Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Haha ok but seriously what should we do about the entrenched Bowsetteers
This poll is closed.
Join them 106 13.23%
Convince them to move on, to Melinda Megamelons 39 4.87%
Abstain 16 2.00%
28 3.50%
14 1.75%
32 4.00%
429 53.56%
Flame grenadegg 112 13.98%
10 1.25%
15 1.87%
Total: 801 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Yeah pretaped PR sizzle reels offer far less cringe than the chaos of actual pressers

Edit:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLwfLIPYjxE

my all time greatest e3 is the konami one where the one guy stands right behind the other one at a tiny podium and stares at his head

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

mario hoops has the cutest moogle design of any ff

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Unironically going to miss E3 and the associated threads and discords

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

sharrrk posted:

mario hoops has the cutest moogle design of any ff

I'll see that and raise the crystal chronicles moogles

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Lurdiak posted:

See also every single Platinum game.

Difference here is you can use half of the systems in a Platinum game and still have fun and feel effective. Indivisible's combat feels like confusing rear end until you seek out a secondary resource to actually teach you how you're supposed to play it.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

SeXReX posted:

The devs behind my current front runner for goty, Lena's inception, just announced a new project.

It's a monster capturing rpg that looks like it's include some of the fusion mechanics from smt. It has cute art instead of horny art tho so no one will care

https://twitter.com/ByttenStudio/status/1259857204741574658?s=19

this looks cool

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Looper posted:

I'll see that and raise the crystal chronicles moogles

mmm those are good, but they dont have a b-ball to ride on

Weedle
May 31, 2006

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Yeah pretaped PR sizzle reels offer far less cringe than the chaos of actual pressers

Edit:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLwfLIPYjxE

im losing m y fgucking mind at this

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
If I was interested in Final Fantasy VII Remake, but never played the original, should I play the original first?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Only if you really really want to

Weedle
May 31, 2006

there should be a video game podcast equivalent of this american life where they go find that lady and ask her what she was thinking about while she was screaming at the elder scrolls online guy

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Btw isn’t there a Pokémon exactly like this good pup?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ab1se0dkeCU

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Awesome Animals posted:

If I was interested in Final Fantasy VII Remake, but never played the original, should I play the original first?

nah you'll be fine

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I subscribe to the school of thought that if you didn't already play FF7OG more than 10 years ago, playing it before the Remake is not necessary and will not give the same experience as those of us who have the game etched in childhood nostalgia.

The Remake is designed to tell a cohesive story on its own that is also the start of another story that is its own and stands distinct from the OG. There are many nods that original players will see and original players will probably have more fully-developed thoughts about the ending, but they are not critical.

I am watching a streamer play 7OG after doing the Remake first and getting hooked into the world, and the experience seems fine. It'll be a different experience but it works.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Watching a JRPG stream seems like it’d be very boring

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
Excellent, I won't play the PS1 FFVII then. I would be interested in YouTube LPs of the old FF games, if anyone has a decent recommendation. I'm hesitant to just search it on YouTube, because I don't trust most content creators on that platform, especially for video games.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

Jay Rust posted:

JRPG streams rule mostly because they’re extremely chill most of the time. Really the only caveat is that the streamer has to have some sort of energy to carry it.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
FF7 is a pretty solid game, great even,but bereft of nostalgia it doesn't stand head and shoulders above the other great JRPGs imo.

Also the ten hours or so after where FF7R ends is the lowest point of the game by far and where most playthroughs go to die

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Jay Rust posted:

watching is a strong word but they're top tier for second monitor background noise

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

cheetah7071 posted:

FF7 is a pretty solid game, great even,but bereft of nostalgia it doesn't stand head and shoulders above the other great JRPGs imo.

Also the ten hours or so after where FF7R ends is the lowest point of the game by far and where most playthroughs go to die

Oh man the Cosmo Canyon storyline though

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Oh man the Cosmo Canyon storyline though

Yeah the period between Midgar and Temple of the Ancients is definitely not devoid of cool stuff. I also like the Wutai sidequest a lot.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Looper posted:

watching is a strong word but they're top tier for second monitor background noise

What are you doing on your first monitor

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
GAMING

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

yes ever since FF7R a significant amount of time has been me playing new-to-me FF games while watching people play FFs I've already played on the background monitor

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I wish I had the ability to split my attention that way, best I can do is listen to a podcast while replaying bits of a game I’ve already gone through before, and even then I miss about 50% of what the podcast says

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Jay Rust posted:

working, gaming, or posting, not always in that order

I'm definitely not catching everything and will pause one thing when i wanna focus on the other but idk, my brain gets itchy if i try to focus 100% on something like pokemon colosseum or picross. but i still wanna play those things!

Looper fucked around with this message at 20:17 on May 11, 2020

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Jay Rust posted:

I just turn it on whenever someone tells me to

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I never listen to podcasts while playing video games, nor do I watch tv or answer my wife while cutscenes are playing. I give it my all 100% of the time.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

bushisms.txt posted:

Hope everyone had a great weekend.

Ended up spending the weekend cooking and cleaning for the mother in law. Since she has an ultra sweet tooth, i made her a 4 layer cake, vanilla and chocolate with marshmallow fluff and cushed m&m between the layers.

Good son/daughter in law.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Im looking into WoW, and having never played a Warcraft its surprisingly difficult for me to get a handle on what the Alliance and the Horde are. The descriptions of them are very vague on what their deal is and then move on to what races are allowed in them. Is it really just a straight up race war?

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

exquisite tea posted:

I never listen to podcasts while playing video games, nor do I watch tv or answer my wife while cutscenes are playing. I give it my all 100% of the time.

You should watch the TV you're playing games on

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I never play games on TV!!

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Gripweed posted:

Im looking into WoW, and having never played a Warcraft its surprisingly difficult for me to get a handle on what the Alliance and the Horde are. The descriptions of them are very vague on what their deal is and then move on to what races are allowed in them. Is it really just a straight up race war?
yes

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

Gripweed posted:

yeah

mostly now they're an outdated excuse for world pvp that hasn't been good since 2005 and a writing crutch so they can reset the world to a nonsense status quo each expansion

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Barry Convex posted:

I like watching livestreamed announcement events even if they’re prerecorded :colbert:

yeah they're a lot of fun.

Gripweed posted:

Sort of.

The short description of the out of story reasons:

Warcraft 1 and 2 were just generic 'orcs evil invaders, humans good fight them orcs'. They decided to change that in War3. Then came World of Warcraft and they decided they wanted two sides and came up with vague reasons for the various races to group up into factions. It's entirely a gameplay contrivence, because in-story there are plenty of examples of people co-operating cross faction and plenty of powerful organizations that are open to all applicants.

In story, the humans don't like the orcs because they were literally demonic alien invaders and never quite got over that even when the orcs showed that they weren't just that.

It's not even that though because every expansion (idk about battle for azeroth) including classic wow has people from both factions working together!

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Which races are the good ones?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Gripweed posted:

the murlocs

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Gripweed posted:

Nominally they're both morally grey but in practice the Horde is the one that keeps getting suckered into committing war crimes regardless of if you want to or not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Lots of the races have bad posture, watch out