Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hurt Whitey Maybe
Jun 26, 2008

I mean maybe not. Or maybe. Definitely don't kill anyone.
https://twitter.com/trueanonpod/status/1255705550848790530?s=21

xeni flew too close to the sun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Often Abbreviated
Dec 19, 2017

1st Severia Tank Brigade
"Ghosts of Honcharivske"

dead gay comedy forums posted:

omfg this, THIS

Christman analyzing the Tribunal and then going all in, screaming maniacally at the end: "THEN THERE IS DAGOTH-UR"

Matt yelling TEAR DOWN THE PYLONS and attacking a 5g mast

Iridium
Apr 4, 2002

Wretched Harp

tinstaach posted:

I am well behind on Chapo, did Virgil go off the grid or something

Virgil had a quiet trip to Colombia to re-organize remnants of FARC to re-take venezuela but got stranded when the lockdowns started and can't tweet partly to hide his location but also because jungle, but he's doing rails of coke off the hottest men and women of the revolution all day every day and living his best life

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I really can’t imagine watching TV

THS
Sep 15, 2017

papa horny michael posted:

I read everything, and nathan j robinson isn't a good writer. nor public speaker

that’s interesting, i read more than everything and also everything that isn’t published. he’s a good writer though i can’t say i can vouch for his public speaking

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

it's messed up felix has such strong anti stoner opinions while checking so many stereotypical vaping streamer guy boxes

cool dance moves
Aug 27, 2018

Percelus posted:

it's messed up felix has such strong anti stoner opinions while checking so many stereotypical vaping streamer guy boxes

felix's anti-anything opinions are him projecting his own insecurities and self-hatred, there was one episode when he was railing against NYC in quarantine and everyone else was like "dude you just described yourself"

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

lol a cult with three people in it is just polyamory

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

xeni go on cum town

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

cool dance moves posted:

felix's anti-anything opinions are him projecting his own insecurities and self-hatred, there was one episode when he was railing against NYC in quarantine and everyone else was like "dude you just described yourself"

His "I hope woke whatever writing dies so we can go back to the old days with Biden on charge" stuff doesn't acknowledge that most of the people that did such writing have moved on so hard that if the stuff he so wishes to perish goes away, that includes all of the Thiel-murdered ones that did fundamental lefty muckracking, since people did cheer those places going down and Virgil comically portraying the football, wrestling and so on writing it on as "lib poo poo". Felix's writing on MMA and the like could easily be put on that list as well.

Picture Felix trying to pitch to a mid 2000's web portal the same pieces he got to write to ... I don't know, late George W Bush's Cracked era, when like one in every 5 articles was Vietnam War apologia.

THS
Sep 15, 2017

Kunster posted:

His "I hope woke whatever writing dies so we can go back to the old days with Biden on charge" stuff doesn't acknowledge that most of the people that did such writing have moved on so hard that if the stuff he so wishes to perish goes away, that includes all of the Thiel-murdered ones that did fundamental lefty muckracking, since people did cheer those places going down and Virgil comically portraying the football, wrestling and so on writing it on as "lib poo poo". Felix's writing on MMA and the like could easily be put on that list as well.

Picture Felix trying to pitch to a mid 2000's web portal the same pieces he got to write to ... I don't know, late George W Bush's Cracked era, when like one in every 5 articles was Vietnam War apologia.

can you reword this because i cant understand what it means

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
she does african guy voice

https://twitter.com/xeni/status/927609071821312001

THS
Sep 15, 2017

is xeni more or less mentally ill than sady doyle

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

Clark Nova posted:

lol a cult with three people in it is just polyamory

i would be bad at polyamory, i would just feel anxious att

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

THS posted:

can you reword this because i cant understand what it means

One of his main things that he wishes for a Biden win is the death of "woke writing" or whatever, but:

1. A lot of the people that defined Pre-Obama culture have moved on to other avenues, getting either dissatisfied with their work or finding their own ways of being publish their own work. You won't get, let's say, Pre-2008 Something Awful or some sort of freer mythical 4chan or whatever back.

2. His writing chops are mostly on MMA and Body Culture investigations and deep dives on DeadSpin and similar outlets. Those have been also been dying with people cheering those outlets going down as "woke libs now having to learn to do a real job". Felix is implicated as being part of that group getting mocked.

3. The closest thing to culture pieces written around that time which is also keeping the same kind of writing and mood is this guy. Picture Felix and Jon Bois attempting to pitch "Fighting In the Age Of Loneliness" or this to him.

