Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

The_Franz posted:

Countless siblings since the dawn of modern civilization grew up sharing a room, but now it's suddenly not appropriate because the internet says so.

It's not harmful on the face of it for multiple people of whatever relation to share a room, or even for mixed sexes to share a room.

But when you're used to having your own private spot (as well as it being culturally the norm), and then suddenly your parents say "Here's your new roomie, you share everything now, this is nonnegotiable, have fun!" it's pretty hosed up and upsetting.

It's hard to tell how much information or negotiation the OP has actually had; whether it's really as unilaterally "surprise, you share 100% of your life now!" or OP filtered out important details to try and make themself look better. I'd also assume, given the negotiation tactics OP has described in the post, their attempts at bargaining may have been closer to whining than anything useful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

1stGear posted:

Ah, I see that you too are a married boomer.

as a child of and sister to divorcees i can state divorce is the greatest invention in modern human history (albeit one that only exists to right an earlier mistake)

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Licarn posted:

why would you call someone a tomato to spice things up

tomatoes aren't spicy

Depends on which side of the Mason-Dixon line you are.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Licarn posted:

Animal Crossing is ruining my (23M) relationship with my girlfriend (23F), how do I move forward?

The game's been out for 43 days. She's been playing over eight hours a day, every day, for the past six weeks. Holy moly.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

Batterypowered7 posted:

The game's been out for 43 days. She's been playing over eight hours a day, every day, for the past six weeks. Holy moly.

This is not healthy, it's probably a displacement activity that gives her a false sense of control and achievement that she can't get from more constructive sources due to the lockdown but it doesn't make it less of an issue especially if she can't accept that the op doesn't share that outlook

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Licarn posted:

why would you call someone a tomato to spice things up

tomatoes aren't spicy

Maybe he's trying to incorporate a little bit of raceplay by pretending that he is having sex with the most downtrodden and taboo ethnic group of all, Italians.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Straight White Shark posted:

Maybe he's trying to incorporate a little bit of raceplay by pretending that he is having sex with the most downtrodden and taboo ethnic group of all, Italians.

Heck no, if that was the case he would have called her a spicy meatball

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

"We're not laughing with you, we're laughing at you"

We've got it all wrong, it's because he called her tomato, instead of tomato.

Gross.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

WIBTA for sending my stepmum a rude floral arrangement?

quote:

My dad just proposed to his girlfriend. I truly, genuinely, did not know she didn't drink. The only time I've spent with her where a drink would typically be ordered are times that we've gone for coffee, so I've never been in a situation with her where she had the choice to order alcohol and she's never mentioned it. So because I didn't know she didn't drink, I sent them champagne.

I got a phone call and an earful from dad with her audibly sobbing in the background. Dad wants me to make it up to her. On the call I heard her say "ask that dyke how-" and then the sound went muffled so I think dad covered the phone, but that's not even close to the first time she's called me that.

My stepmother loves flower langauge, as in what certain flowers represent and the meaning of each flower. I have done some rage googling and now have the knowledge required to create a bouquet that quite literally says "gently caress you".

I told my girlfriend what I was planning and she's said it's a great idea... right up until my stepmum tells my dad what the flowers mean.

WIBTA for sending the rude flowers?

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

Antifa Poltergeist posted:

We've got it all wrong, it's because he called her tomato, instead of tomato.

Gross.

I hate the way he looks, acts, smells, fucks, and spends his time; but the last straw was when he pronounced tomato like tomato.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Stepmom sounds like a real catch.

Armadillo Tank
Mar 26, 2010

Midnight Voyager posted:

If you say "earth-side children" instead of "living children," you need therapy YESTERDAY. That's the kind of language you get on forums about poo poo like Reborn dolls and women who have no life outside of their miscarried children.

Oh boy those are two concepts I really don't want to learn anything about.

Solus M.D.
Oct 17, 2007

what did i just post?

Armadillo Tank posted:

Oh boy those are two concepts I really don't want to learn anything about.

You’re right about that because it’s super depressing. Women using expensive toys as a substitute for poorly needed therapy. :smith:

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

SoftNum posted:

I hate the way he looks, acts, smells, fucks, and spends his time; but the last straw was when he pronounced tomato like tomato.

I listened to a poly girl talk about her past exes and she went down a list of terrible, terrible guys including one where we all just stared at her gobsmacked as she described a guy who sound like a cruel psychopath who almost killed her but still got a smile on her face when she talked about how fit and attractive he was. She was late 20s and had essentially never been single or unattached since her teen years, just drifting to from person to person and moving on after some arbitrary point of tolerating abuse.

