Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
Buy the blueprints from the vendor next to the crafting bench. You need one exotic part to reroll an exotic. Those only come from disenchanting exotics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olds
Oct 17, 2005

The Walrus posted:

It's ok if non-goon friends join? If so please invite sawalrus, bsam777 and grenier55. Thanks!

I've invited you and grenier55, but it shows bsam777 to be in another clan.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

HatJudge posted:

I just got my first exotic as a drop from a normal difficulty bounty, and the dopamine rush that hit me when I saw the colour of the loot drop was almost embarrassing.

It's a Chameleon, in world tier 3, so probably not the greatest. But I can upgrade it, right? Do I need blueprints for that? Any mistakes I should look out for to not screw myself over?

Ha, I know that feeling of the dopamine for loot.

Funny poo poo

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

The exotic drop noise and that red pillar with the SHD symbol in it is tailor made to send a shiver down your spine. The Shepard rank up is the one that gets me :angel:

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
So people actually bother giving you shepherd ranks, huh?

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Torquemada posted:

So people actually bother giving you shepherd ranks, huh?

People have generally been nice about endorsing me. I'm not quite sure what triggers it though

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart
I've got a few ranks in it from answering calls for help a lot.
I think after a mission ends or after the checkpoint s taken they'll get the option to endorse you.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

You now get some Shepard ranks automatically.

Runaway Legs
Oct 11, 2012

Not a hat
Fun Shoe

Torquemada posted:

Buy the blueprints from the vendor next to the crafting bench. You need one exotic part to reroll an exotic. Those only come from disenchanting exotics.

Thanks. That seems like a steep hill to climb. Been putting a shitload of hours into this already, and this was my first. Guess there's going to be a little while until I can do anything like that.

No matter. Still fun.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I'm always thankful when someone with the wings joins my group during matchmaking because I almost always have a good experience with them so those who shepherd you are awesome

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

HatJudge posted:

Thanks. That seems like a steep hill to climb. Been putting a shitload of hours into this already, and this was my first. Guess there's going to be a little while until I can do anything like that.

No matter. Still fun.

Pray to RNGesus for multiple rolls. I keep getting Sweet Dreams. I already have a max rolls one dang it :argh: At least if you get a duplicate that's better, you can dismantle And get an Exotic Part. They can be used on any Exotic Blueprint. Also, I think they have set Attributes so you just have to worry about the numbers.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

So I see this skill tier stuff and I see the bar that indicates it but where can I learn what it actually means

Also should I be selling or deconstructing ? I'm level 6. I think my next unlock is the lady that lets me join the clan finally

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Statutory Ape posted:

So I see this skill tier stuff and I see the bar that indicates it but where can I learn what it actually means

Also should I be selling or deconstructing ? I'm level 6. I think my next unlock is the lady that lets me join the clan finally

Skill tier goes from 1-6. Each piece of armor has a main core.

Red - Weapon Core - Adds damage to your gun

Blue - Armor Core - Adds Armor

Yellow - Skill Core - Affects Skills - Varies by skill

If you add pieces of gear with Skill cores, that increases your Skill Tier, ie 2 pieces of Armor with Skill Cores = Skill Tier 2.

Each skill tells you what each Tier gives.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

HatJudge posted:

No matter. Still fun.

The rerolling exotics is pretty painless, really. As your gear improves, and you go from hard to challenging, then to heroic, you’ll get more exotics. They mostly drop with good rolls these days, and all the ones I rerolled gave me near god rolls in three or four tries.

You can also ask yourself some hard questions about how you play: are you honestly ever going to run a skill build? If not, Acosta’s Go Bag is basically a free reroll, and box farming is pretty simple. Liberty doesn’t take long to get either.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

The easiest way to get exotic components is still to do Hyena box runs to make a Chatterbox and then deconstructing it. If you have a Chatterbox already that you want to keep, just make an alt character and park it in their inventory.

There doesn't seem to be a limit on how many times the parts can drop in a day; I've been able to make 2 in a day before. You also have a chance at Acosta's as well, so that's even more components.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Okayy, finally got grace unlocked. Shart360 on PC. Tyvm

E: cool thanks for invite!

