Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

lonelylikezoidberg posted:

I know I’m super behind but gently caress yeah Neil Breen.

It wasn’t as good as fateful findings, though

i can't believe you killed yourself

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Lambert posted:

The latest episode was the best (read: only good one) in a very long time. Hope they continue down this track. The Bernie evangelizing era was just garbage.

Lmao did you just listen to every episode for like 8 months and go “ugh... again?”

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
We're in the "I actually never liked it" stage of the Goon Media Cycle

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Heath posted:

We're in the "I actually never liked it" stage of the Goon Media Cycle

It's actually just one loving guy who reposts that same thing every couple of episodes

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

I'm reading through Finkelstein's "Gaza: An Inquest Into Its Martyrdom" and just can't believe all the bonehead moves these Palestinians keep making.

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
See, what I don't understand is Israel is a very nice country. Lots of nice places to live. I don't know why these Palestinians choose to live in such slums instead of pulling themselves up by the bootstraps and moving out of the ghetto.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Very cool of israel to keep proving over and over that all the other hardline anti-zionist groups were right all along and that piece of shut regime has to be brought down.

Al-Saqr fucked around with this message at 08:38 on May 21, 2020

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

No child soldier in poverty by 1990
I enjoyed Blowback but it needed about another 5 episodes.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

SHALASHASKA HAWKE posted:

I enjoyed Blowback but it needed about another 5 episodes.

Yeah, I really liked it but I was kind of surprised it ended. It feels like a topic that could sustain two or three time as many episodes.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Cybertron must act decisively to prevent and oppose acts of genocide and violations of international robot rights law and to bring perpetrators before the Decepticon Justice Division
Pillbug

lmao that Biden photo they use has some serious Jeb! energy

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

it looks like an ad for a retirement home

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Al-Saqr posted:

Very cool of israel to keep proving over and over that all the other hardline anti-zionist groups were right all along and that piece of shut regime has to be brought down.

It's so loving frustrating that Israelis don't get penalized for constantly voting against peace despite not being brutalized in an open air prison.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
The Israel/Palestine thing was my first moment I can remember of someone explaining the situation to me and me going “well that seems pretty cut and dry, an authoritarian regime is oppressing a minority group using religious doctrine as justification, that seems highly problematic and unreasonable” and the other person going “no no no it’s much more complicated than that!” but then every single piece of additional evidence they submit just seems to strengthen my case instead of theirs. It made my realize that people’s brains are very different.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Bust Rodd posted:

The Israel/Palestine thing was my first moment I can remember of someone explaining the situation to me and me going “well that seems pretty cut and dry, an authoritarian regime is oppressing a minority group using religious doctrine as justification, that seems highly problematic and unreasonable” and the other person going “no no no it’s much more complicated than that!” but then every single piece of additional evidence they submit just seems to strengthen my case instead of theirs. It made my realize that people’s brains are very different.
The only thing I ever hear is that we ‘have to unquestionably support them because they are the only democracy in the ME’, as if not allowing half of the people in your borders to vote is democratic. They are also looking less and less like a democracy in the last decade.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

That always made me laugh because Palestine is a democracy.

"Israel is the only democracy in the Middle East!" "They voted Hamas into power!"

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

BDS opposition is such that has led to several times Israeli politicians going on how BDS is worse than other Palestinian resistance measures done beforehand, which is definitely a "Please don't remember anything before 2010" moment.

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

FlamingLiberal posted:

The only thing I ever hear is that we ‘have to unquestionably support them because they are the only democracy in the ME’, as if not allowing half of the people in your borders to vote is democratic. They are also looking less and less like a democracy in the last decade.

America is also a "democracy" that won't let a large segment of its population vote so I mean

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Groovelord Neato posted:

It's so loving frustrating that Israelis don't get penalized for constantly voting against peace despite not being brutalized in an open air prison.

It just goes to show you that racist colonialist apartheid states are in their very nature incapable of conceding any humanity to the oppressed peoples unless forced to and their beneficiaries are made to feel the consequences of their insanity. I cant tell you the number of times alot of Israelis who like to pretend they're liberals immediately become frothing at the mouth crazed racists the second you tell them that Palestinians have every right to do what it takes to defend themselves until their oppression stops. and god help you if you suggest to them that they should live in a shared democracy. at the end of the day Israeli's want it all and they want the Palestinians to simply 'go away', and there's no reason to suggest that attitude will change unless someone knocks some sense into them.

