Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

Guilty posted:

Tips: nothing really scales off of strength, so you really want a 300% duration build.

Your Redline meter builds slower the more duration you have. But this shouldn't matter.

Bringing it back to Gauss for a second. Can you treat Strength as a dump stat since not much scales off it? Or is he the sort of frame where nothing's really dump?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
Ideally you keep gausses strength at 100 since his 2s DR cap is affected by it. Going further up is useless though since it just raises the minimum it has.

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity

Raptor1033 posted:

Bringing it back to Gauss for a second. Can you treat Strength as a dump stat since not much scales off it? Or is he the sort of frame where nothing's really dump?

You can play with values here to find the build you want: https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Gauss#Maximization

But all that higher strength does is increase your DR when your redline meter isn't full, and since 1. Gauss regens shield insanely fast when moving and 2. His Redline meter should always be full, you won't really ever notice that higher strength at all. You're much better off putting EVERYTHING into duration since his 4's maximum values increase by a ton if you're at 300 duration (like 3x much)

Don't forget you won't really have a dump slot on your mods, because if you're not modding for duration you should be putting in as much sprint boost mods as you can on Gauss, as sprint boost will help you maintain your meter.

Guilty fucked around with this message at 13:47 on May 18, 2020

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
I run 40% strength on Gauss during stock starchart missions and syndicate missions, you literally don't need the survivability, and a max range gauss nukes literally everything.

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity

Phobophilia posted:

I run 40% strength on Gauss during stock starchart missions and syndicate missions, you literally don't need the survivability, and a max range gauss nukes literally everything.

This won't work past 40+ content

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

Previous the shield gating update, didn't Adaptation only kick in when your health was dipped into? It definitely is active with damage to shields now, which could make for some crazy.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

smallmouth posted:

Previous the shield gating update, didn't Adaptation only kick in when your health was dipped into? It definitely is active with damage to shields now, which could make for some crazy.

Nah, Adaptation was always just damage taken. It was the first thing to really make shield tanking viable at all, come to that.

(Although there were a couple of times when the mod was just bugged and could stop working entirely.)

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
Aw man I missed Gauss chat. I still feel, at least out there in pubbieland, like I'm the only one who plays him. :/

cuntman.net posted:

i wouldnt complain about any of the issues on their own but all of them combined together in a perfect way for me to get brutally and hilariously owned

It's the farming. People would laugh at falling off the platforms even if it's for dumb your-parkour-don't-work-here reasons. Anyone who likes the storyline of these things would still like it. All the positives with no downside exists and it's also the path of less effort. The amount of farming is barely even worth talking about too, and there's no way to bypass it with cash, so it all becomes extra pointless and that somehow makes it even more annoying.

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

Well, turned my attention to this week's NW challenges and I see that Thumpers a.k.a. 'cowardly tanks' still utterly loving suck balls.

gaj70
Jan 26, 2013

Guilty posted:

The answer to disruption, like all things in this game, is Bramma

But, once you have a bramma, are you still cracking requiem relics?

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

Pipski posted:

Well, turned my attention to this week's NW challenges and I see that Thumpers a.k.a. 'cowardly tanks' still utterly loving suck balls.

Nova chumps thumpers btw

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

You can Nova and Zenurik slow them at the same time.

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.
I ram things and run gauss with 194% str.

2->4->1...1...1...1
Drag a group closer with 3 and ram again. drat its so fun!

Also, as WF dragged me back again with new NW, I would

build advices :D

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

AntherUslessPoster posted:

2->4->1...1...1...1

Gotta try that build later. I think I got one or two in Gauss already, dropped off of using him because I felt like Volt was like an easier to use version of Gauss.

:allears:

But yeah same here, the Kuva Khom looks like a fantastic auto-shotty.

Edit: Going to be building Wisp later, and unlike the other Warframe I have done 0 research on her. Anyone got some build suggestions for her?

Vanadium
Jan 8, 2005

This is legit the best kuva lich pun I've seen. :sun:

gaj70
Jan 26, 2013

Keep the name :shrug:

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

Mesadoram posted:

Gotta try that build later. I think I got one or two in Gauss already, dropped off of using him because I felt like Volt was like an easier to use version of Gauss.

:allears:

But yeah same here, the Kuva Khom looks like a fantastic auto-shotty.

Gauss is the GOTTA GO FAST solution for sloppy bad-aim idiots who can't play speed volt properly.
You don't evade walls and obstacles, you hit them at the most straight angle possible :D
Not fast, not op in any way or sense but immensely fun in a proper tileset.

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

2->4->1...1...1...1

Use it with Gauss, burn through all your ammo in 10 seconds. (Seriously you REALLY need to bring an ammo mutation of some kind, Kohm is super ammo hungry, but awesome despite that.)

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

Mesadoram posted:

Edit: Going to be building Wisp later, and unlike the other Warframe I have done 0 research on her. Anyone got some build suggestions for her?

