venom, captain marvel, vision, jessica jones and ghost rider are right behind them at around tier 5 gear. I'm working on getting some rank up stuff for abilities but it is taking a long time. Doing all the daily quest and just wondering what to prioritize.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Focus Punfenders and they’ll take you a long way, limp your way through villains as you go by the time you get your defenders group to gear 10 6ish stars (I personally just finish 7 stars on each team), then start looking into which legendary you want most. Easiest is IM but most people tend to go guardians or fury first.

gtrmp
Sep 29, 2008

Oba-Ma... Oba-Ma! Oba-Ma, aasha deh!
Guardians might be the best one to prioritize in the short term, since the upcoming character unlock event needs cosmic heroes at normal/hard difficulty.

Sinister Six is another good team to go for, since theyre an easily accessible counter to the Defenders and they can eventually unlock two legendaries. Once you get Agent Coulson from the milestone orbs, he works really well with a SHIELD minion team, which would also help towards unlocking Iron Man.

If your Ms. Marvel is a lot more powerful than the weakest member of the Defenders team, it might be better to swap her in for them, depending on the opponents. She can replace Punisher on that team easily, at least until you get his passive ranked up to the point that he assists and counters more often than not.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Hey goons, my alliance and I have a dilemma.

So I was in one of the original goon alliances with my non-goon IRL friends until it went kaput and we joined a pubbie alliance. After a year and a half we’ve got a stable core group of dedicated players and friends, but the outliers have been a consistent problem. Be it people who don’t communicate and make bizarre War decisions, people leaving the game for whatever reason, or people ditching for “greener pastures” (often after our first war loss upon joining, which has happened three times; do people really expect to only always win War?), it’s been hard to retain active and willing players past the primary dozen or so.

At least three of our current “members” are basically war defense only; they’re done with the game but agreed to log in enough to not get kicked and just loaded all their heavy hitters on defense, at least until we find replacements for them.

Recruiting pubbies is tiresome and frustrating, they always have wildly unrealistic expectations, and we’ve been seeking out another alliance to merge with but to no avail.

All that said, I guess I’m asking if there’d be any interest in or way of taking in a solid but struggling alliance to the goon fold somehow?

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Sanschel posted:

Hey goons, my alliance and I have a dilemma.

So I was in one of the original goon alliances with my non-goon IRL friends until it went kaput and we joined a pubbie alliance. After a year and a half we’ve got a stable core group of dedicated players and friends, but the outliers have been a consistent problem. Be it people who don’t communicate and make bizarre War decisions, people leaving the game for whatever reason, or people ditching for “greener pastures” (often after our first war loss upon joining, which has happened three times; do people really expect to only always win War?), it’s been hard to retain active and willing players past the primary dozen or so.

At least three of our current “members” are basically war defense only; they’re done with the game but agreed to log in enough to not get kicked and just loaded all their heavy hitters on defense, at least until we find replacements for them.

Recruiting pubbies is tiresome and frustrating, they always have wildly unrealistic expectations, and we’ve been seeking out another alliance to merge with but to no avail.

All that said, I guess I’m asking if there’d be any interest in or way of taking in a solid but struggling alliance to the goon fold somehow?

You should join the discord of goons here and come chill with us! I figure there has gotta be something we all can do to work this out. We have 3 goon alliances right now. We are doing great! And everybody is super friendly.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
I guess depends how many people. But discord would be the best way to figure placement out.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Do I want to blow my war credits to get the war orbs so I can get the orange Mylar blankets to get Sabertooth to the next gear level or save the war credits and keep buying Sif and Graviton shards?

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
Personally I always use war creds to buy g13 unique mats when I'm trying to get a guy. Also I try and keep 12 of each kind whenever possible.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

twistedmentat posted:

Do I want to blow my war credits to get the war orbs so I can get the orange Mylar blankets to get Sabertooth to the next gear level or save the war credits and keep buying Sif and Graviton shards?

If you are buying Sif shards to get her up to 5* to get Blackbolt then keep doing that. Otherwise, use War credits on orange uniques and mini-uniques.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

How do you buy war orbs with war bucks? I thought they were a separate currency. You can only spend the red war bucks on the supplies tab (shards and gear-bits), and the orb-credits on the orbs tab, right?

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Subjunctive posted:

How do you buy war orbs with war bucks? I thought they were a separate currency. You can only spend the red war bucks on the supplies tab (shards and gear-bits), and the orb-credits on the orbs tab, right?

oh yeah, and its best to save for orange ones, much more value there.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

swickles posted:

If you are buying Sif shards to get her up to 5* to get Blackbolt then keep doing that. Otherwise, use War credits on orange uniques and mini-uniques.