Some people literally cannot be alone in their lives for any period of time and tolerate everything from unwiped asses to unemployed sentient filth piles until something finally triggers them to leave and find the next one.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for helping my cousin celebrate her miscarriage?

quote:

So I (18f) have been quarentining with my aunt, uncle, and cousin "P" (22f), since both of my parents have very bad asthma- my dad almost died from pneumonia last year- and I go to college in a big city. P also is in college, and she hates being at home. She's social distancing, of course, but every day she says stuff like "this is why I hate small towns" or "you don't know how lucky you are to have siblings." P was my aunt and uncle's "miracle baby" and it's my aunt's dream that she'll have a bunch of kids because my aunt couldn't. They constantly pressure and talk to her about this, and it's made their relationship rocky.

My cousin got pregnant from a one-night stand, and found out around when we started quarentine. My aunt found out, and got super excited, saying that of course P could live with them, they'd turn the guest room into a nursery, etc. P started crying when she told me this, saying that she had to have an abortion, that she didn't want to live in a tiny town and be treated like a baby by her parents. I was going to take her to a Planned Parenthood soon, but a few days ago she said she had been bleeding and cramping. She called her doctor, I told my aunt we were going hiking, I dropped her off, and she learned yep, she was miscarrying. P was so, so relieved when she told me this. She was crying a little when she told me, and I just gave her a hug and took her home. I know she loves chocolate milkshakes, so I made us some with the works.

My aunt came in the kitchen and asked what the occasion was, since for P, chocolate milkshakes=a big deal. P said that she had a miscarriage, and that as soon as she got back to college she was getting an IUD. My aunt got super pale, and said "[me] turn off that blender. My grandchild just died and you're celebrating." I said hell no, P needed this, and she deserved a chocolate milkshake, that just because my aunt was obsessed with grandchildren didn't mean that P had to go into a deep mourning. My aunt got really mad, and shouted "I am mourning this baby even if its mother and aunt don't have the heart to!" She went to her and my uncle's room, and slammed the door.

When my uncle got home, my aunt told him what happened, and he started shouting at me, saying I had no idea what he and my aunt had gone through, that P was their only way to have a family, how dare I encourage her to celebrate this, I was being a selfish little brat who didn't care about family when they were letting me stay because my parents were weak... They haven't talked to P or I since that day, except when absolutely necessary.

He and my aunt sounded really hurt, but I just wanted to help my cousin! Now I'm second-guessing myself and wondering if AITA?

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

Solus M.D. posted:

You know, I posted that newborn parent with a failing grade one because it seemed pretty black and white as to who the rear end in a top hat was.

As always, I underestimated goons.

the amount of vitriol bitter people hurl at new mothers trying to cope will never cease to amaze me. where do these people think they came from? once someone had to work hard to raise you in the same way, struggling the whole time.

but yeah, goons, and some childfree nutter who has wandered in.

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

Smirking_Serpent posted:

OP already pooh poohed the glitter bomb suggestion, and there is no way the stepmom is ever going to apologize for calling her slurs. So yeah, send her the floral arrangement.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
send the rude flowers, pretend you don't know what they mean, let her stew forever

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Invisible Clergy posted:

Let's learn from Smirking Serpent and just post content and not talk

My boyfriend called me “little tomato” during sex and it ruined our relationship

Is this from some tulpa reddit or one of the witchcraft ones?

Dana White's boyfriend though it was ok after he admitted he's a tomato in his AMA on reddit and welp, bit of a sore spot.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for helping my cousin celebrate her miscarriage?

I’m not sure anyone is really TA here.

Obviously the aunt and uncle went through a lot to have one kid but she didn’t know that.

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

AITA for 'ruining' our family outing.

quote:

My dad wanted to take us all out for something, he said it was a surprise. For the past week I've had covid symptoms and I came down with a 100° fever yesterday. I told my dad that I wasn't feeling up to leaving the house and he kept trying to make me leave along with my siblings. I snapped and screamed at him and this prompted him to cancel the outing. My siblings won't talk to me and they keep saying pretty rude things now. Did I go too far?

Edit: He uncanceled the trip, and I'm being forced to go

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

AITA for calling out my Cousin's hipocracy over the stimulus check on Facebook

quote:

Edit: I know I spelled hypocrisy wrong 😭

Still using this account to ask advice I don't want my primary account to see.

I have a cousin who is a very 'pull yourself up by your bootstraps' and 'gumption' kind of guy (despite the fact his parents are well off and he currently works at my uncle's company).

