Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

That feels like my kinda business Maigius!!

Nah I’ve got a foot injury and been laid up and been pretty miserable about being immobile so I’ve just been low on effort for internet games.
I’m on the mend though and I am reading along.
I don’t have any strong scum reads yet. I’m p sure xopods is town (completely apart from any of the discord stuff) and I feel like Somber is posting sincerely.

I cannot read flerp but that one post felt genuine in its frustration.

Something about Chic is pinging me but I can’t quite put my finger in it. Like they’re posting and present but purposefully trying to avoid any scumhunting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Isn't this chic's first game in a while though?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Yeah but it’s nowhere near their first game in general

NAGA LIU KANG
Jul 17, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo

Somberbrero posted:

Isn't this chic's first game in a while though?

:goofy:

NAGA LIU KANG
Jul 17, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo

flerp posted:

this vote looks a lil out of left field and id like AA to expand on it

Sure thing!

Actually... I went back and re-read the brief game.

##vote hum

This still feels good to me.

Voting for the joke is fine, voting because voting new players isn't cool is trash and bad.

Mr. Humalong posted:

Yes, any vote day 1 on a newbie is too lovely

Especially one that tries to play it as paranoia

Mr. Humalong posted:

I saw your role PM and saw you were some Duchess or Lady or something. Beyond that all I saw was that you were vanilla scum. I immediately notified the amazing and skilled mod about this error caused by, undoubtedly, Discord and not at all an error on the mod’s part.

Then a few of us joked about how we were all part of the xopods masonry because we could all see your confessional. We also joked about turboing you day 1 for any flimsy reason because Toal would do something insidious like not actually reroll everyone’s flavor. Everyone’s confessionals were visible yours was just the first one Toal posted in.

That’s the joke explained to death and now I have to ##unvote because I didn’t want to give away the joke but welp it’s done now

Any flimsy reason to turbo. How is that town oriented play in a 9 player game.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

NAGA LIU KANG posted:

Any flimsy reason to turbo. How is that town oriented play in a 9 player game.

I’m not following

NAGA LIU KANG
Jul 17, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo

Sandwolf posted:

I’m not following

Hum votes xopod allegedly for voting a new player early on prior to boogie revealing the mod error and in-joke, but then hum does this big, explanatory write up post, as if he needed a reason to unvote xopod sincerely. It just seems unnecessary and that paired with some of his remarks over all has left me pretty suspicious of him.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

flerp (2): Somberbrero, xopods
Sandwolf (1): Chic Trombone
Mr. Humalong (1): NAGA LIU KANG, xopods, NAGA LIU KANG, xopods, NAGA LIU KANG
NAGA LIU KANG (1): flerp
dmboogie (0): NAGA LIU KANG, NAGA LIU KANG
Maigius (0): xopods, xopods
xopods (0): Somberbrero, Mr. Humalong, dmboogie, Mr. Humalong, Somberbrero, dmboogie

Not Voting (4): dmboogie, Maigius, Mr. Humalong, Sandwolf

With 9 alive, it's 5 votes to execute. The current deadline is May 21st, 2020 at 10 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 5 hours, 26 minutes.

:toxx::toxx::toxx:

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

NAGA LIU KANG posted:

Hum votes xopod allegedly for voting a new player early on prior to boogie revealing the mod error and in-joke, but then hum does this big, explanatory write up post, as if he needed a reason to unvote xopod sincerely. It just seems unnecessary and that paired with some of his remarks over all has left me pretty suspicious of him.

alright this post is better than the previous post of "hum followed thru on their joke and is scummy"

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

flerp posted:

alright this post is better than the previous post of "hum followed thru on their joke and is scummy"

Almost as if his first attempt failed so now he’s trying a different approach

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Also I am neck deep in reports so I won’t be around much for several hours

Thieves lol

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

Mr. Humalong posted:

i mean, yeah, but it's at least better so ill give him that

NAGA LIU KANG
Jul 17, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mr. Humalong posted:

Nah, people asked for clarification of my hip fired remarks. I just clarified, scummer.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

dmboogie posted:

looking back i'd like to know what you meant by this

is scum rushing and then claiming rolling start not A Thing anymore?

it's been literally like, over a year i think since ive played mafia i fully admit i may be out of touch with the trends

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Sandwolf posted:

That feels like my kinda business Maigius!!

Nah I’ve got a foot injury and been laid up and been pretty miserable about being immobile so I’ve just been low on effort for internet games.
I’m on the mend though and I am reading along.
I don’t have any strong scum reads yet. I’m p sure xopods is town (completely apart from any of the discord stuff) and I feel like Somber is posting sincerely.

I cannot read flerp but that one post felt genuine in its frustration.

Something about Chic is pinging me but I can’t quite put my finger in it. Like they’re posting and present but purposefully trying to avoid any scumhunting.

sprobably that i have no real reads and don't have the energy to be performative atm

i'm operating on the last dying ember of energy right now in day to day life but its chill

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

also sorry to hear about your injury man that sucks :(

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

wait gently caress deadline is in like 2.5 hours??

i guess i gotta actually think abt this game with my effort brain now

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

oh also she/her since i realize some folks in this thread dont know me

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Mr. Humalong posted:

Early gut reads:

Xopods and NLK for scum

Lean town on Somber

Null on everyone else

hmm actually i hate this post now that im lookin back

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

as to why i hate it, NLK had had 2 posts before that

the first being your standard "hi i am miller, pleasure" probable joke

the 2nd being a poke at humalong, positing theyre scum

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

hmmm yep ##vote huma

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

we're uncomfortably close to deadline for me to be the only one here

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

hi hello

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

hello dmboogie.

