Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Well in fairness there was. Kim had appeared to rally everyone to vote him out until he won that screwy immunity. That could have been all noise since obviously they weren't so fixed on getting Tony out to recognize the immunity situation. But everything could have flipped on him if he hadn't won that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Spokes posted:

Tony booting Sophie to cut off Sarah’s options was such an incredibly audacious play and I can’t believe there wasn’t more backlash for it

I personally liked Sarah complaining that Tony completely blew up her game without any self realization that her game has her, not Tony, winning 2 million dollars at the end of it.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I think the thing about Tony that really drives people up the wall is how shamelessly he'll insist he didn't screw you or that you can still trust him. It would be one thing if he was just a player who outplayed you. But now you're stuck working with him and he's basically trying to gaslight you that its a good thing. That's clearly driving Jeremy insane and Sarah just snapped.

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS

ApplesandOranges posted:

There's a decent amount of ego on the line too, no matter how laid-back all of them are. Even Denise is getting frustrated and she's usually pretty unflappable.

I think if Tyson and Adam were still in the game a head or two might have melted down by now from all the chaos and paranoia.

Hell, the ego part is baked into the season premise. Just picture Jeff pacing behind any given player, and sometimes gliding forward to whisper into an ear, Grand Vizier style. "You're a two-time winner. Are you going to let HIM dictate your game?" "Are you so uncertain of your chances that you wish to use an immunity idol, the symbol of a coward?" "Why fight for the immunity that is your birthright, my lord, when instead you could have this....peeeaaaannnuuuttt buuuuuttteeeerrrrrrr……"

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS

TMMadman posted:

playing catch up, but how quickly we have all forgotten Pirate Master.

gently caress, just give me a season of Survivor that's nothing but now-grown contestants from Kid Nation. The youngest of those kids is 21 now, the oldest 28ish.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

TheCenturion fucked around with this message at 19:39 on May 4, 2020

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

STAC Goat posted:

Well in fairness there was. Kim had appeared to rally everyone to vote him out until he won that screwy immunity. That could have been all noise since obviously they weren't so fixed on getting Tony out to recognize the immunity situation. But everything could have flipped on him if he hadn't won that.
Not sure it would have worked if Ben's loyalty was to Tony at that point, which is how it appeared. Because that means Tony had 4 with Jeremy/Sarah, and Nick is afraid of ties

Tony may have jettisoned Jeremy in a show of good will only to then be cornered if Ben hadn't leaked to him. Although it's still not entirely clear when Ben flipped his vote and if it was because he got flustered at a live TC.

Actually if Tony was voting Jeremy as he initially seemed ready to then Tony wouldn't have 4 anymore and they could have actually blindsided him if he didn't have immunity

Fast Luck fucked around with this message at 20:55 on May 4, 2020

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

Why do I always want to sock it to you so hard?

TheCenturion posted:

gently caress, just give me a season of Survivor that's nothing but now-grown contestants from Kid Nation. The youngest of those kids is 21 now, the oldest 28ish.

THIS IS THE BEST IDEA EVER.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
I think a month with Tony on an island would drive anyone a little insane.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

TheCenturion posted:

:stare:

YES

also holy poo poo :corsair:

JesusSinfulHands
Oct 24, 2007
Sartre and Russell are my heroes

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
really feelin that blue sad face this year

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

TheCenturion posted:

That was a cool show, I'd watch the gently caress out of a Survivor: Kid Nation Alumni

Vernacular
Nov 29, 2004

STAC Goat posted:

I think the thing about Tony that really drives people up the wall is how shamelessly he'll insist he didn't screw you or that you can still trust him. It would be one thing if he was just a player who outplayed you. But now you're stuck working with him and he's basically trying to gaslight you that its a good thing. That's clearly driving Jeremy insane and Sarah just snapped.

His body language at TC was a thing of beauty, with him holding Jeremy's shoulder while the votes were read as some next level emotional manipulation.

In general, the way he's been dealing with Jeremy is the true mark of Tony's genius this season. I'm fairly certain Tony can beat Jeremy at the end, and I think Tony knows that as well, so there's no pressing need to vote him out, but at the same time if Tony himself is catching heat or Ben/Sarah are insistent on Jeremy going home, then he can just as easily take his foot off the gas, go along with his core alliance and get himself one vote closer to F4.

