Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

They look like marker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

enigmahfc posted:

He should add a mark each time he wins, until he is just covered in marks like a 3rd rate Batman villain.

Eventually, he will be introduced as "multiple of 10's"

Like Preston Vance is going to be winning matches

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
We have seen Preston Vance pre-gimmick, those tally’s are new.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Preston Vance is going to have a Sid streak gimmick and be winning several matches between segments.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Dango Bango posted:

Or it could just be that the guy has 5 and 5 tally marks tattooed on his chest?

He didn't have them when he wrestled Darby on Dark a few weeks before this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivNaTLgUfKQ

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Spears needs a complete Britt Baker style rehab and overhaul he's boring as hell and offers nothing unique

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Jerusalem posted:

The original (edit), the best:

You said the magic word.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Wendell posted:

You said the magic word.

THE BEST

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

enigmahfc posted:

He should add a mark each time he wins, until he is just covered in marks like a 3rd rate Batman villain.

Eventually, he will be introduced as "multiple of 10's"

look Victor Szasz didn't slice up all those people to be a throwaway one liner in a dead gay forum post.

Dilbert Fanclub President
Oct 21, 2015

by Reene

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Spears needs a complete Britt Baker style rehab and overhaul he's boring as hell and offers nothing unique

Yeah hate to say I agree with this because I want to like Spears as a performer. I think covid derailed his story a bit as he likely would benefit a lot from being in a tag team. Hell, team him up with the revoltval for a trio of no gimmick rear end kickers.

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
He's way better as a comedy guy than an asskicker and I am more interested in him and his gambling problem than anything else he has had going on in AEW beyond braining Cody

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I still think Spears just can settle into a "second" role. Let Tully get his Revival tag team and then find a Flair and have Spears settle into the fact that he's not Flair, but there's no shame in being Arn. I thought MJF was the obvious guy for that but now MJF/Cody feels like a distant memory and I just have no idea.

The last two episodes of Dynamite sat on my DVR for 2 weeks and I finally watched them last night. I want to get back into AEW and I'm really trying but so little is really appealing to me right now and I don't imagine my uncomfortableness with their quarantine standards is gonna get better now that they're back to live.

It sucks.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

him and MJF being the shithead connection is perfect.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Right now I want Spears to be funny, and I want him to be doing something instead of just saying he's going to. He's good, but he needs something to work on to be great.

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

seen so much i'm going blind
and i'm brain-dead virtually

Ramrod XTreme
but what abt his sworn enemy Veston Pants

waitno it should be Veston Prance poo poo

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

ozymandius1024 posted:

Pretty sure that he said he was a massive germaphobe on one of the post shows recently, so I wouldn't be so sure :( (but it's his safety, so I hope he's doing what's best)

He’s back on the call:

https://twitter.com/ShutUpExcalibur/status/1258052013876789250

Also:

https://twitter.com/NylaRoseBeast/status/1258057799814258689

https://twitter.com/luchablog/status/1258055795645743105

Everyone be coming home. Although keep in mind that they are also taping for next week, so just because so someone is Jacksonville bound doesn’t necessarily mean they are appearing tonight.

StarkRavingMad fucked around with this message at 16:51 on May 6, 2020

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
On one hand I'm glad I'm going to see and hear all of my favorite wrestlepeople, but on the other hand this still feels wildly irresponsible and stupid regardless of any safeguards they put in place.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

On one hand I'm glad I'm going to see and hear all of my favorite wrestlepeople, but on the other hand this still feels wildly irresponsible and stupid regardless of any safeguards they put in place.

Yeah....yeah :(

At least Nyla putting a mask on the belt is funny.

Dilbert Fanclub President
Oct 21, 2015

by Reene
I’m not gonna worry about things I can’t control.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

I am excited for Dynamite tonight

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

wrestlers doing wildly irresponsible things is the very nature of being a wrestler.

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

This is pretty much where I'm at.

I'm not going to pretend like I won't watch the show, but I hope that everyone is ok.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Its mostly that like, my anxiety is peaking right now. I've been relatively level headed during this whole quarantine thing because I felt like by and large people were making responsible choices and helping minimize this but now it feels like that's all being reversed and its freaking me out. So like, I really want to get back into Dynamite and get back that fun feeling I had with it but I can't see it doing anything but making me feel worse right now.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
At least AEW is allowing the wrestlers to WANT to come in to appear on the show instead of forcing them. Also...

coconono posted:

wrestlers doing wildly irresponsible things is the very nature of being a wrestler.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Yeah unfortunately with infectious disease they're not the only ones that are affected by this. Every single person they come in contact with due to unnecessary travel and taping is potentially affected.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, the "volunteer" thing doesn't really assure me any even if I assume its all true and there's no kind of pressure. Because like its the same as the mask thing. You're not wearing a mask to protect yourself from everyone else, you're wearing a mask to protect everyone else from you.

