Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MisterJed
May 9, 2004

SHALASHASKA HAWKE posted:

that actually is understandable

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Let's_kill_all_the_lawyers

Thanks, and double-thanks for exposing that I’m not really cultured in anyway, poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MisterJed
May 9, 2004

Somberbrero posted:

Yeah that guy sucks. Don't tell him I said that though.

Hmm

MisterJed
May 9, 2004

MisterJed posted:

Thanks, and double-thanks for exposing that I’m not really cultured in anyway, poo poo

Clever as hell hawke, props

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
B-1 used to have all sorts of good casing and good cases but that was like one and a half years ago... now I just wait until we are scum/dead chat buddies for dog pics I think.

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

No child soldier in poverty by 1990

Toalpaz posted:

B-1 used to have all sorts of good casing and good cases but that was like one and a half years ago... now I just wait until we are scum/dead chat buddies for dog pics I think.

bernie losing was hard on us all. it killed me, for instance

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

Somberbrero posted:

Good evening binus how are your reads coming 🙂

I’m going for a run and then I’ll have time to put together some reads

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Toalpaz posted:

Show me a game where I had rock solid reads super early in the game. I don’t think one exists. Also I promised reads today and I will deliver.

I also play mafia on my phone a lot more, which sucks tbh.

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
ergh good morning

i like yumings posts and they read genuine. removes meta reasons for scumminess yes.

chaoslord posted:

Agree with bottom two bits of this post. Can you speak to the first one a bit?

ok

the emerald being in the room where cheese dies reminds me of previous ecco games where scum and town had items. beware of scum bearing gifts.

so emerald could be scum, unlucky, or sk

birb has claimed miller w role, which is why i say obv maybe too obv he would be sk.

hope moat posts soon. b i was looking forward to reading your case on moat where is it?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

b-minus1 posted:

I’m going for a run and then I’ll have time to put together some reads

Oh that's great! Exercise is so important. It's something I've fallen out of in the past month and that is definitely affecting my mental state. Enjoy your run.

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
people i would currently shoot:

gamer
birb
bminus
toal
ixt
moat

and finally

merk
re: meta cases, i'm beginning to worry merk is scum. town merk has been in my experience is engaged and driving the thread. i do not feel that way about merk atm. he's pressured navy and ixt but that it, a glance at his post history shows me an unengaged and shallow casing merk.

merk are you scum this game.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Somberbrero posted:

Yeah that guy sucks. Don't tell him I said that though.

What's your problem? I vaguely remember fighting with you in a game 5+ years ago but seriously why do you think it's okay to talk to me like you have been?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Ixtlilton posted:

What's your problem? I vaguely remember fighting with you in a game 5+ years ago but seriously why do you think it's okay to talk to me like you have been?

Like i have been? There's nothing wrong with anything I've said to you.

MisterJed
May 9, 2004

Ixtlilton posted:

Hi, I think you should mellow out

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

MisterJed posted:

Hi, I think you should mellow out

yeah I'm just gonna put him on ignore, thanks

MisterJed
May 9, 2004

Aww man

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
:[

lets not fight friends its just mafia

ixt a question. of the people on my list what two people do you think i should shoot?

MisterJed
May 9, 2004

Why would you put anyone on ignore in a mafia game

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Atomic Soda posted:

:[

lets not fight friends its just mafia

ixt a question. of the people on my list what two people do you think i should shoot?

Exactly, it's just mafia. The idea that anything I've said is over that boundary seems silly to me. Am I wrong?

MisterJed
May 9, 2004

Ixtlilton posted:

but seriously why do you think it's okay to talk to me like you have been?

Not a fan of the tone you’re taking here

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

MisterJed posted:

Not a fan of the tone you’re taking here

please, drop it

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Evening, thread.

b- I hope you had a nice run! Running is like medicine for me. Unfortunately, my running shorts and belt are no longer comfortable :|

And the Gap has been sold of my size maternity running shorts for over a month now. May have to look elsewhere!

