Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Zore posted:

No that's entirely accurate.

that's insane. no wonder they have an endless parade of poo poo jesus christ.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

hemale in pain posted:

wait....50% of the entire city budget goes to police? is that real? i must be stupid and reading it wrong

No, it looks like only a bit over 10% of the total budget. The cops in LA do appear to get more than 50% of what is allocated to "safety" though. (#2 in safety is the LAFD, the rest of the safety budget combined is <5%)

Rigel fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Jun 3, 2020

Wendell
May 11, 2003

How are u posted:

:confused:

It's a really moving memorial that speaks on a momentous part of our national history. It's a very sobering, moving memorial to where we've come from and how much further we have to go. Did Abraham Lincoln get canceled on left twitter?

In this case I believe “who cares about” means “who the gently caress is going to attack”

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Rigel posted:

No, it looks like only a a bit over 10% of the total budget. The cops in LA do appear to get more than 50% of what is allocated to "safety" though. (#2 in safety is the LAFD, the rest of the safety budget combined is <5%)

ahhh thank you for clarifying. that makes a billion times more sense.

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

https://twitter.com/Curious_Kurz/status/1267969432384688128

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

Wendell posted:

In this case I believe “who cares about” means “who the gently caress is going to attack”

Sure, no argument there. I can't imagine protesters would have any desire to smash it up.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Rigel posted:

No, it looks like only a a bit over 10% of the total budget. The cops in LA do appear to get more than 50% of what is allocated to "safety" though. (#2 in safety is the LAFD, the rest of the safety budget combined is <5%)

That makes a lot more sense.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

A plinth on the Lincoln Memorial grounds was tagged last night and of course from RWM you'd think that antifa battlemechs razed the mausoleum itself with particle cannons.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

It’s been an hour and a half since curfew in DC and the police haven’t done anything about it yet.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Arglebargle III posted:

A plinth on the Lincoln Memorial grounds was tagged last night and of course from RWM you'd think that antifa battlemechs razed the mausoleum itself with particle cannons.

i think i played that mission

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Hoooooly poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo :vince:

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

That second question's response is eye popping. I would never in a million years have expected such a positive response.

Anything crazy happen in the last 9 hours? Just woke up.

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.
https://twitter.com/alaynatreene/status/1267953426375356420

Dunno if this has been posted yet, but lmao that three-minute speech from yesterday literally was just bluster. He's too scared to actually go full fash.

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

It’s been an hour and a half since curfew in DC and the police haven’t done anything about it yet.

Hearing from some places that MPD won’t do anything- the crowd was too big and I think a lot of MPD also really didn’t like what happened last night.

Not sure if that has anything to do with it though.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Ragnar Homsar posted:

Dunno if this has been posted yet, but lmao that three-minute speech from yesterday literally was just bluster.

I, for one, am shocked that once again Trump's inevitable fascist takeover has been stymied by him being a dumb cowardly baby.

But it's better than the alternative.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

https://twitter.com/JoshuaPotash/status/1267974065077260288?s=20

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

It’s feel like PR has brought out a guillotine to a protest at the governors mansion before. I wonder if it’s the same guy.

LeafyOrb
Jun 11, 2012

E: never mind, not my day

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!

hemale in pain posted:

wait....50% of the entire city budget goes to police? is that real? i must be stupid and reading it wrong

That is just loving bananas. Policing has almost no effect on crime rates so this is all just basically wasted money/make work program for chuds.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Hoopy Frood posted:

That was adorable, thank you for the laugh! I needed that.

It was extremely adorable and I’m glad you liked my little anecdote! Kids are awesome.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Ragnar Homsar posted:

Dunno if this has been posted yet, but lmao that three-minute speech from yesterday literally was just bluster. He's too scared to actually go full fash.

that's because he hasn't seen today's DC crowds, which are reportedly the largest so far

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Well Trump got into a pissing match with the DC police and tried to take them over so I wouldn't be surprised if they cared a little less about his feelings tonight.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

DeeplyConcerned posted:

That is just loving bananas. Policing has almost no effect on crime rates so this is all just basically wasted money/make work program for chuds.

It’s apparently not 50% of the entire budget but 54% of the Safety budget.

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

So now Trump has the largest crowds yet outside the white house, has a DC police chief that's pissed off at him, and has a bunch of soldiers standing around holding their dicks at the Lincoln Memorial because they can't leave federal property.

