Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MisterJed
May 9, 2004

Who hasn’t been cleared by somber? That’s who we should go after, 2 godfathers is a stretch. (Except me).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MisterJed
May 9, 2004

I think its just hawke, right?

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
##unvote

I guess you can live today!

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

i am okay with mona too but uh still there is a lot of evidence to suggest unclaimed scum/third party poisoner, which would be tokes.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

b-minus1 posted:

Chaos is scum - there’s no doubt about that. But I really think we need to lunch birb first.
Props to b- wish we didn’t kill ya buddie

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

No child soldier in poverty by 1990
lol ##unvote

MisterJed
May 9, 2004

I will ##vote token female , toalpaz is right

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

its token female or birb to be clear. the godfather flip basically proves that somber isn't lying.

birb supported my claim that he targeted me even though there's no real evidence that he did. The dart was probably the bird statue.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
My item was the humming bird statue not sure why I ended up targeting Toal.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Eh, I'm not having fun anymore and the jig is up anyway.

Hi yes it is in fact me I am the last scum, gg y'all.

Too much poo poo going on with the items makes this game loving impossible even with the VIP condition, whoof.

Jed is the worst king ever, literally sold out his entire loving coup lmfao

##vote Monathin

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

I know when I'm beat, let's not drag this out y'all. GG.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Just for the gently caress of it, ##pray

MisterJed
May 9, 2004

That sucks. ##unvote ##vote mona

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Monathin posted:

Just for the gently caress of it, ##pray

hey I gave you a way out of this lmao

use the emerald...

xopods
Oct 26, 2010

I figured it would turn out Chaoslord was GF, so I'm glad my instincts were right on that one.

I'm perplexed with the fact that the game isn't over though, and I'm looking at the info we have an no theory really makes total sense to me. I'm going to sleep on it and then do another player list in the morning and the most plausible scenario under which they're Scum. Maybe looking at them all side by side I'll notice something that's not obvious right now, because at the moment I'm stumped.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

xopods posted:

I figured it would turn out Chaoslord was GF, so I'm glad my instincts were right on that one.

I'm perplexed with the fact that the game isn't over though, and I'm looking at the info we have an no theory really makes total sense to me. I'm going to sleep on it and then do another player list in the morning and the most plausible scenario under which they're Scum. Maybe looking at them all side by side I'll notice something that's not obvious right now, because at the moment I'm stumped.

get a load of this guy

xopods
Oct 26, 2010

Oh wait. poo poo. I missed the scumclaim lol.

##vote Mona in that case.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

xopods posted:

i figured chaous would be gf first i think :lofty:

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Toalpaz posted:

hey I gave you a way out of this lmao

use the emerald...

I mean if y'all wanna no lunch I swear I'll use the emerald tonight cause why not, it's an Ecco tradition.

xopods
Oct 26, 2010

Toalpaz posted:

i figured chaous would be gf first i think :lofty:

Quite possibly. I wasn't claiming credit for being the first to say it, just that it was the theory that made the most sense to me.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
I voted for chaoslord first I think :sparkles:

But it was a team effort gj my town friends, including those no longer have with us.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

For the record I'm like 90% sure someone used a redirect item on Toal or birb would be dead today, so, rip

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

no kill

into poison flavour kill

is kind of bastardly if there's no mechanic backing it up, lol.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Monathin posted:

For the record I'm like 90% sure someone used a redirect item on Toal or birb would be dead today, so, rip

Someone used a redirect on yuming, I think. I targeted jed and had my target confirmed.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

I know this definitely hasn't been my strongest town game, but i'm still fairly pleased at the engagement I got going I think.

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

what a wild ride

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

##vote morathin I guess?

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Take me home... country roads...

To the place... I belong...

West Virginia... mountain mama...

:redhammer:

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Monathin posted:

Take me home... country roads...

To the place... I belong...

West Virginia... mountain mama...

:redhammer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iO49k8GEVhI&list=PLNdESfkT9PcSf86qNZOYd0FrwruLae0zQ&index=90

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

seriously, forums embed when lowtax?

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
The counter-revolution was crushed. Their leader's treason was exposed, and he was executed by the very monarch they swore to restore. There was no more point in going on. "I confess," said Monathin. "I am the final conspirator. Please have mercy on me." The Councillors sent him away in chains, and at long last their nightmare was over.

But when it comes to politics and revolutions things don't always end like we may hope. When news broke out that Mr. Slord was executed for treason by the Dux, riots broke out in the city. Factions formed between those who believed the truth - that their beloved civic leader was a violent supporter of tyranny - and those who believed it was some kind of slanderous propaganda from Arrentia. The Councillors, who had sacrificed so much to be free of the Dux, were in the unenviable position of advocating for his honor and integrity as they quelled a popular protest to overthrow the him.