Well my cousin was ranting and raving on facebook about all the people filing for unemployment right now and how they're all just 'welfare queens' trying to game the system. Well I know he received a stimulus check and immediately spent it on a 4X4 because he posted pictures after he did it.

So I responded to his Facebook post by asking when he would be returning his government hand out as he obviously didn't need it. Well my Aunt didn't like that so I was immediately called and told to remove my comment and when I told her no she yelled at me.

Idk times are weird and I'm growing to give less of a flying F**k what do you think AITA? Did I go too far in calling out my cousin?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

DemoneeHo posted:

Well, this is just super depressing.

Controlling piece of poo poo parent willing to put their child's health and the health of everyone they meet at risk just to make sure they all know he's the man.

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

StrangersInTheNight posted:

send the rude flowers, pretend you don't know what they mean, let her stew forever

Absolutely this. It's basically the perfect crime once. I even have your line. "I'm the jerk for trying to help celebrate; I'm the jerk for not apologizing, and now I'm the jerk cause I sent flowers. I just don't know what you want from me dad!"

To be clear you are the rear end in a top hat here, but eh, completely justified. Just cause you're better at being an rear end in a top hat doesn't make your assholishness worse.

Solus M.D.
Oct 17, 2007

what did i just post?

MarcusSA posted:

I’m not sure anyone is really TA here.

Obviously the aunt and uncle went through a lot to have one kid but she didn’t know that.

It’s pretty clear from the post that both the OP and her cousin knew about it. She mentions repeatedly the aunt and uncle also pressuring her cousin to have a big family/treating her as a future incubator.

If anyone’s an rear end in a top hat it’s the aunt and uncle because instead of projecting onto their kid they should :therapy:

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

This thread is really depressing and I don't know why I read it anymore. I guess it's pretty fun to judge people. But it's pretty lovely to see how many people are just such absolute poo poo to each other for no goddamned reason.

DreamingofRoses
Jun 27, 2013
Nap Ghost

DemoneeHo posted:

Between that an earlier AITA post she made, that OP’s family needs CPS intervention stat.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

elise the great posted:

“I know about fashion because of D&D” is the perfect intro to explaining that a jumpsuit is actually a romper, and objectively ugly

I initially assumed “ran an unknown armies campaign” meant an ad campaign for some fashion brand.

Muscle Wizard
Jul 28, 2011

by sebmojo

Invisible Clergy posted:

Let's learn from Smirking Serpent and just post content and not talk

My boyfriend called me “little tomato” during sex and it ruined our relationship

Is this from some tulpa reddit or one of the witchcraft ones?

my dirty little tomato hahahaha holy poo poo

Muscle Wizard
Jul 28, 2011

by sebmojo
daddys nasty little eggplant

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

Muscle Wizard posted:

daddys nasty little eggplant

We probably shouldn't penis shame here.

Muscle Wizard
Jul 28, 2011

by sebmojo

SoftNum posted:

We probably shouldn't penis shame here.

presumably the target of such language is 'into it' but as we've seen, maybe not.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
Something about the way this one is written really tickles me

AITA fot hating my husband's mustache?

quote:

English is not my first language, so please forgive me all mistakes.

My (30 F) husband's (37 M) face is usually covered by beard and I love it. Every time he shaves I'm a little bit disappointed that the beard is gone, but it's not a big deal. Husband has tried a few times to convince me that leaving just mustache would look awesome but I've always been clear on how much I hate it. Today The Mustache appeared and, well, it's terrible. I know that it's his face, so he's the one deciding about it, but I really really don't like this look. I'm rather clear in stating my opinion about this ("No. No, no, no. Please don't") and I feel that husband is a bit offended, as he thinks it looks great. AITA here?

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Licarn posted:

Found out the guy I’m dating doesn’t want kids

Laughing forever that she thinks the issue is him not wanting to have kids over her boyfriend being 7 years older than her and using gross MRA talking points behind her back :laugh:

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Invisible Clergy posted:

It is now my life's goal to integrate "dirty little tomato" into any and all situations with my partner, family, and friends.

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva
dirty little tomato is one character too long for a username. curse these forums and their archaic limits.

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Licarn posted:

dirty little tomato is one character too long for a username. curse these forums and their archaic limits.

Not if you take out the spaces

DirtyLittleTomato

Brimstone Inquiry
Jan 21, 2007

DemoneeHo posted:

Not if you take out the spaces

DirtyLittleTomato

Dirty Lil' Mater

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof
YOU RAT! YOU WERE HEATING MY PENIS UP TO GIVE ME THE OL' SPICY TOMATO!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

Brimstone Inquiry posted:

Dirty Lil' Mater