Worf fucked around with this message at 14:52 on May 9, 2020

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Wamdoodle posted:

The exotic drop noise and that red pillar with the SHD symbol in it is tailor made to send a shiver down your spine.

Sometimes it can give you false hope multiple times though. Last night a friend and I were running rifle focused Lincoln Memorial to hopefully get him a Diamondback that he broke down thinking he wouldn't be able to upgrade before they made that possible. On the second run I saw red. Tardigrade. Not so much a letdown because I didn't have it yet and the rolls were great.

A few runs later, he sees red. Tardigrade again. Well alright, he didn't have it yet so that's cool too. A few more runs in and I see red again.. you guessed it - a third Tardigrade. We had a laugh and called it a night. Great luck for exotic drops considering the number of total runs but drat.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

The Tardigrade does drop from True Sons bosses so it’s probably got a better chance overall than rolling a Diamondback from a random extra drop. I know Kenly isn’t great because it’s pretty boring design but you’re guaranteed to get a Diamondback at the end.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Kibayasu posted:

The Tardigrade does drop from True Sons bosses so it’s probably got a better chance overall than rolling a Diamondback from a random extra drop. I know Kenly isn’t great because it’s pretty boring design but you’re guaranteed to get a Diamondback at the end.

Is that still a one time reward? That was the one he broke down originally - we ran it like the first week it was out and got them.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

I don’t think you’re only allowed to get it once but even if you were as long as it isn’t in the inventory of the character opening the box or the stash you’ll get another one.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart
For as much as we need to hear about Kenly College, I thought it was the most boring set of missions in the game.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Is that still a one time reward? That was the one he broke down originally - we ran it like the first week it was out and got them.

I can confirm, at least of a few weeks ago, it's not a one-time reward. I've pulled a total of three Diamondbacks out of three full runs of Kenly (once solo, twice with different groups).

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

LuciferMorningstar posted:

I can confirm, at least of a few weeks ago, it's not a one-time reward. I've pulled a total of three Diamondbacks out of three full runs of Kenly (once solo, twice with different groups).

can also confirm this since I've gotten two (in two different groups)

I'm not crazy enough to run it three times :v:

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Awesome, Kenly college is my least favorite area in the game but if we can get it with a once through that makes it way easier. Thank you all for the responses.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
Just finished the reanimation event, after missing the polarity one. Are they all improved by waiting until day 4? There seems to be a hell of a lot of overlap in some of the stages.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Torquemada posted:

Just finished the reanimation event, after missing the polarity one. Are they all improved by waiting until day 4? There seems to be a hell of a lot of overlap in some of the stages.

Yeah you may as well. There's a lot of overlap. On the other hand some of them are a pain in the rear end, so giving yourself more time can help.

Olds
Oct 17, 2005
After using Perfect Focus and a Strained L86 with a Digital Scope for a few days, some thoughts:

1) Had a discussion with a clanmate over whether Focus would/should be nerfed. He believes it probably will be and should be nerfed; I'm not so sure. His argument is its advantage over Glass Cannon is too much for not having a damage taken malus; I would say that if anything using Perfect Focus actually makes you more fragile.

2) Perfect Focus big advantage is its insane 60% Weapon Damage bonus. With full Focus and Strained running I was hitting 1.5 million damage headshots with the L86. To put it in perspective with Perfect focus and a Boomerang M1A I was topping out at 6 million damage headshots.

3) However, it does not work with specialization weapons or pistols, a huge negative in my opinion. I was regularly one shotting heroic elites with 25 mill damage glass cannon TAC 50 headshots; with focus (not working) I was only hitting 15 million, not even enough to strip off all their armor. It does work with stationary turrets though.

4) Due to the nature of being scoped in and lack of a shield, I was if anything more vulnerable than I was running a perfect glass cannon build with crusader or bulwark shield. You really need some support from tanks or status effect agents to really get the most out of Focus, whereas I could stay comfortably in the back shielded with crusader and M1A or move up front with Bulwark shield and the Mozambique Special.