By the time the dust had settled, it turned out that everyone, in a way, got what they wanted. A new constitution was drafted, allowing the Dux to continue as the nominal head of state while the actual act of making and enforcing laws remained in the sole hands of the Council. This suited everyone quiet nicely, and after the tumult of the previous weeks, a steady peace was much appreciated. The Council held free elections later that year for the first time, and soon Ledola became well-known as a symbol of democracy and freedom along the Morze, promising anyone with a dream the chance to achieve it.

As for the Dux? He used his wealth and newfound free time to pursue is true passion. He built a ziggurat next to his palace and turned it into an ornithological sanctuary, raising the most resplendent flock of tropical birds anyone has ever known. Each tier of the ziggurat has lush gardens populated by birds of every size and shape and color ever known. Alvise even experimented with magickal enchantments causing some of his birds to glow in the dark, releasing colors never before seen by the human eye.

As time went on the violence behind his transition from regnant to figurehead faded from memory, consigned to history books and the debate of scholars. Today, the Hanging Gardens of Ledola are his real legacy, and the world is better off for it.

:s: Monathin, President, Yushman Imports (mafia-aligned gunrunner), was executed day 6. :s:

THE SCUM ARE ELIMINATED
THE GAME IS OVER

TOWN AND SURVIVOR VICTORY

:toot:

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
The Election and the King

A Game for 21 players

- 6 Mafia: CAN ONLY WIN AS A TEAM IF SURVIVOR SURVIVES TO ENDGAME; MAFIA KNOW HIS IDENTITY BUT NOT VICE VERSA. IF THE KING DIES, REMAINING PLAYERS BECOME INDEPENDENT SERIAL KILLERS WITH NO ROLE POWERS.
--- 1 Godfather (successful peasant entrepreneur of "Abroz, Incorporated": Ledola's Biggest Store, selling "everything from A to Z")
--- 1 Gunrunner (Yushman Imports)
----- May drop a gun each day, 5 total: 3 work as intended, 1 is a dud, and 1 blows up in the user's face killing them.
--- 1 Tracker (Captain of the Night Watch). Is told WHAT the target does as well, if anything.
--- 1 Doctor (Father Superior of the Cleric's Academy)
--- 2 Goons (Boss of the Bread & Circuses Bakers' Union; President of The Manufactory: Mfg.&Ref.)

- 1 Survivor
--- King Alvise of House Brutus (FAKECLAIM: Master of the Bhd. of Atmosphysicians)
--- Inventor, delivers items from his "Royal Treasury" at night. Can deliver up to two a night. Knows what they do on first use, recipient does not, save for the Crown. Items are in lieu of any other actions. Only player with a night 0. Recipients can give away an item as a "free" action.
Items:
----- a CROWN (one-shot executioner: player with at least half of the votes required can be instantly executed and cardflipped, day does not end)
----- a silver SCIMITAR encrusted with rubies (one-shot bulletproof; only "works" once)
----- THE EMERALD OF AGES (kills user)
----- a GOLDEN RING with strange writing (user turns invisible; BP first night, cannot post after second night, fades away from existence third night)
----- a RUBY NECKLACE (one-shot protection; player is not told it's one-shot, but implied with flavor)
----- a SILVER NECKLACE (player turns into a ghost, roleblocks target while also tracking who the target would have targeted, if anyone. third use kills user)
----- a Bottle of 617 Anaïse Rouge (player gets drunk and wanders harmlessly to a random player)
----- a golden HUMMINGBIRD STATUE with chartreuse peridots for eyes (it comes to life, user chases it to a random player and becomes their unconfirmed mason)

- 14 Town
--- 1 Enchanter (Secretary of the Magicians' Assistants' Alliance). Determines the (next) effect of an item, with a hint if the item is Evil. Starts with two items, whose effects are initially unknown to the enchanter.
----- a pair of SPECTACLES with sapphire frames (player is a watcher the first two uses; on the third use the player is a self-watcher for the rest of the game)
----- a necklace of SMALL BLUE PEARLS (ecco cop, up to 7 players; one-shot, subsequent uses give "INCONCLUSIVE" result)
--- 1 Watcher (Boss of the Fishermen's Union)
--- 1 Cop/Miller (The Arrentish Ambassador)
--- 1 White Mage/Miller (Anchoress of the Matriarchate). can absorb all protective power to cure the negative effects of a cursed item (e.g. GOLDEN RING).
--- 1 Flavorcop (The Royal Censor). Is given significant flavor details on targets. Is not told what any of the flavor means.
--- 2 Confirmed Masons (Charter Executives of the Sugarblock & Saltworks Co.)
--- 7 vanilla (Charter Executive, Kermish Wines Imp. Auth.; Citizen, The Mason's Guild; Pilot, The Navigators; Head of House Codelli, a family of disgraced continental nobles, and Charter Executive, Codelli Mortg. & Loan; Chairman, the Supplier & Trade Bureau; President, Lamplighters &Assocs.; President, Warehouse & Storage Facilities Mgmt.&Maint.Corp.)