Yea, just getting Sif and Gravitron, he because he seem to do the same thing with AIM as Red Skull does to Hydra.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

If you are looking for value to spend money on this game, you can currently buy 100 Legacy Orbs for ten bucks. If you haven't been playing long, it contains a bunch of great marquee characters that gives you 5-10 shards per orb. It also gives gold and trait specific purple gear (ie. stuff for bio, tech, etc.). I have all but like 5 of the people in the orb maxed out, but am considering getting this offer for the gear and gold alone.

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

I bought it. Cleared 900K in gold and 2200 ultimas orb shards. Finished off 7* DD and a fair bit of purple gear. It was worth it.

I hadn’t bought anything this year in game but that was a solid offer. I did grab the 50 ghost rider shard mistake as well twice.

Warm Woolen Pants
Jan 13, 2008

If you know what I mean...
Are there open spots in Marble Hebrons or another goon alliance? I like my current alliance in terms of most of the people, but management has changed a bit and they're being real nazis about war, requiring 10+ attacks, 3+ boosts, and scrutinizing every attack. I'm all for doing your best but it's gotten to where war is just pure stress, and I can't guarantee I can log in at all times because of busy family life. I personally have made all the requirements and haven't been bitched at, but watching others get chewed out for their xmen "only" punching up 60k vs Couson Shield is really feel-bad.

Anyways, I'm looking for 30% U7, 60 or 100% Greek 4.

4.67m TCP, can easily do 30% U7, will probably be able to do 60% post-Black Bolt (will have him at 5r/5y tonight, and ready to max him out instantly). Might need to work on Yo-Yo though.

If there aren't any openings and I'm way off the mark that's cool, just thought I'd see what's out there.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Edit oops wrong thread

twistedmentat fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Apr 27, 2020

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009

twistedmentat posted:

I can get to the final part in the Darth Revan node I'm in, but I think I'm missing something because the Droid boss keeps going into one of those modes where it just keeps attacking until all my guys are dead. This is annoying because up until then everyone's still alive.

I'm also thinking this is harder than it needs to be because a lot of the characters you have to use aren't very good.

Wrong thread.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Warm Woolen Pants posted:

Are there open spots in Marble Hebrons or another goon alliance? I like my current alliance in terms of most of the people, but management has changed a bit and they're being real nazis about war, requiring 10+ attacks, 3+ boosts, and scrutinizing every attack. I'm all for doing your best but it's gotten to where war is just pure stress, and I can't guarantee I can log in at all times because of busy family life. I personally have made all the requirements and haven't been bitched at, but watching others get chewed out for their xmen "only" punching up 60k vs Couson Shield is really feel-bad.

Anyways, I'm looking for 30% U7, 60 or 100% Greek 4.

4.67m TCP, can easily do 30% U7, will probably be able to do 60% post-Black Bolt (will have him at 5r/5y tonight, and ready to max him out instantly). Might need to work on Yo-Yo though.

If there aren't any openings and I'm way off the mark that's cool, just thought I'd see what's out there.

Just hang with us in discord. We love talking the game and we all love each other.

And when a spot opens, we will get ya!

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Can I get an invite to the goon discord server for this game? I am already in an alliance, but would still like to hang and chat.

a big fat bunny
Oct 4, 2002

woo look at 'em gonk

swickles posted:

Can I get an invite to the goon discord server for this game? I am already in an alliance, but would still like to hang and chat.

one of us ONE OF US. Be warned: discord server has a lot of channels. The MSF channel is under the Generally Bad Games header.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

a big fat bunny posted:

one of us ONE OF US. Be warned: discord server has a lot of channels. The MSF channel is under the Generally Bad Games header.

Thanks!

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Does Black Bolt not prevent Dark Phoenix from showing? I swear he got the last blow on Phoenix then Dark Phoenix still showed up.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Codependent Poster posted:

Does Black Bolt not prevent Dark Phoenix from showing? I swear he got the last blow on Phoenix then Dark Phoenix still showed up.
Black Bolt prevents Revives. Dark Phoenix counts as a Summon (if one hell of a beefy one), so his passive is still working as intended.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hobo
Dec 12, 2007

Forum bum

Hogama posted:

Black Bolt prevents Revives. Dark Phoenix counts as a Summon (if one hell of a beefy one), so his passive is still working as intended.

Annoyingly her counting as a summon also means that you don't get 3 stars on nodes.