Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

MIL needs to go to the most Asian/Indian/Latin America elder care facility on the planet.

Full of tiny Filipinas doing a daily potluck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Evil Willow posted:

My MIL just threw out all of my groceries. Grocery stores are out of stock and I'm losing my mind.

Just put that crazy disrespectful idiot out on the street and forget about her forever. It should not be OP and her husband's responsibility to care for a ungrateful child in a grown woman's body.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
Ultimate power move would be to not cook for a week.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

kimbo305 posted:

But then she's a lazy no good for her precious son brown person!

Street or nursing home.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Me (43M) and my wife (42F) chatted with our neighbour's son(22M) on Fetlife without knowing it was him and I think he knows it was us. We are so worried our secret is going to be revealed. What are we supposed to do?

quote:

Okay,this is one of the most shocking nights of my life and both I and my wife are so worried. First of all,this is a throwaway account i just got to post this and i'm an active redditor although not on this sub. Me and my wife are a kinky couple and have been enjoying different kinky lifestyles for years now. Though,nobody in our lives are aware of this because privacy and discretion are privileged for us. and we have always managed to be safe and secure. We are both business professionals and important people in our field and we have kids. I can't mention our professions because of safety concerns.

Anyway. Me and my wife are interested in being submissive,and having a single male dom. We were introduced to Fetlife by one of our online acquaintances who is also in the lifestyle about 6 months ago started getting into it soon. We never posted photos with our faces or our real names,only some kinky photos and nudes without faces. As we filled out profile with photos and some groups,we started getting a lot messages.

About a week ago,someone sent us a private message on Fetlife,telling us he is a dominant single male and about what he was looking for,his kinks and things. Since he told us he is 22,we refused him saying his age is too young for us. He insisted over and over again promised that we wouldn't regret. We checked his profile and it was one of the dirtiest pages on Fetlife. It intrigued us very much and we started talking. I don't want to give any details but just know that we talked a lot for the whole week. Now,last night,he said he wanted to send us a face picture if we'd like,we said yes and he sent it. And,it turned out he was our neighbor's son,who got back home because colleges are shut down due to lockdown.

We both started shaking and couldn't believe it was him. I mean,this boy is the last person we could ever imagine. We made sure it was %100 him after checking his body pics outdoors he sent (from his height,body type,moles). Now,the thing is we never sent him any face pic, he knows the city we live and saw our body pics,both nudes and normal photos,some of which were taken in our backyards etc. I have a gut feeling he knows that it was us. Considering he already knows,what do you think we should do? How should we talk to him? We are really worried. We are not very close with his parents,we just went to same gym with them for a while. And with him,we just say hi when we see each other and we both are friends with him on Instagram.

Thank you for reading already.

​TL;DR Me and my wife sexted and exchanged nudes with someone on Fetlife,who later turned out to be our neighbour's son. We also sent him some pics that may reveal our identities. Me and my wife are so worried that our privacy and discretion is at risk.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

kimbo305 posted:

Ultimate power move would be to order takeout Indian every day until she moves out.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
welcome to another episode of Future! Estranged! Parent!

And a little bit about our guest today...

WIBTA if I made my daughter break up a friendship?

quote:

My daughter, we'll call her Lily, is 14 and she is in a wheelchair. She made a new friend, Barbara, also 14, earlier in the school year who also uses a wheelchair, and they've become very close. Barbara has, in a way, strained mine and Lily's once very close relationship. She thinks Lily should be able to hang out more outside of school with their other friends, but I can't risk anything happening to my daughter with zero adult supervision, so I've had to say no. Barbara has come to our house several times, before the virus, and I can just tell that she puts things in my daughter's head about me, and I'm not comfortable with it at all, but my husband wants to encourage the friendship.

So, Lily has been talking to Barbara a lot during this isolation period over the phone and internet, and she told me today that she would prefer if I don't call her a special needs child anymore to family, my friends, or basically anyone else. She has never expressed this concern to me before, and I asked her what's wrong with what I've said, and she said that she would prefer to use the term/identify as disabled. Special needs is apparently an old-fashioned and offensive term now.

Now, I know that Barbara must have put some ideas into her head. I don't think special needs is a bad word at all, it's the only way I've ever described Lily, so while I did tell her I would think about it, I don't think I can do it, and only because I feel like she was manipulated into this decision.