5) I think Glass Cannon and Focus are fairly even, considering their pros and cons. I do think the other damage talents need a bit more boost outside of Overwatch (which the main DPS players aren't gonna carry anyways).

Runaway Legs
Oct 11, 2012

Not a hat
Fun Shoe
I just got another exotic! It was just as fun as the first. This time it was the shotgun, I think it was called Sweet Dreams. I don't really use shotguns, so I gave it to a friend.
I reckon since it seems that I've broken the seal I'll probably get more by the time I'm high enough level/gearscore to start rerolling anyways. Might as well spread the wealth.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

Jose Oquendo posted:

Yeah you may as well. There's a lot of overlap. On the other hand some of them are a pain in the rear end, so giving yourself more time can help.

The event was actually pretty effective at making me forget I was doing the same stuff I usually do, because of all the dependencies. The grenade one was a pain, and the burn one took a while because I haven’t done firewall yet. Oh, and the killing dudes with the goop one too.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

As long as you don’t get bored for most of the challenges you can just turn down the difficulty to Normal and blow through everything. Burning 100 undead enemies is a lot easier when a tier 6 firestarter will one shot most enemies.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
That’s exactly what I did. Didn’t want to have to think about my health while fiddling with all the other poo poo (although I had to use my crap pistol for the set zombies on fire one, so they had time to burn).

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

HatJudge posted:

I just got another exotic! It was just as fun as the first. This time it was the shotgun, I think it was called Sweet Dreams. I don't really use shotguns, so I gave it to a friend.
I reckon since it seems that I've broken the seal I'll probably get more by the time I'm high enough level/gearscore to start rerolling anyways. Might as well spread the wealth.

Sweet Dreams used to be good equipped in your second slot if you had an LMG in your first one. You could roll to reload like 25 rounds of your magazine and as someone that rolls constantly avoiding explosions I rarely had to reload during a long firefight. Then they took away it's fun talent.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
Completed the free trial and I'm mildly interested in the game. Don't care much for the story but the gameplay was pretty engaging. How often does this go on sale and what sort of tips do you guys have?

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

skaianDestiny posted:

Completed the free trial and I'm mildly interested in the game. Don't care much for the story but the gameplay was pretty engaging. How often does this go on sale and what sort of tips do you guys have?

Hard to predict the future of course but the base game has gone on sale for pretty cheap somewhat often lately since the expansion was released.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

I think the official store had the base game for $9.99 a couple weeks ago during the free weekend. I would say this game is def worth $10 even for the base game

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

TU 9.1 not released tomorrow, delayed for further testing
https://forums.ubisoft.com/showthread.php/2225593-Title-Update-9-1-Delay?p=14968740

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

I am not going to bitch about this. All of the problems since, and including WONY can most likely be attributed to lack of testing.

Olds
Oct 17, 2005

Jose Oquendo posted:

I am not going to bitch about this. All of the problems since, and including WONY can most likely be attributed to lack of testing.

Agreed, this is mostly a maintenance/stability patch anyways; I appreciate them getting these fixes right for once.

Tag Team may be even more broken than I thought. If you only have one skill on cooldown, it reduces the cooldown by 12 seconds instead of the stated 6.

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G
I bet it's more like 'we couldn't meet the deadline'. At this point I'm surprised they're not blaming working from home any more.

Also I happened upon an aimbot + possible RPM/dmg hack user yesterday while farming Lincoln. Basically it looked like he was shooting Bullet King in short bursts but that would kill any npc so fast I didn't even get to shoot third and forth named bosses. They died right where they spawned :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olds
Oct 17, 2005
They reworked Roosevelt for taking down the final target (hope you like Razorback generators!), which is pretty cool. They even changed the layout somewhat so it didn't quite walk the same. I really wish they went down this road for content more often since they don't have to keep finding new assets. It also makes the rest of the manhunt stuff even more lame in comparison; I'd rather each part have ended with a reworked mission than just another bounty.