She's got lots of various ways to be built, but the main is strength and duration. I find that she's pretty great with all three umbrals because her outrageous HP pool means every point of armor nets you more and more EHP. There's never a reason to not drop some flowers in your wake. Except if it's a defend the point situation, because you've already dropped some right there.

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

Finally, 46 missions later the bramma lich spawned! Moreso he spawned with a 26% toxin bramma!

re:wisp
Been getting good results with this https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/697511686260654181/712047443604406282/unknown.png and range+str for a will-o-wisp surge dps build. Its a strange one but does give some cool results like 5 million damage crits from surge itself

Erulisse fucked around with this message at 23:18 on May 18, 2020

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

temple posted:

Yeah I did the same thing. The best way to get Ash is to do defection missions because a maniac will spawn around 5mins or 3 squads. Farming Harrow's systems and Ash's blueprint is pretty good because Harrow takes a ton of defections and you will end up killing a bunch of maniacs. Defection missions are easy if you have a heal frame like oberon, equinox, etc.

I just play Safeguard nezha
put a 5000hp shield on all the defectors then just go afk because they'll be fine no matter what.

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

I have to add that continuing to crack kuva relics is a great way to make plat.

Here’s my Kohm setup. I agree it requires ammo mut. Arcane tempo makes it scream.

smallmouth fucked around with this message at 13:31 on May 19, 2020

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

SIGSEGV posted:

She's got lots of various ways to be built, but the main is strength and duration. I find that she's pretty great with all three umbrals because her outrageous HP pool means every point of armor nets you more and more EHP. There's never a reason to not drop some flowers in your wake. Except if it's a defend the point situation, because you've already dropped some right there.

re:wisp
Been getting good results with this https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/697511686260654181/712047443604406282/unknown.png and range+str for a will-o-wisp surge dps build. Its a strange one but does give some cool results like 5 million damage crits from surge itself

Awesome, ty goons.

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Trinity Prime and Nova Prime are next, just announced, on May 26th. Good bye, good ol' Nova regular. I invested 5 forma in you and now I feel that was a slight waste.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
Never a waste to play a fun frame.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
Let's not talk about how many forma my Titania/dex pixia/diwata had when prime came out, okay?

not a waste, I like Titania

PirateDentist
Mar 28, 2006

Sailing The Seven Seas Searching For Scurvy

Guilty posted:

Trinity Prime and Nova Prime are next, just announced, on May 26th. Good bye, good ol' Nova regular. I invested 5 forma in you and now I feel that was a slight waste.

My Titania P decants this afternoon, I have so many forma in her normal version, but I played her a bunch since her release in 2016. I have a pile of forma on deck just so I can throw as many as I want at stupid OP builds. Much like how most of my primed mod collection is 10/10. Why? Number go bigger, blow stuff up 10% faster. If you had fun with the frame then you know it's worth building up the prime one. Hell it'll even take less forma since they have more polarities to start.

Maybe don't blow a bunch of forma if the primed is coming out in like a month, but otherwise just have fun. Go crack lith captures for a few hours and get more forma then you can ever fit on a frame. :yarr: If you're apt to grind a tad, I work to always have a forma in the oven and one or two BPs on deck.

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.

Mesadoram posted:

Here's my non-meta Wisp build (taken before I added another umbra forma)

I also have Amalgam Serration on my primary for additional speed. I went slow once, and it was awful.

"Non-meta" not just because of my use of Rush but also because a lot of people seem to think range is important for her third ability. I almost exclusively use her as a gun/melee platform, though, so I only really use reservoirs unless I'm in Railjack (where stuns are useful and everything hurts). Plus her second ability to trivialize most spy missions, but it scales off duration.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

this is your regular reminder that Rush (and sprint speed generally) has literally zero effect on parkour and doesn't actually make you any faster than the guy who knows that you should never be touching the ground

especially on Wisp, who has even MORE reasons to never be touching the ground

if you want to mod yourself to get around more quickly look into the mods that give +% bullet jump (a confusingly named stat which in fact means "bullet jump speed")

e: Rush is legit if you find yourself spending significant amounts of time using Wisp's 4, but if you're using her 4 you're not using her amazing fire rate buff

e2: or apparently not. don't use Rush, kids

Tuxedo Catfish fucked around with this message at 23:54 on May 19, 2020

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
Through messing around with this stuff I actually found that the +Bullet jump mods (like Lightning Dash, Mobilize, etc) just increase the duration of your roll/bullet jumps and not so much the speed. Mods that increase sprinting make it so that you accelerate faster when sprinting (has no effect on walking speed) and increases your max speed while sprinting too. Skills like Volt's 2 and Zephyr's 3 with the speed mod increase both walking speed and sprint speed, and I think your minimum speed too.

But Titania with Razorwing blitz is so much faster than anything else in the game anyways.

Mercury_Storm fucked around with this message at 23:39 on May 19, 2020

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

Mercury_Storm posted:

Through messing around with this stuff I actually found that the +Bullet jump mods (like Lightning Dash, Mobilize, etc) just increase the duration of your roll/bullet jumps and not so much the speed.