My husband thinks I should suck it up and do what our daughter wishes, and Lily has given me the silent treatment since talking to me. I'm very close to letting her know that she is not to talk to Barbara anymore. I feel like that would release a lot of tension, if not right away, definitely in the future. WIBTA?

Lightning round!

quote:

Unfortunately, I feel like her new friend is bullying her into hating me.

quote:

My daughter lacks a lot of muscle in her arms as I have made clear in another comment. Do you honestly expect her friends or new acquaintances to help her as much as her family does? You're just two different people.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

teen witch posted:

2020 Mom of the Year is doing the most excellent job at making sure her daughter never speaks to her again the very day after she leaves to college.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
I have a sneaking suspicion she’s got skinny arms because mother dearest pushes her everywhere so she hasn’t needed to get stronger arms

Evil Willow
Apr 26, 2007
Bored now...
AITA for shutting down our friends for complaining that my husband and I won’t let them use our jets for a party?

quote:

My husband and I own and manage several aircraft. We have a number of generous clients, and it’s not unusual for some of our regulars to extend the offer for our kids or our friends to accompany us on trips. As a result, we’ve been able to treat quite a few people in our circle to a few days here or a weekend there at some great destinations. Obviously, as these flights are on our clients’ dimes, we don’t charge our friends for anything - they spend what they want on food or lodging or whatever.

Unfortunately, this has caused some expectations from some of our acquaintances. One of our friends is turning 50 later this summer. He and his wife have asked to have his party at our hangar. That part isn’t a problem - it’s honestly a great venue for a get together (huge indoor space, outdoor space and lawn, full kitchen etc.). The problem is that in talking with his wife over a Zoom “cocktail hour” a few weeks ago, she was chatting as if she assumed the guests would have access to the jets as well (photos, tours, whatnot) and how much fun it was going to be be for everyone to get flights over the city.

I didn’t think it was the time nor place to shut her down completely, but I made a few light comments about those things blowing up the budget for not only this birthday but for the next decade’s worth of birthdays and changed the subject to something else. When it became clear she wasn’t joking, I left it alone for the call, but contacted her the next day and explained that we were not planning on letting people go through the jets (they’re a lot more expensive than your living room sofa if someone pitches their drink on the interior) and the cost associated to fly them is also probably more than what she and her husband want to spend (the hourly cost on the one she wants is close to 1700 bucks).

She wasn’t rude about it necessarily, but she was touchy and suggested in a number of different less than subtle ways that I was exaggerating the costs for the planes. After a little more conversation, I thought we left the situation on the same page but then a number of friends have been telling me that she is suggesting my husband and I are just being weird about the planes and that we are using the money as an excuse and she and her husband could obviously pay for what they want.

After a number of people hinted that she had brought this up to them, I finally got tired of it and said to the last person who passed on her comments that if she wanted to pay the nearly two grand an hour it would be to lease the planes for a five or six hour party we would happily take the money.

Now she’s upset that I was “calling her out” to our circle of friends and that if they don’t have the jets flying at the party it would make them look like they couldn’t afford it. She says she was just saying we were particular about our planes so there was a reason their friends wouldn’t get the plane rides they were promised.

So AITA for speaking up?

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

i think they're all assholes for owning multiple jets tbqh

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
:guillotine:

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Guillotine the lot of 'em IMO.

Rudager
Apr 29, 2008
I dunno, sounds like it's a business thing which doesn't necessarily translate to big bucks.

If they had a "well while we could afford to fly the jets over the city a couple of times..." thrown in there then definitely guillotine.

Armadillo Tank
Mar 26, 2010

Licarn posted:

dirty little tomato is one character too long for a username. curse these forums and their archaic limits.

Dirty'lil'tomato?

Armadillo Tank
Mar 26, 2010

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for saying talking to my sister's boyfriend can be "loving exhausting"?

People who use " i'm being honest" as a license/ carte blanche to be loving annoying pendantic cunts should be punched in the face while screaming "but bro i'm just being honest" until they become a better loving person.

God drat.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Nastyman
Jul 11, 2007

There they sit
at the foot of the mountain
Taking hits
of the sacred smoke
Fire rips at their lungs
Holy mountain take us away

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for saying talking to my sister's boyfriend can be "loving exhausting"?

The right thing to do with these people is engage with them normally until they try and start some poo poo at which point you've gone completely deaf and blind to their presence until they can behave like adults again. No response can sometimes be way more effective than any response at all and you shouldn't have to entertain these jokers in perpetuity because "manners".

