Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What system will you play the Good COD Game on?
PS4
XBone
PC
generic comedy option
View Results

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
Data miners say you're gonna get a mode with no loadout drops *eventually* . I think they just wanted a super simple casual system.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kramjacks
Jul 5, 2007

Stimulus solos is really bad, I think.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Kramjacks posted:

Stimulus solos is really bad, I think.

:hmmyes:

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

It's cool that I'm not worried about minmaxing the loot I find in the world and instead I was just focus on shooting at the other guys

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

drunken officeparty posted:

I’ll say it again. It’s loving absurd that there are 5 million gun attachments in the game and yet there is no point to looting anything ever in warzone. Loadout drops are stupid, the same five world guns are stupid. Why they didn’t copy weapon modding like Pubg is the worlds greatest mystery. It would actually be a good BR game if it was like that.

I'm actually kinda glad I don't have to hunt for attachments.

My friends and I usually play until we get enough for a loadout drop and then we get what we prefer. No need to hunt for specific scopes or stocks or whatever. Just loadout drop and yolo into fights.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

Seems like in that situation a regular grenade would have just killed them. What am I missing here?

Also, you can shoot them through the wall since you know where they are, whereas you might have had to open yourself up to fire if you wanted to hit them with a lethal.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

more shooting dudes and less picking poo poo up off the ground makes wz the only br i can stand.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Fart Car '97 posted:

It's cool that I'm not worried about minmaxing the loot I find in the world and instead I was just focus on shooting at the other guys

Yes

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
Anyone getting server issues? Every time I try to play it kicks me back to the main menu and gives me an error saying the servers are under maintenance.

Belbos Computer
Nov 20, 2005

Fiat Lux, Big Bang, seven days, seven minutes, seven seconds, and a universe is born before your eyes.
Slippery Tilde

Live At Five! posted:

Anyone getting server issues? Every time I try to play it kicks me back to the main menu and gives me an error saying the servers are under maintenance.

Happening to me too

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

JaySB posted:

Fine, I'll bite. Seeing as the Kilo is within a 50ms TTK of the M4, Grau, and M13 at most ranges in WZ, what many other options would you say it's outclassed by?

I like the Kilo and use it - it's good and it works just fine. You will lose more gunfights against M4s with it. I play the game to have fun and not micromanage my max efficiency though and the Kilo is fun. I also use the snapshot grenades.

When I have a series of bad rounds with the Grau, I switch to the M13, then the m4 and then the kilo and back to the Grau. Variety is the spice of life.

Addendum about Blackout and weapon attachments: I actually didn't mind the hunt for optimizing your weapon in Blackout but with the variety of different attachments I'm glad it's not in Warzone. I could see a system where you define your ideal attachments by weapon and attachment class (ie - you could have a preferred foregrip and preferred underbarrel launcher on a given weapon but you can only put one on) and then the loot you pick is just 'foregrip' or 'underbarrel' or 'barrel' for ext barrels. It would be cumbersome though so I'm fine with that not existing. It's an idea but not a good one.

pacerhimself fucked around with this message at 02:00 on May 10, 2020

OHOHSEVEN
Jan 21, 2013

"Bond...James Bond."

big nipples big life posted:

more shooting dudes and less picking poo poo up off the ground makes wz the only br i can stand.

Agreed, the idea of money in this game makes looting only useful for loadouts, UAV and revives.

The buy station creates a lot of action which makes finding people not a chore anymore.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Loadouts really cheapen the whole game and drops should be 100% random drawing from the vast array of unnecessary items the game has to offer.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

codo27 posted:

Loadouts really cheapen the whole game and drops should be 100% random drawing from the vast array of unnecessary items the game has to offer.

A mode where loadouts are cheap and the guns and all 5 attachments are random would be a great LTM

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh

I have fun playing warzone with a KD below 1 because of the loadouts/gulag/buybacks. If those weren't in, I would have stopped a long time ago. The fun part of COD is shooting mans with a gun that exactly fits your playstyle. The initial few minutes of world drop guns is the least fun part of the game for me, especially playing in mostly PC lobbies on console.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I would like perks to not be a part of loadouts but perhaps you can pay to respec them at a station.

I find I like just playing with guns I pickup anyway, mostly because I don’t have a lot of attachments to make good loadouts anyway.

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy
Honestly that's why I play plunder, the whole loadouts vs looted weapons thing, and one death ruining the round isn't for me, which I realized in multiple battle royales before tbh. I only play regular Multiplayer now because endless Shipment playlists are extremely my poo poo.

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

Supesudandi wa, kukan-nai no dandidesu

Fart Car '97 posted:

A mode where loadouts are cheap and the guns and all 5 attachments are random would be a great LTM

I would love a Gun Draft mode, for sure.

HuntedWumpus
Dec 5, 2007
interesting hmm

Flannelette
Jan 17, 2010

I like that part too but I don't like that loadouts turn it into the same handful of viable guns on anyone that wants to have a chance of surviving.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

White elephant loadouts. Make the worst loadout and curse competing teams with them. You can't swap out your joke loadout till the timer runs down.

M4s kitted out with a 12x scope and 9mm conversion. Stockless durganovs. Whatever.

George RR Fartin
Apr 16, 2003

So this is crashing way more often tonight than it has in recent memory - four times tonight alone, I CTD'd. It was mixed normal mult and WZ. Is this a patch related thing, or am I just unlucky tonight?

