Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

shame on an IGA posted:

that's early 90s BiLo house brand, bonus points that it was marked down for being about to expire when he bought it

It was most likely bought by my step mother, who passed away in 2014. She could not pass up a deal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Maybe 30% of the poo poo in my house is NoName brand. You get used to the gimmick pretty quick

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Sex Skeleton posted:

It's just a little bulgy. Not a big deal. I bet if we wash it off we can still use it.

I bet you could prick it with a pin and just let the gas out, like a swollen lipo battery :piss:

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

I bet you could prick it with a pin and just let the gas out, like a swollen lipo battery :piss:

It's true you have to lance swollen lipos, just like a blister, it helps with healing.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Sagebrush posted:

no, it's famous canadian dystopian brand No Name, and they still look like that

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

bring back old gbs posted:

iirc they update their twitter every once in a while with a yellow square labelled "social media post"

yea it's kind of great. they started out as a ultra-basic no-advertising discount brand, but their products are perfectly fine and canadians kinda love it so now it's a brand unto itself and they lean into it

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Dillbag posted:

I don't have a picture of any dad balls but I do have a picture of a dad grenade we found while cleaning out his kitchen cupboards when he was in the hospital. It was right next to a jar of hoisin sauce that expired in 1998.

Un-crushed pineapple.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Dillbag posted:

I don't have a picture of any dad balls but I do have a picture of a dad grenade we found while cleaning out his kitchen cupboards when he was in the hospital. It was right next to a jar of hoisin sauce that expired in 1998.

what would MRE Steve do

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I think that's considered a biological weapon by the Geneva Convention at this point

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

I think that's considered a biological weapon by the Geneva Convention at this point

Haven't you ever seen a pineapple grenade before?

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

Didn't know Ben Garrison was into TV.

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Do it underwater, like surströmming.

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/MachinePix/status/1260280723858059266?s=19

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

It is both a wooden machine for cutting veneer, and a machine for cutting wooden veneer

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー
I've walked up worse. Reminds me of a lot of the stuff I'd see in South America. You just kinda look at it and decide if you want to accept the risk.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
The stairs are the least dangerous part of that path.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

ur mom's dildo

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/xTeaj6X.gifv
Swing and a miss

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

That took me like thirty seconds to process the scale. Something about that pic made my brain flip flop between “big loving stares” and “screw or drill but I dunno”

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
Has this been here yet

https://twitter.com/Hammermime/status/1260044915100303360

ZuluDashOne
May 1, 2020

#NeverForget

Go Wings!

:911:

Cyrano4747 posted:

That took me like thirty seconds to process the scale. Something about that pic made my brain flip flop between “big loving stares” and “screw or drill but I dunno”

Mine did the same thing. "That's a weirdly colored screw, huh. Wait is that a person or an ant"

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Oh, I guess my fleshlight is ready.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

24 loving seconds that rock fell. I have no idea when that rock hits terminal velocity (or what the friction from the tape is doing - or bouncing off the sides), but that's 2.8 km in a vacuum. I'm fairly certain he didn't have close to that length, but I could see it being a 1,000m measuring tape.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Oil exploration borehole I'd say

"this one's dry, cap it and move on"

"cap it? Sounds like that might cost money and time, just put some chipboard over the top and call it a day"

Applesnots
Oct 22, 2010

MERRY YOBMAS

Thats Mels Hole, should leave it alone.

grillster
Dec 25, 2004

:chaostrump:

There's gotta be a skeleton or two at the bottom of that thing.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
We need him to go back with an action camera, a lamp, and a longer rope.

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

FuturePastNow posted:

what would MRE Steve do

"nice hiss"

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum
At a certain point the weight of the rope would pull in more rope, thus giving the illusion of a bottomless pit, no?

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Evilreaver posted:

At a certain point the weight of the rope would pull in more rope, thus giving the illusion of a bottomless pit, no?

My thoughts exactly. There's enough momentum in the falling tape to pull more tape, since it's not really secured to anything.

tak
Jan 31, 2003

lol demowned
Grimey Drawer

Aramoro posted:

Such a common myth that the bees themselves started believing it and dropping dead from Neonicitinoid use. The EU banned them for this reason.

Well they're wrong, it's just not supported by the evidence

Like there's no colony collapse disorder at all in Australia, but lots of neonicotinoid use

It's not fully understood but may be linked to a viral disease (I'm not up to date on that though)

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I've watched enough cable news to know that viruses aren't real.

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...

Evilreaver posted:

It's only a few meters deep, his buddy at the bottom is pulling the rope in.
That's the story I’m sticking with.

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
It's one of those 3d tricks with depth perception, the "hole" is actually a really dark bump

That rock rolled up into the sky

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
I wonder how many complete fingers they have

https://i.imgur.com/qlBwES0.mp4

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

tak posted:

Well they're wrong, it's just not supported by the evidence

Like there's no colony collapse disorder at all in Australia, but lots of neonicotinoid use

It's not fully understood but may be linked to a viral disease (I'm not up to date on that though)

How many studies do you want that Neonics harm bee colonies?

Here's one in science https://science.sciencemag.org/content/356/6345/1395

Here's another https://science.sciencemag.org/content/356/6345/1393

I'll pull a quote from the abstract for you

quote:

These field results confirm that neonicotinoids negatively affect pollinator health under realistic agricultural conditions.

Because they certainly do and the Australia being dipshits about using them does not change that.

There's no real evidence that they directly cause colony collapse disorder but what they do do is kill colonies slowly by damaging the reproductive rate and slowly killing off bees. Neonics kill bees, just the extent that they do it that's up for study.

Aramoro fucked around with this message at 09:40 on May 15, 2020

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Platystemon posted:

If you are reading this, you have been in a coma for almost twenty years.

We are trying a new technique. We do not know where this message will end up in your dream, but we hope it gets through.

Please wake up.

I've been trying this for the last decade you bastards.

Griz
May 21, 2001

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

I left a pull-top can of pineapple on top of the fridge for way too long, it sounded like a gunshot when it popped and made a huge mess but the contents looked normal other than smelling strongly of rust.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

drunkill posted:

I wonder how many complete fingers they have
a whole boxful