Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
I just now got that the speakeasy is the future SHIELD base from season 2 through 4. Coulson even says it was an old speakeasy when giving the Congressmen a tour.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

I really enjoy this season being a victory lap through Shield. I wonder who else is going to show up as guest stars (yes I saw the trailer for next week).

Erev
Jun 9, 2013
The farewell season is certainly off to a good, fun start. I enjoyed the implied answer to the Koenigs.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Erev posted:

The farewell season is certainly off to a good, fun start. I enjoyed the implied answer to the Koenigs.

lol oh poo poo, I didn't get that until now

They're all robots!

So Enoch is just gonna take the long way through time and we'll catch up with him again, I bet.

I'm also starting to buy the Fitz and Simmons are now old and living somewhere together while this Simmons is an LMD theory. I hope we get a Fitz appearance soon though.

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

Codependent Poster posted:

So Enoch is just gonna take the long way through time and we'll catch up with him again, I bet.

I'm also starting to buy the Fitz and Simmons are now old and living somewhere together while this Simmons is an LMD theory. I hope we get a Fitz appearance soon though.

I do like that Enoch just needed a second before popping back to Koenig, realizing that his presence + knowledge would be a root to a lot of SHIELD's backstory as it were.
It'll probably end up being a running gag that he keeps getting left behind, and always has to take the long way around, doing good as he does so.

And yeah, I think people are entirely on the mark.
FitzSimmons popped out in a side-timestream at some point to work in peace, sending out LMD versions of them to prop up the main group as they need it. While maintaining the separation as another layer to hide that fact.

I really like the season so far, and I'm curious how it'll pan out considering these time jumps might be short affairs like this one.

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib
They left Enoch behind, those bastards! Poor Enoch, he always get the lovely end of the stick. The actor is fantastic at hangdog expressions (fantastic in general really).

Fun episode, Daisy getting on my tits with her 'we must change things!' bullshit. Everyone's told her to stay in mission but she can't help being all emotional and poo poo.

May is weird rn. I think she actually died and a protector goddess from Izels world came back in her body.

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
I'm gonna go with Gemma is an LMD and doesn't know it. That's why she can't find the message Fitz left her. It's INSIDE her.

Erev
Jun 9, 2013

They're all robots!

It's even better, because the Koenigs were always using "We're not robots!" as a line. But then you got Enoch - "I am not a robot, I am a sentient Chronocom...."

The Koenigs are the first Earth-created Chronocoms. This is even more amusing considering the Hunters want Earth as a new Chronocom homeworld - and Enoch beat them to it.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I hope every era they're in has a Koenig.

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Fallen Rib

twistedmentat posted:

He's really fun isn't he

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

twistedmentat posted:

That's what the future arc was missing!
Maybe they'll get back and it turns out that's who Deke's dad is.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
You goofballs, the Koenigs were the first workers on the LMD project. They said that in the earlier season where they were with their sister.

Also Enoch made a new friend :)

E: also God yes Koenigs throughout the ages please.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

So, if they stopped Malik from getting the last piece of the super soldier serum to Erskine wouldn't that also have a knock on effect to the origin of Captain America?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

howe_sam posted:

So, if they stopped Malik from getting the last piece of the super soldier serum to Erskine wouldn't that also have a knock on effect to the origin of Captain America?

Yup.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I think the idea is that this is the stuff that doesn't quite work and turned Johann Schmidt into the Red Skull. Although if he doesn't become aware of the Super Soldier Serum that might mean Thorin Oakenshield doesn't kill Erskine and America starts cranking out Captain Americas.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

If that is the end of Enoch and the Oswalts story, I think that's a nice little ending for them as a final scene. I wouldn't mind seeing Hartley, Hunter, Idaho, and Bobbi one more time.

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!
Lol that the ancient HYDRA cult dies just cause they pissed off a speakeasy owner.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

notthegoatseguy posted:

If that is the end of Enoch and the Oswalts story, I think that's a nice little ending for them as a final scene. I wouldn't mind seeing Hartley, Hunter, Idaho, and Bobbi one more time.

Enoch will be back. He's a patient one.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Enoch just gonna pull a Robo, nbd

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Regy Rusty posted:

Enoch just gonna pull a Robo, nbd

Last episode has a Koenig from 2052 keeping him maintained and just to screw with people they'll openly admit he's an LMD

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
The tag from the final episode will be the SHIELD crew flying off to 5000 years into the future while Enoch just sits and waits patiently in their base.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

swickles posted:

I just now got that the speakeasy is the future SHIELD base from season 2 through 4. Coulson even says it was an old speakeasy when giving the Congressmen a tour.

...God damnit. Why didn't I know that

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

muscles like this! posted:

I think the idea is that this is the stuff that doesn't quite work and turned Johann Schmidt into the Red Skull. Although if he doesn't become aware of the Super Soldier Serum that might mean Thorin Oakenshield doesn't kill Erskine and America starts cranking out Captain Americas.

