Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

I had forgotten about this little one-off: https://twitter.com/HamillHimself/status/1261411056334725120

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

precision posted:

I appreciate that it didn't turn out he was horny for the girls at all, that would have been way too obvious.

I wonder how many people didn't recognize who Jim was. I'm not sure I would have if I hadn't known ahead of time

I rewatched the episode with my wife,who was seeing it for the first time. When Jim the Vampire lowered his cowl, I asked if she recognized him. She said, a "oh! It's Rob Lowe!"

We're big Parks and Rec fans and watched the recent reunion special, so she definitely knows who Rob Lowe is. I'm sure Hammill would be delighted to think someone mistook him for Rob Lowe in 2020, but goon face blindness is real, and may be contagious.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
It may also explain in part why she's with you

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

Gone

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

I guess it got copyright claimed which is understandable, but a shame because it's a cute cartoon and Mark Hamill does a great Vampire voice in it.

This is the cartoon that was linked if you want to try tracking it down: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mina_and_the_Count

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Milo and POTUS posted:

:vince:

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

It's also why I only date girls with really bad eyesight. Works out ok.

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007
I also love the part when they grab the pool cues and it looked like they were going to do a mock lightsaber duel, but then they just broke them in half and made crosses to burn each other with. Hahahaha

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

moolchaba posted:

I also love the part when they grab the pool cues and it looked like they were going to do a mock lightsaber duel, but then they just broke them in half and made crosses to burn each other with. Hahahaha

I thought they'd go with stakes when they broke them, because, ya know, vampires but they just went in the "Holy gently caress these dudes are stupid" direction which was amazing.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

seaborgium posted:

I thought they'd go with stakes when they broke them, because, ya know, vampires but they just went in the "Holy gently caress these dudes are stupid" direction which was amazing.

Haha, yeah it was amazing. "Like me, he's a vampire, so if I make the sign of the cross at him it will hurt him.... ahhh the sign of the cross I'm making is hurting me, a vampire!"

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Milo and POTUS posted:

Oh my god lol

Vakal
May 11, 2008
Who was the lady that played the volleyball coach? I recognized her voice from animated shows.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Vakal posted:

Who was the lady that played the volleyball coach? I recognized her voice from animated shows.

Ashley Botting
https://www.imdb.com/name/nm5243235/?ref_=ttfc_fc_cl_t8

Lucy the Waitress was played by Madeleine Martin who's also done animation stuff
https://www.imdb.com/name/nm1502383/?ref_=ttfc_fc_cl_t7

Snowglobe of Doom fucked around with this message at 03:12 on May 16, 2020

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

moolchaba posted:

I don't think they were going for a lightsaber duel joke. Breaking a pool cue in half to fight with is a thing in every bar fight scene ever filmed.

beepsandboops
Jan 28, 2014

Madurai posted:

The doll continues to be the best new thing this season.
I can't tell if the doll is going to be the Chekov's Gun of this season, or a permanent fixture for the rest of the series.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Watching this and remembering how Mark Hamill said the Joker voice took a lot out of him and he'd probably never do it again or he'd lose his voice. Now I'm worried about him :(

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

Jose Oquendo posted:

I don't think they were going for a lightsaber duel joke. Breaking a pool cue in half to fight with is a thing in every bar fight scene ever filmed.

They were absolutely doing a lightsaber joke. If they were just going to break it in half they would have done that right away instead of holding them out for a while like lightsabers before going "nah".

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Yeah I mean they literally stood in the classic lightsaber duel stance, it was super blatant. You even see Jim look go like "hm.. nah" before he breaks it

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

Grem posted:

Watching this and remembering how Mark Hamill said the Joker voice took a lot out of him and he'd probably never do it again or he'd lose his voice. Now I'm worried about him :(

If I remember correctly, it was specifically doing the laugh that was the problem. He ended up damaging his vocal cords.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lb8fWUUXeKM

precision posted:

I appreciate that it didn't turn out he was horny for the girls at all, that would have been way too obvious.

I wonder how many people didn't recognize who Jim was. I'm not sure I would have if I hadn't known ahead of time

I feel like the number will be on the low-end. They pretty much just used his Last Jedi outfit with a palette swap for the introduction scene.

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

I guess it got copyright claimed which is understandable, but a shame because it's a cute cartoon and Mark Hamill does a great Vampire voice in it.

This is the cartoon that was linked if you want to try tracking it down: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mina_and_the_Count

It's up on youtube.

Turn down your volume before clicking this link, just in case the timestamp link doesn't trigger for some reason. The start of the video is eardrum destroying.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noArYD__29g&t=23s

.Z. fucked around with this message at 08:04 on May 16, 2020

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound
I literally told my wife the day before that Hamill was in the episode and she still didn't recognize him at all.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

I lost it when Laszlo pulled out the blue jeans and they had rolled up hems on the legs.