Kunster has issued a correction as of 16:06 on Apr 30, 2020

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Gripweed posted:

Yeah he imagined a different show that he would like better, and is upset that the actual show is not the imaginary show he invented in his head

relatable

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

xeni go on cum town

she definitely has an in with red scare now

Slim Jim Pickens
Jan 16, 2012

Kunster posted:

One of his main things that he wishes for a Biden win is the death of "woke writing" or whatever, but:

1. A lot of the people that defined Pre-Obama culture have moved on to other avenues, getting either dissatisfied with their work or finding their own ways of being publish their own work. You won't get, let's say, Pre-2008 Something Awful or some sort of freer mythical 4chan or whatever back.

2. His writing chops are mostly on MMA and Body Culture investigations and deep dives on DeadSpin and similar outlets. Those have been also been dying with people cheering those outlets going down as "woke libs now having to learn to do a real job". Felix is implicated as being part of that group getting mocked.

3. The closest thing to culture pieces written around that time which is also keeping the same kind of writing and mood is this guy. Picture Felix and Jon Bois attempting to pitch "Fighting In the Age Of Loneliness" or this to him.

Why do you think he is talking about pre-obama writing, I'm pretty sure Felix was just watching Running Scared 24/7 back then

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

she does african guy voice

"dey investigate how 26 Nigerian women die" Hahaha smashing! They talk different!

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

Slim Jim Pickens posted:

Why do you think he is talking about pre-obama writing, I'm pretty sure Felix was just watching Running Scared 24/7 back then

He has a tendency to mythologize stuff like Tristan A Farnon's The Gaping Maw + Rotten Library and Seanbaby's old site.

TrixRabbi
Aug 20, 2010

Time for a little robot chauvinism!

I think the second one at least is meant to be a Trump impression. Remember when they explicitly omitted Jews from their first Holocaust Memorial Day message and everyone freaked out? (To be fair, that was still when Bannon was around and Trump's overtures to far right ethnonationalism were still young).

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
just realized that the charter school bonds wolf is a completely failed attempt to make a viral centrist dem account like Hoarse Whisperer or Devin Nunez Cow

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

gh0stpinballa posted:

do you have a music podcast you'd recommend? song exploder is the only one I've heard that is dece but there has to be more surely

pod kast

Honest Thief posted:

what's matt's deal with better call saul? "why is this show exactly like breaking bad" because it's a sequel from the same creative team, it's not a wacky 90s spinoff

seems like he's using that as something to point to in arguing that prestige tv is a meaningless term

it's well-trod ground, even vox has said much the same

The Muppets On PCP has issued a correction as of 19:37 on Apr 30, 2020

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
idk I don't think any podcast about Brian's music preferences could be good

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
i hate nu metal and it's good

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Kunster posted:

He has a tendency to mythologize stuff like Tristan A Farnon's The Gaping Maw + Rotten Library and Seanbaby's old site.

Leisure Town was peak internet.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Arcteryx Anarchist posted:

idk I don't think any podcast about Brian's music preferences could be good

They both have unbelievably garbage taste but Bryan's sheer enthusiasm for total poo poo is infectious. His co-host is just a loving drain though

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
The only tolerable nu metal is exception-that-proves-the-rule stuff like Korn and random Deadsy singles.

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

Halloween Jack posted:

The only tolerable nu metal is exception-that-proves-the-rule stuff like Korn and random Deadsy singles.

how dare you leave out Deftones

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
I remember the exact place I was the first time I heard a KoRn song. instant cringe.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

olives black posted:

how dare you leave out Deftones

Because they're really bad, like Korn, who are terrible

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
I don't enjoy Korn, but it takes actual courage to write and perform songs about being traumatized as a child, as opposed to the horde of white dudes with lip piercings who were just insanely angry about nothing. All those songs that were just "wouldn't it be dark and twisted if I wrote a song about killing people"

Halloween Jack has issued a correction as of 21:44 on Apr 30, 2020

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.
just lol at defending any Korn album past the self-titled one

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice

olives black posted:

just lol at defending any Korn album past the self-titled one

All Day I Dream About Succ

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
i'll never stop defending the KoRn single... make me bad

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Halloween Jack posted:

it's vein

Big Dick Cheney
Mar 30, 2007
The murderbryan legacy carries on

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
Brian really is just like 50% of the kids I knew in school

but he's 40 now and mostly the same; idk I guess I don't know anyone anymore for comparison

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ATP_Power
Jun 12, 2010

This is what fascinates me most in existence: the peculiar necessity of imagining what is, in fact, real.

I've been going down the JFK rabbit hole through a 25 part interview with the author of the book "Destiny Betrayed" on Dave Emory's For the Record (Ep. 1031 up). Jesus what a story, I'd never even heard of Jim Garrison before.