Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Happy Hippo posted:

Ray has a tricky relationship with knowledge.

I don't care what you ask me, the boy's rude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zefiel
Sep 14, 2007

You can do whatever you want in life.

Just Offscreen posted:

Dude you don't LIKE Liquid Banjo.

What you LIKE is that you're holding something the police will wrestle you for.

I know I'm opening a can of worms like that scene where Homer is asked if he's ever seen a man yell at shoes before, or most of the PBF threads, but I never quite got the meaning of that, do they mean that the police want the Gusano Rojo so bad they'll wrestle you for it? Or that fighting the police is always the end result of imbibing Gusano Rojo?

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Zefiel posted:

I know I'm opening a can of worms like that scene where Homer is asked if he's ever seen a man yell at shoes before, or most of the PBF threads, but I never quite got the meaning of that, do they mean that the police want the Gusano Rojo so bad they'll wrestle you for it? Or that fighting the police is always the end result of imbibing Gusano Rojo?

You are always publicly intoxicated and belligerent when you’re drinking Gusano Rojo and the cops are trying to take it away.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

It is a drink for dudes who want to get all punked up on Jupiter oil and claim to roll fifty deep.

Patattack
Nov 23, 2008

The English Language!

Zefiel posted:

I take it to mean that imbibing Gusano Rojo will certainly lead to getting in trouble with the police, and during that conflict, you will certainly refuse to comply with their orders, such that they'll be forced to wrestle the booze away from you.

While we're making confessions...I never quite understood Ray's joke about Cornelius "leaving the toilet seat at a 45-degree angle". From context, (a) it's clearly meant to somehow refer to Cornelius potentially suffering from dementia; and (b) it seems like Téodor takes a few seconds to get the joke, but once he does, he's offended or disgusted by it somehow. I just can't piece together what Ray is implying about Cornelius with this statement.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.
By "leaving the toilet seat" I think he means he gets up from the toilet seat bent over at a 45 degree angle implying he spent a long difficult time on the toilet due to being old.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Oh I thought he was taking such colossal dumps that the toilet seat was unable to fully close.

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

Also has the underrated 'Ancient Situation'.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

Calaveron posted:

Onstad just stares at this every day and takes a deep sigh and his drawing arm starts aching again, and not only because he’s preparing a fancy risotto to pair with his craft soda

I ordered some of his craft soda a little while back

it's really good

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

See I read this as Ray testing if Teodor is paying attention or not since you can't leave a toilet seat balanced at 45 degrees.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

It is a drink for dudes who want to get all punked up on Jupiter oil and claim to roll fifty deep.

Not sure how that statement could be considered factual, but I'm sure none of them meant to flip a bitch.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

only it turns out to be less fun

https://twitter.com/thejoshl/status/1221565325755527169

tbh Bronson did have to resort to a two-handed grip at one point.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

https://i.imgur.com/sZO5pAa.mp4

Crossposting from the cute thread. Figure you'll know why.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Is that Roast Beef (the middle cat, not Ray not Pat)?

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Achewood is not responsible for any snappages.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

"Christ! It smells like someone's working on a car!" is my favorite part

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Jerusalem posted:

Is that Roast Beef (the middle cat, not Ray not Pat)?
Seems so; Ray would be more portly and Roast Beef has had problems keeping on weight even when eating cheese.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Nessus posted:

Seems so; Ray would be more portly and Roast Beef has had problems keeping on weight even when eating cheese.

he also looks like he has strange concerns

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

paranoid randroid posted:

"Christ! It smells like someone's working on a car!" is my favorite part

I found out there is a Mezcal bar in my town recently

Everything about this strip is correct

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Nessus posted:

And Pat has a majestic nasty six pack. And a hat.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

NoneMoreNegative posted:

I don't grab him by the dick but what I've found is that my big Maine Coon mix seems to be entirely chill with me gathering great double-handfuls of his belly fur in my hands and then gently lifting him up.

I haven't tried holding him aloft for extended periods but it's already baffling that he's just so okay with it.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

I don't grab him by the dick but what I've found is that my big Maine Coon mix seems to be entirely chill with me gathering great double-handfuls of his belly fur in my hands and then gently lifting him up.

I haven't tried holding him aloft for extended periods but it's already baffling that he's just so okay with it.

bless, our first dog when I was a kid was a shin-high smooth-haired terrier that was absolutely fine with being picked up by the scruff of her back, like in the middle and moved like a small handbag :3:

also

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

I've found is that my big Maine Coon mix seems to be entirely chill with me gathering great double-handfuls of his belly fur in my hands and then gently lifting him up.

