Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.
I would legit watch a whole season called Survivor: Island of the Applebees

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Lol yeah, that’ll be the next season’s theme because of Covid. 39 days in an Applebee’s.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Raxivace posted:

Lol yeah, that’ll be the next season’s theme because of Covid. 39 days in an Applebee’s.

drat they would poo poo themselves to death after day 3.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
There’s got to be an abandoned mall they can take over somewhere.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

As someone who used to work in a mall and wander around it at 6 in the morning when it was all empty and eery I would absolutely love "Survivor: Abandoned Mall".

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Film at the Sherman Oaks Galleria and have Ghost Island relics from the movies shot there.

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

Thanks for a MONSTER of an avatar, Awful Survivor Mods!

Max posted:

Rob told her he wasn't going to be on it. I can imagine if she shared any thoughts on her strategy while hanging with him she would feel betrayed by that.

This is still so weird, and now that we know it didn’t pay off for rob at all it’s even weirder. Like, is the stress of keeping a secret together in person for 40 days for minimal strategy gain remotely worth it? It really feels like he out-Robbed himself

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I think that's just Rob. He probably just thought it might help him in some way and then was self satisfied that he was putting one over on her. Its kind of Rob's thing.

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

I CAN'T SAY PRESIDENT DONALD JOHN TRUMP'S NAME BECAUSE HE'S LIKE THAT GUY FROM HARRY POTTER AND I'M AFRAID I'LL SUMMON HIM. DONALD JOHN TRUMP. YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT.
OUR 47TH PRESIDENT AFTER THE ONE WHO SHOWERS WITH HIS DAUGHTER DIES
Grimey Drawer
FWIW a new season of Naked and Afraid XL just started. Set in South Africa, the second episode is Sunday on Discovery (the first episode was mostly expository, the second one is were stuff starts).

This time there is an explicit banishment option.

Sorry if I missed a mention itt, or if there's already a thread. 🙂

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Pinterest Mom posted:

I like to think that if IOI had aired before WaW, (spoiler for last merge boot of IOI) Sandra would have seen that giving someone your expiring idol doesn't buy you a single ounce of loyalty, and not done the dumb Denise thing.
But Sandra was on ioi... don't you think she knew, got notes, something?

Stokes
Jun 13, 2003

Maybe Kris can come in, and we can throw M-80s at his asshole.

STAC Goat posted:

As someone who used to work in a mall and wander around it at 6 in the morning when it was all empty and eery I would absolutely love "Survivor: Abandoned Mall".

That's already been done before except the people voted off the island get eaten by zombies.

I still think they should do my shower thought idea where they do Island of the Idols 2 except the people on the island are the HIIs.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I can confirm that when walking through an abandoned mall at 6 AM with just the sounds of random other workers or elderly mall walkers somewhere unknown in the 4 level maze your mind both goes to "the zombies are about to pop out" and "It would be fun to loot some stores."

This is why I'd go for the season.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
So I got distracted with other stuff and fell waaaaaaay behind on finishing S40. Just marathoned the last three episodes and wow.

I spent the entire season disbelieving but desperately wishing that Tony could actually do it again. I’m comfortable calling him without a doubt the greatest Survivor player of all time. That was... astonishing.

I was terrified the Edge twist was going to screw things up, I hated bringing someone back that late. But the right person won and it was probably the best All-Stars season of all time.

...and now I have 1330 posts to catch up on.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Island of the Idols: Reading the summary doesn't do this gross shitshow justice. You really have to see it to believe it. They put the show above all else and everyone except for a few decent people came off looking really bad. Props to Jamal for his truth bombs. I didn't realize Dan's ejection wasn't going to happen during the double episode so watching these people continue to work with him and not vote him out for several episodes just kept making it worse. I don't think he could have won but dragging him to the end would have guaranteed a win for someone, and you can't convince me that the thought never crossed the minds of some of these players.