================================

Player List:

1) chaoslord - Owner, Abroz Inc. (mafia-aligned godfather)
2) Monathin - President, Yushman Imports (mafia-aligned gunrunner)
3) Ixtlilton - Captain of the Night Watch (mafia-aligned tracker)
4) Moatillata - Father Superior of the Cleric's Academy (mafia-aligned doctor)
5) sandnavyguy - Boss, Bread & Circuses Bakers' Union (mafia-aligned goon)
6) Gamerofthegame - President, The Manufactory: Mfg.&Ref. (mafia-aligned goon)

7) MisterJed - King Alvise of House Brutus (king-aligned inventor)

8) Atomic Soda - Secretary, Magician Assistants' Alliance (town-aligned enchanter)
9) Sandwolf - Boss, Fisherman's Union (town-aligned watcher)
10) Somberbrero - The Arrentish Ambassador (town-aligned cop)
11) SHALASHASKA HAWKE - Anchoress of the Matriarchate (town-aligned white mage)
12) Toalpaz - The Royal Censor (town-aligned flavorcop)
13) Jonathan Fisk - Charter Executive, Sugarblock & Saltwork Co. (town-aligned mason)
14) Pinterest Mom - Charter Executive, Sugarblock & Saltwork Co. (town-aligned mason)
15) Token Female - Charter Executive, Kermish Wines Imp. Auth. (town-aligned vanilla)
16) cheese sandwich - Citizen, The Mason's Guild (town-aligned vanilla)
17) b-minus1 - Pilot, The Navigators (town-aligned vanilla)
18) xopods - Head of House Codelli and Charter Executive of Codelli Mortg. & Loan (town-aligned vanilla)
19) Spoonsy - Chairman, Supplier & Trade Bureau (town-aligned vanilla)
20) merk - President, Lamplighters &Assocs. (town-aligned vanilla)
21) yuming - President, Warehouse & Storage Facilities Mgmt.&Maint. Corp. (town-aligned vanilla)

Night 0:
Jed gives the EMERALD OF AGES to Cheese (yesyes.gif)

Day 1:
Town executes Spoonsy

Night 1:
Mona drops EXPLODEGUN
Ixt tracks yuming (nowhere)
Moat protects Jed
Gamer kills Fisk (rip)
Jed gives CROWN to Token Female; RUBY NECKLACE to merk
Soda gives SPECTACLES to Somber
Sandwolf watches Token Female (sees: Hawke, Jed)
Somber investigates yuming (TOWN)
Hawke protects Token Female
Toal flavorcops Somber
Cheese uses EMERALD OF AGES, dies.

Day 2:
Soda grabs EXPLODEGUN; EXPLODES with the EXPLODEGUN
Token CROWNKILLS Ixtlilton
Town executes merk

Night 2:
Mona drops REALGUN
Moat protects Jed
SNG kills Token (FAILS, white mage)
Jed gives SCIMITAR to Pmom; BOTTLE to Hawke
Sandwolf watches xopods (sees: NOBODY)
Somber investigates Toalpaz (TOWN); gives SPECTACLES to yuming
Hawke protects PMom
Toal flavorcops Hawke

Day 3:
Hawke grabs REALGUN
Town executes Moat

Night 3:
Mona drops REALGUN
chao kills Sandwolf
Gamer gives EMERALD to Toal
Jed gives GOLDEN RING to SNG; SILVER NECKLACE to Token Female
Sandwolf watches PMom (sees: PMom target Self)
Somber investigates Gamer (SCUM)
Hawke protects self; gives BOTTLE to Gamer
Toal flavorcops Gamer
PMom uses SCIMITAR
yuming uses SPECTACLES; watches Token (sees: MisterJed)

Day 4:
SNG grabs REALGUN; shoots Hawke (FAILS, absorbed by white mage power)
Town executes Gamer

Night 4:
Mona drops REALGUN
chao kills PMom
Jed gives STATUE to yuming
Somber investigates chao (TOWN)
Hawke protects self
Toal flavorcops chao
SNG uses RING
Token uses SILVER NECKLACE, blocktracks Monathin (prevents gun drop)

