Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

wuggles posted:

Started Part 3 last night. Two questions:

* Why is Jotaro such a dick to his mom
* What’s up with his hat? Seems like his hair bleeds into it?

1)Jotaro is a dick (but with a heart of gold)
2)Yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Julias posted:

1)Jotaro is a dick (but with a heart of gold)
2)Yes.

yeah basically this. The real answer is rule 1 of jojo, "because it just is"

But if you want a realistic-ish answer you can interpret the hat as torn up in the back from jotaro getting in fights and stuff

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

wuggles posted:

Jotaro turned seventeen and he wants to be a cool delinquent

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

wuggles posted:

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

wuggles posted:

Started Part 3 last night. Two questions:

The second is a forbidden question. The first is that he’s a dick rear end teenager.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

jotaro is actually a huge momma's boy he just doesn't want to admit it because he wants to look cool

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Jotaro thinks he is cool but he is actually a huge weenie but he also has the muscles to make people think twice about actually calling him a dork.

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

A real question. I thought Dio’s casket shielded Erina and the baby from the explosion. But that’s not right? How’d they survive in Part 1?

edit: sorry, DIO

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

wuggles posted:

A real question. I thought Dio’s casket shielded Erina and the baby from the explosion. But that’s not right? How’d they survive in Part 1?

lol yeah, that's probably the biggest plot hole in jojo. I think Araki later said that there was a hidden compartment in the casket or something that DIO was hiding in after Erina was rescued.

But the real answer is Araki forgot.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

I think it's less "Araki forgot that it didn't have that" and more "Araki couldn't come up with a better idea"

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

overmind2000 posted:

I think it's less "Araki forgot that it didn't have that" and more "Araki couldn't come up with a better idea"

Ah, that’s what I thought I saw.

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

I hope this creepy snake guy doesn’t become part of the main gang

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

wuggles posted:

I hope this creepy snake guy doesn’t become part of the main gang

Lol

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Noble Pope is the best track in part 3 OST

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

wuggles posted:

"Before you seek revenge, buy two totally pimped-out caskets"

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...
https://twitter.com/peachdekuu/status/1267110995656355840

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
That's a sound edit. He was playing something completely different originally.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

The version I saw before all this popped off had him playing the naruto battle music

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3Bt1E6VJ5M

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Where can one watch the dubbed version of this (as well the series with the Pompadour JoJo?). Netflix has the series up through Stardust Crusaders, and they do a lovely thing where the audio is dubbed but the subtitles are from the original subbed version. I dig that, and I've been led to believe that the dubs persist through series 4 and 5, but Crunchyroll and such only have the Japanese audio. The latter dubbed seasons seem to only be on Adult Swim, which is an issue for me, as Adult Swim is region locked and I am not in the US.

Is there a streaming service that is not Adult Swim which carries it? I'd rather not get into shenanigans to circumvent the region lock, and I wouldn't even know where to begin looking for a VPN service with which to do so.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I think Hulu might have it, but I'm not sure if it's region locked there.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Where can one watch the dubbed version of this (as well the series with the Pompadour JoJo?). Netflix has the series up through Stardust Crusaders, and they do a lovely thing where the audio is dubbed but the subtitles are from the original subbed version. I dig that, and I've been led to believe that the dubs persist through series 4 and 5, but Crunchyroll and such only have the Japanese audio. The latter dubbed seasons seem to only be on Adult Swim, which is an issue for me, as Adult Swim is region locked and I am not in the US.

Is there a streaming service that is not Adult Swim which carries it? I'd rather not get into shenanigans to circumvent the region lock, and I wouldn't even know where to begin looking for a VPN service with which to do so.

Exclusive NordVPN deal DEAL!!!!!!!!!!! for Goons! and curvy goonettes

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

multijoe posted:

Exclusive NordVPN deal DEAL!!!!!!!!!!! for Goons! and curvy goonettes

No lie, Nord is great

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I clicked the NordVPN link and it led me to a page telling me I had 10 minutes to make my order or the offer would expire. Yeah no thanks, I'd rather just give money to Lowtax or the forums directly.

And I googled Hulu, which led me to a Reddit thread explaining that Hulu has the Jonathan/Joseph season dubbed, but the subsequent seasons subbed, and that the only dub options were Adult Swim, DVDs and, for Stardust Crusaders, Netflix. Ah well, maybe Netflix will pick it up, or I'll get into the subbed version someday.

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

I clicked the NordVPN link and it led me to a page telling me I had 10 minutes to make my order or the offer would expire. Yeah no thanks, I'd rather just give money to Lowtax or the forums directly.

It says it end in 9 hours 36 minutes and 4 seconds pretty clearly.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
VPN's 9+ hour exclusive deal is always good because they're operating from Namek.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rlJLvA8bdI

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Doesn't the Jorge joestar novel say erina kept dio in the coffin cause she thought Jonathan could be saved

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

part 6 anime when?

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

I. M. Gei posted:

part 6 anime when?

Lol

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Stairmaster posted:

Doesn't the Jorge joestar novel say erina kept dio in the coffin cause she thought Jonathan could be saved

Jorge Joestar says a lot of things.

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

I willed too hard again...
Probably obvious but I'm sure COVID would delay production of part 6. Or maybe I'm being naive about the anime industry and maybe they're all being pressed to make things crunch time style regardless of the situation.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Willsun posted:

Probably obvious but I'm sure COVID would delay production of part 6. Or maybe I'm being naive about the anime industry and maybe they're all being pressed to make things crunch time style regardless of the situation.

My stand 「Down With the Sickness」 has no weaknesses

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Willsun posted:

Covid is delaying production of all sorts of series so idk why this one would be any different.

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
Has anyone tried turning a brick from Italy into a snake?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I think Fire Force season 2 was announced very recently, so David's fighting Covid for that before we even get into thinking of part 6.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

MorningMoon posted:

I think Fire Force season 2 was announced very recently, so David's fighting Covid for that before we even get into thinking of part 6.

Least Fire Force 2 looks cool before they move to Stone Ocean.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Yeah, we don't know at this point if Stone Ocean is even at a point where it can BE affected by COVID.

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
since a lot of people only check bookmarks, you should know that our admin, lowtax, has been credibly accused of abusing his partner.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3928980

please do what you believe to be ethical.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Stone Ocean anime never
Lowtax is an abuser
Read the manga
Lowtax abuses women
Don’t skip parts