As far as Tommy goes, he's a totally forgettable player. I didn't even notice him until towards the end and anytime someone would say "Tommy" I was like, who the gently caress is Tommy?

edit: I really hate when there are three finalists and one of them gets no votes. You can really see the sadness in their eyes.

clown shoes fucked around with this message at 18:22 on May 23, 2020

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

Why do I always want to sock it to you so hard?

STAC Goat posted:

Seconding this. Years ago when I worked at one, something happened with a nearby factory right around closing and the surrounding area got shut down because of a potential chemical leak. The cops slowly let other employees out, but my manager and I got held back for way longer because she was mega pregnant. It just just us, cops, lots of police lights outside, various sirens... weird night.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
Caught up on the thread and disappointed with essential links being missed.

Regarding Survivor: Amazon, the two part MTV Rumble in the Jungle preview show starring the legendary Robb Z (the guy who brought his skateboard to a beach, and chokeslammed a racist in a challenge) and Shii Ann.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJQ36WsW6O0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Io91MKjtoZM

(Bring back the ATTACK ZONE challenge IMO)

Regarding the living legend that is Coach, it’s required by law to post the trailer to his feature film “180”.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmtP2Zt0PAA

Also starring Danielle!

Now I just need someone to mention Survivor Fiji and Survivor Nicaragua...

Max
Nov 30, 2002

BGrifter posted:

Caught up on the thread and disappointed with essential links being missed.

Regarding Survivor: Amazon, the two part MTV Rumble in the Jungle preview show starring the legendary Robb Z (the guy who brought his skateboard to a beach, and chokeslammed a racist in a challenge) and Shii Ann.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJQ36WsW6O0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Io91MKjtoZM

(Bring back the ATTACK ZONE challenge IMO)

Regarding the living legend that is Coach, it’s required by law to post the trailer to his feature film “180”.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmtP2Zt0PAA

Also starring Danielle!

Now I just need someone to mention Survivor Fiji and Survivor Nicaragua...

Huh they came back for that?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

2017 Australian Survivor was a great season. What a great cast. Without question a top 5 survivor season (even if the non elimination episodes are a bit tedious, they are good for fleshing out the relationships and story telling.) The US edition needs to import Luke asap.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
2017 was very good but I still have some slight issues with the twists. They actively screwed AK over.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

JOHN CENA posted:

2017 Australian Survivor was a great season. What a great cast. Without question a top 5 survivor season (even if the non elimination episodes are a bit tedious, they are good for fleshing out the relationships and story telling.) The US edition needs to import Luke asap.

Yea Luke is one of the great Survivor characters. The 1st Champions Vs Contenders season when they bring him back, he is also amazing in. (if you haven't watched that one... this is a spoiler for the results)... It was nice to see them give Luke the Rupert treatment and create a fan favorite type award to give him the 1st place prize money after the season was over

AdmiralViscen
Nov 2, 2011

Has there been any word about the old Survivor seasons being removed from Hulu and locked to CBS All Access?

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

AdmiralViscen posted:

Has there been any word about the old Survivor seasons being removed from Hulu and locked to CBS All Access?

I haven't seen anything on this and everything is still currently available? Although it wouldn't surprise me and I think CBS likes to do that poo poo with as little of an announcement as possible. At least that's how they did it with Netflix and Blue Bloods...

Wonder how long it will take for Comcast to start offering packages of streaming services for $100 / month.

AdmiralViscen
Nov 2, 2011

I saw some official ad somewhere (I forget where) that said “Survivor: Exclusively on CBS All Access!” And hurriedly checked Hulu only to find it was still there. I can’t remember where I saw it now.

My wife and I have been trying to to watch all the seasons. We are like 2/3rds through so if there’s an end date for the whole thing we wanna know.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

China: What a great season with a highly likable cast, save for a few toxic bros who were spared in exchange for more likable players like Ashley and Sherea. Jean Robert was gross and gropey and should have been booted much sooner. Great final three in Todd, Amanda, and Courtney. I can see why people didn't like Courtney or consider her annoying but she made for great TV and almost won. I'd like to see her return one day.