Day 5:
Hawke kills sandnavyguy
Town executes b-minus

Night 5:
Mona drops REALGONNE
chao kills Hawke (FAILS, blocked by tokes)
Jed does nothing
Somber investigates xopods
Hawke protects Toalpaz
Toal flavorcops Jed, gives EMERALD to Monathin
Token ghostblocks Chao
yuming uses STATUE, rng says masons with Toalpaz

Day 6:
Jed shoots chao (rip)
Town executes Mona

GAME OVER

TOWN + SURVIVOR VICTORY

===

CURRENT INVENTORY:
yuming: SPECTACLES
Token: SILVER NECKLACE
Toal: PEARL NECKLACE, RUBY NECKLACE, GOLDEN RING
Jed: SCIMITAR, REALGONNE
Mona: EMERALD
Somber: BOTTLE

ROLE PMs:

chaoslord - Owner, Abroz Inc. - mafia-aligned godfather
COMPANY PROFILE: Abroz, Incorporated (ABZ) is the biggest retailer in Ledola. Practically anything one wants can be bought from their helpful catalogue: clothing, books, ink, stamps, potions, boats, bags, scales, food, jewelry, dishes, knives, plants, pots, even tropical birds! They promise the lowest prices in the city and free delivery for all orders over 50 pence, with a generous return policy for dissatisfied customers. Their founder, Chao Skyrie, started out as a humble bookseller before aggressively expanding his company's focus, inspired by the company's motto: "anything you want from A to Z." Skyrie is currently the wealthiest man in Ledola, and one of the wealthiest merchants on the Morze.
You are a mafioso! You are a radical Ducist seeking to restore King Alvise to power. As such, your win condition has two parts: mafia-aligned players must have insurmountable control over the vote, AND King Alvise must survive to see it. Your scumteam consists of: Moatillata, Gamerofthgame, Ixtlilton, Monathin, chaoslord, and sandnavyguy. The six of you may communicate freely OOT throughout the game and are confirmed to share the same alignment. Any of you may perform a single, collective nightkill in lieu of other actions that night.
You are also aware that King Alvise is in the game, though he is not formally on your team and you may not communicate with him. His player is MisterJed. He does not know who you are, but remember you can only win if he survives to a mafia-victory.
You specifically are a godfather. Your brand is so entwined with Ledola's economy, and your background as a peasant so inspiring, that any investigation into your life and affairs will return a positive, pro-town result.
You are a godfather and you are mafia-aligned.

Monathin - President, Yushman Imps. - mafia-aligned gunrunner
COMPANY PROFILE: Yushman Imports (YSH) is the premier importer in Ledola. Anything that cannot be fished, forged, or crafted in the city must be shipped from the continent, and only Yushman has the infrastructure in place and logistical know-how to make sure the right goods get to the right people quickly, safely, and cheaply. It also runs a highly profitable side business leasing its pirate protection services: Yushman Marines are some of the toughest mercenaries this side of the Morze. Or at least the best equipped. They are famous for using strange and powerful alchemical technology from the far east, where steel tubes are stuffed with metal bullets and explosive powder. These "pestolae" (or "gonnes") produce a very loud bang which is very frightening, and though the bullet often misses its target by a wide margin, it can travel further and faster than even the most powerful ballista bolt.
You are a mafioso! You are a radical Ducist seeking to restore King Alvise to power. As such, your win condition has two parts: mafia-aligned players must have insurmountable control over the vote, AND King Alvise must survive to see it. Your scumteam consists of: Moatillata, Gamerofthgame, Ixtlilton, Monathin, chaoslord, and sandnavyguy. The six of you may communicate freely OOT throughout the game and are confirmed to share the same alignment. Any of you may perform a single, collective nightkill in lieu of other actions that night.
You are also aware that King Alvise is in the game, though he is not formally on your team and you may not communicate with him. His player is MisterJed. He does not know who you are, but remember you can only win if he survives to a mafia-victory.
You specifically have access to weapons that can be delivered to the general public. As a night action you can agree to deliver a "pestola" to the town the next morning. At the start of the game day, anyone can post ##take pestola to grab the weapon, acquiring it as an item. Different pestolae have different functions, but only you will be aware of which does what. You have:
- 3 pestolae that give the holder a free daykill with ##kill
- 2 pestolae that have inert powder; they are duds that won't go off when triggered.
- 1 pestola that has particularly explosive powder; it will kill the holder if they try to ##kill with it.
You are a gunrunner and you are mafia-aligned.

