Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
https://turnip.exchange/island/996bb734

here we go. $588 leaving it up for the afternoon.

looking for the log decorative shelves, leaf stool, log garden lounge, large bookshelf, dog house, and musical instruments

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gangringo
Jul 22, 2007

In the first age, in the first battle, when the shadows first lengthened, one sat.

He chose the path of perpetual contentment.

I don't know if I was using a bad guide or if I'm just the unluckiest goon on here but I am completely over seeking the sense of pride and accomplishment of breeding my own flowers.

Can I please, please get some:
Black roses
Blue roses
Purple pansies
Purple windflowers

Please just stick them in the ground next to my failed experiment area to the right of the airport path

I've been trying for weeks and I really want to redecorate that area of my island.

Nooks have unlimited hamsters, and a cypress bathtub.

Thanks goons, I got everything I needed!

Gangringo fucked around with this message at 22:49 on May 26, 2020

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Nessa posted:

Opening up Elysia for a yard sale!. 1LWCP

Please take my dupes! West coast beach is full of stuff. Take a bunch of DIYs. There are fossils at the dig site just behind the campground. Ables has Label sunglasses and petal skirts. Kicks is here.

If you’d like to leave anything, I would super appreciate any blue or purple flowers. I already have a lot of purple roses, purple mums and blue hyacinths, but any other purple and blues would be awesome. Also looking for anything to flesh out the little Pride festival I’m building on the beach. Any watering of flowers is also much appreciated!

Stitches is currently crafting a garden rock.

Thanks in advance to those who come by!

I deeply appreciate anybody who opens their island and asks for flowers. I have SO MANY and they grow like weeds. I didn't have a whole lot of time, so I just left you a few. If you need more, JUST SAY THE WORD.

I'm Silver Falcon #2944 in the Animal Crossing Discord if you need to get in touch more directly.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Bottom Liner posted:

https://turnip.exchange/island/996bb734

here we go. $588 leaving it up for the afternoon.

looking for the log decorative shelves, leaf stool, log garden lounge, large bookshelf, dog house, and musical instruments

Says it expired almost instantly?

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Says it expired almost instantly?

Hmm I set it to 25 total limit? doing it again
https://turnip.exchange/island/3c07e6a6

EDIT internet went down, back up

Bottom Liner fucked around with this message at 22:17 on May 26, 2020

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU

Bottom Liner posted:

Hmm I set it to 25 total limit? doing it again
https://turnip.exchange/island/cf4f7b47

Looks like it’s invalid again - I got a code at one point but it is not working

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

causticBeet posted:

Looks like it’s invalid again - I got a code at one point but it is not working

yeah the internet went down, updated the exchange link with the new dodo

Radiapathy
Dec 3, 2011

Snooping as usual, I see.
Don't know why it took me this long to check if there was a goon thread for this game. This is the only single-player game I've played in like three years? I played as much of it offline as I could, but finally had to break down and get a Nintendo Switch Online account so I could acquire all the fruit types... uh, and the Celeste recipes and star parts since I never play the game after like 5pm.

No idea why I keep playing this thing, although I fear that if I ever reach a 5-star island rating (just reached 4 stars last week) I will probably quit.

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

E-flat posted:

I'm in queue with an inventory of turnips right now, but as soon as I sell these off I plan on coming over with some blue pansies and windflowers!

Thanks for coming! Sorry about your connection issue!

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU

Bottom Liner posted:

yeah the internet went down, updated the exchange link with the new dodo

I was able to get in and sell but it looks like the turnip exchange link is dead and I forget the code! Are you “David”? I’ll add you and mail you some log stuff!

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Silver Falcon posted:

I deeply appreciate anybody who opens their island and asks for flowers. I have SO MANY and they grow like weeds. I didn't have a whole lot of time, so I just left you a few. If you need more, JUST SAY THE WORD.

I'm Silver Falcon #2944 in the Animal Crossing Discord if you need to get in touch more directly.

Thanks so much! I got way more flowers than expected!

Thanks to Kathy too!

I have had a hard time getting certain purples and blues to grow. Maybe just poor genes on my flowers, but this helps a TON! Now I can complete my rainbow garden! ^_^

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Gangringo posted:

I don't know if I was using a bad guide or if I'm just the unluckiest goon on here but I am completely over seeking the sense of pride and accomplishment of breeding my own flowers.

