Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k
Pretty sure covid is dead op :rip:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

i say swears online posted:

wow that looks awful

You have to remember that we're only hosed up in the head and not full blown Trrrp

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
I knew you were covid when you walked in

Qu Appelle
Nov 3, 2005

"If a COVID-19 pandemic occurs, public health officials may have additional instructions, such as avoiding close contact with others as much as possible, and staying home if someone in your household is sick." - Official insights from Public Health: Seattle & King County staff

MrYenko posted:

So does tear gas cure COVID or what?

One way to find out!

I'm missing being able to go to all of the protests, but I don't want to get sick.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
whats covid i only know aboput protests

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Toys For rear end Bum posted:

This poo poo is incredible

Back in March we got a bump in cases from Aussies rushing back home from overseas, who then gave it to their immediate family + friends.
But even after nearly 2 months of lockdowns, there's still a dozen new cases every day popping up out of nowhere.

Didn't go for eradication so we're now playing whack-a-mole with clusters (mainly in 2 states)

Look at what lockdown did to our flu numbers going into winter

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Are we doing the death total pool again?

I want to call 420,069 first, letting it ride.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

I would like to claim the death total of "1" this time

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

spaceblancmange posted:

Didn't go for eradication so we're now playing whack-a-mole with clusters (mainly in 2 states)

Look at what lockdown did to our flu numbers going into winter

lmao, being forced to go to work when sick fucks us up hard.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

lol going back to work tomorrow for the first time in 2 months and I can't loving sleep dude I'm legit terrified gently caress

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Google Butt posted:

lol going back to work tomorrow for the first time in 2 months and I can't loving sleep dude I'm legit terrified gently caress

just remember you in the cool zone now baby

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Google Butt posted:

can you wear a mask and will monaural of your coworkers?

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

theflyingexecutive posted:

can you wear a mask and will monaural of your coworkers?

I can wear a mask, but not all co-workers will. And I had to google monoaural and idgi friend

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
who won the COVID wars?

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

lol “most of”*

imo, it seems like most outbreaks at work are tight clusters of people who aren’t wearing masks. even places with a bunch of public interaction like grocery stores aren’t experiencing wildfire clusters. the lunchroom is probably the most dangerous area, p easily fixed by eating outside/in your car. get your coworkers to keep pressure on management to enforce distancing and disinfecting and your risks become negligible.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

theflyingexecutive posted:

lol “most of”*

imo, it seems like most outbreaks at work are tight clusters of people who aren’t wearing masks. even places with a bunch of public interaction like grocery stores aren’t experiencing wildfire clusters. the lunchroom is probably the most dangerous area, p easily fixed by eating outside/in your car. get your coworkers to keep pressure on management to enforce distancing and disinfecting and your risks become negligible.

My closest co worker will be a non mask wearer MOST of the time, so if I keep alot of distance I think I can navigate the rest. 98% of the rest of the facility is wearing masks on the floor, and yes I can take breaks and eat in my car.

I will be wearing a mask literally all of the time, and I'm going to try and track down a real n95 at work if I can. I'm being moved into an office for now because I made a stink, so that's a bit of a relief (open floor plan 12' away from non mask wearers). Really really wish my coworker would wear a mask but he's a knucklehead. I'm going to try at least asking him to pull his bandana up if he needs to talk to me or when we do a two man job.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
when's the last time you had covid? huh? i thought so. so you see, covid is over.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
goddamn we're gonna be stuck in a recession for a very long time

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
Hmmm, coronavirus.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Taintrunner posted:

goddamn we're gonna be stuck in a recession for a very long time

probably for the entirety of trumps second term

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib
People sleeping on covid now that we're in the Cool Zone but covid only gets cooler from here imo.

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Coolvid 69

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Paramemetic posted:

People sleeping on covid now that we're in the Cool Zone but covid only gets cooler from here imo.

we need character development for cool zone and then introduce hurricane season. then comes the crossover feature with all 3

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
beans

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

we beat covid you idiots idk why there’s a thread open er up get in loser we’re going to Applebee’s

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Solarin posted:

probably for the entirety of trumps second term
The certainty of his reelection makes me think back and wonder, what kind of absolute worthless moron loser was Bush Sr. to not win a second term?

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

can’t get me, roni!

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Samurai Sanders posted:

The certainty of his reelection makes me think back and wonder, what kind of absolute worthless moron loser was Bush Sr. to not win a second term?

the vote got split by Perot

also he wasn’t right wing enough for chuds

that was still in a time of realignment tho so things were a bit strange

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

snoo posted:

thank u, can't wait to die

:same:

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
A lot of places seem to be opening up with a 'masks encouraged but not required' policy and gently caress that poo poo because if you do that the value of mask wearing is greatly diminished. Masks mandatory or don't bother.

Like, even the local movie theater has that policy. And are also saying on thier Facebook Account that almost no one is coming to watch movies. No poo poo guys, nobody wants to sit in a theater right now.

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
:firstpost:

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

Engage according to operational parameters

Toys For rear end Bum posted:

This poo poo is incredible

Back in March we got a bump in cases from Aussies rushing back home from overseas, who then gave it to their immediate family + friends.
But even after nearly 2 months of lockdowns, there's still a dozen new cases every day popping up out of nowhere.

lol the trans-Tasman bubble is going to gently caress nz up so hard

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
For posterities sake my understanding of Corona at the start of June is that surface contact isn't a huge deal unless you're grabbing something that was just cough/sneezed on recently. But it isn't zero and you need to be diligent about handwashing. I'm still cleaning stuff that goes in the fridge or freezer but I'm just leaving non perishables in the garage for a couple days and not doing any special cleaning. Packages I just open and then wash my hands.

The main danger as I understand it today is airborne contact. Still not sure how much or how close. Anything outside with some space seems okay. The risk from shopping is unclear, both for customers and employees. But spending an hour plus in an enclosed space is a clear no no and why I expect gyms, restaurants, churches, and offices to be the next source of outbreaks now that nursing homes have been run through.

Finally, it appears if you're under 40 you're unlikely to die from this but you're gonna have a lovely couple of weeks and we don't know yet what the long term damage might be. 40-60 things get more serious and 60+ make sure your will is up to date.

Am I missing anything?

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

shut the gently caress up and get away from me

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Samurai Sanders posted:

Tokyo's numbers have ticked slightly up again, but other places in Japan seem okay so far. After seeing full restaurants etc the weekend before last, I thought we'd have a few more cases here.

Japan's so weird. They seem to be doing so much wrong, but the results seem okay by any measure I see.

Bcg baby , it's either that or Japan+Russia are just doing massive cover-ups somehow

Btw sticking with my 250k dead prediction for end of month since we got nowhere near it last month.

Ebola Roulette
Sep 13, 2010

No matter what you win lose ragepiss.
My prediction is that Roni is definitely going to surpass diabetes in deaths by the end of June

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Samurai Sanders posted:

I think he raised taxes. the GOP will never make that mistake again

Subvisual Haze
Nov 22, 2003

The building was on fire and it wasn't my fault.

euphronius posted:

the vote got split by Perot

also he wasn’t right wing enough for chuds

that was still in a time of realignment tho so things were a bit strange

The wingnut and crank demographic is an essential part of the GOP coalition and Perot sapped a lot of strength from there.

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

even the op is doing go outside gaslighting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

It was more fun to be quarantined than outside. Second wave will make 2020 interesting.