Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

b-minus1 posted:

Steak are you gonna vote everyone in the game

oh yeah, i forgot to respond to this before but what's with this random drive-by shade, binus? i havent even been vote-hopping much at all. and besides, its not like you're actually contributing anything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I think Sub Rosa nails that your play feels off here. I know you're a bit chaotic usually, but you're dropping lmaos way more frequently than you should be, which seems to me forced casualness. You're posting joke votes with the full explanation that what you're doing is a joke, but doing it anyways. If you have to explain the joke, it's a bad joke, and so it just looks extremely self conscious.

Meta-part 2: usually you're way more casual about your play

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sandwolf posted:

I think Sub Rosa nails that your play feels off here. I know you're a bit chaotic usually, but you're dropping lmaos way more frequently than you should be, which seems to me forced casualness. You're posting joke votes with the full explanation that what you're doing is a joke, but doing it anyways. If you have to explain the joke, it's a bad joke, and so it just looks extremely self conscious.

Meta-part 2: usually you're way more casual about your play

huh.... well i cant rly argue with any of that, cuz it's all vague meta stuff. i obviously disagree, but thanks for explaining your thoughts

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry
I can't remember you responding like this in any recent games either to be honest they all have a point

xopods
Oct 26, 2010

Scientastic posted:

I’m already used to you just thinking I’m scum, and I’m fine with it, but seriously throwing shade at Maigius in anything other than an advisory mafia dad kind of way is bad sportsmanship

I just finished playing Maigius's first game with him. He was scum in that game, got a newbie pass until LYLO, then managed to be only the second-scummiest person in the game at that point and won.

He doesn't get any more free passes from me.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I agree w/ xopods

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

xopods posted:

I just finished playing Maigius's first game with him. He was scum in that game, got a newbie pass until LYLO, then managed to be only the second-scummiest person in the game at that point and won.

why the gently caress didn't i get this treatment as a newbie? it took like 5 games for me to actually survive day 1. and like 20 more before the current point of not being automatically suspect just for existing. where was my newbie coddling?? i demand a refund!

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Squiggly posted:

I can't remember you responding like this in any recent games either to be honest they all have a point

what do you mean "like this"?

i *am* a bit more invested than usual because im a big fan of yami and amni (and big crazy games in general) but i only see that as a positive. idk, i just feel like ive been having fun.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
but anyway, trying to figure out my alignment from *tone* of all things.... i just feel like sandwolf should know better. for half of this game, probably not cuz theres a lot of people i haven't played with much (including you tbh, tho u skirt the edge), but sandwolf has played with me more than enough to know that. and i mean, he's certainly leaning into that fact by talking about his familiarity with me and how i'm posting "different". but i'd be surprised if that's his genuinely held view, since that's a lofty claim he's making. the ability to notice my posting being different based on alignment is something many others have tried and failed to do

xopods
Oct 26, 2010

CapnAndy posted:

First off, I do not like how xopods is trying to dictate some narratives in the most damning way possible. I "tried to play it like a joke", Sci made "what they know is a weak case", I "scumclaimed", Sci "tested the waters". Notice that in his telling neither sci nor I are acting in good faith; he's calling us both liars and also once again managing to not only miss the very obvious sarcasm in both our posts: "I skipped every post since my last post. Who is scum tell me now" "me obviously" and "Yeah, but look at all the interaction its provoked" are both very hard to take as intended to be serious points, but xopod's doing it.

Then after low-key calling both sci and I scum, he moves right on to a masterclass in equivocating on maigius. "I'd vote for him" but "he did immediately explain it" but "it seemed self-concious" but "it isn't automatically a slip" but "it does seem... more likely to originate from a Scum perspective" but "neither is individually very damning" but "they seem more like coincidence".

Gosh, what a stirring example of having a strong opinion and sticking to it!

And then on both those posts, he makes no votes whatsoever, even though he wants us to know he's totally cool with voting maigius, just hypothetically though!

And he's been doing this all game, I can dig up more posts if you guys want but it's D1 and this is already running long, so:

##vote xopods

There are several things wrong here:

1) You were clearly being sarcastic and I've never tried to present it otherwise. You scumclaimed in a joking manner, and behaved as if you beileved Sci was also joking. However, I do not believe that Sci was in fact joking. His responses to you were playing along with your jokes, but before any of that happened, he defended his case from my criticism in a non-joking manner.

