Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Taichi making a stellar case for a title run

https://twitter.com/taichi0319/status/1256204223340883970

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

A Real Horse posted:

Life just doesn’t have the same zest when I can’t be yelling about how much I hate That Prick Jay White.

That doesn't have to stop.

gently caress YOU KNIFE PERVERT

naM sdrawkcaB
Feb 17, 2011

Don't know if this is common knowledge or not, but Minoru Suzuki and Norman Smiley had a match 30 years ago in the UWF.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGdlmA2VkPY

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

naM sdrawkcaB posted:

Don't know if this is common knowledge or not, but Minoru Suzuki and Norman Smiley had a match 30 years ago in the UWF.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGdlmA2VkPY

The content which I crave. It is fun how Suzuki evolved from The Grappliest to My Style Is Hit You.

Norman seriously did everything and went everywhere, didn't he?

This I also enjoy

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
Young, sexy Suzuki is always a trip.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Norman Smiley is a guy I would like to hear do a 3 hour podcast with Conrad doing a deep dive of his own career

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Finally watched my dad is a heel wrestler and god drat Dragon George vs Kokaburi Mask was good match

Also the movie being in that weird space of keep kayfaybe while also acknowledging the Face/Heel dynamic worked real well

However I'm 100% sure the Doctor scenes where shot real life before Tanahashi's big match in 2017 except they edited out the part where the Doctor pleaded with Tana not to do anymore high fly flow's

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Kota Ibushi, how are you handling quarantine?

https://twitter.com/ibushi_kota/status/1256691652955000832

Oh.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Oh my God he's cutting promos about his phone :allears:

quote:

It's been a while, but vs Android Today, even secret techniques were put out, but it was defeated. The ring is hard. can not win. GALAXYnote may be the strongest Don't run away until you win, next time you won't lose, don't give up! !! I didn't stand for a while😭

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

Kota Ibushi vs a kaiju
Kota Ibushi vs a regular pen
Kota Ibushi vs a telephone

What's next, Kota Ibusbi vs a bicycle?

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Aesculus posted:

Kota Ibushi vs a kaiju
Kota Ibushi vs a regular pen
Kota Ibushi vs a telephone

What's next, Kota Ibusbi vs a bicycle?

he ducked WWE so we didn't get to see Ibushi vs. U.S. Immigration

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
Watched Okada/Omega I. Absolutely bonkers finishing stretch. I'm just wondering, did Kenny wrestle clean all the time as Bullet Club leader? I remember his first match with Jericho and there was a spot where he refused help from his faction.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Schneider Heim posted:

Watched Okada/Omega I. Absolutely bonkers finishing stretch. I'm just wondering, did Kenny wrestle clean all the time as Bullet Club leader? I remember his first match with Jericho and there was a spot where he refused help from his faction.

infrequent reminder that Kenny was the worst Bullet Club Leader in history.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Schneider Heim posted:

When he won the IC title against Tanahashi he did it with help from the outside but by the end of the G1 he ended up wrestling clean

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
The funny thing is, even though he pretty much was just a tweener if not a straight face after WK11, Kenny was still technically a heel all the way up until like, early 2018 and Bullet Club was still, y'know, a heel faction, so the Bucks would occasionally get a table out from underneath the ring and set it up and the announcers would be like OH THOSE loving YOUNG BUCKS ARE AT IT AGAIN, GODDAMN IT as if they had just kicked Kenny's opponent square in the face.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

I think the funniest thing about that whole weird period with Bullet Club was during the G1 where they had Suzuki vs. Kenny and SZKG interfered so the whole Bullet Club came out for this big babyface save including Bad Luck Fale swatting away all the SZKG juniors like flies and then a few nights later, Fale tears up Daryl.

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Fale even got a babyface pop for the save, too, and then got the “OOOOOH” and massive heat for the Daryl moment

It was a weird time

The capper to the Daryl moment was Chase picking up some of the cotton and blowing it in Hiromu’s face and Hiromu just losing it and swinging wildly

Also the fact that all of that led to Carol and Daryl Jr. existing

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
Yeah, it feels like Kenny's Bullet Club is just him and the Young Bucks.