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

humalong and NLK/AA's interactions are weird, im pretty sure one of them is scum

but which one..........

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I don't understand why Hum looked worse for the xopods vote, is I guess my thing with nlk.

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Chic Trombone posted:

as to why i hate it, NLK had had 2 posts before that

the first being your standard "hi i am miller, pleasure" probable joke

the 2nd being a poke at humalong, positing theyre scum

it was pretty explicitly his list of early gut reads tho, i agree it'd be suspicious if he tried to make a more serious case outta that but he didn't even vote NLK

Somberbrero posted:

I don't understand why Hum looked worse for the xopods vote, is I guess my thing with nlk.

yeah i agree

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

dmboogie posted:

it was pretty explicitly his list of early gut reads tho, i agree it'd be suspicious if he tried to make a more serious case outta that but he didn't even vote NLK

entirely fair, but "early gut reads" can be a setup for later

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Somberbrero posted:

i don't really think hum does look worse for the xopods joke, it's just that reaction ""gut read"" post that skeevs me

nothing much else has really stood out to me

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

NAGA LIU KANG posted:

Mr. Humalong posted:

I saw your role PM and saw you were some Duchess or Lady or something. Beyond that all I saw was that you were vanilla scum. I immediately notified the amazing and skilled mod about this error caused by, undoubtedly, Discord and not at all an error on the mod’s part.

Then a few of us joked about how we were all part of the xopods masonry because we could all see your confessional. We also joked about turboing you day 1 for any flimsy reason because Toal would do something insidious like not actually reroll everyone’s flavor. Everyone’s confessionals were visible yours was just the first one Toal posted in.

That’s the joke explained to death and now I have to ##unvote because I didn’t want to give away the joke but welp it’s done now

xopods posted:

Did anyone other than Dmboogie actually see my original role PM? I didn't.

He says I was vanilla scum and there was no masonry, despite the channel apparently having been called "masonry-xopods."

And I would hope that if there was a masonry containing a scum which was revealed, Toal would either redesign the whole setup or at least that part of it. Because if they just reassigned roles without changing the setup, we would know that one of the masons is Scum. (Though of course we're getting into mod WIFOM territory here... would Toal leave Masons in the game but make them both Town instead? Or RNG their alignments?)

Anyway, unless 2+ people both say they saw the role PM and claim the same thing about what it said, I think we should assume that we don't actually know anything about the setup. Because the correct thing for Toal to do would be redesign the setup on the fly because it's not hard to do so for a 9-player minimalist setup with few mechanics and not much flavor. For instance, my actual role PM does have a decent paragraph of flavor but it has very little to do with my role or lack thereof beyond establishing my affiliation with the good guys.

All this quoted text because I glazed over some stuff earlier. Hum having a lengthy explanation as part of his unvote in response to xopods seems entirely valid. I disagree with NLK.

I agree there is something 'weird' about the interactions between nlk and hum, but I don't know how to vocalize what that is. I feel fairly hesitant to vote either, but between the two I would vote Nlk.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
After a few minutes of reflection and quiet contemplation, I have decided the flerp and Nlk votes are the most interesting to me. I will vote either. Sorry if I'm off flerp but your immediate response read a little disproportionate.

I do feel like there is something in xopods tone that is bothering me but I can't figure it out yet. Regardless, he's driving content and that's valuable.

Leaning town on chic. Don't want to cut the newbie or Sandy because that feels mean.

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

##vote NLK

rip if this is the second game in a row that you're scum who is voted out on day 1

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

i'd be willing to switch to nlk to avoid the no-lunch, though i do think hum is the scummier of the pair

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Votecount for Day 1

Mr. Humalong (2): NAGA LIU KANG, xopods, NAGA LIU KANG, xopods, NAGA LIU KANG, Chic Trombone
NAGA LIU KANG (2): flerp, dmboogie
Sandwolf (0): Chic Trombone, Chic Trombone
xopods (0): Somberbrero, Mr. Humalong, dmboogie, Mr. Humalong, Somberbrero, dmboogie

Not Voting (3): Maigius, Mr. Humalong, Sandwolf

With 9 alive, it's 5 votes to execute. The current deadline is May 21st, 2020 at 10 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 hour, 22 minutes.

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

hopefully more people are around because with just the three of us that seem to be on rn we can't make any lunch happen

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
i am here, i am just thinking. xopods does still feel odd to me and im feeling some sus vibes mostly from boogie, altho im v unsure

i dont rly like an AA vote but if i must do the needful, i can vote him

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

gonna go ahead and do the switcheroo

##vote NLK

hopefully more folks are around soon

i'll try to remain around but may well fall asleep

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Votecount for Day 1

NAGA LIU KANG (3): flerp, dmboogie, Chic Trombone
Mr. Humalong (1): NAGA LIU KANG, xopods, NAGA LIU KANG, xopods, NAGA LIU KANG, Chic Trombone, Chic Trombone
Sandwolf (0): Chic Trombone, Chic Trombone

Not Voting (3): Maigius, Mr. Humalong, Sandwolf

With 9 alive, it's 5 votes to execute. The current deadline is May 21st, 2020 at 10 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 hour, 3 minutes.

i don't mean to alarm ya'll but 1 hour

xopods
Oct 26, 2010

poo poo didn't realize we were so close to deadline. Playing D&D right now but will be around to move my vote as needed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
What if flerp though