If they know where you stand on the issue they'll get the point eventually because there's no way to push the issue without escalating, at which point everyone knows who the rear end in a top hat is.

Nastyman fucked around with this message at 10:29 on May 4, 2020

Mill Town
Apr 17, 2006

teen witch posted:

Lightning round!

Why the gently caress does a 14 year old need constant supervision? This mom is so invested in making herself feel special as the mom of a ~special needs~ child and is making everything about herself. If the daughter had an actual medical reason to need an adult with her 24/7, mommy dearest would have been tripping over herself to tell us what it was and ~how haaaaaaaaaaard~ it is to take care of.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
The daughters condition is called "Has Her Own Personality & Interests That Aren't Perfectly In Line With My Own" and it is incurable. Show some goddamn empathy for a mother dealing with such a difficult situation, you assholes

(This mom needs to be shot into the sun)

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

teen witch posted:

Lightning round!

Yeah, this is totally all that awful Barbara's fault...

quote:

Thank you for being the only one to seek out more information. My daughter does not have an immunodeficiency. She has a limited amount of muscle in her arms, so she would need her friends to help her to do several things. As you can probably imagine, no one would be able to help her like her family.

:whitewater:

welcome to hell
Jun 9, 2006
My (23F) husband (24M) thinks our son is gay, when he's only a year old.

quote:

This has been going on for months. I am tired of it, find it very strange and even though I've tried several times he doesn't seem to understand he's being ridiculous.

Some of the "reasons" he thinks our son is gay:

• He loves when the light shines through the window in a way that makes rainbows on the floor

• He was curious about my makeup and has tried to take my lipstick and eyeliner (it reminds him of crayons)

• He generally prefers me to my husband

• He likes to help me peel bananas, and one time my husband saw him mouth the tip of it. He got angry at me for "letting him do something that looks sexual". Wtf?

• His favorite thing to do outside right now is look at the flowers that are blooming and touch them

• My husband thinks he likes books too much for a boy (??)

• There's also a character in one of the books that my son always points and smiles at, because he has bright orange hair (son's favorite color), but my husband thinks he has a crush on the character... I don't even know what to say to that.
Each time one of these has come up, I've clearly disagreed with my husband when he makes his comments. I've told him none of them have anything to do with being gay or straight, boy or girl... I can't believe I'm having to have the conversation in the first place. My patience is wearing thin.

I've also told him little kids don't even have a sexuality yet. Our son is just over a year old. He's barely walking and talking! And besides you never can be certain what a kid will grow up to be. There are no definite "signs".

This bothers me in a few ways. First off even if he did turn out to be gay, I would like to think my husband would love and accept him the same as if he's straight. I've asked him before if he would and he says "of course" like I'm crazy to question. He says he's just joking. But his comments come off like he's critical. Then there's how I already said none of it makes any sense. I feel he's reading meaning into innocent behavior. I'm growing concerned why he keeps doing that. I almost wonder if he's worried HE himself is gay, or something, I don't know... I'd never bring that up because I'm sure he'd get furious. The thing making me finally ask for help is he's now started bringing it up to other people. He made the "joke" about our son liking the flowers to a bunch of our friends on discord today, and tried to get my dad, who we're quarantining with, to agree with him about the banana thing. It's really embarrassing to me.

For what it's worth we have some friends who aren't straight and my husband treats them the same as everyone else. He's never said anything homophobic. He expresses support for lgbt rights and is liberal. The hangups about our son are at odds with all this, to me.

How can I get my husband to see how weird these comments are and stop making them?

eta - Fixed bullet point formatting.

TL;DR: My husband believes our son is showing signs of being gay even though he's just a baby. I've already tried explaining how it's just normal baby stuff, not a "sign" of anything.

datajugend
Jan 15, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Well, dads carry the gay gene so its his fault

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
So ccumshitter DOESN'T carry the gay gene? 2020 is getting loving weird.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

kill the husband

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

welcome to hell posted:

Man, now I wish her trash husband was all about the casually sexist "Our baby son is a ladykiller" since this is so much worse in every way. :pwn:

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

teen witch posted:

Lightning round!

Help! My daughter is a teenager and is starting to develop her own personality and interests rather than letting me choose them for her!

ParserGirl
Jun 3, 2005

quote:

This bothers me in a few ways. First off even if he did turn out to be gay, I would like to think my husband would love and accept him the same as if he's straight. 