Maine Coons are basically dogs in cat shape. They are gentle giants who just want to cuddle and play.

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

yah I had some breed of large housecat that was very quiet, super sweet, big ol lap plopper

now I live with a flamepoint siamese and he is delightful and extremely verbal, way more communicative with meows and body language, and very smart- he understands like twelve phrases and it rules - otoh he never settles down really, likes to scream at outdoor cats and do parkour off the glass door, and is very smart- any attempt to keep him out of places he's not sposed to be is a constant arms race

Tall Tale Teller
May 20, 2003
Grave? Shovel! Let's go.

Stringent posted:

Ah yeah, "ankle drunk" is one I've used quite a bit irl.

Stiff coal is mine.

I think about that phrase a lot.

maxe
Sep 23, 2004

BLURRED SWEET STREETLIGHTS SPEEDING PAST, FAST
is there ever gonna be a way you can buy the whole series in a big book that doesn't cost a billion dollars

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

maxe posted:

is there ever gonna be a way you can buy the whole series in a big book that doesn't cost a billion dollars
Chris was working on the first volume of an annotated compendium with the comics and blogs and everything, officially announced and up for pre-orders (around $35 I think?). Release date was supposed to be in September I think. Then at some point the Amazon listing at least changed to next year so who knows but it is a real thing with a publisher involved.

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.
Godammnit Onstad don't gently caress this up too.

Let me buy your poo poo.

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

Just Offscreen posted:

Godammnit Onstad don't gently caress this up too.

Let me buy your poo poo.

I don't think this is a "goddammit Onstad" as much as it is a "goddammit COVID."

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

EBB posted:

See I read this as Ray testing if Teodor is paying attention or not since you can't leave a toilet seat balanced at 45 degrees.
I read it as Teodor being the one who was leaving the toilet seat forty-five degrees up, and Ray knows it, and now he's being smug about letting him know he knows it.

edit: also obviously the toilet seat is old, so its hinges are a little stiff, so it actually can stay that way

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,
And rise the M.C. Etrigan!

disaster pastor posted:

I don't think this is a "goddammit Onstad" as much as it is a "goddammit COVID."

If Onstad is stuck at home there's no way he shouldn't be able to work on this.

Zefiel
Sep 14, 2007

You can do whatever you want in life.

Lay off the man, if I could make a living selling "oh no it's today" little paintings that take 30 mins at most for $200 a pop, I would too, gently caress everything else

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Zefiel posted:

Lay off the man, if I could make a living selling "oh no it's today" little paintings that take 30 mins at most for $200 a pop, I would too, gently caress everything else

Art expressing anxiety over completely innocuous poo poo is the "Live Laugh Love" sign of the extremely online crowd.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas

ManiacClown posted:

If Onstad is stuck at home there's no way he shouldn't be able to work on this.

Onstad doesn't live at Oni Press HQ, and authors usually don't personally print and bind every copy of their books. I regret to inform you that teachers also don't sleep at school.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,
And rise the M.C. Etrigan!

How Wonderful! posted:

Onstad doesn't live at Oni Press HQ, and authors usually don't personally print and bind every copy of their books. I regret to inform you that teachers also don't sleep at school.

I was speaking more to an assumption that he hasn't finished his end.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

Publishers won't usually post the preorder til they have at least a working manuscript in hand, so he at least did enough that they could take the project away from him if he shirked out from whatever phase they're on.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

I'm surprised he doesn't have some kind of Cafepress or whatever for the Achewood shirt designs. I am not proud, I would probably buy an Achewood hoodie or something, and an occasional new design or jape would certainly bring in income, with little overhead.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

Nessus posted:

I'm surprised he doesn't have some kind of Cafepress or whatever for the Achewood shirt designs. I am not proud, I would probably buy an Achewood hoodie or something, and an occasional new design or jape would certainly bring in income, with little overhead.

Wouldn't be surprised to learn the resolution of those images he drew in 2001 or whatever aren't up to the minimum requirements of teepublic so doing shirts would mean new art.

Patattack
Nov 23, 2008

The English Language!

Nessus posted:

He used to, actually! For a few years (starting when the strip began creeping out of hiatus, and ending seemingly last winter when the "Holiday Art Shop" opened up) there was a shop with print-on-demand shirts, prints, mousepads, mugs, etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

He was posting about working on it pretty frequently and with the new art he was doing seemed as engaged with it as he'd ever been during a hiatus or whatever you call this. With a real publisher I think worst-case scenario for the book is it happens but maybe late for understandable reasons or it just isn't as annotated as it was conceived as being?