Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Your Computer posted:

finally, the Zelda II Remaster

I’d be completely down for that. No joke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

it is a crime that I cannot play every single zelda game ever made on the switch right now. nintendo should be in jail

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

romanowski posted:

it is a crime that I cannot play every single zelda game ever made on the switch right now. nintendo should be in jail
who's gonna press the "put zelda on switch" button if nintendo's in jail, genius?

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Your Computer posted:

finally, the Zelda II Remaster

Will I experience almost murdering my little brother over it again?

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

Hot take: the original version of The Wind Waker looked better than the HD remaster.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Ogmius815 posted:

Hot take: the original version of The Wind Waker looked better than the HD remaster.
:confused:

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Kinda want to get the title change since I kept reading it as "Cumbia Bros" which would be a great game that doesn't exist and it's rather disheartening.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

who's gonna press the "put zelda on switch" button if nintendo's in jail, genius?

The warden?

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

Ogmius815 posted:

Not that hot of a take, lots of people thought that when it first came out. HD does okay in indoor areas, but outdoors everything looks like it's made out of glazed donuts standing in a sauna.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Press "F" to Pay Respects Zelda

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Iron Crowned posted:

Press "F" to Pay Respects Zelda

The Green Tunic Mile

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Picross S4 complete. Though man, the Extra puzzles are a pain when you're like me and prone to making mistakes (with all the hint features turned off, of course). Usually I'll restart the puzzle when that happens, but thirty minutes into a 40x30 puzzle and I'm kinda reluctant to do that...

RememberYourMantra
Dec 5, 2005

Don't Have Negative Thoughts

Pillbug

Dip Viscous posted:

Not that hot of a take, lots of people thought that when it first came out. HD does okay in indoor areas, but outdoors everything looks like it's made out of glazed donuts standing in a sauna.

I haven't seen the HD version in action, but I played the Gamecube version recently on a large LCD TV. It also looks great in 4:3 while indoors, but when you go outside, everything further away than 20 feet is an absolute blurry mess. I guess the remake didn't change much?

I remember it looking better on the CRT I played it on 15 years ago, but that could just be nostalgia goggles talking. My CRT is long dead and I don't have one to test it out on nearby.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I'd actually be interested in a Zelda game where you had to ESCAPE a dungeon rather than infiltrate them.

The Legend of Zelda: Escape From Butcher Bay

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

The complaint not is the opposite, everything is too clear so it looks less like its art style

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Mister Facetious posted:

I'd actually be interested in a Zelda game where you had to ESCAPE a dungeon rather than infiltrate them.

The Legend of Zelda: Escape From Butcher Bay

does ganon's island in wind waker not count? if you're bad at stealth you get thrown in the dungeon multiple times.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

It is pretty cool how Wii U could officially play nearly every Zelda game in one form.

Rack
Aug 5, 2003

I've misunderstood what a lion is.

Grimey Drawer

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I kept reading it as "Cumbia Bros" which would be a great game that doesn't exist and it's rather disheartening.

This is the kind of game I could, begrudgingly, get very into.

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

WWHD overall looks better than the original even with the slightly excessive bloom but if you crop certain selective screenshots the right way I agree it looks not as good

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

The HD version has too much bloom. Also, all of the models are more visibly 3d objects, whereas in the GCN release of The Wind Waker the entire world looked pretty much entirely like an immersive cartoon environment, which was great.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

romanowski posted:

WWHD overall looks better than the original even with the slightly excessive bloom but if you crop certain selective screenshots the right way I agree it looks not as good

Agree. I see why people prefer the original but I think HD looks better overall. All the QOL make it the best version too. Same with TP HD.

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

while I'm handing out correct zelda graphics opinions, MM3D's enriched color palette is an obvious improvement over the n64 original and is perfectly in line with the actual game's tone and atmosphere and not the dark and gritty version that exists in some people's heads. anyway thanks for reading

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Well it's been 30 years of "gently caress the piano puzzle in Myst" and going strong

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

mdemone posted:

Well it's been 30 years of "gently caress the piano puzzle in Myst" and going strong

the real lovely puzzle is the mine cart runner

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

I'm extremely hyped for XCOM 2 on switch does anyone in here want to tell me how it's utter poo poo or will the switch run it just fine?

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Marzzle posted:

I'm extremely hyped for XCOM 2 on switch does anyone in here want to tell me how it's utter poo poo or will the switch run it just fine?

I'll let you know when it shows up on my doorstep. The PS4 version ran pretty good from launch, on one hand it was a different system, on the other hand there's been 4 years to streamline it, so :iiam:

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

SeANMcBAY posted:

I’d be completely down for that. No joke.
we should write a petition there's at least checks notes two of us who want this!!

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
You can already play Zelda 2 on Switch for free, with superior pixel graphics. There is no need for a HD remake.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Marzzle posted:

the real lovely puzzle is the mine cart runner

Yeah I've already resolved to look up that one.

Although the hint system in RealMyst for Switch is actually well-done and gives you gradually more info until you get it on your own.

Edit: also, gently caress the 2-2-1 gear puzzle because I forgot the "trick" and without it the drat thing is provably unsolvable. Sat there for fifteen minutes cursing it.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Rutibex posted:

You can already play Zelda 2 on Switch for free, with superior pixel graphics. There is no need for a HD remake.

I want a new translation that makes it beatable without a guide

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Rutibex posted:

I love Zelda 2 and have beaten it again this year but yeah there is

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Xenoblade 2 never got a demo did it?

I'm extremely torn on Xenoblade 1 Definitive Edition after seeing footage of it :sigh:

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

I'd rather see an all new sidescroller Zelda than a remake of 2.

Then reuse the engine from that to make Wario Land 5.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Where is the waroware collection nintendo?!

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Mega64 posted:

Picross S4 complete. Though man, the Extra puzzles are a pain when you're like me and prone to making mistakes (with all the hint features turned off, of course). Usually I'll restart the puzzle when that happens, but thirty minutes into a 40x30 puzzle and I'm kinda reluctant to do that...
How much of the S series is devoted to Mega? Because I legitimately do not like that mode so I'd hate to have half a game I won't play.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Dip Viscous posted:

I'd rather see an all new sidescroller Zelda than a remake of 2.

Then reuse the engine from that to make Wario Land 5.

Either way sidescrolling Zelda should be revisited. What people have done in Mario Maker is pretty inspired and I really liked how it looked in Link's Awakening.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Your Computer posted:

Xenoblade 2 never got a demo did it?

I'm extremely torn on Xenoblade 1 Definitive Edition after seeing footage of it :sigh:

What's wrong with the footage? It looks great and has a ton of quality of life improvements.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

There was an HD remake of TP?

I must be the only one who sort of enjoyed it as I played it, and then the moment I finished it, I never wanted to touch it again. Anyone else? I still feel that way; it's like I retroactively find it dragging and a total slog to get through. :shrug:

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k

daermon posted:

How much of the S series is devoted to Mega? Because I legitimately do not like that mode so I'd hate to have half a game I won't play.

The Mega mode is a repeat of every puzzle in the standard mode, but with the hints changed to a mega variant and the order a bit jumbled.

e: however, the unlocks for Clip mode are all in standard, so you never have to touch it to finish those

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
They should remake the Oracle games before doing any of the NES games imo