2) I did not call you scum at any point, "low key" or otherwise. Conversely, there is nothing "low key" about the way in which I've called Sci scum. I've been very overt.

3) You seem to be reading my post about Maigius one paragraph at a time and not as a whole. What you call "equivocating" is me acknowledging that either of his slips has a reasonable, non-scummy explanation on its own but that IMO the combined odds of making two such slips in the same game day and being Town are small. Once can be a coincidence, just a Townie making a weird assumption, but twice is a pattern, or as much of a pattern as you're likely to see D1 in a game of Mafia.

xopods
Oct 26, 2010

xopods posted:

2) I did not call you scum at any point, "low key" or otherwise. Conversely, there is nothing "low key" about the way in which I've called Sci scum. I've been very overt.

Correction: I guess I did initially say the exchange made me feel "not great" about both of you, but Sci's subsequent post about "look at all the content" convinced me he was the scum in that exchange, so I haven't really been thinking about you as potentially scummy since then.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

xopods posted:

You're still not voting him.

xopods posted:

Correction: I guess I did initially say the exchange made me feel "not great" about both of you, but Sci's subsequent post about "look at all the content" convinced me he was the scum in that exchange, so I haven't really been thinking about you as potentially scummy since then.
Fair enough I guess. It seemed like you were calling us both liars, hence my reaction.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

In regards to Maigius

Maigius posted:

I enjoy my role, it is interesting.

Maigius posted:

I'll admit to being town and having a skill. My skill is not all that useful.

I'm not certain this is fully a contradiction, but it did make me raise an eyebrow.

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

People talking about their roles is dumb/stupid/scummy as hell without good reason

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sub Rosa posted:

In regards to Maigius

I'm not certain this is fully a contradiction, but it did make me raise an eyebrow.

that is a VERY good catch

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

Sub Rosa posted:

In regards to Maigius

Interesting meant it has some use, but not in top tier of usefulness. It made me say, "That's neat." If I was scum, my reaction would have been "Oh God, not again."

LordNad
Nov 18, 2002

HEY BAD GUYS, THIS IS THE VICE PRESIDENT, PLEASE DON'T KILL HIM!

Maigius posted:

Interesting meant it has some use, but not in top tier of usefulness. It made me say, "That's neat." If I was scum, my reaction would have been "Oh God, not again."

You were vanilla in your other game...

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

LordNad posted:

You were vanilla in your other game...

i don't understand what your point is here

LordNad
Nov 18, 2002

HEY BAD GUYS, THIS IS THE VICE PRESIDENT, PLEASE DON'T KILL HIM!
According to the OP, everyone has some kind of role. I don't understand how being vanilla in one game and having an "interesting" role in this one would prompt a different reaction based on alignment.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

LordNad posted:

According to the OP, everyone has some kind of role. I don't understand how being vanilla in one game and having an "interesting" role in this one would prompt a different reaction based on alignment.

hes talking about how he was scum in his last game. it was confusing and weird how he brought it up for no reason, i agree

xopods
Oct 26, 2010

CapnAndy posted:

You're still not voting him.

That's because I'm voting for Sci. You see, I'm in the unfortunate position of having only a single vote, yet believing there might be two (or possibly even more!) Scum in the game.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

xopods posted:

That's because I'm voting for Sci. You see, I'm in the unfortunate position of having only a single vote, yet believing there might be two (or possibly even more!) Scum in the game.

lol why does it seem like this point comes up in every game?

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
oh shoot, deadline's tonight. good thing i never have anything else to do besides stare blank-eyed at mafia

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
im happy cuz i finally figured out how to get music files to play from my amazon fire stick, so now im listening ti my music on the big tv speakers