Can I please, please get some:
Black roses
Blue roses
Purple pansies
Purple windflowers

Please just stick them in the ground next to my failed experiment area to the right of the airport path

I've been trying for weeks and I really want to redecorate that area of my island.

Nooks have unlimited hamsters, and a cypress bathtub.

F5BLY

those last 3 are the trickiest ones to breed, but black roses should be really easy since all you do is plant a bunch of red rose seeds together

i do not have blue roses or purple pansies to spare, but i definitely have black roses & purple windflowers you can have if you need

e: came by and people had already dropped some, but i dropped more!!

kumba fucked around with this message at 22:40 on May 26, 2020

Boonoo
Nov 4, 2009

ASHRAKAN!
Take your Thralls and dive back into the depths! Give us the meat and GO!
Grimey Drawer
I wish there were was a more granular breakdown in island rating. I moved from 1 to 4 pretty steadily, but have no idea if I’m anywhere near 5.

A 10 point scale where 5 was the old 3 would be nice.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

causticBeet posted:

I was able to get in and sell but it looks like the turnip exchange link is dead and I forget the code! Are you “David”? I’ll add you and mail you some log stuff!

Yeah. IDK why turnip exchange kills my link after a few visitors? I have it set to 25 total every time.

https://turnip.exchange/island/87c9d487

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

Radiapathy posted:

Don't know why it took me this long to check if there was a goon thread for this game. This is the only single-player game I've played in like three years? I played as much of it offline as I could, but finally had to break down and get a Nintendo Switch Online account so I could acquire all the fruit types... uh, and the Celeste recipes and star parts since I never play the game after like 5pm.

No idea why I keep playing this thing, although I fear that if I ever reach a 5-star island rating (just reached 4 stars last week) I will probably quit.

I hope this helps. My island is fantastic. I work on it every day to make it better. I only recently got five stars bc my partner reminded me to check. I dont really care, though. 5 stars is an objective check for what is on your island. Who cares? Make a cool home or dont. Basing your enjoyment on some checkboxes is boring. Enjoy yourself. If youre coming from online games theres like no chance those games arent measured by stats. AC is subjective; you decide if youre having a good time. Dont rely on objective measurements like Island Stars to help you judge if youre having fun.

The Sean fucked around with this message at 22:33 on May 26, 2020

E-flat
Jun 22, 2007

3-flat

Nessa posted:

Thanks for coming! Sorry about your connection issue!

:negative:

Story of my life

Gangrino I hope the blue roses spread like wildfire!

E-flat fucked around with this message at 22:33 on May 26, 2020

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Radiapathy posted:

My advice is to start thinking about some creative projects. Really get outside the box and imagine what you can do with that one spot on your island that's sitting there blank.

I made a satanic altar clearing, for example, and my next big project is a shrub maze to take the place of the now-kinda-obsolete fruit forest.

Edit: try using the terraforming tools to do some unusual things, like e.g. making islands of a single tile in your river and planting special flowers on them

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Bottom Liner posted:

Yeah. IDK why turnip exchange kills my link after a few visitors? I have it set to 25 total every time.

https://turnip.exchange/island/87c9d487

link expired again???

https://turnip.exchange/island/91d34d9a

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Closing this because the turnip exchange site doesn't keep my link active for more than 5 minutes. Dunno wth.

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

Bottom Liner posted:

Closing this because the turnip exchange site doesn't keep my link active for more than 5 minutes. Dunno wth.
Thanks for trying!

Prowler
May 24, 2004

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Yeah I’m pretty sure the update was a lot about making the villagers talk to you a lot more because holy hell they are selling me lovely clothing and buying random bugs and fish that I happen to have on me far far more than they have in the past, like 8 interactions of these types (as well as get a certain bug quests) yesterday which was more than I had had of those types in a month of gameplay. Also yeah Bangle pulled the Lasers mumbling before selling me some overalls.

Are you sure it isn't simply that you have gained another level of friendship with all your town members? This is about the time where a lot of folks are hitting "best friend" level with their villagers. My increase didn't start immediately after the update--it only started after I noted everyone moving on to their "best friend" dialog and giving me their pictures.

Battle Pigeon
Nov 7, 2011

I am dancing potato
give me millet

Redd finally showed up for the second time ever, and all his art was fake. Any interest in a fake Mona Lisa, Wild painting, or Scenic painting?

