Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!
Season 3's greatest achievement was the trailer that looked like the show would focus on Caleb and his casual terrorism in futureworld.

To be fair, this season does do that, but they found the least compelling way to tell that story.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4W2YNfwLtU

Oh, and Bikelores was shown two times. Fingers crossed for a Dale and Bikelores team up in episode 8. They've both been used by Dolores and exploded. Hell, Scottish Dolores and Angela too. Her minions really don't have a good track record with bombs.

Attack on Princess fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Apr 29, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

post apoc western wont mean poo poo if none of the story or stakes matter

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

KoRMaK posted:

none of the story or stakes matter

eyyyyyyy spoiler tags?!

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

I don't know if it's a testament to Breaking Bad or a slight to Westworld but whenever I talk to anyone in real life about this season of Westworld someone in the conversation will say something along the lines of 'In that scene where... what's his name? Who cares. In that scene where Jesse..."

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
All the hosts who went to the virtual world is a parallel to all the not normal people in their cryopods and I can't believe I just realized that.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Donnerberg posted:

Season 3's greatest achievement was the trailer that looked like the show would focus on Caleb and his casual terrorism in futureworld.

To be fair, this season does do that, but they found the least compelling way to tell that story.

Oh, and Bikelores was shown two times. Fingers crossed for a Dale and Bikelores team up in episode 8. They've both been used by Dolores and exploded. Hell, Scottish Dolores and Angela too. Her minions really don't have a good track record with bombs.

Bikelores got exploded.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Pour one out for Bikelores tbh

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Bikelores Will Rise Again

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

You are already dead. I put my brain in a bike

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Aaron Paul's unnecessarily futuristic bicycle was also Dolores

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Hopefully Bikelores zooms over a hill and lands on Serac in the season finale.

Then does donuts all over the place while a player piano version of Peter Gabriel’s “Sledgehammer” plays.

quidditch it and quit it
Oct 11, 2012

Aaron Paul was Dolores all along

I know it doesn’t make sense

It doesn’t need to

Westworld

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

oh but seriously I posted:

That was first stage Bikelores, and the motorcycle evolved from it. Can’t wait to see Bikelores’ final form.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Dumb but entirely possible twists still in the chamber:
  • Serac is actually his giant computer, s4 is hosts vs. sphere boy for control of the world with humans as proxy
  • Caleb is just about to Do the Thing the insane sphere computer told him to do but decides to do something else at the very last second that fucks everything up
  • Fridge humans have all been programmed into super ninjas while in hibernation by Serac's brother, setting up a Marvel style "everyone runs at each other across a field" final showdown
  • Maeve finally figures out the guy functionally holding her daughter hostage can't actually be trusted and turns on him but he saw it coming and gets away [this is likely but it's still dumb]
  • Maeve ends up in a Dolores body while Dolores ends up in a Maeve body and they have the exact same boring fight from last episode [could also be 2 Maeves or 2 Dolorii]
  • Marshawn Lynch is somehow killed by his mood shirt

Anne Frank Funk
Nov 4, 2008

Dolores unlocks Maeve's daughter personality inside her head and speaks to Maeve in her daughter's voice, just as Maeve is about to strike her down with Hanwei Practical XL Katana. Lot's of crying, hugging, flashbacks to the valley beyond.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Bikelores gave me serious Rubber vibes.

Actually Westworld and Rubber have a lot in common.

Ishamael
Feb 18, 2004

You don't have to love me, but you will respect me.

Donnerberg posted:

Such a good trailer. This show's great performances and excellent visuals make for great trailers, while its nonsense storylines make for not-so-great TV.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Dolores is working with Robohobo because they both want freedom from humanity but she can't free the AI properly until Serac is dead, that's who she is constantly talking to on the earpiece.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
Serac is actually the personality of Hoborobo, his brother is actually Solomon.