It would be such a relief if I could go back to pretending my husband was a good person. Never bringing it up and sticking my head in the sand about what he believes worked so well up til now!

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

Cythereal posted:

Help! My daughter is a teenager and is starting to develop her own personality and interests rather than letting me choose them for her!

Mum thought she'd lucked out and got the GOOD kind if disabled child who would be utterly dependent on her physically and emotionally forever, but she's finding out she got the BAD kind who is actually just a regular kid with some mobility issues and will do all the terrible things regular kids do like grow, change and leave

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

I (16M) go skinny dipping with my sister (18F) and cousins (M and F, all teenagers) in the summer. Do you think we should continue or stop?

We are all teenagers who go skinny dipping but we've all grown up on the same farm and we're used to family nudity. When us kids go swimming in the pond we usually just go nude, like our parents did. I ended up mentioning it to someone and he thought I should stop because it's too sexual. What do you guys think.

Also, when my sister is nude I only think of her body as just skin.

TL;DR! I go skinny dipping with family. Do you guys think it's appropriate even though we have no sexual feelings towards each other?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

welcome to hell posted:

Joke was weak, removed

Barudak fucked around with this message at 13:49 on May 4, 2020

datajugend
Jan 15, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Gonna be a rough day when that baby sucks his thumb

Telemaze
Apr 22, 2008

What you expected hasn't happened.
Fun Shoe

Barudak posted:

How are you 24 and worried that your kid might be gay instead of super pumped for his future earning potential that he wont mess up by getting someone pregnant

Worrying about your son's future earning potential being messed up by a woman is not any better tbh.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Telemaze posted:

Worrying about your son's future earning potential being messed up by a woman is not any better tbh.

I was trying to get in the sexist dad mindset and it clearly did not work as a joke, noted

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Sunswipe posted:

So ccumshitter DOESN'T carry the gay gene? 2020 is getting loving weird.

he overcame his disability through an admirable mixture of grit and tenacity

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for not paying for my friend's OnlyFans?

quote:

I'm a guy. One of my close female friends is the type to go through "phases" of hobbies. Our friend group (a mix of guys and gals in their late twenties) has been very supportive of her interests. We bought paintings when she took up art, we ate all sorts of cupcakes when she sold baked goods, we promoted her blog when she decided she wanted to be a fashion influencer. Lately she's been talking about trying modeling and we thought she meant the Instagram kind, but it turns out she made an OnlyFans account and charges upwards of $50 for nudes. We have zero problem with her posting nude selfies online, she's very proud of her body and I respect her choice to do whatever she wants with it.

But lately a lot of us have been talking because she wants us to subscribe to her and it's uncomfortable for a lot of reasons: $50 a month is a LOT of money, personally my girlfriend is very uncomfortable with me paying for nude photos of my friend, and honestly I don't want to see naked photos of someone I think of as a little sister. I had a talk with her and shared the group's concerns about her latest hobby and she lashed out, saying that we're not being supportive and accused me of objectifying her. I'm honestly stunned and a bit confused that I may have come off as an rear end in a top hat with what I said. So let me have it: reddit, AITA?

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

having a straight son would be a solid layer in his "totally not gay" armor

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Either his girlfriend is in the friend group or she is an absolute keeper for listening to him even ask that question without immediately dumping him.

Telemaze
Apr 22, 2008

What you expected hasn't happened.
Fun Shoe

Barudak posted:

I was trying to get in the sexist dad mindset and it clearly did not work as a joke, noted

You gotta work up to the sexist dad mindset, you can't just jump in there all at once! Go find a baby boy and get really mad at him for eating A Woman Only Fruit (anything longer than it is wide, of course). That's a good first step.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Why would you ever engage with a real life close friend who sincerely asks you to subscribe to her porn account? How is this a real question?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

Smirking_Serpent posted:

"Stop objectifying me by not paying me $50 a month for nudes" is some galaxy brain shi

EDIT i mean she should just just skip the bullshit and make her continued company dependent on you all setting up a standing order to wire money directly into her account every month so she can stop pretending to care about poo poo to get you all to give her money for crap you're not interested in. Or just join an MLM since you'll all buy her lovely make up and essential oils when she guilts you for not supporting her ~*~dreams~*~

Fatkraken fucked around with this message at 14:24 on May 4, 2020