Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

compounded daily
Mar 29, 2007

:buddy:
Fun Shoe

Infinitum posted:

I will buy Metroid Prime Trilogy again, cause holy fuckkkkkkkk being able to play it portably in bed would be such a goddamn mood.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VQWGGKABqc

God drat, that game had a good soundtrack. And atmosphere. And world design. poo poo, the graphics still hold up pretty well imo. What a masterpiece. Best reason to own a Gamecube, aside from Animal Crossing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

People posting Metroid Prime music but not phendrana drifts? Come on now people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vocs2wwVKEk

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

Happy Hedonist posted:

Metroid Prime was an unplayable frustrating mess if you were playing PC shooters at the time. I could never get past the control scheme and narrow fov.

Of course I still can’t play FPS games with a controller, so maybe it’s just me.

It's mostly just you but judging by the amount of people who whine about AB placement on the Switch vs other consoles you're not alone in being bad at controls

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
Also I assume the PC purist brigade are just a vocal minority because I was happily playing PC shooters and console games concurrently and don't think I deserve any special recognition for being able to do that

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Emulated Prime with kbm controls is a lot of fun :ssh:

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

Butterfly Valley posted:

Also I assume the PC purist brigade are just a vocal minority because I was happily playing PC shooters and console games concurrently and don't think I deserve any special recognition for being able to do that

I bow to your superiority sir.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I could maybe get it if Metroid Prime was an FPS but it's not, the control scheme was part of feeling like a woman in a chunky clanky power suit and the emphasis was on exploration not combat

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Butterfly Valley posted:

Same here. Both are good.

Not that Prime didn't have an unusual control scheme but it definitely worked well for what it was.

Also, release the drat trilogy Nintendo!

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

I don’t think I can wait another second for the release date of Rune Factory 5 to be announced. I feel like I’m havin’ Rune Factory withdrawals.

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

Butterfly Valley posted:

I could maybe get it if Metroid Prime was an FPS but it's not, the control scheme was part of feeling like a woman in a chunky clanky power suit and the emphasis was on exploration not combat

That after playing nothing but PC games for 10 years was unintuitive and frustrating. I grew up playing the original Metroid, it was my favorite game for many years. I was super bummed when I finally played prime. I’m sorry that’s hard to hear?

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Butterfly Valley posted:

:same:
I have a hard time playing shooty games with a controller but I love the Prime games and I've never really thought of them as shooters until this discussion.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Happy Hedonist posted:

That after playing nothing but PC games for 10 years was unintuitive and frustrating. I grew up playing the original Metroid, it was my favorite game for many years. I was super bummed when I finally played prime. I’m sorry that’s hard to hear?

Its fine, I don't like the 3D Metroids either. No skin off my back, I have Axiom Verge and a dozen different alternatives an Switch :shrug:

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Metroid Prime controls more like a first person Zelda game than a FPS.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

I hope the Metroid games have gyro aiming. I don't even give a poo poo if it's in HD (of course it will be), I just need gyro aiming.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Lord Lambeth posted:

It's really not any worse than what you would get in any bayonetta game.

Yes but it's out of place in my super Sentai/Thunderbirds crossover

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

I listened to this cover a lot in college

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Y8UkplvP7Y

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

Hey I forgot to say that I do hope the 3D Metroid games really are coming to switch and you’re god drat right I’ll TRY to play them again.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I hope the Metroid games have gyro aiming. I don't even give a poo poo if it's in HD (of course it will be), I just need gyro aiming.

Why wouldn't it

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe
hi I don't post in here often because it's hard for me to keep up with active threads but i just wanted to say that my google search history now has 'switch game cumbros' on it because i didn't get the joke

anyway thanks for reading, bye

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Another terrible day of eshop deals. NBA 2k20? gross. Come on eshop I know you can do better than that.

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot
Prime 3 is kind of a shooter, and I adore it even though the storytelling makes it worse. I think the actual environments are the best of the series and all the mechanics are actually really fun. I'm not sure I'd actually want to play it on Switch though, the original is so well designed around the wiimote and nunchuck that I'm not sure the remake can feel right. Maybe it will be a game that plays really well with independent joycons, IDK.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Rutibex posted:

Another terrible day of eshop deals. NBA 2k20? gross. Come on eshop I know you can do better than that.
I bought it even though I'm probably never gonna really play it bc £2.50 for a Big Name Sport Game is like, cmon, sure, why not

Is it realistically possible to get into 2k on a super casual basis if I know nothing about basketball? Is there a stupid baby mode like how Forza has arcade-ish handling and assisted steering and all that stuff for people who don't want to play it like a driving sim?

