Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What system will you play the Good COD Game on?
PS4
XBone
PC
generic comedy option
View Results

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

blowing up vehicles is hands down my favorite part of warzone https://twitter.com/FlyboyVideo/status/1260016767973244929

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I like how 10v10 shipment is such a shitshow that it makes the game keep counting up kill streaks after you die and respawn

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

CareyB posted:

Are the ground war maps actually carved up warzone map or are there various tweaks?

They are slightly modified versions of the warzone areas and have slightly modified versions of the mp maps in them. Not always exactly the same but really close to it.

jerman999
Apr 26, 2006

This is a lex imperfecta
If there’s a new WZ map they got some good sandy maps to work with, shoothouse, backlot, aniyah, crash, kandor

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

veni veni veni posted:

What is the best crossbow loadout for WZ? Finally went and unlocked the attachments on shipment. Seems like 200lb and explosive bolts would be essential in WZ. Although I'm looking online and it seems like more people use thermite?

What is the advantage of the thermite over explosive? Explosive is a guaranteed down, with a guaranteed elimination if you hit in the torso/head.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Fart Car '97 posted:

What is the advantage of the thermite over explosive? Explosive is a guaranteed down, with a guaranteed elimination if you hit in the torso/head.
Thermite "might" (being the operative word) spread across several players if they are huddled close together for moar burninating!
Smart squads don't tend to orgy up like that so it's about as effective/useless as a molotov depending on how your mileage with those throwables go.
For me it's easier just to pop C4s or frags, guns blazing and hope for the best.

Robnoxious fucked around with this message at 03:42 on May 12, 2020

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Fart Car '97 posted:

Honestly I have no idea. Explosive seems like the obvious choice I just noticed a bunch of streamers using thermite.

mrking
May 27, 2006

There's No Limit To What We Can't Accomplish

Fart Car '97 posted:

I read somewhere that thermite does more damage to vehicles and can be ricocheted more easily, but I haven't done much testing with either tbh

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

drunken officeparty posted:

Why do they keep moving the order of the menu tabs. Who’s job is it to put the battlepass tab third then back to second to last every month and how much do they get paid

Probably two different people working on two different forks of the game ui code lol

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy
What’s everyone grinding gold on? I just finished the Renetti and then the Glock. Akimbo pistols with lasers are stupid good in hardcore

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019

Cage Kicker posted:

What’s everyone grinding gold on? I just finished the Renetti and then the Glock. Akimbo pistols with lasers are stupid good in hardcore

I'm two launchers away from damascus. Its a slog waiting for folks to throw up their killstreaks.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Cage Kicker posted:

Wow didn’t know my name was “Akimbo pistols with lasers” lol

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

ZombieCrew posted:

I'm two launchers away from damascus. Its a slog waiting for folks to throw up their killstreaks.

Is it? Jesus Christ my screen won’t stop shaking in the shipment playlist

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Is it? Jesus Christ my screen won’t stop shaking in the shipment playlist

Shipment is camo city except for long shot. Just wait for shoothouse or rust on that.

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013

veni veni veni posted:

What is the best crossbow loadout for WZ? Finally went and unlocked the attachments on shipment. Seems like 200lb and explosive bolts would be essential in WZ. Although I'm looking online and it seems like more people use thermite?

I run explosive bolt, ADS stock, velocity arms, velocity cable, reload perk. If you want a sight, replace the velocity cable, it doesn't do much anyway.
The ADS front grip doesn't seem to help with ADS acording to one of Driftor video.

Explosive bolts don't do much damage against vehicle, maybe thermite is better.

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

Supesudandi wa, kukan-nai no dandidesu

All I have left for Damascus is the ARs

Unpleasant weapons
-double barrel
-hdr
-revolver/deagle
-riot shield x100

I did launchers alongside other ones and didn’t find them that bad, I expected to hate the strela but it turned out to be pretty fun to snipe with.

Everyone on reddit also complains about leveling the uzi and dragonov but I found both of them to be a pleasure. I golded the drag in a day

Retro42
Jun 27, 2011

Krogort posted:

I run explosive bolt, ADS stock, velocity arms, velocity cable, reload perk. If you want a sight, replace the velocity cable, it doesn't do much anyway.
The ADS front grip doesn't seem to help with ADS acording to one of Driftor video.

Explosive bolts don't do much damage against vehicle, maybe thermite is better.

Thermite works better for suppression or area denial. BUT, it takes waaaaaay too many bolts to kill a vehicle so it's not worth building for that purpose.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

None of the crossbows are good at vehicles, they take at least 5 bolts to kill the smallest ones. The only upside is the damage-per-bullet ratio is super high so it's not really a waste to throw a bolt or two at a passing car. If your goal is to actually kill a vehicle just shooting it with an AR would be much faster.

porktree
Mar 23, 2002

You just fucked with the wrong Mexican.
Going for gold on the shield. What a pain, why is it I always get killed by the shield guy, but once I have the shield I'm a delicate butterfly. Anyway, this whole 25 finishing moves is ugly.