Also I just saw this and wow Fale looked... tiny here

https://twitter.com/AnnetteReid247/status/1256987167764746240?s=19

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Schneider Heim posted:

It did feel like the Kenny Bullet Club was just wandering from one civil war into another for most of its life.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Kenny Omega’s run as leader was a lesson on the Peter Principle

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
I hope when wrestling comes back and the fans are all excited to see everybody again, the first thing Bullet Club does is ruin a main event by storming the ring together and beating down, idk, Tanahashi, for old times' sake. Really make sure everyone remembers they're the bad guys.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

TriffTshngo posted:

I hope when wrestling comes back and the fans are all excited to see everybody again, the first thing Bullet Club does is ruin a main event by storming the ring together and beating down, idk, Tanahashi, for old times' sake. Really make sure everyone remembers they're the bad guys.

I look forward to MJeff's posts about KENTA being a bad heel as all of Osaka Dome rains down boos on him

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
Speaking of BC doing BC things

https://twitter.com/elpwrestling/status/1257068980126154754?s=19

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

This is the best highlights package I've ever seen

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Schneider Heim posted:

2013 was the first year I was really following NJPW, and I was so excited to go to one of the big shows at Dontaku. I dragged one of my friends to Fukuoka for the day and to the show. That was also where Naito returned from his knee injury the previous year.

IIRC the Suzuki-Okada main from that event was pretty good too.

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

Rarity posted:

I look forward to MJeff's posts about KENTA being a bad heel as all of Osaka Dome rains down boos on him

This but unironically.

gently caress, I even miss being called a Naitailure. Is this how far we've fallen?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

It's Best of the Super Juniors month. Depsy being deprived of his year to win it

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

forkboy84 posted:

It's Best of the Super Juniors month. Depsy being deprived of his year to win it

Let's be real, it was ELP's year

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
My assumption was that Despy was probably going to challenge at Dontaku and ELP wins BOSJ.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I rewatched WK 11 and I bit on the tombstone rainmaker kickout.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Gumball Gumption posted:

I rewatched WK 11 and I bit on the tombstone rainmaker kickout.

It blows me away how many New Japan matches I can rewatch absolutely knowing the result and I still end up biting on the fake-outs.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
Watched some of the Bullet Club history videos on the NJPW Youtube channel. So Devitt gets ousted from BC and makes up with Taguchi? Did I understand that right? Was that done for his departure from NJPW?

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Schneider Heim posted:

Chase Owens and Kota Ibushi trying to be a team is my favorite part of Kenny's BC leadership.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)

I Before E posted:

Chase Owens and Kota Ibushi trying to be a team is my favorite part of Kenny's BC leadership.

What's the story in this one?

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Schneider Heim posted:

What's the story in this one?

You know how you start up a relationship and your SO invites you to their house for the first time and they're like "trust me, you'll love my roommates" but it turns out you have nothing in common with them and are just making awkward small talk the entire time?

That was Kota and the BC when the Golden Lovers reunited.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Hey! He was sorta cool with Chase. He would high five Chase when he tried to Too Sweet and it was very good. :colbert:

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Schneider Heim posted:

Watched some of the Bullet Club history videos on the NJPW Youtube channel. So Devitt gets ousted from BC and makes up with Taguchi? Did I understand that right? Was that done for his departure from NJPW?

no, don’t think so, Taguchi beat him on his way out to settle their long running feud. his exit was pretty tense and he didn’t get half the farewell styles or mgka/gallows did. think he was effectively killed off screen in njpw canon by the young bucks randomly decreeing he was out of bullet club after the fact

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Schneider Heim posted:

Yup. From memory, he wrapped up at WK, maybe took a final bow at New Year's Dash, but that led into his period on the Indies before debuting officially for WWE.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

no, he left after invasion attack, new years dash didnt exist yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Fergal Devitt was last seen Jun 29th, 2014 after being murdered by Jimmy Havoc.

E: lmao Ferg left with a win over ZSJ, what a dick.