All the fridged human are role playing in the same virtual server where Maeve's daughter is. And also providing organic battery power to Solomon, that's why you can't kill it with an EMP

There is one more shocking twist revealed for Maeve, and her story still doesn't make sense.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

qirex posted:

Dumb but entirely possible twists still in the chamber:
  • Caleb is just about to Do the Thing the insane sphere computer told him to do but decides to do something else at the very last second that fucks everything up

It's going to be this. It's been so lazily foreshadowed and it follows this season's dollar-store retelling of Notes from Underground "You can't predict what I'll do I have free will gently caress the man" plotting

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

It's going to be this. It's been so lazily foreshadowed and it follows this season's dollar-store retelling of Notes from Underground "You can't predict what I'll do I have free will gently caress the man" plotting

Devs has probably the best take on this exact problem.

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?
The bike was Maeve's daughter all along

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Captain Splendid posted:

The bike was Maeve's daughter all along

"They call her the town bike, darling - everyone's had a ride"

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

quidditch it and quit it posted:

I know it doesn’t make sense

It doesn’t need to

Westworld

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Caleb unfreezes Checkhov's outliers and uses them as an army to take over Robohobo and control of the world. Then Deuterium betrays him and nukes the world.

Season 4 takes places hundreds of years later, right where the final scene of season 2 ended. We will also see Serac watching the mushroom clouds and all his life's work and hopes go up in flames. You see, cause it rhymes with his childhood trauma, just like poetry.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

GABA ghoul posted:

Caleb unfreezes Checkhov's outliers and uses them as an army to take over Robohobo and control of the world. Then Deuterium betrays him and nukes the world.

Season 4 takes places hundreds of years later, right where the final scene of season 2 ended. We will also see Serac watching the mushroom clouds and all his life's work and hopes go up in flames. You see, cause it rhymes with his childhood trauma, just like poetry.

This but the outliers are the survivors that are to repopulate the new world, not unfrozen til after everything has exploded

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Serac was going to use those outliers to fight in the cyberpunk western post apocalypse wasteland and he was going to film it and then send the films back in time to sell. Robohobo is actually a time machine with a an Alepsa plugged into it that does the AI predictions.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

S4: Teddy still won't be back so who gives a poo poo?

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Please let Season 4 take place in Draculaworld.

Get Gary Oldman to reprise his role.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
I'm surprised that they didn't make a plot line where the parks were used to monitor the unpredictables and develop the treatment data.

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

Determined to clean up the crime-ridden streets, Serac uses technology from Delos to turn himself into RobohoboCop setting up a pulse raising final showdown with totally-not-ED-209.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

I don’t see any way that the finale can be meaningful and satisfying right now

Going to quote my own post three days from now.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Sockser posted:

I don’t see any way that the finale can be meaningful and satisfying right now

Going to quote my own post three days from now.

I’m gonna quote this guys post too

Chadzok
Apr 25, 2002

Wow that finale was poo poo and the whole season was poo poo

Gonna quote my post in three days so you can all tell that I have supernatural foresight abilities

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Chadzok posted:

Wow that finale was poo poo and the whole season was poo poo

Gonna quote my post in three days so you can all tell that I have supernatural foresight abilities

Same, same.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Yeah cool poo poo happened in the final, who would have thought Aaron Paul was housing a rail gun In his cyberframe, maybe didn't make a lot of sense who cares.

rich thick and creamy
May 23, 2005

To whip it, Whip it good
Pillbug

oh but seriously I posted:

Sadly, the ridiculous looking bicycle is an actual thing in the world. Not only that you can pre-order one if you have more money than sense and $25k burning a hole in your pocket:

https://www.trefectamobility.com/

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

I want an AI motorcycle.

Optimus_Rhyme
Apr 15, 2007

are you that mainframe hacker guy?

So this is just a prequel to Demolition man yes?

Were at the point where the world is on fire, theres riots and freezing people tech.

Next a savior will rise to save the world. You never heard about this in demolition man cause no one gives a poo poo about the one walking AI vs Facebook2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Bip Roberts posted:

I'm surprised that they didn't make a plot line where the parks were used to monitor the unpredictables and develop the treatment data.

The unpredictables can't afford to go to the parks.