Viewing wrestling in the myopic light of how the wrestlers are exposed is probably pretty appropriate for wrestling but also unfortunately kind of the problem our country is facing right now.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
With them actually testing everyone who comes through the door, and the wrestlers reportedly having been in self-quarantine, I feel better about it than most. It's probably safer than your average Amazon warehouse.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I choose to ignore the unjustifiable actions rather than talk about them not being okay but being okay. Join me

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

StarkRavingMad posted:

With them actually testing everyone who comes through the door, and the wrestlers reportedly having been in self-quarantine, I feel better about it than most. It's probably safer than your average Amazon warehouse.
Eh. "Testing" is a pretty loose term right now. My understanding is most of those quick tests for antibodies going around have no real vetting because the federal government pretty much got rid of all of the restrictions on putting out a flawed test and calling it a fix.

But I mean, I'm also not ordering anything from Amazon right now because I don't want the idea that someone might have been put at a little extra risk because I wanted something I don't need. So the anxiety is pretty universal.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
I totally get worrying about everyone's health, but I also know worrying about stuff I cannot control does nothing but harms only me.

Also, if I do not see Death Triangle or Statlander on my TV box soon, I may kill more people than Corona Will.

This is a joke, please do not report me

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Cavauro posted:

I choose to ignore the unjustifiable actions rather than talk about them not being okay but being okay. Join me

https://twitter.com/orangecassidy/status/1258062574257680385

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

it'll be fine. Just watch.

*two weeks later Hangman tests positive*
gently caress.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Triangulo de la Muerte....

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

enigmahfc posted:

I totally get worrying about everyone's health, but I also know worrying about stuff I cannot control does nothing but harms only me.

Yeah, for me its more about my own state of mind and self health. I WANT to get back into Dynamite. I want to be watching tonight with all you folks. I miss that. But I don't think its actually going to do anything but increase this sick feeling I have in my stomach and all the poo poo running through my head. I'm envious of those who can process AEW as escapism right now because its the opposite for me. And I miss it and could use that escapism and good feelings.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

coconono posted:

it'll be fine. Just watch.

*two weeks later Hangman tests positive*
gently caress.

https://twitter.com/theAdamPage/status/1258044344466112512

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

I feel a little better about the choices AEW has been making after listening to this week's Unrestricted with Tony Khan, they filmed basically everything in two big pushes and then were all able to isolate for a full month. Tonight's going to be live but without an audience and I'm glad for that. Sounds like they'll be doing a bunch of taping and then isolating again.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

STAC Goat posted:

Yeah, for me its more about my own state of mind and self health. I WANT to get back into Dynamite. I want to be watching tonight with all you folks. I miss that. But I don't think its actually going to do anything but increase this sick feeling I have in my stomach and all the poo poo running through my head. I'm envious of those who can process AEW as escapism right now because its the opposite for me. And I miss it and could use that escapism and good feelings.

I've had that same feeling for a couple of shows here or there during this and it sucks. I'm sorry you're having a tough time and not able to get the escapism we all really need right now from AEW. :(

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

AFAIK they managed to do the last set of tapings with less security problems and no positive cases linked back to them so I think AEW has this stuff figured out.

Meanwhile WWE is old yellering their stagehands if they sneeze.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

coconono posted:

AFAIK they managed to do the last set of tapings with less security problems and no positive cases linked back to them so I think AEW has this stuff figured out.

Meanwhile WWE is old yellering their stagehands if they sneeze.

I'm gonna try and stop because I'm probably not helping anyone including myself by harping on this so I need to just go find some other way not to wallow in this toxic poo poo. But I just want to say that I think this is a bad approach to this pandemic in general. There are asymptomatic cases. There are mild cases. There's self reporting issues. There's all those other people who aren't being traced back to where they got sick. Just because no one seemed to get sick from what was deemed an irresponsible decision doesn't mean no one got sick. And even if they did it doesn't mean repeating that decision is gonna yield the same results.

Ok, really. I'm gonna try and stop and I apologize for spreading my brokenness to you folks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
AEW is good even when AEW is "bad".