Next up: Panama, Amazon, or Palau...

Max
Nov 30, 2002

clown shoes posted:

China: What a great season with a highly likable cast, save for a few toxic bros who were spared in exchange for more likable players like Ashley and Sherea. Jean Robert was gross and gropey and should have been booted much sooner. Great final three in Todd, Amanda, and Courtney. I can see why people didn't like Courtney or consider her annoying but she made for great TV and almost won. I'd like to see her return one day.

Next up: Panama, Amazon, or Palau...

Have you seen Heroes vs. Villains? She's just as good in that.

Personally, I'd do Amazon to see Rob C. and Matt in action together.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

I have seen HvV but I honestly don’t remember her. I saw that season before I knew who most of the players were. I’ve been thinking about revisiting that season and Micronesia with fresher eyes.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

clown shoes posted:

Jean Robert was gross and gropey and should have been booted much sooner.

Genrebear. :colbert:

For fans of Fabio from Survivor Nicaragua, enjoy this strange knife-licking underwear horror movie trailer for 1313: Nightmare Mansion!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGW_RaHM9I0

...and since it seems thematically appropriate, for fans of Survivor Fiji have a little Lisi Linares performing her unforgettable single “Tightie Whities”.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-S7h9YeKIc

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Now watching Palau and I think this opening twist of immediately removing two players from the game is unfair and downright cruel. Imagine trying for years to get on Survivor only to get to spend a few hours on the beach and being removed from the game by a schoolyard pick.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

clown shoes posted:

Now watching Palau and I think this opening twist of immediately removing two players from the game is unfair and downright cruel. Imagine trying for years to get on Survivor only to get to spend a few hours on the beach and being removed from the game by a schoolyard pick.

Well...at least the still (probably?) got the appearance fee?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

It was pretty much the worst opening twist they've conceived of, yeah. I hated it when it came back in Blood vs. Water.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Yeah the Palau twist was bad, though everyone knows Wanda would have played the first perfect Survivor game and she not been voted out right then and there. Probably would have come back for Heroes vs. Villains and won that too, and then beaten Tony in Winners at War for her third win.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
TAR did something similar once where they had an opening task and the last team to finish it got eliminated immediately.

Which is also lame, but I think Survivor is a bit worse because you've flown to another country and are sequestered longer. You're out for about a month and a half while I think TAR takes maybe three weeks at most.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
If they ever do that all first boots season I hope they never do, the concession I demand is that it be named Survivor: Wandas at War.

Oh and there needs to be a cheesy song just like Winners at War got.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.

BGrifter posted:

Oh and there needs to be a cheesy song just like Winners at War got.

Lemme know when this happens so I can skip it tia

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Yeah I mean, Big Brother has been doing day 1 boots for a while now as well, but it's usually tied up in a challenge so you can feel like there is a little bit of agency there. Schoolyard pick right off the bat sucks.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

pokeyman posted:

Lemme know when this happens so I can skip it tia

Wandas at warrrrrrrr Wandas at warrrrrrrr they’re at war and they’re first boots so Wandas at warrrrrrr.

Hell, Wanda herself can sing it!

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, BB's had a few "Day 1" boots but I think they've all at least lost a comp. Its still not terribly fair and the handful of people who got done that way actually get remembered in BB fandom and lore. But that thing Survivor's done where they just eliminate someone arbitrarily like Wanda is just plain mean.

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

Wasn't Wanda technically the second boot?

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VY3SWE2EUvE

Rest In Power, Adventure Jeff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mancalamania
Oct 23, 2008
The saddest thing about Wanda is they removed all her songs from most (all?) legal copies of the episode. I know the songs were cut from the CBS All Access version (maybe they put them back at some point?) and I think the episode is completely missing from Hulu.