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

Gamer. “oh no we lost multiple towns” at day start is performative scumminess

Gamerofthegame posted:

why does the scum/thirds just go for lurkers d1 everytime

smh cowards

what

i think you have me mistaken for SNG

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

MisterJed posted:

You were saying the mistake is that I accidentally revealed that I knew he was town.

How is that a mistake from a town point of view? I think you were in a rush to move on from the argument quickly and I made a mistake in not pressing further.

##vote hawke
I like this point. I just went back and looked the original birb post in context here.

To write off Jed as having made a "mistake from a town POV" legit doesn't make sense because the mistake itself was having a scum POV.

I like Jed's recent posting enough to ##unvote -- even though I am actually voting for b- atm because I forgot to unvote last time :sparkles:

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

Gamerofthegame posted:

what

i think you have me mistaken for SNG

no that’s the post hat annoyed me although you’re right you didn’t mention towns

MisterJed
May 9, 2004

yuming posted:

I like this point. I just went back and looked the original birb post in context here.

To write off Jed as having made a "mistake from a town POV" legit doesn't make sense because the mistake itself was having a scum POV.

I like Jed's recent posting enough to ##unvote -- even though I am actually voting for b- atm because I forgot to unvote last time :sparkles:

Cool and congrats on the baby!

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

Atomic Soda posted:

gamer
birb
bminus
toal
ixt
moat

and finally

merk
re: meta cases, i'm beginning to worry merk is scum. town merk has been in my experience is engaged and driving the thread. i do not feel that way about merk atm. he's pressured navy and ixt but that it, a glance at his post history shows me an unengaged and shallow casing merk.

idk but u seem scum :)

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Thanks!

I agree with what Somb said,

I keep coming back to this: if yuming had trouble getting a handle on reads and advocated for a lurker vote that’s fine, but why go to the effort of portraying the lurkers as scummy? The answer is to pretend scumhunt
##unvote
##vote yuming
That this is an over-simplification of my play. When pressed about it birb comments that he doesn't like to read the thread. :sparkles:

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Ixtlilton posted:

You gently caress off too

yikes?

Atomic Soda posted:

gamer
birb
bminus
toal
ixt
moat

and finally

merk

Nah. Just busy. I control games as scum.

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

yuming posted:

Thanks!

I agree with what Somb said,

That this is an over-simplification of my play. When pressed about it birb comments that he doesn't like to read the thread. :sparkles:

What have I been pressed on sorry?

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

kinda weird that Soda isn’t around alll that much but a gun shows up an hey presto

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Hi I’ve been a garbage person this game. But I’m not garbage! I’ll find scum when I wake up in the (real life) morning.

The ixt vote does seem ok. There’s fake emotion there. No scum hunting.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

:ghost: at least I can assess environmental violations proficiently I guess! :ghost:

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

What have I been pressed on sorry?
This response is what I was referring to.

I can’t read, and furthermore;
Rereading all of birb's posts, I still think he just reads more enigmatic of a player to me than scummy. He's been consistent about not liking my votes.

I am going to ##vote Toalpaz because I don't like their characterization of my play.

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

hey yuming it was more I disagreed with somber and he talked about “in context” but didn’t provide any

so it’s really Somber’s fault for not postign goodly

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

yuming posted:

This response is what I was referring to.

Rereading all of birb's posts, I still think he just reads more enigmatic of a player to me than scummy. He's been consistent about not liking my votes.

I am going to ##vote Toalpaz because I don't like their characterization of my play.

That's an understandable vote, but is it the correct one? I am not completely convinced that Toal is town, but I see how town could have come to the conclusion that Toal did. However, I currently feel confident that Ixt or binus is a correct vote. I'd like to see binus's work before I make another decision there, but from what I've seen today they're coming from a mindset I find difficult to rationalize with a town alignment. Please consider it!