This part is incorrect. You travel further in the same time; I've been over it frame-by-frame in a video editor just to make sure. I'll work up a side-by-side comparison if you really want me to. :v:

Mercury_Storm posted:

Mods that increase sprinting make it so that you accelerate faster when sprinting (has no effect on walking speed) and increases your max speed while sprinting too. Skills like Volt's 2 and Zephyr's 3 with the speed mod increase both walking speed and sprint speed, and I think your minimum speed too.

This is accurate, though. Weird, because I could have sworn frames like Inaros, Wisp, etc. benefitted from Rush to go faster during their animation-locked channels, but apparently not.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

Some power animations are sped up by attack speed, but generally speaking that's natural talent territory. Never heard about run speed or even rush specifically affecting anything like that.

Have you tested run speed or bullet jump speed mods against +slide/-friction style mods?

I can see both run speed or slide speed increases maybe imparting extra momentum to bullet or roll jumps but definitely haven't tested anything thoroughly.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

FunkyFjord posted:

Some power animations are sped up by attack speed, but generally speaking that's natural talent territory. Never heard about run speed or even rush specifically affecting anything like that.

Inaros and Wisp can both move during their channels; it wouldn't be a question of speeding up the animation but of whether the animation still uses walk (or sprint) speed to determine how fast you move. Since Rush doesn't affect walk speed it's probably moot, but if you really wanted to check the effect, I suppose you could team them up with a Volt. Or just have Wisp buff herself / not buff herself with speed mote.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Read some advice on taking down a tusk thumper, so after dumping all my radioactive high crit maxxxed out weapons on it, I ran out of ammo and found out that stabbing it with a barely modded pitchfork in melee was way more effective, not sure why!

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

Tusk Thumpers have "machinery" type health (a recent change -- it used to be alloy armor) which has a very particular set of elemental vulnerabilities; maybe your melee weapon was a better match.

e: radiation is good against alloy but neutral against machinery, so radiation weapons are no longer the go-to for Thumpers. you want Blast instead; Electricity and Impact are also good

dangerously half-accurate; see below

Tuxedo Catfish fucked around with this message at 13:07 on May 20, 2020

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
While newer players should lay off using [Rush] as a crutch for getting around the map, there are some frames in which that mod is distinctly useful. Volt likes to sprint on the ground. Gauss 1 and Wukong 2 depend on sprint speed. And it's also a reason why I no longer like to use shotguns, because rifles can equip [Amalgam Serration] for sprint speed.

And there aren't a great many sources of bullet jump velocity. There's [Mobilize], I use that often because it's cheap. There are arcanes that increase bullet jump speed, but that's competing with very powerful damage and survivability arcanes. And there's the parazon mod that gives bullet jump velocity on mercy finishers, but that's very unreliable, and the only time you really have many sources of mercy kills, you don't want to be bounding through the map at maximum velocity.

Finally, the fastest way to accelerate from a standing stop is to do quick slides, because that accelerates you to your maximum sprint velocity very quickly. But don't stack it too much, because a loss of friction can be very annoying to play around.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

Ya quick little taps of your slide button can get you going from zero pretty quickly.

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Inaros and Wisp can both move during their channels;

Oh I misinterpreted your previous post, woops, my bad.

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

you want Blast instead; Electricity and Impact are also good

Hilarious and I like it.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

e: radiation is good against alloy but neutral against machinery, so radiation weapons are no longer the go-to for Thumpers. you want Blast instead; Electricity and Impact are also good

Radiation is still the go-to, as it gets the same damage increase as blast while also ignoring most of the armor. The change just means you can't double-dip the damage bonuses any more.

If you were fully stripping the armor somehow, then you'd want blast.

McKilligan
May 13, 2007

Acey Deezy

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

this is your regular reminder that Rush (and sprint speed generally) has literally zero effect on parkour and doesn't actually make you any faster than the guy who knows that you should never be touching the ground

especially on Wisp, who has even MORE reasons to never be touching the ground

if you want to mod yourself to get around more quickly look into the mods that give +% bullet jump (a confusingly named stat which in fact means "bullet jump speed")

e: Rush is legit if you find yourself spending significant amounts of time using Wisp's 4, but if you're using her 4 you're not using her amazing fire rate buff

e2: or apparently not. don't use Rush, kids

My ash prime is kitted or with every single +sprint speed mod in the game, including dispatch overdrive, and he can give Gauss a run for his money when DO kicks in. He's my go-to for clearing rescue/spy missions asap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

McKilligan posted:

My ash prime is kitted or with every single +sprint speed mod in the game, including dispatch overdrive, and he can give Gauss a run for his money when DO kicks in. He's my go-to for clearing rescue/spy missions asap.

You can definitely make some frames sprint really fast via rush plus an ability or other feature of the frame. It doesn’t actually take much to sprint faster than a bullet jump for frames like nezha, volt, or gauss, hell even jet stream zephyr can book it.

It’s always a weird feeling to bullet jump out of habit and go noticeably slower than you were running.

That being said, frames that incentivize being in the air are kind of anathema to the idea of that, and wisp is definitely one of those.