Am I correct in that I just need to be having the shield, so I can run wild with a pistol and still get the credit.

Also, xbone, lately as I've been moving I've been killed with a finishing move, is there some new dynamic other than the long press of the melee attack (left stick for me)? I feel like I'm running a long and then surprise execution.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Krogort posted:

A lot of what driftor has said about the crossbow has been outright wrong. He said the speed grip has no measurable effect but folks with more thorough testing have found it has a 2-frame ADS boost and a sprint to fire speed boost, putting it on par with the stippled grip. He also said the "16 and 28 strand cables have no real effect on accuracy" but...

That's at 10 meters, 28 strand cable on the left, 16 strand cable on the right.

sinburger
Sep 10, 2006

*hurk*

Cage Kicker posted:

Unlocked akimbo renetti's last week, so working on wrapping up the rest of the challenges for gold.

M13, just need to grind out longshots.

Started working on the RAM-7 last night as my next project.

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Fart Car '97 posted:

None of the crossbows are good at vehicles, they take at least 5 bolts to kill the smallest ones. The only upside is the damage-per-bullet ratio is super high so it's not really a waste to throw a bolt or two at a passing car. If your goal is to actually kill a vehicle just shooting it with an AR would be much faster.

The dynamite arrows do have the benefit of making passengers freak out and bail.

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

Supesudandi wa, kukan-nai no dandidesu

porktree posted:

Going for gold on the shield. What a pain, why is it I always get killed by the shield guy, but once I have the shield I'm a delicate butterfly. Anyway, this whole 25 finishing moves is ugly.

Am I correct in that I just need to be having the shield, so I can run wild with a pistol and still get the credit.

Also, xbone, lately as I've been moving I've been killed with a finishing move, is there some new dynamic other than the long press of the melee attack (left stick for me)? I feel like I'm running a long and then surprise execution.

Tragically you have to bop them to get kill credit

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Hey guys, why is COD on the PC being such a broken piece of poo poo?!?!?!

Not only does the game have a very big propensity for DirectX crashes, a couple days ago the game has completely shut me out of multiplayer, I can start the game fine, but the second I click 'multiplayer' it gets stuck at the 'Fetching online Profile prompt' then after a couple mintues says 'You have disconnected from the server Error Number 4' Then a line of 01010100101010101 underneath that.

I have so far tried the following:-

1) Ended all the processes, then went to %programdata% and deleted the Blizzard Entertainment Folder

2) Manually reset my DNS settings via CommandPrompt

And still the game never lets me into multiplayer except by chance once or twice..

What the gently caress is going on?!?!? I really dont want to re-download 200 loving gigabytes all over again.

*edit*

what the gently caress the game just let me in again what is going on?!

Al-Saqr fucked around with this message at 18:49 on May 12, 2020

toiletbrush
May 17, 2010
I just unlocked everything I want on the only weapons I ever use, I finally feel like I can start playing the game properly, like, just for fun.

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Get ready for longshots, Dirty Old Houseboat playlist - Rust, Shipment and Shoothouse

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

After a night of using the crossbow in WZ (ADS Grip, velocity string, explosive bolt,200lb,sleight of hand) I feel like its a mix of insanely fun and frustrating. Within a certain range (maybe 30-40 meters?) it just feels drat mean. It's hilarious just instantly dropping and executing in one shot. On the other hand past that range I can't get a feel for the bolt drop at all and can't seem to land a single shot no matter what I do.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

drunken officeparty posted:

Why do they keep moving the order of the menu tabs. Who’s job is it to put the battlepass tab third then back to second to last every month and how much do they get paid

thank you!! I pointed this out to my friends and they all swore up and down this hadn’t happened and I was crazy

what kind of loving development discussion even spurs that kinda change

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Oh also someone said they gold’d the Drag in one day, loving how? Ground War? The gun is liquid hot diarrhea

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Sandwolf posted:

thank you!! I pointed this out to my friends and they all swore up and down this hadn’t happened and I was crazy

what kind of loving development discussion even spurs that kinda change

Good odds they have analytics showing it increases battle pass/store purchases.

Hulk Krogan fucked around with this message at 20:12 on May 12, 2020

Speked
Dec 13, 2011

LTA Represent !!
I got gold on the No Masters Axe, and I can choose the gold skin on all of the 7 melee weapons I have, but how do i get platinum skin?

jerman999
Apr 26, 2006

This is a lex imperfecta

pacerhimself posted:

Get ready for longshots, Dirty Old Houseboat playlist - Rust, Shipment and Shoothouse

Just got plat on the smgs from some rust longshots

Retro42
Jun 27, 2011

Fart Car '97 posted:

A lot of what driftor has said about the crossbow has been outright wrong. He said the speed grip has no measurable effect but folks with more thorough testing have found it has a 2-frame ADS boost and a sprint to fire speed boost, putting it on par with the stippled grip. He also said the "16 and 28 strand cables have no real effect on accuracy" but...