Ixtlilton - Captain of the Night Watch - mafia-aligned tracker
ORG PROFILE: The Night Watch patrols the warehouses and shops during the dark hours to prevent theft, vandalism, arson, burglary, graffiti, loitering, and general no-goodness from ne'er-do-wells and scofflaws. The Night Watch is funded partially by a General Fund paid into by the businesses the Watch protects, but most of their support comes from the Dux directly. This has made them, functionally, the Dux's personal muscle.
You specifically are trained at stalking and following shifty characters at night, to rough them up. During the night you may target a player in the game; you'll be told who that player targeted, if anyone, and also WHAT they did, if anything.
You are a tracker and you are mafia-aligned.

Moatillata - Father Superior of the Cleric's Academy - mafia-aligned doctor
ORG PROFILE: The Academy trains clerics, healers, apothecaries, and other white magick users in the city. Their noble mission is to heal the sick, mend the wounded, prevent the spread of contagion, minister to the dying, and promote the public health and wellbeing of all citizens. However, the Academy's services are not provided for free, creating significant health disparities between the merchant class and peasants. Likewise only the children of wealthy families can afford the Academy's tuition, though if a peasant can get a patron to sponsor them, they'll be set for life. The Academy is one of the many elite institutions that risk having their status threatened should the Dux lose power.
You specifically are a master of the white magickal arts. You may cast a protective spell over a player every night, preventing them from being hurt or killed. However, know that while your healing is strong, there are mechanics in this game that can, in rare circumstances, break through your protection.
You are a doctor and you are mafia-aligned.

sandnavyguy - Boss, Bread & Circuses Bakers' Union - mafia-aligned goon
ORG PROFILE: In all places and among all people, bread is how we get through our day. A city on stilts in the middle of the sea can't grow their own wheat, but the mainland produces large surpluses that can be imported, ground into flour, and then shipped to the hundreds of bakeries to feed the thousands of citizens. The Bakers' Union ensures that all the city's bakers and millers are paid high wages, that the flour and bread they produce meets quality standards, and that the price of bread remains fixed above what the market would ordinarily provide. Membership to the union is mandatory for all registered bakeries. Freelance bakers, while not against the law, are roughed up and shut down by union thugs.
You have no other exceptional powers or abilities.
You are a goon and you are mafia-aligned.

Gamerofthegame - President of The Manufactory: Mfg.&Ref. - mafia-aligned goon
COMPANY PROFILE: The Manufactory (MFY) is the consortium of factories, refineries, furnaces, and workshops in the city that transforms raw goods into finished products. Iron and copper is shipped from the mainland and smelted into steel and brass; coal is burned into coke; sand melted to glass; hemp spun to rope; clay is ground and fired into bricks; and so on. The Manufactory's subsidiary companies are critical to the functioning of the city, and as such they have significant political power. If they ever shut down, so would the rest of the economy.
You have no other exceptional powers or abilities.
You are a goon and you are mafia-aligned.

MisterJed - King Alvise of House Brutus - king-aligned inventor (FAKECLAIM: Master of the Bhd. of Atmosphysicians - town-aligned inventor)
A burden of being King is that you're not really a person. You're a symbol, an idea, a concept, an institution. People speak about you and of you, but they never speak with you. Nobody asked if you wanted to be King. Nobody asked how you feel about the Council, or their attempts to remove your authority. Nobody asked if you're okay with people murdering in your name! You don't really care about politics or palace intrigue or any of that nonsense, that was always dad's schtick. Supposedly you're the most powerful man in the city, yet there's nothing you can do to stop the madness and chaos that your dad started a decade ago. You've been wrapped up in this conflict against your will, and you just want to get through it alive to return to your real passion. The thing that gets you out of bed in the morning. The thing that brings you joy and satisfaction of which others can only dream:
Perfecting the rare art of breeding exotic tropical birds.

You are King Alvise! This conflict is done in your name, but you want no part of it. You just want to get through it in one piece. To that end, your win condition is that you survive to the end of the game, regardless of which faction wins. (You are a SURVIVOR.)
To aid you in your survival and to speed the pace of the game, you have access to the Royal Treasury, filled with enchanted artifacts and deadly distractions. Starting NIGHT ZERO you may distribute one of your items to a player of your choice. From Night 1 and beyond you may distribute up to two items per night. You know what most of your items do, at least initially, though you aren't sure what will happen if items are used repeatedly.
Your items are:
----- a CROWN (your father's Crown of Ledola, granting its wearer great authority over the execution.)
----- a silver SCIMITAR encrusted with rubies (creates a protective spell around the user)
----- a huge EMERALD (an emerald roughly the size and shape of a skull. You are not sure what it does, though you suspect it is something very wicked)
----- a GOLDEN RING with strange writing inscribed on the outside (the wearer turns invisible)
----- a RUBY NECKLACE (the wearer can cast a protection spell on another)
----- a SILVER MEDALLION (the wearer transforms into an ethereal aspect, granting them the ability to walk through walls)
----- a BOTTLE of 617 Anaïse Rouge (one of the finest vintages from the mainland; it'll get someone nice and drunk)
----- a golden HUMMINGBIRD STATUE with chartreuse peridots for eyes (it'll create allies among those who hold it)
----- an unlimited number of BRASS RINGS with the royal signet (these have no enchantments on them, and are purely decorative)

You are not required to distribute items, though doing so will speed up the game and give you a better chance of surviving to the end of it while also giving you a convenient alibi in case you need to claim. You may distribute items to the same player multiple times, though not the same player in a single night. You may not give them to yourself.