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

hey yuming it was more I disagreed with somber and he talked about “in context” but didn’t provide any

so it’s really Somber’s fault for not postign goodly

I have never made a good post.

Really though I'm too sleepy to go back now but reading that page as a whole I think there's just some miscommunication going on here.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Somberbrero posted:

That's an understandable vote, but is it the correct one? I am not completely convinced that Toal is town, but I see how town could have come to the conclusion that Toal did. However, I currently feel confident that Ixt or binus is a correct vote. I'd like to see binus's work before I make another decision there, but from what I've seen today they're coming from a mindset I find difficult to rationalize with a town alignment. Please consider it!
I am waiting for b- to post reads and Ixti I just kinda feel bad about because they're upset so I'm gonna leave the situation alone for now.

Toal hasn't really engaged me directly or responded to some of the things I said to them so I thought it was a fair vote to prompt a response.

Plus without any follow up I do think they are suspicious.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

Somberbrero posted:

I hmm... I want to give Ixt a chance because I feel he rarely plays mafia with us.... hmm.

I wouldn't mind voting B- at this point.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
I thought I would start by quoting all of the spoons votes in the order in which they were cast. This will probably only be helpful to me but I thought I would post it anyway

Atomic Soda posted:

good morning
##vote spoonsy

Monathin posted:

Also ##vote Spoonsy
Doing this because their post history is hilariously truncated and I would like to see them make some commentary on the Mafia currently being played itt

Somberbrero posted:

I find myself in a depressive fugue state today so I'm having trouble engaging this new content how I'd like to. That said, hawke is probably the most active and aggressive participant. I don't think voting them makes sense when I've lost whatever prior conviction I had.
Similarly soda is currently maintaining a good, consistent tempo. I like her constantly beating the Spoonsy drum, I feel scum honing in on one target is the exception rather than the rule.
##unvote
##vote Spoonsy

Moatillata posted:

:v:
##unvote
##vote spoonsy

merk posted:

It’s a lurker case, yeah. His somber vote isn’t great too. If it’s either him or cheese I’ll ##unvote; ##vote spoonsy

##unvote
number go up
##vote spoonsy

xopods posted:

Haha, seriously? You're both just gonna come in here right after I say I feel like you're trying to swing the vote off Spoonsy, and then do what looks exactly like that? Just blatantly, with no justification for the votes.
It almost seems too blatant, but it makes me want to see how Spoonsy flips.
##unvote
##vote Spoonsy

Sandwolf posted:

##vote Spoonsy
Where did this Ixt thing come from?

cheese sandwich posted:

Ixt will probably not happen today and I need to get back to work
##unvote
##vote spoons

Gamerofthegame posted:

##unvote
##vote spoons

Toalpaz posted:

[quote="chaoslord" post="504617469"]
I guess we are just speaking two different mafia languages. If you're saying you're making reads, as you did above, to me, that means you are thinking if things are scummy or not. Which would mean that if you're saying "this is pinging me", it's something that jumps out to you as scummy. But you said that when you say something is pinging you that doesn't mean you find it scummy. I can't wrap my head around that, but if that's how you play, that's how you play. But, either way, deadlines just about here.
##unvote
##vote spoonsy
[/quote
The first thing I noticed is that there were very few unvotes of spoonsy. Moat was the only person to vote/unvote. Not sure what this means, but it is strange to see, especially on day 1. Actually, for as long as the day was, there weren’t that many votes.
Chaoslord through toalaz votes happened in the final ten min, likely to ensure a lunch. this isn’t necessarily scummy, after all deaths and flips provide content to work with. Just something to keep in mind. Now that we know that cheese sandwich flipped town, yesterday essentially came down to lunching two town players. There was some eod lxtlilton discussion but that went nowhere.
Alright, I’ve got like 10 tabs open. time for a deeper dive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Oh yeah, I think it goes without saying that not all the scum voted spoonsy. So we also need to look at those who voted elsewhere (or voted no lunch :V)