E: just the Mona Lisa left now!

Battle Pigeon fucked around with this message at 23:47 on May 26, 2020

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Damnit I wouldn't mind some fake art to hang on my walls but I cba to log back into the game now haha.

I had my first meteor shower that I actually paid attention to, is there a maximum amount of star thingys you can get? If not I feel like my shore is going to be crowded tomorrow.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU

Bottom Liner posted:

Added you to friends - I can mail you a few of the decorative log shelves!

Soysaucebeast
Mar 4, 2008

Silver Falcon posted:

I'll tell you what, if you or any other goon wants to give me blue roses, green mums, or black cosmos that would be cool. I'm currently trying to breed them but it's slow going. Even if I just get one of each, I don't mind cloning them.

If anyone wants to swing by my dodo code is CCK82. Lief is here and my turnip price is garbage. I'll be semi afk though, I'm fixing to have dinner soon.

Soysaucebeast fucked around with this message at 23:09 on May 26, 2020

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting

Battle Pigeon posted:

Redd finally showed up for the second time ever, and all his art was fake. Any interest in a fake Mona Lisa, Wild painting, or Scenic painting?

I’d definitely be up for buying the fake wild or scenic painting if you wanna post or PM a dodo code! They make for nice decor.

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

E-flat posted:

:negative:

Story of my life

Gangrino I hope the blue roses spread like wildfire!

I was in the middle of responding to you when you left! I’ve done very little terraforming. Just adjusted the shape of a pond and added a cliff by my campsite. Most of my island is still pretty undeveloped and I’ve been letting flowers spread around.

Building a Pride festival is giving me a nice little project to do to fill up all the otherwise empty beach space. :)

Battle Pigeon
Nov 7, 2011

I am dancing potato
give me millet

Nondevor posted:

I’d definitely be up for buying the fake wild or scenic painting if you wanna post or PM a dodo code! They make for nice decor.

Ok! I’m just dumping a bunch of free items (clothes, DIY, items) on the beach (out of storage space) in the bottom left, then I’ll send you a code. I’m in the middle of terraforming the entire island so it’s a total mess right now!

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
Look, all I have to say is, if the game didn't want me to do this then it shouldn't have had the Able sisters selling it.

Boonoo
Nov 4, 2009

ASHRAKAN!
Grimey Drawer

Battle Pigeon posted:

I would! I love fake art.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Soysaucebeast posted:

I'll tell you what, if you or any other goon wants to give me blue roses, green mums, or black cosmos that would be cool. I'm currently trying to breed them but it's slow going. Even if I just get one of each, I don't mind cloning them.

If anyone wants to swing by my dodo code is CCK82. Lief is here and my turnip price is garbage. I'll be semi afk though, I'm fixing to have dinner soon.

Left you two each of green mums, blue roses, and black cosmos on your beach. Thanks for taking my flowers!

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

^^^^ i'll take any free hybrids you're giving away, as well! flower breeding is what's holding up my future terraforming plans :sigh:

track day bro! posted:

I had my first meteor shower that I actually paid attention to, is there a maximum amount of star thingys you can get? If not I feel like my shore is going to be crowded tomorrow.

it's something like 30 on your own island, 20 on someone else's? don't quote me on those numbers, i can't recall if they're correct or not but it's basically you can get more on your island than on one you're visiting.

there's no limit to stars you can wish upon, though, so you can snag all the Nook Miles Achievements in one go, if you're so inclined.

HORSE OF THE YEAR
Jun 7, 2012

Hey everyone! It’s my first time posting in this thread, but I thought y’all should know that Lentil Bay is buying turnips for 507 bells! There’s also a system kitchen in the Cranny if anyone wants it.

I would appreciate if anyone stopping by could water the flowers to the left of the Cranny and any others you can find! If you have any spare bells for a tip or anything cool to drop off I would adore it, as I forgot to buy turnips this week lmao. Feel free to look around! I’ve only had one or two visitors before, so I’m excited to see everyone!

Dodo code is Closed! Thanks for stopping by!

HORSE OF THE YEAR fucked around with this message at 02:37 on May 27, 2020

LLJKSiLk
Jul 7, 2005

by Athanatos

peepsalot posted:

Opening up to share a personal record high for turnips at 531 today.