That's at 10 meters, 28 strand cable on the left, 16 strand cable on the right.

Speaking from experience, the accuracy difference is HUGE if you want any kind of long shot on a crossbow. at ~100m w/ the 28 strand you might as well roll the dice if you will hit a stationary target sometimes. If it's moving you already have to account for the slow rear end bolt so a slower rear end bolt isn't exactly THAT much harder to handle.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

veni veni veni posted:

After a night of using the crossbow in WZ (ADS Grip, velocity string, explosive bolt,200lb,sleight of hand) I feel like its a mix of insanely fun and frustrating. Within a certain range (maybe 30-40 meters?) it just feels drat mean. It's hilarious just instantly dropping and executing in one shot. On the other hand past that range I can't get a feel for the bolt drop at all and can't seem to land a single shot no matter what I do.

At 45m the variance in where the bolt can hit with the 28 strand cable is a ~1 meter in any direction from where you're aiming. Combine that with the slower semtex bolts and you won't ever reliably hit anything at over 40 meters because there's no accounting for whether the bolt is going to go a meter left/right/up/down of the target. There's no "trend towards the center" for the accuracy either, it's a total crapshoot.

Arae
Jul 27, 2003

Sandwolf posted:

Oh also someone said they gold’d the Drag in one day, loving how? Ground War? The gun is liquid hot diarrhea

It's better after you unlock attachments, but this is my least favorite Dragonov implementation.

Dragonov is somewhere between marksmen and sniper rifle, but unfortunately it falls short of both categories. It takes attachments to make a choice between the two options and the result usually isn't great.

It has reasonable mobility, deceptively quick follow up shots, and is a great head clicker. Sniper rifle penetration lets you blast weak walls for wallbang kills. The range isn't great for 1 hit kills, but the damage falloff is reasonable that 2-3 shots should kill.

I had best luck pretending it was the EBR-14 and firing multiple shots at people.

Do longshots in hardcore...

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I’m a LMG stan and I just recently tried the SA87 for the heck of it and it kind of owns. Basically just a big AR. There’s probably no reason to use it over an M4 but I like it, I cannot explain.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Fart Car '97 posted:

At 45m the variance in where the bolt can hit with the 28 strand cable is a ~1 meter in any direction from where you're aiming. Combine that with the slower semtex bolts and you won't ever reliably hit anything at over 40 meters because there's no accounting for whether the bolt is going to go a meter left/right/up/down of the target. There's no "trend towards the center" for the accuracy either, it's a total crapshoot.

Allright, I figured it was something like that. I just won't go for long shots with it then. Unless there is some way to make it accurate at a reasonable distance. I figure the best build for it would be to equip amped and a pair it with a good AR that I can just pull out right away if the shot doesn't connect.

GyverMac
Aug 3, 2006
My posting is like I Love Lucy without the funny bits. Basically, WAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHH

priznat posted:

I’m a LMG stan and I just recently tried the SA87 for the heck of it and it kind of owns. Basically just a big AR. There’s probably no reason to use it over an M4 but I like it, I cannot explain.

I'm glad to hear this, because I'm golding the LMG's and I was not looking forward to that one, on account of it being nigh useless at release. Maybe they buffed since last time I tried.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

I know 'lol reddit' but this is 100% my favorite tin-hat conspiracy about Modern Warfare:

quote:

When will people start recognizing the very real possibility that hit registration is being turned up or down depending on someone's "skill"? A few months ago a guy on here found a patent held by Activision for a system that changed weapon accuracy based on a players skill level. They 100% have the software to alter things like this on the fly, it's only a matter of whether or not its actually being used. It would explain the erratic changes in footstep volume. Sometimes I hear someone buffalo stomping from 15 meters out, other times they sprint up to me from behind and I hear nothing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

GyverMac posted:

I'm glad to hear this, because I'm golding the LMG's and I was not looking forward to that one, on account of it being nigh useless at release. Maybe they buffed since last time I tried.

I’m by no means that great and I usually run with LMGs (M91 mostly, I have given up attempting to get the Bruen I don’t play enough) and I read on Rock Paper Shotgun that it was quite good so I gave it a chance. Highest damage LMG and great range along with fastest reloads due to magazines makes it quite decent!

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2020/04/20/warzone-guns-weapon-stats-season-3-best-guns-in-call-of-duty-warzone/#lmgs