Infidelicious
Apr 9, 2013

Fart Car '97 posted:

This.

WZ is great because conflict avoidance and looting aren't particularly emphasized.

IMO the fun part of the genre isn't looting, it's getting fights on somewhat random terrain at a variety of ranges against an unknown number of enemies.

I'd make free drops marked for everyone and make the drop happen at the buy station to add risk to using them though.

But I'm obviously biased towards forcing conflict.

Also not having people whining about who gets what scope or dicking around with their inventory is a billion times better than pubg

Infidelicious fucked around with this message at 05:44 on May 10, 2020

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
How did I not know there was a horn for vehicles key (Q), drat it amuses me too much to zoom around giving the occasional saucy beep.

I drove the heavy truck all the way across some airport tarmac towards a hanger with a team busy looting while honking ferociously and I still managed to run one of them over, it owned.

The other two set my truck on fire then gunned me down but totally worth it

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

priznat posted:

How did I not know there was a horn for vehicles key (Q), drat it amuses me too much to zoom around giving the occasional saucy beep.

I drove the heavy truck all the way across some airport tarmac towards a hanger with a team busy looting while honking ferociously and I still managed to run one of them over, it owned.

The other two set my truck on fire then gunned me down but totally worth it

i blame this on streyr

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

I can't imagine how awful messing around with an inventory mid game must be with a gamepad, which is what most people are using since it's still Call of Duty

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
blackout had a pretty robust inventory system and you know what? it was a better system than what WZ has :colbert:

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

At first I’d have changed a bunch of stuff about loot in WZ but I really wouldn’t change anything now. I wanna play a big scale tactical shooter not a loot game.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

I want to play a loot game

Infidelicious
Apr 9, 2013

Play any other br then?

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013

Fart Car '97 posted:

Does that work for you? Do you mainly use it at closer range? I found that when I paired the 28 strand cable and 200lb arms the bolts were just super unreliable at mid-range. Any benefit from the extra velocity was lost with the fact that the bolt could easily just go wide and miss a well aimed shot at someone who was standing still. It made hitting moving targets almost impossibly unreliable because there's no way to account for whether or not the bolt is going to pull left or right.

I find the crossbow is no sniper rifle and I have trouble hitting target after 100m anyway. So the acuracy is less of a problem for me than leading ennemies with the super slow explosive bolt.
I'm not super good anyway and I don't think it's a super competitive gun, it's is simply decent and very fun to use.
Also it make a lot of people rage in their mic which is the icing on the cake.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Being able to keep the game interesting by doing missions that will ultimately help you find other teams to kill and scout out the progression of the round etc, all which reward you with money to buy extremely useful things is so much more interesting than running around and opening presents to try and find the perfect setup for most of the game. The fact that it's not hard to run around with your own personal preferred loadout is a massivly positive thing. And loot is not irrelevant, there are still frequently times when a good pickup will save your rear end and it's very helpful for anyone who hasn't leveled up guns much yet.

I'd honestly have a hard time playing any of the other BR games at this point. Warzone solves about 70% of the problems I had with the genre, although there can still be way too much downtime once in a while.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

IM DAY DAY IRL posted:

blackout had a pretty robust inventory system and you know what? it was a better system than what WZ has :colbert:

THEN LET’S PLAY BLACKOUT AGAIN!

GRAB THAT FREE WEAPON BRIBE AND LETS DROP NUKETOWN ALL DAY HELL YEAH

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Rampart 2x/MOG all day everyday day.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
They should alter perks to all be valuable in warzone, they did it in coop after all

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
I did a random quickplay into some super sweaty game mode and I'm really happy that crossplay exists because console players poo poo talking is so much more fun than PC players 9 out of 10.

I also got made fun of for being so old and playing video games with teenagers lmao but someone defended me cause my k/d was decent for an old lmao

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Excluding the Blackout paint can challenge (because let's face it, that was a trash challenge and doesn't count because you can gold a weapon without even picking it up) I got gold on my first COD weapon ever, the almighty PKM. I'm closest next on the MP5 (longshot and mounted) and Deagle (longshot). Slowly plugging away on Deagle longshots in pregame lobbies.

Glenn Quebec posted:

I did a random quickplay into some super sweaty game mode and I'm really happy that crossplay exists because console players poo poo talking is so much more fun than PC players 9 out of 10.

I also got made fun of for being so old and playing video games with teenagers lmao but someone defended me cause my k/d was decent for an old lmao

You have to explain that the arthritis makes it extra hard to use a controller and get kills.

Non-joke reply, my hands get sore as hell from playing for a couple hours. Not even 40, what is this bullshit?

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh

Snazzy Frocks posted:

They should alter perks to all be valuable in warzone, they did it in coop after all

A bunch of perks have WZ specific uses but the problem is ghost is just so much better than every other perk in slot 2. Hardline and Pointman are only really useful if you're aggressively doing missions or buying a lot of stuff the entire game. Overkill is actually decent if your squad gets a quick loadout drop and you plan to pick up ghost off the 1st free drop (or keep yourself as UAV bait). High alert is fully countered by the most used slot 1 perk.

I think it would be cool if they tried a perkless loadout mode that doesn't change anything else.

jerman999
Apr 26, 2006

This is a lex imperfecta
I just need some headshots and longshots for SMG plat, gotta play some HC dom to finish it out. I thought about Damascus but the launcher and riot shield challenges seem awful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

10v10 shipment is up, the perfect time level both of those.