But I think Tony's path to the end most likely includes Jeremy (and possibly the EoE returnee, who I think Tony will snap up as he's done with Jeremy). It'll be really interesting to see if he can marshal enough opposition to Denise this week. If he can get her out while saving both Jeremy and his idol, he has a real chance of winning the drat thing.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Jeremy's chances don't look so good then, if he's up there with Tony, Tony saved him too much to get credit for much after that.

Right now I'd wager Ben makes it to the final because every final four needs at least one person you loving hate and cant stand is even there somehow

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735
Jeremy vs. Ben in fire making would be everything I could hope for.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Khanstant posted:

Jeremy's chances don't look so good then, if he's up there with Tony, Tony saved him too much to get credit for much after that.

Right now I'd wager Ben makes it to the final because every final four needs at least one person you loving hate and cant stand is even there somehow

also because everyone else recognizes he probably doesn't contend for any jury votes. he's burned bridges with rob, adam, tyson, danni, ethan...i don't know what allies he possible has. maybe sarah if she gets the boot? the guy hasnt even gotten any fire tokens from any of the voted out players, which i still contend is a big sign as to who the jury is leaning toward (in which case, michele and denise looking like a big threats here)

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Yeah I agree. My final four pick is:
Ben
Michelle
Denise
Tony

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

Thanks for a MONSTER of an avatar, Awful Survivor Mods!

Lampsacus posted:

Ben
Michelle
Denise
Tony

This seems likely, I could see Tony/Sarah making it to the end together and maybe Tony could scare people into voting out Denise (based on her "big move" back in early March or whatever), so maybe Tony, Sarah, Michelle, Ben

This is the first season I'm not dreading the fire-making, because every single player knew it was coming and if they didn't work their fingers to the bone practicing, that's on them

i'm really excited to see how that plays out

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Spokes posted:

This seems likely, I could see Tony/Sarah making it to the end together and maybe Tony could scare people into voting out Denise (based on her "big move" back in early March or whatever), so maybe Tony, Sarah, Michelle, Ben

This is the first season I'm not dreading the fire-making, because every single player knew it was coming and if they didn't work their fingers to the bone practicing, that's on them

i'm really excited to see how that plays out

This is the fifth season where fire-making has been known to everyone. Yet we still have people as recently as the last season who never bothered making fire.

People can be pretty dumb.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Lampsacus posted:

Ben
Michelle
Denise
Tony

Sarah instead of Denise and you have mine.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
As final 7s go, I don't hate what we have here at all. It could have had Danni, Amber, Kim... really under the radar players who you would expect to win an All-Star.

I really liked how much strategy we got in this week's episode.

I'm only just caught up today and haven't really read what everyone thinks yet, but... I really feel like every player needs to kneecap Tony for their own sake right now. Except maybe Jeremy who has no other choice other than to work with him and vote him out right before final.

I don't see a great path for Michelle or Ben to the win.

I so very badly want Tony to win.

Zesty fucked around with this message at 05:39 on May 6, 2020

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.
Every EoE segment:

*camera gets close enough to boop Amber on the nose*

"Oh right, Amber exists."

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

"Sorry forgot you were here Amber"

el oso
Feb 18, 2005

phew, for a minute there i lost myself
*Ambah

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Zesty posted:

As final 7s go, I don't hate what we have here at all. It could have had Danni, Amber, Kim... really under the radar players who you would expect to win an All-Star.

I really liked how much strategy we got in this week's episode.

I'm only just caught up today and haven't really read what everyone thinks yet, but... I really feel like every player needs to kneecap Tony for their own sake right now. Except maybe Jeremy who has no other choice other than to work with him and vote him out right before final.

I don't see a great path for Michelle or Ben to the win.

I so very badly want Tony to win.

i think michele could beat tony if its them and ben in the final 3. comes down to jury speeches at that point. remember she was able to convince wendell to vote out yul when they were already in an alliance together and she was completely on the outs tribe wise. i wouldn't discount her yet.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

OFFICER LIGER posted:

i think michele could beat tony if its them and ben in the final 3. comes down to jury speeches at that point. remember she was able to convince wendell to vote out yul when they were already in an alliance together and she was completely on the outs tribe wise. i wouldn't discount her yet.

lmao not a chance

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
She did it in Kaoh Rong when I didn’t expect her to be able to. I’m not counting her 100% out of it if she’s up against Ben and someone that people are really mad at. Especially if she does some impressive stuff between now and the end.