Al-Saqr fucked around with this message at 15:02 on May 21, 2020

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Shipon posted:

America is also a "democracy" that won't let a large segment of its population vote so I mean
Well yes and to this day we support autocratic regimes everywhere

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

FlamingLiberal posted:

Well yes and to this day we support autocratic regimes everywhere

America has been the number one sponsor of fascism in the world if it weren’t for them more countries would’ve been democracies at this point.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

FlamingLiberal posted:

I thought the Chapo book nailed it when they described them as "The only democracy in the Middle East and working hard to keep it that way."

But yeah, Israel is a proxy for the US so of course they're a fake democracy just like us.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Bust Rodd posted:

I remember some zionist liberal I know citing an article by some "respected voice" schmuck about how Palestinians don't want peace blah blah blah

when I googled his name, the top result was him calling for a "cleansing of israel"

my lib "friend" certainly didn't like me pointing out he was referencing a pro-ethnic cleansing opinion writer :shittydog:

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

Bust Rodd posted:

wild to me how peter beinart is now viewed as a radical on I/P by center/center-left types as he's grown disillusioned and disgusted by israel

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Give the Palestinians a nuke, then make them rename their country galensteine and it's only for the ladies. Geopolitics solved.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Congrats to all of the Clara Jeffreys of the world

https://twitter.com/OVargas52/status/1263519580682625024

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

FlamingLiberal posted:

Congrats to all of the Clara Jeffreys of the world

https://twitter.com/OVargas52/status/1263519580682625024

another successful american project

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

That video of the guys at the State Fair was supposed to be proof of concept for a larger documentary about them covering the 2020 election, right? Have we gotten any updates on that?

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

It's just a weeks long stream of Virgil weeping. He doesn't sleep or stop to drink water which is kinda weird. Check the chapo onlyfans for the link

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Gripweed posted:

That video of the guys at the State Fair was supposed to be proof of concept for a larger documentary about them covering the 2020 election, right? Have we gotten any updates on that?

God I hope not. The book was a funny troll by giving them a #1 NYT list to brag about but it wasn't good, they should just.continue to be good podcasters rather than McElroying it up and creating a mediocre multimedia empire.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Sleeveless posted:

God I hope not. The book was a funny troll by giving them a #1 NYT list to brag about but it wasn't good, they should just.continue to be good podcasters rather than McElroying it up and creating a mediocre multimedia empire.

ngl I would buy every issue of a Chapo comic book series

edit: nevermind I immediately realized it would probably be some terrible Daniel Clowes poo poo instead of something cool like Jim Lee Xmen.

Gripweed fucked around with this message at 00:00 on May 22, 2020

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Sleeveless posted:

I think that the video stuff is mainly because Chris wants to be able to have a life beyond raising and lowering Will's volume as he wobbles.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Gripweed posted:

ngl I would buy every issue of a Chapo comic book series

edit: nevermind I immediately realized it would probably be some terrible Daniel Clowes poo poo instead of something cool like Jim Lee Xmen.

It would be exactly like the McElroys: a comic book adaptation of their D&D campaign

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

PostNouveau posted:

It would be exactly like the McElroys: a comic book adaptation of their D&D campaign

OK I'm back to buying every issue.

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
Only if it's the bimbofied artist...unless that was Haleyglyphs. Do not support bad podcasters.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

papa horny michael posted:

Only if it's the bimbofied artist...unless that was Haleyglyphs. Do not support bad podcasters.

There are better bimboification artists

The North Tower
Aug 20, 2007

You should throw it in the ocean.

T-man posted:

It's just a weeks long stream of Virgil weeping. He doesn't sleep or stop to drink water which is kinda weird. Check the chapo onlyfans for the link

Tom Green Show cancer special, but a 10 hour video of the cat surgery.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Virgil being a man of mystery, and then simply disappearing is really weird in the media age of a constant stream of info about your online faves.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Gripweed posted:

lol

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

From some blog about the breakup of that podcast that sounds like the Barstool version of Red Scare:

quote:

They are consistently at Alex Jones/Matt Christman levels of rabid.
I lol'ed at that particular assumed-this-doesn't-need-explanation yin/yang.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
The Call Her Daddy thing feels very Berenstein Bears to me. I feel like I've listened to lots of different podcasts for like 2-4 hours a day for the last 2 years and I had never heard of this podcast or it's massive reach or fanbase until like 4 days ago. Is it just that the NYT is composed entirely of twee people ensconced ina little bubble of NY media that doesn't saturate outside the city?