Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

I am the Wizard Master

What is Red Scare?

Red Scare is a cultural commentary podcast hosted by bohemian layabouts Anna Khachiyan and Dasha Nekrasova and produced by Meg Murnane.

Who are the hosts of Red Scare?

https://twitter.com/annakhachiyan

https://twitter.com/nobody_stop_me

quote:

Nekrasova and Khachiyan are suspicious of wokeism in all its guises. Their podcast, a runaway transatlantic success, was originally inspired by their feeling that feminism had been commodified and homogenised to such an extent that the term had been hollowed out.

Where can I listen to Red Scare?

Red Scare is available on most podcast apps and also has bonus episodes if you pay a patreon subscription

Ideological terrorists or glorious provocateurs? Let's decide in this thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

Wizard Master posted:

Ideological terrorists or glorious provocateurs? Let's decide in this thread

Neither, they’re Unfunny Smug idiots with voices That could make the finest French fries.

“Uhhhhh misterrrrr Bannon you uuuum like, hate China? Like, whyyyyyy”

fun hater
May 24, 2009

its a neat trick, but you can only do it once
lol at outing yourself as someone who listens to red scare

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

fun hater posted:

lol at outing yourself as someone who listens to red scare

I genuinely think that being a cum town listener makes you more intellectually and morally righteous than listening to red scare

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Al-Saqr posted:

I genuinely think that being a cum town listener makes you more intellectually and morally righteous than listening to red scare

Confirmed. Source: Self.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

lol

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

i liked it when one of them insulted the infio wars person

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

so did dahsa cuck adam or what

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

adam cucked dasha. what a chad

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

wizard master posts are reaching new heights

Paffgen
Jul 13, 2009

Al-Saqr posted:

yes

Motto posted:

so did dahsa cuck adam or what

yes

Just predicting this ahead of time based on nothing but a feeling, but I think Dasha is going to ditch Anna/Red Scare within the year. I guess that would depend on if she can marry the 0pn guy she's dating or some other guy to keep her, I think she's realizing that her personal brand is too noxious to spin off to anything bigger since the initial novelty has worn off and her acting career is going nowhere. And, unlike Anna, Dasha has nothing she actually wants to say and isn't trying to influence the cultural conversation or whatever Anna thinks she's doing.

Fsmhunk
Jul 19, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I never listened to this but it's bad because she hurt Adam, I'm here to protect his honor.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Lol

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Read the first twitter linked in the OP and now my brain is perfectly smooth, thanks OP.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

El Burbo posted:

adam cucked dasha. what a chad

dudes rock

Bonaventure
Jun 23, 2005

by sebmojo
I’m always on the look-out for more ways to poison my brain with unhappy people ruminating about political theory so that I myself can become intensely miserable so this sounds like it’s up my alley

TheSlutPit
Dec 26, 2009

I listened for a few months back in mid-late 2019 and got bored. They’re pretty funny once you get over the voices, but the gimmick plays itself out pretty quickly and I only rarely listen to the newer eps (ie when I am very bored). It’s hilarious how they can switch gears from stealing from sephora to foucault or zizek and then back again in a single thread of thought. It really reminds me of my cool but abject, misanthropic grad student friends in my early-mid 20’s. That said, the most interesting and notable thing about this pod is how divisive it is, and how it makes a particular crowd of leftist media/twitter people insanely mad just by existing.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

TheSlutPit posted:

It really reminds me of my cool but abject, misanthropic grad student friends in my early-mid 20’s.

Your friends weren't cool, lol.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Guys me and my friends are were just so smart it made us rude and dislike people, we were so loving cool. Like a group of Gregory Houses, but like for real.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

sucking dick is praxees

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

this is what I get for removing the cumtown thread

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Junpei Hyde posted:

We can always start a thread for Stavros' stupid call-in advice show, too.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
Isn't OP that one weirdo who keeps posting transphobic poo poo in PYF? Why hasn't someone permanently shown this moron the door yet?

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

SunAndSpring posted:

Isn't OP that one weirdo who keeps posting transphobic poo poo in PYF? Why hasn't someone permanently shown this moron the door yet?

somehow this is his one funny trollpost and i dont know if it was intention

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Im just here to say that Adam is a king.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Wizard Master is a trolling genius. He posts only once every blue moon in threads to suggest that the latest dose of content sucks.

TheSlutPit
Dec 26, 2009

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Your friends weren't cool, lol.

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Guys me and my friends are were just so smart it made us rude and dislike people, we were so loving cool. Like a group of Gregory Houses, but like for real.

That’s sort of weirdly aggro, but you know, maybe you’re right. Who’s to say really lol. I guess like many of the dirtbag-left-adjacent podcasts it just fills some niche of flawed, immature, but sort of funny friends you had a decade ago but wouldn’t necessarily want to be around anymore regularly. The glaring thing here is that I think both the hosts are in their 30’s and just lmao at actually still being that way.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I read the OP and was immediately like oh poo poo is this something genuinely insightful that I'm repelled by based off description because I'm not educated enough or whatever but nope, turns out it probably legit sucks. That makes me feel better thanks OP

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

TheSlutPit posted:

That’s sort of weirdly aggro, but you know, maybe you’re right. Who’s to say really lol. I guess like many of the dirtbag-left-adjacent podcasts it just fills some niche of flawed, immature, but sort of funny friends you had a decade ago but wouldn’t necessarily want to be around anymore regularly. The glaring thing here is that I think both the hosts are in their 30’s and just lmao at actually still being that way.
I hate listened to this podcast for a couple months but I just can't do it anymore. They are so freakin self righteous. Yeah, you are right. They do remind me of this sort of grad student persona who would compensate for their absolutely ill-earned privilege with being an rear end in a top hat. The only reason I think I listened so long is I got to pretend I was their even more self righteous friend again listening to them go off at a party while thinking "at least I'm not him".

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

Junpei Hyde posted:

Yes, yes it absolutely is

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

now this thread exists can we give people 6ers for mentioning red scare anywhere else on sa because then it serves a purpose

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
The last few episodes have been pretty enjoyable.

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

:whitewater:

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

Anna has some of the weirdest Twitter takes I've ever seen

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

I am the Wizard Master
Anna was banned from Twitter!! 😧

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

Wizard Master posted:

She said on IG that the red scare pod was banned but she just deactivated/deleted preemptively.

It’s all very dumb.

Ansar Santa
Jul 12, 2012

never once listened to red scare, but adam's ex did a great job in disco elysium

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

Cosmik Slop posted:

Anna has some of the weirdest Twitter takes I've ever seen

Wizard Master posted:

No one man should have all this power

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Just a funny av. Not a redtext or an own ok.

A Russian troll farm posted:

never once listened to red scare, but adam's ex did a great job in disco elysium

I liked when she owned the diaper gun girl that one time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Who are these people again?