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
*to

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

holy gently caress i forgot i was in this game

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

i got so caught up following the acab spring stuff

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

Spoonsy (4): LordNad, LordNad, Scientastic, Mr. Humalong, Mr. Steak, dmboogie, Mr. Steak, Mr. Steak, Mr. Steak, Mr. Steak
Mr. Steak (3): Scientastic, Scientastic, Jeabus Mahogany, Mr. Humalong, Mr. Humalong, Jeabus Mahogany, Tom Tucker, Sub Rosa, Sandwolf
Maigius (3): xopods, Scientastic, Scientastic, xopods, Jeabus Mahogany, LordNad, cheese sandwich, Spoonsy, cheese sandwich
Pussy Quipped (2): b-minus1, Mr. Steak, Mr. Steak, cheese sandwich
CapnAndy (2): Scientastic, Pussy Quipped, CapitalistPig, Sub Rosa, Scientastic, Sub Rosa, CapitalistPig, Jeabus Mahogany, Jeabus Mahogany, Squiggly
xopods (2): SalTheBard, CapnAndy
Sandwolf (1): Scientastic, Scientastic, DGK2000
Mr. Humalong (1): CapitalistPig, Spoonsy, Spoonsy
Scientastic (1): Voodoofly, Voodoofly, xopods, Sub Rosa, Sub Rosa, Mr. Steak, Mr. Steak
Nep-Nep (1): hambeet
Jose Valasquez (1): CapnAndy, Mr. Steak, Jose Valasquez, Mr. Steak, Jose Valasquez, Voodoofly, CapnAndy
dmboogie (1): Nep-Nep, Jose Valasquez, Nep-Nep
Jeabus Mahogany (0): Mr. Steak, Mr. Steak
CapitalistPig (0): dmboogie, Mr. Humalong, Mr. Humalong, dmboogie
Sub Rosa (0): Sandwolf, Sandwolf
Tom Tucker (0): Voodoofly, Voodoofly, Nep-Nep, Nep-Nep
Squiggly (0): Voodoofly, Voodoofly, Mr. Steak, Mr. Steak
merk (0): Sub Rosa, Sub Rosa
Voodoofly (0): Spoonsy, Spoonsy

Not Voting (4): Maigius, merk, MisterJed, Nep-Nep

With 26 alive, it's 14 votes to execute. The current deadline is June 01st, 2020 at 6 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 10 hours, 9 minutes.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

I am so hungover I am struggling to focus on the screen, but I haven't seen anything from Spoonsy that makes me want to reconsider my vote.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Scientastic posted:

I am so hungover I am struggling to focus on the screen, but I haven't seen anything from Spoonsy that makes me want to reconsider my vote.

i dont think ive seen anything from spoonsy at all

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
that said, it takes the strength of 1,000 men to move *your* vote, so...

MisterJed
May 9, 2004

Everyone note that the deadline is 6pm EST today.

xopods
Oct 26, 2010

Mr. Steak posted:

lol why does it seem like this point comes up in every game?

Obviously Mafia needs electoral reform. A ranked preference + instant runoff voting system would eliminate this lazy line of questioning from the game. Votefinder needs to catch up with advances in electoral theory.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

xopods posted:

Obviously Mafia needs electoral reform. A ranked preference + instant runoff voting system would eliminate this lazy line of questioning from the game. Votefinder needs to catch up with advances in electoral theory.

i'd unironically be VERY interested in a mafia game that worked like that. (tho getting entire ranked lists from every player every day would be a gigantic pain)

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Yeah, life is hilariously cruel.
Grimey Drawer
Morning everyone. Here, a little shaken up after last night (I'm in Manhattan so feel free to read through all my stuff about cops from Saturday morning with a chuckle and a sigh), but here.

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry
I too am ready for the last second bandwagon and then switch to a 1 vote player when everyone gets cold feet

xopods
Oct 26, 2010

Mr. Steak posted:

i'd unironically be VERY interested in a mafia game that worked like that. (tho getting entire ranked lists from every player every day would be a gigantic pain)

I might be willing to run a small, all-Vanilla game along those lines just as an experiment. Like, 7 Town, 2 Scum, nothing else weird except the voting mechanic.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Spoonsy posted:

Morning everyone. Here, a little shaken up after last night (I'm in Manhattan so feel free to read through all my stuff about cops from Saturday morning with a chuckle and a sigh), but here.

oh drat. i mean, take your time, we have like 8 hours. but also get to catching up cuz we only have 8 hours! im hungry for content from you!

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

xopods posted:

Yeah okay fine defend yourself calmly and rationally then why don't you???

##unvote

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

I'm mad because of a thorn in my impenetrable hide
okay guts time

b-minus1 - null
CapitalistPig - null
CapnAndy - Town ping with hints of scum spice
cheese sandwich - town lean
DGK2000 - town ping