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Waffle! posted:

I listened to this cover a lot in college

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Y8UkplvP7Y

You're me, hi. I even got his non Metroid stuff.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Will the new trilogy release let you play Metroid Prime 2’s awful tacked on multiplayer mode online?

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

not buying a metroid prime collection unless it comes with the DS game and you still have to use a thumb thing to control it

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

grieving for Gandalf posted:

not buying a metroid prime collection unless it comes with the DS game and you still have to use a thumb thing to control it

Well yeah, the Trilogy everyone wants is Pinball, Hunters, and Federation Force.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Len posted:

The Rumor mill leaks are coming in about the Metroid Prime Trilogy releasing next month for real this time you guys

It won't happen but day 1 purchase

I have all three original games still, so I have no need of a remake :smuggo:.

I will buy it day-one regardless, and if they make a collectors edition I will just slam money down on that sight-unseen :shepspends:.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
I have fond memories of playing Hunters online and disintegrating people with the insect guy's sniper rifle.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Pretty good posted:

I bought it even though I'm probably never gonna really play it bc £2.50 for a Big Name Sport Game is like, cmon, sure, why not

Is it realistically possible to get into 2k on a super casual basis if I know nothing about basketball? Is there a stupid baby mode like how Forza has arcade-ish handling and assisted steering and all that stuff for people who don't want to play it like a driving sim?

Sports games age like milk spilled on a warm sidewalk. If you don't care about basketball you can get the previous years games on an actual cartridge for like $10. Two year old sports games are even cheaper, like $1-$2.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Starsnostars posted:

I have fond memories of playing Hunters online and disintegrating people with the insect guy's sniper rifle.

It was legit pretty good if you could ever get enough people to work or had stable online.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I have all three original games still, so I have no need of a remake :smuggo:.

I will buy it day-one regardless, and if they make a collectors edition I will just slam money down on that sight-unseen :shepspends:.

Same, as well as the Wii steelbook version, and as much as I say "spending $60 on a port is dumb" I will do it for Metroid

The real dumb thing was that the Trilogy MP3 used a different save from regular MP3 because of course it did

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.

Rutibex posted:

Sports games age like milk spilled on a warm sidewalk. If you don't care about basketball you can get the previous years games on an actual cartridge for like $10. Two year old sports games are even cheaper, like $1-$2.

NHL ‘94 aged like wine though

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.

Rutibex posted:

NCAA football games particularly 14 which was the last one are now an exception to this.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I’ve got some great news about sports games this year!

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
The Metroid Prime Trilogy that was released on Wii in 2009 gave the games a somewhat improved control scheme. The Wii remote basically became mouselook/right joystick, so it controlled more like a standard FPS. It still wasn't ideal though because your right hand had to be pointed at the screen at all times. I'm assuming that if this trilogy is happening it will have standard FPS controls now.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Montalvo posted:

hi I don't post in here often because it's hard for me to keep up with active threads but i just wanted to say that my google search history now has 'switch game cumbros' on it because i didn't get the joke

anyway thanks for reading, bye

It's ok to be horny in 2020 my friend

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

SweetMercifulCrap! posted:

The Metroid Prime Trilogy that was released on Wii in 2009 gave the games a somewhat improved control scheme. The Wii remote basically became mouselook/right joystick, so it controlled more like a standard FPS. It still wasn't ideal though because your right hand had to be pointed at the screen at all times. I'm assuming that if this trilogy is happening it will have standard FPS controls now.

Immersive fun is not ideal

Should be at a keyboard like I'm doing spreadsheets

(Hopefully the new one will have pointer, twin stick, and hybrid motion controls)

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Metroid Prime 3 Trilogy rerelease makes too much sense for it not to happen. come on nintendo you don't have to make new games during coronavirus just give us old ones.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Lord Lambeth posted:

Metroid Prime 3 Trilogy rerelease makes too much sense for it not to happen. come on nintendo you don't have to make new games during coronavirus just give us old ones.

Releasing a trilogy of old games at Nintendo quality would take almost as much work as a lot of new games do

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I'm more excited for Mario Prime Trilogy.