Even though she was voting Jeremy this round, she was making a good connection with him by giving him that advantage. She does the social game in unexpected ways that can benefit her.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
It would be goddamn hilarious of Michele beat Tony and still has to hear poo poo about a controversial victory.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Zesty posted:

She did it in Kaoh Rong when I didn’t expect her to be able to. I’m not counting her 100% out of it if she’s up against Ben and someone that people are really mad at. Especially if she does some impressive stuff between now and the end.

Even though she was voting Jeremy this round, she was making a good connection with him by giving him that advantage. She does the social game in unexpected ways that can benefit her.

I just don't think people are that mad at Tony for her to pull that off. And it's even harder for her to do that with a Jury that has a bunch of people she never or barely played with on it, too.

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD

TheCenturion posted:

Hell, the ego part is baked into the season premise. Just picture Jeff pacing behind any given player, and sometimes gliding forward to whisper into an ear, Grand Vizier style. "You're a two-time winner. Are you going to let HIM dictate your game?" "Are you so uncertain of your chances that you wish to use an immunity idol, the symbol of a coward?" "Why fight for the immunity that is your birthright, my lord, when instead you could have this....peeeaaaannnuuuttt buuuuuttteeeerrrrrrr……"

Survivor S40: "Why fight for immunity when instead you could have this peanut butter?"

(i don't know how to change thread titles, otherwise I'd do this)

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

https://i.imgur.com/DSQpcsN.mp4

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

As of right now I don’t think the jury is mad enough to be bitter. But Tony is playing in the kind of way that does a lot of damage real fast and that thing where Michelle gave Jeremy her coin does speak to the real sincere feeling social game Michelle has.

The problem I think is even if Tony royally pisses everyone off do all those Edge of Extinction Voters also get bitter? The larger jury seems like it works against that happening.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
From a Jury standpoint Tony is the only one making those few hours of sitting there bearable. They get so excited when they saw him doing a little tribal chaos. I do hope Michelle does something next few weeks, when I see her I still see "coulda shoulda been Aubrey."

pokeyman posted:

Every EoE segment:

*camera gets close enough to boop Amber on the nose*

"Oh right, Amber exists."

Don't forget, she's probably just talking about Rob anyway.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

IcePhoenix posted:

I just don't think people are that mad at Tony for her to pull that off. And it's even harder for her to do that with a Jury that has a bunch of people she never or barely played with on it, too.

Who said Tony?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Zesty posted:

Who said Tony?

Officer Liger, which is what prompted the entire conversation.

If the basis of the conversation wasn't her sitting next to Tony (and Ben) then it would be a vastly different discussion

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

I CAN'T SAY PRESIDENT DONALD JOHN TRUMP'S NAME BECAUSE HE'S LIKE THAT GUY FROM HARRY POTTER AND I'M AFRAID I'LL SUMMON HIM. DONALD JOHN TRUMP. YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT.
OUR 47TH PRESIDENT AFTER THE ONE WHO SHOWERS WITH HIS DAUGHTER DIES
Grimey Drawer

STAC Goat posted:

As of right now I don’t think the jury is mad enough to be bitter. But Tony is playing in the kind of way that does a lot of damage real fast and that thing where Michelle gave Jeremy her coin does speak to the real sincere feeling social game Michelle has.

The problem I think is even if Tony royally pisses everyone off do all those Edge of Extinction Voters also get bitter? The larger jury seems like it works against that happening.

Do Sarah and Tony have any kind of real world relationship/friendship? I have no idea, but it seems like the way he's playing atm he might not care. She seemed more worried about the $2 mil the other day when she was shown to be pissed at him, so whatever; if he's seen to send her off, there could be fun jury angst though.

[The reality is a jury of winners probably understands that whatever it takes to win is acceptable. But then again...$2 mil....]

e.martin
Jun 22, 2018

Looking forward to the double episode tonight. Have to say Tony is playing the best game so far and probably deserves to win.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Khanstant posted:

I do hope Michelle does something next few weeks, when I see her I still see "coulda shoulda been Aubrey."

I used to be think this too but Aubrey's last season (and post season interview) got me to get over it.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Now that we're fairly far past Kaoh Rong, only 4 interesting people came out of it. Tai, Debbie, Michelle, Aubry. In that order. Nick's okay too but only on podcasts.

It sure had some wackos on it. Jennifer Lanzetti, Anna Khait, and super unlikable bullies Kyle Jason and Scot Pollard.

Zesty fucked around with this message at 00:42 on May 7, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735
God I don't like Aubry at all, but some of that is post-KR appearances, I guess.