Great job there champ, much better than the idiot photo op from yesterday.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

A GIANT PARSNIP posted:

So now Trump has the largest crowds yet outside the white house, has a DC police chief that's pissed off at him, and has a bunch of soldiers standing around holding their dicks at the Lincoln Memorial because they can't leave federal property.

Great job there champ, much better than the idiot photo op from yesterday.

And a bunch of active duty troops who would probably rather be back at base loving around then standing out around doing nothing.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Aaaand how much of the total budget is the safety budget?

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.

Grouchio posted:

Around 10%. Still way oversized just on the principle of it, but it's not 54% of the entire city budget.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Grouchio posted:

Apparently 10%

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I think yesterday was a huge lovely disaster for the government. Someone who planned for Trumps PR stunt obviously planned to antagonise the protesters to violence. The police rushed their barricade 5 minutes or so before they charged them properly with tear gas and horses but just stood there waiting to get attacked but it never happened.

I guess who was in charge didn't have the foresight to shelve it all. They couldn't really because going to the church was part of trumps planned speech i guess? so they had to go full force on people who weren't doing anything while tons of media attention was on the whitehouse

seems like a masssiiiive gently caress up all because whoever planned it all was planning on how the crowd would react. probably a poo poo chess player.

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Ah, I see! Still.....

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Ragnar Homsar posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if there's dissent in the ranks. He knows if he goes full fash he'll have an open mutiny. If he felt confident they'd support him he would 100% do it.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

hemale in pain posted:

I think yesterday was a huge lovely disaster for the government. Someone who planned for Trumps PR stunt obviously planned to antagonise the protesters to violence. The police rushed their barricade 5 minutes or so before they charged them properly with tear gas and horses but just stood there waiting to get attacked but it never happened.

I guess who was in charge didn't have the foresight to shelve it all. They couldn't really because going to the church was part of trumps planned speech i guess? so they had to go full force on people who weren't doing anything while tons of media attention was on the whitehouse

seems like a masssiiiive gently caress up all because whoever planned it all was planning on how the crowd would react. probably a poo poo chess player.

I am sure Jared planned the photo op.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I would hope the horror show from last night in DC where a guy had to house 70 people or else they would be arrested got big enough traction to get into the cops minds

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
https://twitter.com/FBI/status/1267573544747257858

All the replies are videos of cops beating people and Trump's stunt yesterday. :lmao:

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

Tae posted:

I would hope the horror show from last night in DC where a guy had to house 70 people or else they would be arrested got big enough traction to get into the cops minds

Ah, but you see he was late on his rent payment due to a little pandemic. Boo hoo! Someone needs to get tazed!

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Wow, good job atlanta for trying to one-up DC

https://twitter.com/AngelaMWilhelm/status/1267975369522585600

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

The Cheshire Cat posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if there's dissent in the ranks. He knows if he goes full fash he'll have an open mutiny. If he felt confident they'd support him he would 100% do it.

From an outside perspective it's impossible to know what the feeling on the ground is like over there, but it definitely seems like the more this goes on the more chance there is of Trump accepting it if he loses in November.

He's clearly being laying the groundwork to say that any loss is due to fraud and that the country loves him, but it will be much harder to make that case if he's faced the largest protests in decades in the preceding months.

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

AlternateNu posted:

https://twitter.com/FBI/status/1267573544747257858

All the replies are videos of cops beating people and Trump's stunt yesterday. :lmao:

This just in: FBI agents brace for waves of kpop videos

BougieBitch
Oct 2, 2013

Basic as hell
Just got home from the Boston protests, as I mentioned before crowd was pretty large and diverse, cops stayed away while people were giving speeches, sounds like things might have got more wild once the crowd started spreading out from the starting point but i was already on a bus by then. The crazy thing was when I was transferring from bus to train and caught sight of the national guard and cops just standing around with their dicks in their hands all up and down Newbury St- I saw 3 or 4 humvees just parked on corners with groups of dudes in camo standing around, mixed in with some city cops. This was clear on the other side of town from where anyone was protesting, so as far as I can tell the only reason for them to be posted up there is because that's where all the bougie-rear end stores are. Totally excessive amount of force on display here, and I was not the only person taking pictures while walking by, so clearly other people felt uncomfortable about it too.

https://imgur.com/a/ExmwQAq

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

Tae posted:

Wow, good job atlanta for trying to one-up DC

https://twitter.com/AngelaMWilhelm/status/1267975369522585600

Haha wow. Glad to see our tax dollars hard at work making sure *checks notes* more people are hospitalized for dehydration?

Seriously yall it’s loving HOT here