Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Moatillata posted:

Wow somber immediately ruins the whole joke phase 1/5

You all had SEVERAL hours to make jokes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

No child soldier in poverty by 1990

EccoRaven posted:

the state monopoly on violence combined with the executions being done in imperfect self-defense prevents the town executions from being considered murders

Terror is only justice: prompt, severe and inflexible; it is then an emanation of virtue; it is less a distinct principle than a natural consequence of the general principle of democracy, applied to the most pressing wants of the country.

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

someone said that they were a Miller, is this related the to city granary facilities?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Anyone think that maybe Dragnix died because of 5g?

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

merk posted:

Anyone think that maybe Dragnix died because of 5g?

sounds like some kind of magick

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I don’t have a 5g cell phone. Am I safe?

xopods
Oct 26, 2010

Somberbrero posted:

Obviously AS could just be more observant than me, I probably do too many drugs, but I had to go back and re-read the flavor to get that Ducat were scum.

It's literally in the Town win condition that we win "when all Ducists are eliminated," so it's not like this is a subtle flavor detail that only Scum or an astute reader would have noticed.

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

Somberbrero posted:

It felt weird when AS asked for my flavor, like she was trying to force some kind of meaningful reaction.

To me, at least, a Miller claim doesn't invite much speculation. Would you agree? It's been a while since I played with one, but it was usually a non-event in the past, or else invoked the same 1-2 pages of arguing about Miller claims. Why would my flavor inform your opinion? I could be scum and a foreigner, I didn't even say where I was from.

Which, to that point, I noticed that AS kept mentioning the scum team name. Obviously AS could just be more observant than me, I probably do too many drugs, but I had to go back and re-read the flavor to get that Ducat were scum.

##vote atomic soda

nah man just nothing else to talk about yet. i read the op/my pm duc is a fun word to say

duc duc duc duc

MisterJed
May 9, 2004

Duc dynasty

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

merk posted:

I don’t have a 5g cell phone. Am I safe?

if i have 5g does that mean im screwed? :ohdear:

MisterJed posted:

Duc dynasty

nice

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

SHALASHASKA HAWKE posted:

hi im new and also a somberberbo

what are your feelings on the hit comedy Sealab 2021?

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

Atomic Soda posted:

nah man just nothing else to talk about yet. i read the op/my pm duc is a fun word to say

duc duc duc duc

goose! :honk:

Token Female
Apr 2, 2007

If I hear the music...

Moatillata posted:

Token ran the first game I ever played in this is a very special game for me rn

Which one was that?

Monathin posted:

I don't believe this is a truthful statement, lunch all liars imho ##vote Token

:)

Somberbrero posted:

This is an eccogame so there are probably 9 cops and none of them are sane.

This is why your miller claim is going to be important to be used as a control. Scientifically speaking that is.

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

chaoslord posted:

I’m more of a Bojack guy

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Grey duck. <:mad:>

Duck Duck Grey Duck is a superior game because it incorporates phonemic awareness and descriptive language skills for kids.

xopods
Oct 26, 2010

God drat it, Hawke. I've been traumatized by the evil geese at the local pond and you just triggered me.

They hospitalized an old woman last year! They're monsters!

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Yeah, life is hilariously cruel.
Grimey Drawer

chaoslord posted:

I feel that the true meaning of Alvis time is Drinking. Drinking and Revenge!

xopods
Oct 26, 2010

xopods posted:

God drat it, Hawke. I've been traumatized by the evil geese at the local pond and you just triggered me.

They hospitalized an old woman last year! They're monsters!

Speaking of which, has anyone done Untitled Goose Mafia yet?

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

xopods posted:

Speaking of which, has anyone done Untitled Goose Mafia yet?

Honk, honk aligned honk, has been honked N1

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

yuming posted:

Grey duck. <:mad:>

Duck Duck Grey Duck is a superior game because it incorporates phonemic awareness and descriptive language skills for kids.

This is intriguing. Please tell us more about this mysterious ritual.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Token Female posted:

Which one was that?

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3771295

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

I’m not voting until I hear more about the grey ducks.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

SHALASHASKA HAWKE posted:

This is intriguing. Please tell us more about this mysterious ritual.
:sparkles:

The kid who's it goes around and says things like "Purple duck, silly duck, grea...T duck, polka-dot duck, grape duck, GREY DUCK!"

As far as I know it's only common in MN!

Token Female
Apr 2, 2007

If I hear the music...

Oh yeah, I think I ran that after a GBS game when there a bunch of new people excited to play mafia for the first time. That was a fun game.

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

yuming posted:

The kid who's it goes around and says things like "Purple duck, silly duck, grea...T duck, polka-dot duck, grape duck, GREY DUCK!"

This is insane and cannot exist. ##vote yuming

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

Out foul magicks

Token Female
Apr 2, 2007

If I hear the music...

yuming posted:

I've heard of it, probably because my mother in law is a pre school teacher. But it's a game outside of MN.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Oh good! Describing is always better than simple naming for language development :sun:

xopods
Oct 26, 2010

yuming posted:

Oh good! Describing is always better than simple naming for language development :sun:

Agreed. This is why I will be voting anyone who simply names their scum suspects in this game rather than describes why they are scummy. For the sake of their own language development. :eng101:

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Hm.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

##vote Monathin

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Morning merk.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

xopods posted:

It's literally in the Town win condition that we win "when all Ducists are eliminated," so it's not like this is a subtle flavor detail that only Scum or an astute reader would have noticed.

Who actually reads the town win condition? It's mafia, you're town, you just do the thing.

xopods
Oct 26, 2010

Somberbrero posted:

Who actually reads the town win condition? It's mafia, you're town, you just do the thing.

I mean, I admit that I had to go back and check my own PM to be sure, but it's far less suspicious than if it were something you'd only know by either reading a Scum PM or doing a deep dive into the setup flavor. It's right there front and center in every Town PM.

Token Female
Apr 2, 2007

If I hear the music...

Somberbrero posted:

I didn't until it came up in the thread. What I'm trying to say is that I'm town, and acting like a town person.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

xopods posted:

I mean, I admit that I had to go back and check my own PM to be sure, but it's far less suspicious than if it were something you'd only know by either reading a Scum PM or doing a deep dive into the setup flavor. It's right there front and center in every Town PM.

That's really the extent of my point, the scum team name wasn't something that I had at hand and neither did you.

Token Female
Apr 2, 2007

If I hear the music...

Somberbrero posted:

That's really the extent of my point, the scum team name wasn't something that I had at hand and neither did you.

This is directed at Atomic soda?

xopods
Oct 26, 2010

Somberbrero posted:

Ehh, I was pretty sure I knew Ducists were bad, I just went back to double-check and confirm that I had in fact seen that in my PM before saying something stupid.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
How are you somber?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Toalpaz posted:

How are you somber?

I'm having a weird one and have been for a minute. What's new with you?

xopods posted:

Ehh, I was pretty sure I knew Ducists were bad, I just went back to double-check and confirm that I had in fact seen that in my PM before saying something stupid.

That's pretty much all I'm saying. You had to go double-check.

Can I ask what you're trying to accomplish with this dialog? Is it just posting for the sake of posting, or are you drawing larger inferences from the conversation? It feels like we pretty much agree so I'm not sure why we can't close this loop.