See PGS for turnip code

Also Kicks is here

Thanks. Left you a stack of 99k behind your museum.

E-flat
Jun 22, 2007

3-flat

Nessa posted:

I was in the middle of responding to you when you left! I’ve done very little terraforming. Just adjusted the shape of a pond and added a cliff by my campsite. Most of my island is still pretty undeveloped and I’ve been letting flowers spread around.

Building a Pride festival is giving me a nice little project to do to fill up all the otherwise empty beach space. :)

I started off not terraforming, but I've slowly become more and more okay with it :ohdear: I'm now worried I'll want to change the part of the river making the right side of the island-island because it's, in my opinion, 'too straight' and looks terraformed

Thanks to peepsalot too! I left you your tips by your chillout area on the beach.

Boonoo
Nov 4, 2009

ASHRAKAN!
Grimey Drawer

Boonoo posted:

I wish there were was a more granular breakdown in island rating. I moved from 1 to 4 pretty steadily, but have no idea if I’m anywhere near 5.

A 10 point scale where 5 was the old 3 would be nice.

Aaaaand I put down maybe 5 more things on a few areas of the beach and I’m at 5 stars!

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.
Redd is here again! Back/top of the island. Bring a ladder. I'll keep the gate open until 9pm EST.

Dodo Code: CLOSED

Moving painting (fake), academic painting (fake), nice painting (real)
Board game (hexagonal shapes on the board), tool shelf (grey) 10,950

Turnips are 99.

Nooks
Writing desk (7100), throwback Dino screen (3600)
Rotary phone (grey), anthurium plant

Abel Sisters don't have anything remarkable

Over in the giveaway area (just follow the path from the airport)

Fossils
Amber, ankylo skull, anomalocaris, archelon skull, brachio chest, deiony tail, diplo chest, diplo tail tip, eusthenopteron, iguanodon skull, juramaia, pachy tail x2, parasaur skull, plesio body, ptera body, quetzal torso, sabertooth skull, spino tail, spino torso x2, stego skull x2, T. rex skull x2, t. Rex tail x2

There's some other stuff, like a couple of DIY recipes and doubles of items I already have. There's books, a few cutting boards and young spring bamboo on the beach next to the giveaway area. (I went island hopping last week and stocked up while trying to find a new villager)

And in front of my house there are some Antique, Imperial and Rattan furniture items. Feel free to take 'em if you're looking for any of those pieces.

Looking for green mums and any blue flowers that aren't hyacinths. I'll be chilling on a stump near my house in a pink Zap Suit, mostly AFK.

SilentChaz fucked around with this message at 02:01 on May 27, 2020

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Any interest in fossil trading?

I need:
amber
deinony torso
myllokunmingia
right megalo side
stego skull

I have spare:
ammonite (2)
ankylo skull
ankylo torso
anomalocaris (2)
archelon tail (2)
brachio skull (2)
dimetrodon torso
diplo tail
diplo tail tip
dunkleosteus
eusthenopteron
iguanodon skull (2)
iguanodon tail
left megalo side (3)
left ptera wing
left quetzal wing
mammoth skull
mammoth torso
megacero torso
pachy tail
parasaur tail
plesio body
plesio tail
ptera body
right ptera wing
right quetzal wing
sabertooth skull
spino skull
stego tail (2)
tricera skull
tricera torso (3)
trilobite

If anyone here wants to swap, I can open my island and post the dodo code in the PGS thread.

Soysaucebeast
Mar 4, 2008

Silver Falcon posted:

Left you two each of green mums, blue roses, and black cosmos on your beach. Thanks for taking my flowers!

Thanks! I love your island name, btw. It had me chuckling while I was cooking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peepsalot
Apr 24, 2007

PEEP THIS...
           BITCH!

Rageaholic posted:

Wow, first time I check this thread and I see your awesome turnip price. Just sold the 1,000 I had. Thanks, friend :D

Rick posted:

Another good island! Thank you!

Farten Barfen posted:

Thank you so much! Your island rocks! I left some bells for you in your music area

LLJKSiLk posted:

Thanks. Left you a stack of 99k behind your museum.
No problem folks, and thanks to all you generous tippers.

Still open by the way, I had 1 comm error a few minutes ago, but re-opened and updated the turnip listing with new dodo.