Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What system will you play the Good COD Game on?
PS4
XBone
PC
generic comedy option
View Results

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
it's still really jarring because all of my instincts tell me that Double Pistols in Counterstrike are terrible but in COD they're godlike killing machines. I still fly into a rage when I see someone rock me with the double renettis or revolvers It's such horseshit loool.

Al-Saqr fucked around with this message at 13:37 on May 16, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

double pistols were the same gimmick in CS too

scroll wheel fire berettas

E: gently caress, its literally the same gun too lol

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
I know this is the dumbest poo poo but I wish the way the guns are held in this game was a bit more conventional. Pistols are not so bad, but things like the clamp grip on the Kilo 141 drive me insane. Let me see the pretty gun model, game!

GyverMac
Aug 3, 2006
My posting is like I Love Lucy without the funny bits. Basically, WAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Azran posted:

I know this is the dumbest poo poo but I wish the way the guns are held in this game was a bit more conventional. Pistols are not so bad, but things like the clamp grip on the Kilo 141 drive me insane. Let me see the pretty gun model, game!

I wonder why they havent tapped into that as a "flair" cosmetic DLC. Let people hold the guns upside down or whatever, I bet good money people would buy that.

MissMarple
Aug 26, 2008

:ms:

GyverMac posted:

I wonder why they havent tapped into that as a "flair" cosmetic DLC. Let people hold the guns upside down or whatever, I bet good money people would buy that.
Animations are significantly more time consuming to make than textures.

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh

JaySB posted:

Blueprint guns also typically have different iron sights than the normal ones.

The XRK M4 irons are quite good for WZ, at least for me.

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

Time to level that pistol i guess. I want to be the annoying piece of poo poo.

There's no way to carry dual renittis AND an RPG yeah?

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh
lmao

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0jxxjf1hY8

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

appropriatemetaphor posted:

Time to level that pistol i guess. I want to be the annoying piece of poo poo.

There's no way to carry dual renittis AND an RPG yeah?

In WZ you can if you get two loadouts and just keep your secondaries. Regular MP you're SOL

Dpulex
Feb 26, 2013

Fart Car '97 posted:

I think it's almost certain Warzone will continue on as its own branch and will draw seasonal content and maps based on whatever the current IW title is. They've clearly laid the groundwork for that being the case with this title. The campaign, co-op, multiplayer & warzone elements of "Modern Warfare" are already by and large compartmentalized. Fortnite has proven you can just re-vamp the ingame content and call it "Chapter 2" so they don't even need to make the case for it being a new business model. The real question is whether or not Blackout will continue as a pseudo-cod or if they'll just really lean into the high-action wacky BR style and let Modern Warfare be the more tacticool BR.

I wish the regular multiplayer would go this route as well and just keep adding new stuff to the existing engine with each entru. It sucks that unlocks are basically pointless after a year when the playerbase migrates to the new shiny thing. Also please keep gunsmith and don't reinvent the wheel only to end up with something worse.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

I hope the next COD has akimbo throwing knives

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

I'm really digging the Bruen. Unlock the mag-fed version and it's a SAW that handles like an assault rifle. Right now my go-to loadout is Bruen/HDR.

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib

Oh man, I gotta try this with that insane hipfire setup someone posted earlier.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

That white noise skin is the most tempted I've been to actually buy something. Still not gonna though

Dpulex
Feb 26, 2013

Statutory Ape posted:

I hope the next COD has akimbo throwing knives

I would like a gun that shoots knives. Like the nail gun from quake but its knives. Also throw in the lightning gun and super shotgun and the rail gun and the edge map.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

magnetic pulse knife gun that electrostatically charges the projectile as it passes thru the barrel

sounds liek future hacker meta in the making

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Dpulex posted:

I would like a gun that shoots knives. Like the nail gun from quake but its knives. Also throw in the lightning gun and super shotgun and the rail gun and the edge map.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

E: I do not know why imgur isn't playing ball w the last two videos ive tried to embed ?

did something change and nobody told me? ive tried to view the post both in my "own" browser and a stock edge and its just as lovely in both

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

Statutory Ape posted:

E: I do not know why imgur isn't playing ball w the last two videos ive tried to embed ?

did something change and nobody told me? ive tried to view the post both in my "own" browser and a stock edge and its just as lovely in both

How the hell do you stay alive for more than three seconds on that level lol

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

How the hell do you stay alive for more than three seconds on that level lol

auto run and bound shift to slide

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

Statutory Ape posted:

auto run and bound shift to slide

Disgusting

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

codo27 posted:

That white noise skin is the most tempted I've been to actually buy something. Still not gonna though

I got it to make the skull skins look slightly cooler on my AR because I'm a huge profligate idiot.