"I went to Pennsylvania, because it sounds like Transylvania, and that's loving cool."

Also, his pronunciation of "Arizonia"

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

I literally told my wife the day before that Hamill was in the episode and she still didn't recognize him at all.

I think it's the voice more than anything, if you're unfamiliar with his voice work it's nothing like what he usually sounds like

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

I need a Jackie Daytona tshirt

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Milo and POTUS posted:

lmao

e: i felt it necessary to tell my wife this burn (I'm sitting here with a Kleenex up my nose because of an impromptu nose bleed) and she literally laughed out loud. good poo poo

Eat This Glob fucked around with this message at 02:21 on May 17, 2020

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
Fingers crossed that Guillermo brings Tilda Swinton the final death.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Rewatched the ep again, and those post credit scenes. Jim's going to be back now that he knows Laszlo tricked him.

Davros1 fucked around with this message at 18:53 on May 17, 2020

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

By his own account Hamill is a big fan of the show so I'll bet they have him on again. FX must see it as a slam dunk.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Arglebargle III posted:

By his own account Hamill is a big fan of the show so I'll bet they have him on again. FX must see it as a slam dunk.

He tweeted how much he loved the show during season 1. He is a pro twitter account to follow.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Davros1 posted:

Rewatched the ep again, and those post credit scenes. Jim's going to be back now that he knows Laszlo tricked him.

God, I hope so. Laszlo having a recurring rival who's just as grandiose and dumb as him is a rich comedy vein that isn't even close to tapped out yet.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I really hope the beer toss was completely improvised and Matt Berry went along with it without a hitch

CommanderApaul
Aug 30, 2003

It's amazing their hands can support such awesome.

God, I hope so. Laszlo having a recurring rival who's just as grandiose and dumb as him is a rich comedy vein that isn't even close to tapped out yet.

Jake Peralta / Doug Judy but total idiots sounds excellent.

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

Hamill’s two step realisation when the towel drops from the mirror is great. First he realises it’s a vampire, but only once the cocktail stick is out does he realise it’s Berry.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

The entire vampire community doesn't have a single brain cell among them and it's great.

The energy vampires seems pretty competent.

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing
Mark Proksch is appearing in this week's Thrilling Adventure Live! along with Keegan Michael Key and Nathan Fillion. https://thrillingadventure.live/

They're fun shows that are like old time radio plays - they have 2 standout shows, Beyond Belief, which is a pastiche of Roaring 20s decadence, detective shows, and the Addams Family; and Sparks Nevada, about an Earth Lawman assigned to bring law and order in a totally not-wild-west version of Mars complete with interplanetary banditos, saloons, and laser-gun six shooters.

boo_radley fucked around with this message at 17:02 on May 19, 2020

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Wait that was Mark Hamill?

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

boo_radley posted:

Mark Proksch is appearing in this week's Thrilling Adventure Live! along with Keegan Michael Key and Nathan Fillion. https://thrillingadventure.live/

They're fun shows that are like old time radio plays - they have 2 standout shows, Beyond Belief, which is a pastiche of Roaring 20s decadence, detective shows, and the Addams Family; and Sparks Nevada, about an Earth Lawman assigned to bring law and order in a totally not-wild-west version of Mars complete with interplanetary banditos, saloons, and laser-gun six shooters.

Not gonna lie, I'm really holding out for Mark Proksch as a Captain Laserbeam villain (if Keegan Michael Key plays him again).

Some of the Sheep
May 25, 2005
POSSIBLY IT WOULD BE SIMPLER IF I ASKED FOR A LIST OF THE HARMLESS CREATURES OF THE AFORESAID CONTINENT?

SirPablo posted:

Wait that was Mark Hamill?

It is to my endless amusement that being able to recognise a face you've seen before is a low-key superpower around these parts!

RedneckwithGuns
Mar 28, 2007

Up Next:
Fifteen Inches of
SHEER DYNAMITE

Davros1 posted:

Also, his pronunciation of "Arizonia"

He did this pronunciation thing in pretty much every show he's ever done from Mighty Boosh to Toast of London (except maybe that new Year of the Rabbit show) and every time he does it my SO loses her poo poo it's hilarious. I love it

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

RedneckwithGuns posted:

He did this pronunciation thing in pretty much every show he's ever done from Mighty Boosh to Toast of London (except maybe that new Year of the Rabbit show) and every time he does it my SO loses her poo poo it's hilarious. I love it

He literally came up with his Matt Berry Shtick when he was in secondary school. It's pretty amazing and great that he's managed to make an entire career out of a silly voice and manner he made up to amuse his mates

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Some of the Sheep posted:

It is to my endless amusement that being able to recognise a face you've seen before is a low-key superpower around these parts!

Well he was made up pretty thoroughly, I only knew it was Mark Hamill because I knew he'd be in the episode.