Johann Schmidt became the Red Skull through taking an EARLY VERSION of Erskine's formula. The one he perfected by 1942 or whenever Steve became Cap. It's very likely the green goo is part of the formula for Cap.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Apoplexy posted:

Johann Schmidt became the Red Skull through taking an EARLY VERSION of Erskine's formula. The one he perfected by 1942 or whenever Steve became Cap. It's very likely the green goo is part of the formula for Cap.

More likely the goo was part of the first generation of Erskine's formula, the one that turned Schmidt into Red Skull, because this is 1931. Captain America The First Avenger suggests that only with the help of the SSR and Howard Stark was Erskine able to perfect the formula.

You need Red Skull to have Captain America.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Retconning future SHIELD to make them responsible for the creation of Captain America would be so on-brand for this show. Watch them somehow accidentally create all the rest of the Avengers before the season is over too.

Thor might be a hard sell, but they can make it work.

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?

sticklefifer posted:

Retconning future SHIELD to make them responsible for the creation of Captain America would be so on-brand for this show. Watch them somehow accidentally create all the rest of the Avengers before the season is over too.

Thor might be a hard sell, but they can make it work.

They have to prevent the chromicons from giving Anthony Hopkins a vasectomy.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
I'm expecting some casual saving of Howard Stark at a minimum, preferably with some saving of Peggy Carter as well. Endgame just did it, but I'd get a real kick out of them bringing back in the MCU tie-in goodness with a Back to the Future 2 style stroll behind the scenes of the OG Iron Man movie, complete with some tragic interaction with/viewings of Coulson. I don't expect it would happen, but even a voice cameo from RDJ during that would be lots of fun.

I've got faith that it'll all end with a satisfying finale, I'm just hoping that they'll make the most out of the time travel now that we know we'll be seeing multiple time periods. Hell, even running into Ward again on the time shenanigans would be fun, if they want to keep it to only stuff from the proper AoS series.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

NowonSA posted:

I'm expecting some casual saving of Howard Stark at a minimum, preferably with some saving of Peggy Carter as well. Endgame just did it, but I'd get a real kick out of them bringing back in the MCU tie-in goodness with a Back to the Future 2 style stroll behind the scenes of the OG Iron Man movie, complete with some tragic interaction with/viewings of Coulson. I don't expect it would happen, but even a voice cameo from RDJ during that would be lots of fun.

I've got faith that it'll all end with a satisfying finale, I'm just hoping that they'll make the most out of the time travel now that we know we'll be seeing multiple time periods. Hell, even running into Ward again on the time shenanigans would be fun, if they want to keep it to only stuff from the proper AoS series.

The dog is the thread, and the episode is spent trying to figure out if it means the dog must live or die.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

I can't believe they went back in time to save the dog only to kill it for Ward, and then May talked to him again?

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
"OK, I get having to save HYDRA so SHIELD will form, and I understand why Red Skull has to find the Tesseract, but why again are we taking this raccoon halfway across the galaxy?"

"Well it turns out he and his tree friend are really important in the future."

"Ok, got it. But why are giving a year 3 old Nick Fury a kitten?"

"He has to like cats! Again, future of the universe at stake!"

anastazius
May 17, 2009
I love this show SO much. I feel sad for the people who (slightly understandably) dropped it before the Winter Soldier tie-in kicked in in season 1.

Remember when Clark Gregg called people lame for giving up on the show so quickly? I haven't looked for the exact quote yet.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

anastazius posted:

Remember when Clark Gregg called people lame for giving up on the show so quickly? I haven't looked for the exact quote yet.

I remember people in the Agents of SHIELD thread at the time jumping on him for saying it. But they didn’t know what he knew.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
When they get back to the present, Ward will be waiting for them as part of their team and will have never been Hydra, because they saved his dog. And also he'll be Taskmaster, tying in to the Black Widow movie.

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Fallen Rib
I was listening/watching music in YouTube and it struck etgat Dalton looks similar to a young travolta.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

Mr Beens posted:

I think they are uploading 2 years of updates so he is in synch with us as viewers and Quake, Mac etc.
I think it's pretty telling that Simmonds dodged saying how long it has been for them multiple times, I'm guessing years not months.

They again explicilty had some one ask and then avoided saying how long Simmonds was away making tech, I still think it's going to be big. If it was just a couple of months away they wouldn't keep bringing it up

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
I just realized what they're doing with this season.

It's Quantum Leap.

They have to go around fixing the Cronocons' meddling, after which they (the Cronocons) do a time jump that SHIELD has to piggyback off of.

They're literally righting the wrongs of the past, hoping their next leap will be the leap home.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

lol that title card

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

PEARL GROWLS "TAKE OFF THAT SHIRT, STEVEN." I COMPLY, REVEALING THE FULL LENGTH SHIRT TATTOO. PEARL RETREATS INTO HER GEM, DEFEATED.

lol that title card

I'm loving the hell out of new title cards for whatever time period they're in for the upcoming episode...

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

PEARL GROWLS "TAKE OFF THAT SHIRT, STEVEN." I COMPLY, REVEALING THE FULL LENGTH SHIRT TATTOO. PEARL RETREATS INTO HER GEM, DEFEATED.
How does Deke know about Days of Thunder and not Yo-Yo?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Pretending to be Agent Carter is great.