You are an inventor and you are a survivor.

========

If you feel the need to fakeclaim, here is a fake role PM for you to use:

MisterJed - Master, Bhd. of Atmosphysicians - town-aligned inventor
ORG PROFILE: The Brotherhood of Atmosphysicians uses science and magicks to study that most mercurial art: weather prediction. The Brotherhood tries to tell the city's many sailors and navigators when it'll rain, when the winds will be fair, and when to guard against great storms. This is one of the most essential services for a city miles from the shore, and the Brotherhood is rewarded for it with treasure and wealth only comparable to the King himself.
You are a townie. You seek to restore democracy and freedom to the city of Ledola, and as such win when all Ducists are eliminated.
Additionally, you have access to the Royal Treasury in honor of your service saving countless sailors and ensuring the city's lifeline to the shore remains strong. You may distribute items using the rules I described above, and here I would list all your items were it not redundant.
You are an inventor and you are town-aligned.

Atomic Soda - Secretary, the Magicians' Assistants' Alliance - town-aligned enchanter
ORG PROFILE: The Alliance is the guild of laboratory aides that assist the city's wizards, magicians, mages, clerics, and other magickal professionals. Before the Alliance, assistants would work long hours for little pay with advancements based more around luck and connections than merit. They were also often the unknowing human subjects of dangerous magickal experiments! But the Alliance put an end to that through a week-long work strike and collective bargaining. Their seat on the Council was a bargaining chip in exchange for agreeing to waive hazard pay for assistants to alchemists and pyromancers.
You are a townie. You seek to restore democracy and freedom to the city of Ledola, and as such win when all Ducists are eliminated.
To assist you, you have access to a narrow set of magickal skills. You are aware that this is an Item Game - there will be magickal items and enchanted nonsense wandering through the game, whose powers are unknown and potentially deadly. If you ever receive an item, during the night you may study its enchantment, learning what the item does if used, and whether or not the item has an "evil aura" about it (this usually means the item can, in some circumstances, kill the user unknowingly). You may only study one item a night.
You also start the game with two items, whose initial effects are known to you. You may distribute one item a night as a "free" action (that is, it may be done in addition to studying another item). Your starting items are:
----- a pair of SPECTACLES with sapphire frames (the wearer gains magickal vision, granting them a WATCHER night power)
----- a NECKLACE of seven blue PEARLS (the wearer assigns a name to each pearl and meditates; they will be told if any of the seven players is scum, i.e. an ECCO COP night power)
You may not distribute items to yourself, though you are able to use items you receive.
You are an enchanter and you are town-aligned.

Sandwolf - Boss, Fisherman's Union - town-aligned watcher
COMPANY PROFILE: The Fisherman's Union (FSH) is ostensibly the union representing fishermen in the city, but functionally acts more like a cooperative corporation. By law in Ledola, because fish is considered an essential food, non-fishermen aren't allowed to profit directly from seafood sales for fear that they would raise prices higher than peasants could afford. But a loophole allows a union of fishermen to hire fishmongers on their behalf, to let the on-the-water types focus on their jobs. Likewise fishermen who join the union are granted transferable stock in the union, entitling stockholders a share of the union's profits, which can then be sold to non-fishermen, just like ordinary stock. It's fairly convoluted and inefficient, but there isn't any political will to change it, and so it remains this way for the foreseeable future.
To assist you, you are a professional fisherman, and that means you are very, very patient. You are very used to staring at an inky blackness for hours on end, waiting for any sign of movement or life, and that will serve you well in the trial to come. You may target a player at night and discover who, if anyone, targeted them during the same night.
You are a watcher and you are town-aligned.

