Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Yeah.

Yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lady Militant
Apr 8, 2020

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of class struggles.

watch it to die instantly

Lady Militant
Apr 8, 2020

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of class struggles.
i thought the "grimes should leave him" thing was kinda cringe but after watching elon throw her under the bus on that rogan interview if she as any self respect she should lmao

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.theverge.com/2020/5/11/21254871/tesla-fremont-shutdown-factory-production-model-3-y-elon-musk

Dude must be really desperate for some revenue. I see no chance of this backfiring. Also apparently employees were summoned in via sms rather than email probaby to reduce teh paper trail.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

fatelvis posted:

Dumb question, but why is this fundamentally a rightwing worldview? It's it because of the belief of individual great men changing the world, rather than the shared work of society, or as a whole?

How does that relate to being right wing - because it's individualistic?

I seem to have lost what the basic idea of left and right wing is these days.
a core principle of rightwingers and liberalism is that the masses should be ruled by their betters. in the case of liberalism, it's that employers should make all the important decisions about allocating resources and the employees should abide by them.

the Great Man theory goes hand in hand with this philosophy.

some people define leftwing/rightwing as whether or not someone believes there should be democracy in important institutions like where people work

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

https://www.theverge.com/2020/5/11/21254871/tesla-fremont-shutdown-factory-production-model-3-y-elon-musk

Dude must be really desperate for some revenue. I see no chance of this backfiring. Also apparently employees were summoned in via sms rather than email probaby to reduce teh paper trail.

i bet those are some quality vehicles.

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Elon Musk loathes women and demands them to be his slave.

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

Lady Militant posted:

i thought the "grimes should leave him" thing was kinda cringe but after watching elon throw her under the bus on that rogan interview if she as any self respect she should lmao

grimes loving sucks. they deserve each other. also he didn’t throw her under the bus he said she contributed the x æ part which while insanely stupid is at least a pronounceable name that is in line with her type of stupid. he proudly contributed the a-12 part which is the worst part of the name.

also I just realized x æ could be pronounced as cash, lol

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

nah rogan was all hurrr hurrr what a dumb name and elon was all yeah I know right that was my partner's whole thing

like not even defending her or saying he likes it, he looked embarrassed to even be associated with it until they started talking about the plane bit

ok maybe some conversations would be better through brain implants

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

baka kaba posted:

nah rogan was all hurrr hurrr what a dumb name and elon was all yeah I know right that was my partner's whole thing

like not even defending her or saying he likes it, he looked embarrassed to even be associated with it until they started talking about the plane bit

It's a stupid name from two stupid people, neither of whom should be defended.

Imagine not being embarrassed by your association with that.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

it is a bad name but he's a lovely partner to publicly throw her under the bus like that

especially when he's to blame for the worst part of it and he's happy to talk about how fully sick that bit is

elon really sucks is what I'm saying

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Also, it's only pronounced "Ash" according to Musk. Directly contradicting her explanation.

Per Grimes it is her "elven spelling of Ai (love&/or Artificial intelligence)."

If she were to say "my elven spelling of Jessica" you would pronounce it Jessica, not Ash.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Do I want to learn more about the elven spelling thing or would I rather not?

How does that mean "love"? Where did the elves come from?

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

Vox Nihili posted:

Ai in Elvish seems appropriate

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

the site gives another possible translation:

:oh:

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

Vox Nihili posted:

ai is love in Japanese (and also a name they could have just used) TRAP SPRUNG

you can spell it however you want if you're an elf!! Or is it ællf

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Vox Nihili posted:

Hypothesis: Grimes played incredibly horny visual novel AI: The Somnium Files and learned about the double meaning of "Ai" from there.

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005
i don't want to hate too much on grimes because she is going to be the target of some serious white nerd misogyny when elon dumps her and she sues him for child support

Classon Ave. Robot
Oct 7, 2019

by Athanatos
Grimes is a millionaire white woman who is married to a billionaire, nobody needs to feel bad for her ever.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1259945593805221891

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

We should get pizza delivered to the DA's office with some demented anti-musk slogan demanding that he be prosecuted who else here is crazy?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/arctechinc/status/1259945744905023496

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

i got no problem with this

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

:barf: :smugissar: :thermidor:

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
It's ok he self buffed before the inevitable police raid, white+billionaire confers total immunity

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

*chants getting louder*
perp walk perp walk perp walk

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

gently caress Elon Musk for making me side with the police.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

He wants very badly to be a martyr and inspire a ton of copycats

They need to just fine the ever-loving poo poo out of him and the company, keep it from becoming a circus

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Hizawk posted:

gently caress Elon Musk for making me side with the police.

you arent siding with the police, you are siding with health officials. there are plenty of pigs out there willfully not enforcing stay at home/social distancing/etc

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003

Not a Children posted:

He wants very badly to be a martyr and inspire a ton of copycats

They need to just fine the ever-loving poo poo out of him and the company, keep it from becoming a circus

Nah they absolutely should shut it down

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

from the guy who’s been tracking Elon’s private jets

https://twitter.com/evdefender/status/1259955816746139655?s=21

easy to act tough on the internet but he’s nowhere near the Bay Area right now

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

lol immediate climbdown from "if we ever restart Fremont production at all!!!"

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

oxsnard posted:

Nah they absolutely should shut it down

They should just cut the power. Don’t give him his PR arrest, just make it impossible to build a drat thing at the plant.

Zberan Madowinty
Dec 7, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Shifty Pony posted:

They should just cut the power. Don’t give him his PR arrest, just make it impossible to build a drat thing at the plant.

*shoots employee* LOOK WHAT HAPPENED WHEN THE POWER WENT OUT, HE WAS STANDING NEAR THE EMERGENCY POWEROUTAGE FLARE GUN I'M GONNA SUEEEEEEEEEEE

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

from the guy who tracks Elon’s private jets

https://twitter.com/evdefender/status/1259955816746139655?s=21

easy to play the martyr when you’re nowhere near the factory

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

A more bureaucratic loving would be to do something like revoke the certificate of occupancy, and require (weeks long) re-certification to get it back.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Lady Militant posted:

Sh'e's being punished by god for not advice from her life coach Azealia Banks.

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
FUCOKING CHRIST THROW HIM IN JAIL PLEASE

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Siljmonster posted:

FUCOKING CHRIST THROW HIM IN JAIL PLEASE

probably would help Tesla's stock if he can't tweet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
there's literally nothing you can do if the workers are willing to throw themselves off a cliff for him and he's meanwhile nowhere to be found

lying to each half of his factory that he's currently visiting the other half, and yes some of the managers swear they saw him