I also immediately bought the new operator from the campaign's fake Iraqistan.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Lol you should see me trying to get good at the shield with auto run on

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

I am a lot of free kills

For now

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

Statutory Ape posted:

Lol you should see me trying to get good at the shield with auto run on

Lol nice

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Anyone have any good WZ solos tips? Seems like most folks hunker down in buildings until forced to move. HB sensor/C4/RPG probably fairly handy in those situations.

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.

dudeness posted:

Oh man, I gotta try this with that insane hipfire setup someone posted earlier.

Sorry to be a pain, but can someone re-link or quote this hipfire setup? I'm trying to train myself to hipfire when appropriate. I have a really bad habit of always ADSing and it gets me into trouble in close quarters in WZ.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

priznat posted:

Anyone have any good WZ solos tips? Seems like most folks hunker down in buildings until forced to move. HB sensor/C4/RPG probably fairly handy in those situations.

This is, more or less, how you win at all Battle Royales

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

Hmm is Ground War just bad? Seems like it's just all sniper campers

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

appropriatemetaphor posted:

Hmm is Ground War just bad? Seems like it's just all sniper campers

yes its terrible

if you want to play a battlefield game, buy a battlefield game imo

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Rock My Socks! posted:

yes its terrible

if you want to play a battlefield game, buy a battlefield game imo

Sadly the last great battlefield game was 4, or possibly 1 if you want that old timey feel.

BFV sucks so bad I hate it

At least 4 will be cheap though

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

priznat posted:

Sadly the last great battlefield game was 4, or possibly 1 if you want that old timey feel.

BFV sucks so bad I hate it

At least 4 will be cheap though

Yeah I played a ton of BF1, then BF5 was like...i dunno a million dumb unlocks and didn't really feel like ww2 at all so i dropped it.

Liking Domination the best so far...i like having a bit of structure.

Dpulex
Feb 26, 2013
The thing about BFV is that it is very bad and groundwar has zero competition

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Sandwolf posted:

This is, more or less, how you win at all Battle Royales

It really not. It's a great way to get into the top 10 or 5, where you will get stomped by people who regularly find & take fights instead of turtling and hoping for ring position.

This same argument happens in every BR thread, but I guarantee you the people who don't spend the whole game hiding have better winrates than people who do.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

I'm not good at BRs but my strategy has evolved into skirting around just outside the safe zone and coming in and I usually make it into the top quarter or so with a few decent clean up kills getting people running across open terrain etc.

Turtling may be effective in scoring some cheap kills but I just get too bored so don't do that.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
When my team wins we tend to find somewhere to drop that is just outside the circle but also maybe isolated or cut off from the rest of the map by the circle. Then we stay on the outside pushing towards wherever probably has less teams staying with the ring at our back. Then when it’s down to a few teams we find somewhere to hide and stock up, wait for the big fight to start and try to get good position. Camping will cost you the W almost every time.

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Fart Car '97 posted:

It really not. It's a great way to get into the top 10 or 5, where you will get stomped by people who regularly find & take fights instead of turtling and hoping for ring position.

This same argument happens in every BR thread, but I guarantee you the people who don't spend the whole game hiding have better winrates than people who do.

If you're skilled enough at shooting and positioning then you are absolutely correct. If you're a garbage player then you're better off hiding, but the obvious solution to a garbage player like me is to get better at approaching fights and to try to not be the garbage player that I am at heart.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

priznat posted:

I rarely play solo, but when I do I've generally done pretty well by always landing downtown and going for objectives constantly. Most of the biggest campers seem to go for those little 2 story buildings at places like the farm, and downtown is so big you'll get a ton of money and run into fights on the street which keeps it interesting. By the time you have to leave you should be loaded up with a loadout and revive etc. Def use a HB sensor. You can avoid the high roof campers pretty easily by just sticking near walls and indoors and only going into the street to cross.

E: Full disclosure I'm not looking to win solos at all though. I just play to try and find firefights to get into.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 21:07 on May 16, 2020

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

veni veni veni posted:

I rarely play solo, but when I do I've generally done pretty well by always landing downtown and going for objectives constantly. Most of the biggest campers seem to go for those little 2 story buildings at places like the farm, and downtown is so big you'll get a ton of money and run into fights on the street which keeps it interesting. By the time you have to leave you should be loaded up with a loadout and revive etc. Def use a HB sensor. You can avoid the high roof campers pretty easily by just sticking near walls and indoors and only going into the street to cross.

That's a great idea, usually I avoid downtown in squad games but I can see how solos would make it a lot more doable. The 2 storeys do seem to be the favourite camp spots for most. I will try that for my battlepass grindin'! :haw:

Also same about winning, I haven't won a warzone match yet and it's not really my goal, I'd rather do what is fun. (for me, winning the match is fun for lots of folks)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Fart Car '97 posted:

Yes maybe if there was a benefit to killing others like other games. You don’t gain anything by fighting in WZ because there’s no such thing as loot.