Somberbrero - The Arrentish Ambassador - town-aligned cop
INDIVIDUAL PROFILE: Ledola is a client city-state to the Empire of Arrentia. Like most Arrentish client states, it is generally given free reign over its own internal affairs, but it must pay fealty and annual tithes to the Imperia as well as maintain a standing navy to guard against pirates along the Morze. However, under guidance from Queen Perula, the Ambassador to Ledola has been instructed to take a more active role in the city's government, and so the Ambassador now has a seat on the Council. The other magistrates suspect this is part of an elaborate plot against the government like what happened recently on the island of Rene, and they are correct, though in the short term the Queen just wants the Dux replaced. Why? You are smart enough to know not to ask.
You are also a cop. During the night you may access the intelligence dossier the Empire has assembled one of the magistrates, and discover if they are pro-republican TOWNies, or radical Ducist-loving murderous SCUM. Imperial Intelligence is thorough and impartial, and their conclusions are likely to be accurate and true.
However, because you are a foreign interloper, you will not be given the same consideration from your fellow Councillors. If there are other alignment-investigative roles in the game, you will return SCUM to them.
"A cop miller???" I know!! Good luck to you.
You are a cop and you are town-aligned.

SHALASHASKA HAWKE - Anchoress of the Matriarchate - town-aligned white mage
INDIVIDUAL PROFILE: The Matriarchate is the theocratic religious body on the Kermish mainland. They rule with divine fiat and an iron fist, punishing all immorality and vice in the name of the Goddesses. They insert their canon law into every aspect of life on the land, which centuries ago compelled many merchants and freedom-minded individuals to take to the sea, founding Ledola twenty miles off shore. Still, despite seeking secular government, many in the city are devoted believers of the faith, they just like to have fun every now and then. And so you, as the Anchoress for the city, have a seat on the Council, giving a voice to morals and virtue, but as one voice among many rather than the only voice allowed. St. Athanasia Cathedral rises prominently near the Capitol, and their two domes and the cathedral's spires collectively make for a beautiful sight.
You are also a trained cleric and holy scholar, with extensive knowledge of white magick spells designed to protect individuals from all harm that might befall them. During the night you may target a player in the game with one of your most powerful protection spells. That player will then be protected from death that night, the following day (e.g. the execution), AND the following night! Note however that your spell will only protect them from "one" cause of death at a time - for instance, if someone tries to kill them the night of your spell, it will fail, but if they try again the second night, your target will finally die the second night. You are free to target whomever you like as many times in a row as you like, even yourself if you feel selfish.
However, there is a drawback. Though you know your heart is pure and you want nothing but to save lives, because you represent the Matriarchate, who crowned King Mario thirteen years ago starting this conflict, many in the city suspect that you have secret pro-Ducist desires. If someone were to investigate you for your alignment, it is very likely that their result would be whatever is the bad result for them to receive. (Miller!!)
You are a white mage and you are town-aligned.

Toalpaz - The Royal Censor - town-aligned flavourcop
INDIVIDUAL PROFILE: Every five years the Dux orders a census be taken of all residents in the city, and today you, the Censor, sit on a mountain of data. Records going back centuries, tracing family histories, occupations, the rise and fall of business empires, and more, all at your fingertips. There isn't much you can provide the Council during this reorganization (other than prudence, wisdom, and historical perspective, which in any age are things long neglected). But you can at least scour your papers and documents to learn more about your fellow magistrates. Maybe there's something fishy somewhere in there! Probably not, but, maybe!
You also have access to census data going back centuries! Since the most recent census was last year, much of your data is very fresh. You may, during the night, target a player in the game; you will learn about their flavour, such as their class and their occupation. This may be useful or it may not!
You are a flavourcop and you are town-aligned

Jonathan Fisk - Charter Executive, Sugarblock & Saltworks Co. - town-aligned mason
Pinterest Mom - Charter Executive, Sugarblock & Saltworks Co. - town-aligned mason
COMPANY PROFILE: The Sugarblock & Saltworks Co. (SSC) is the premier source for sugar and salt in the city. Sugarcane is imported from the more tropical islands south of Ledola, while seawater is pumped from the ocean below. Both white crystals are essential to the health and functioning of the city, for without salt and sugar, there is no flavor, and if food has no flavor, then there will be anarchy. A few years ago, Sugarblock Manufactory Concern (SGB) merged with the Saltworks Pumping and Refining Corporation (SWK), and now the two executives for each company are the best of friends.
You have a buddy! You may communicate freely OOT with Pmom/Taste. That's right, I fudged that RNG by request, and now you're confirmed town masons. Enjoy.
You are a mason and you are town-aligned.

Token Female - Charter Executive, Kermish Wines Imp. Auth. - town-aligned vanilla
COMPANY PROFILE: The Kermish Wines Imports Authority (KWI) is the main supplier of wine and spirits to Ledola. Almost every bottle of alcohol that gets consumed in the city has the KWI seal of approval, and as such every pub and bar has a contract with KWI as their supplier. Since KWI can't grow or create their own wines, they have a complicated logistical network with wineries and distilleries on the mainland, as well as a generous customs arrangement with government officials, so that shipments go straight to the purchasers rather than sit in warehouses or crates otherwise not being drunk. Indeed, if KWI ever shut its doors, the forced sobriety might create such a panic that the city falls back into the sea.
You have no exceptional powers or abilities.
You are vanilla and you are town-aligned.

cheese sandwich - Citizen, The Mason's Guild - town-aligned vanilla
ORG PROFILE: When someone wants to build something, they need hundreds of people on it. They need architects to design it, engineers to tell the architects what's not feasible, builders to tell the engineers what's not feasible, and someone else to manage every step on the way to make sure everyone has what they need and the finished product doesn't ultimately collapse into the sea. The Mason's Guild does all of that and more. The Guild is responsible for all new construction in the city, as well as demolition of older buildings. They import bricks. Their artists carve marble into beautiful architecture. They mix concrete. They reinforce stilts and retrofit older buildings with the newest technology. And they do it all as equals, with a flat organizational structure that promotes cooperation and teamwork. You are the representative for this organization on the Council, and that is why you bear the title of Citizen.

b-minus1 - Pilot, The Navigators - town-aligned vanilla
ORG PROFILE: A city on stilts in the middle of the sea has no roads or streets; a network of ferries, gondolas, and rafts are how people and things get from one block of buildings to another. The Navigators is the union of pilots and captains that represents this critical infrastructure to the Council, ensuring clear waterways, plentiful funding for boat maintenance and repair, and good wages and benefits for all sailors. No matter who is in charge, whether it be the Dux or a Republican or any other rotten barnacle that wants to call itself king, you know you'll always have a seat at the table.

xopods - Head of House Codelli and Charter Executive, Codelli Mortg. & Loan - town-aligned vanilla
COMPANY PROFILE: Codelli Mortgage & Loan (CMG) is the premier lending service in Ledola. Its founder, Xanathos Codelli, was once a nobleman on the mainland with titles and power, but his family became permanently disgraced after a series of scandals involving him and his neighbors' horses. He sold everything he had and began a new life in a new city, twenty miles from shore, where his past couldn't haunt him, and where horses were scarce. He founded a small bank, which quickly grew into a large and powerful bank due to his acumen and keen political eye. CMG has agreements with hundreds of homeowners and businesses, even the Dux himself, who offered a seat on the Council in lieu of interest payments. Since it's looking like this time next week the Dux will be Dead, Xanathos thinks he made the better deal.

Spoonsy - Chairman, Supplier & Trade Bureau - town-aligned vanilla
ORG PROFILE: The Supplier & Trade Bureau is a lobbying organization that advocates for the small business community on the island. Essentially, while the Council has seats for all the major industries and companies in Ledola, you're the voice of Everyone Else. You speak especially for the peasant class, the ones doing most of the toiling all day and night, advocating for their rights and benefits so they don't become serfs like on the mainland. As such, you are often one of the most overlooked and least influential magistrates on the Council.

merk - President, Lamplighters &Assocs. - town-aligned vanilla
COMPANY PROFILE: Lamplighters & Associates (LMP) specializes in lighting and maintaining all the torches, lamps, beacons, and lanterns in Ledola. A city on the water twenty miles from shore has unique problems with visibility at night; too much of it and the whole thing burns down, but not enough of it and passing ships crash into buildings, toppling whole blocks. Your company offers excellent service at reasonable rates, and as such you've crowded out all competition. "Lucem obscuritati damus": we give light to the darkness.

yuming - President, Warehouse & Storage Facilities Mgmt.&Maint. Corp. - town-aligned vanilla
COMPANY PROFILE: A city in the middle of the sea often needs things immediately but which it cannot be shipped on short notice. That's where your company comes in. The Warehouse & Storage Facilities Management & Maintenance Corporation (WSF) owns an extensive network of, you guessed it, warehouses and storage facilities, and has contracts with all the major suppliers and importers in the city to house their goods until they're ready to be sold. It is a very simple job that mostly involves making sure every crate and barrel is properly labeled, but it is also a very lucrative one, and you've managed to finagle your influence to a seat on the Council. Nice!

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Incredible ending with the survivor dayvigging the copped godfather. That's peak Mafia!

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

currently accepting congratulations on my fantastic town game

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
What a cool and complicated setup! I enjoyed this game a lot. Yay town! :sparkles:

MisterJed
May 9, 2004

That was great, thanks Ecco, and thanks town for not murdering me the other day

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
I can’t believe you guys lunched me :(

Gg everyone. Thanks Echo for another entertaining game

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009